EDITH / Twilight

By ssa_bby

The rocky romance between a wolf and a vampire. [Eclipse +] EMBRY CALL Completed Rewritten Previously known a... More

disclaimer
playlist
Pt. 1
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
epilogue
Pt.2
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Epilogue
Pt.3
*
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Epilogue

chapter six

14.8K 368 4
By ssa_bby

Chapter Six: Down and Dirty

Edith was standing in the middle of a clearing in the woods, with Rosalie at her side. She was joking with Rose who was bored, waiting for the pack coming; they had agreed to come to train to attack and kill the newborns.

Edith hadn't seen her mate since the unfortunate events of the graduation party, it was almost as if he didn't exist as the awkward topic refused to be brought up within the Cullen household,the family didn't know how to act, they tiptoed around her as if one word and she would combust into flames and rage.

She didn't want to take part in training but Esme had forced her to come; she knew that Edith had experience but she wanted her to take part to show her strength.

She heard growling and saw the pack dark in the trees, glowing eyes and colourful fur. She spotted Embry right away in his wolf, she automatically felt the pull towards him and clenched her jaw. She wasn't exactly pleased that he was taking part which causes the stubborn side of Edith to come outwhich had caused her not to reach out to him at all.

He had gray fur with black spots and he was sleeker than the other pack members and, his snout was dark gray, which made it easier to notice him. He was magnificent; he was beautiful in both human and wolf form.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms." Edward sneered.

"They came, that's what matters. Will you translate?" Carlisle told Edward as he looked at Edith and smiled.

She was hurt and angry - that was the emotional connection of having a mate; she didn't want to see him get hurt. Although, she knew she would focus on saving him more than Bella if he didn't fight along side them which was a given.

Carlisle looked at the pack and started to talk,

"Welcome, Jasper has experience with the newborns, he can teach us how to defeat them. Edith has experience with the Volturi. She was one of their prized possessions for many years."

"I would listen to what we have to say unless you want to be ripped apart by vampires." Edith huffed as she glared at her natural born enemies.

"They wanna know how the newborns differ from us." Edward read their mind and replied with the answer.

"They're a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life." Carlisle told the pack.

"A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army. But no human army can stand against them. Now the two most important things to remember are; first never let them get their arms around you, they'll crush you instantly. The second, never go for the obvious kill, they'll be expecting that and you will lose." Jasper said in a lowered voice.

"The bite of a vampire can sever the limbs of their opponents, this is because we are known for having extremely sharp and strong teeth. We don't possess fangs but our teeth are unbreakable and razor sharp. They are incredibly strong, able to bite through almost any solid substance. Our teeth are also venomous, affected by the vampire venom that flows in their mouths. Remember, a vampire's greatest weapon is their teeth. Don't be fooled because you will loose. Newborns won't have all abilities because if they do have a special ability, they usually don't understand what it is yet." Edith thought back to the days where she had ripped newborn armies to shreds, she had loved to be in amongst the fighting when she was a young vampire.

The training started. It wasn't hard to watch, they needed to learn or they would die, it was that simple. Edward threw Carlisle and turned his back on him.

"One more thing, never turn your back on your enemy." Jasper said walking passed Edward and Edward looked at him right before Carlisle got up and threw Edward to the ground.

Edith let out a snort and laughed, Rosalie nudged her but gave her a smirk. Jacob, still in his wolf form, came up to Bella and stood close to her.

"Some of you are gonna get hurt. Some of you could get killed, because of me. This could be a hundred times worse than this, right?" Bella said as he put his head close to Bella's and she strokes his head gently.

"They want to see Edith fight." Edward read their minds, it wasn't a secret that the wolves were disgusted but intrigued by Embry's imprint, this pairing had never happened before.

"I have to warn you, she doesn't play fair." Carlisle sternly said to the pack but agreed to let Edith partly unleash her fighting ability.

"Please, she couldn't take me down." Emmett scoffed at his sister and she raised an eyebrow. Embry nudged closed but Sam gave him a look to stand his ground.

"Come on pretty boy, I'll only crack your skull slightly." She smirked.

"Oh god, Edith please go gently on him. That's all I need is a broken mate." Rosalie huffed as she could hardly watch the scene unfold in front of them.

Emmett fast approached Edith, ready to attack until she opened her mouth and unleashed a scream that instantly stopped Emmett and his face was showing signs of struggle and pain. He reached his hands up to his ears as he screamed in agony at the sound waves hitting him from the direction of Edith.

She refused to take it any further, knowing how dangerous she could get so everything became silent, including the wolves who stared at her.

She was a dangerous one, they thought.

After training, Edith was pinning her hair up and made her way up to Jasper who was standing with Bella. Bella was asking Jasper if there was anything that she could do.

"Well, your presence alone, your scent will distract the newborns. Their hunting instincts will take over, drive them crazy." Jasper smirked and Edith put an arm around Jaspers shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, they will be in a frenzy." She smirked as she ruffled Jaspers hair and tried to look around for Embry. She couldn't spot him but then when she was about to give up, she saw him in human form, sporting denim shorts and no top. Even though he was a shapeshifter, he was handsome. She nearly drooled at the sight and when he clocked eyes with her, he instantly smiled. She warmed up to the feeling of contentment as she slowly approached him. Their first interaction since the night they met.

"I'm fighting beside my brothers and I'm sorry if you disagree but this is what we do." Embry said,Edith sighed in defeat but didn't take it any further,

"I guess I'm sorry for the way I acted. I didn't have the right to tell you what to do. Forgive me?"

He nodded with a grin and they both shook on it.

"How do you know so much about newborns?"

"I joined the Volturi; They are the foundation of our peace and civilization. Many years ago, a coven tried to overrun the Volturi and created an army of newborns and so, a war began. That's how I know so much about newborns, I had to fight them. Ever so often, the Volturi has to deal with newborns if they are created and can't be controlled, so they have to end them." Edith explained, she didn't want to say too much because even though Embry was her soulmate, he was still a werewolf and he had a strong alpha.

"I hate vampires." Embry said out loud and quickly tried to save himself.

Edith put a finger over his mouth, "It's okay, I hate them too." She smiled.

"I suppose you are my exception." Embry smiled and of Edith could turn crimson, her cheeks would be redder than a tomato.

"Okay, lover boy." She laughed at her mate and they quickly parted ways with their families.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 19.2K 61
in which the most beautiful cullen falls for the most beautiful human
49K 1.5K 15
"You Became My Everything And Showed Me The True Meaning Of Love." Eclipse | Book 3
11.2K 265 27
Maisie Black. All about La Push. Shy girl unless you get to know her. Not one to make friends easily despite the fact that she very well could. Frien...
1.1M 29.9K 45
"๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘– ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ...๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘‘ ๐‘– ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘’๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ" ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข...