Lovely Affair ||COMPLETED||

By RealHeartFakeLove

||Teenage Student Affair Novel|| • "How did we end up like this?" "I fell in love with you, and you fell in l... More

Intro
||The Look||
||Ignorance||
||Bliss||
||Apology||
||Caring||
||Scandal||
||Family||
||Self-Control||
||Guillotine||
||Full Class||
||Cherish Her||
||Wisdom||
||Apprentice||
||Sleepless||
||Absence||
||Spoken||
||Broken||
||Hold Me||
||Regret||
||Affair||
||Obedience||
||Abandonment||

||Gone||

2.6K 68 10
By RealHeartFakeLove

Annabelle was never much for crying herself to sleep, however, that's how Arthur had found her the same night she confessed her love for Olen, he could only watch her cry while trying to comfort her. She had never said she loved a guy, especially one she was prohibited from seeing, he was very confused about the whole situation and it seemed tad childish but he knew how it felt to be kept away from love. Maybe she didn't love him and just held strong feelings for him, he had tried telling her but she shook her head and denied him saying she understood her feelings now.

In Arthur's mind, her situations was almost childish, as if it were a middle school crush she was hurting over, but he took her hurt into mind as he'd suffered that before. She looked genuinely broken and he didn't know how to control it, he loved his sister and hoped she could just forget, but it was never that easy, if the love was as strong as thought of, then it would take her a long time.

Arthur leaves his sister, noticing she needs time to herself, and heads downstairs where he sees Austin eating a sandwich in nothing but a pair of shorts, this is when he notices the marks on his back.

"You should really cover up Melissa's artwork before mom takes notice," Arthur says slyly.

Austin quickly turns around and swallows the food in his mouth before retorting, "you should really keep this to yourself."

Arthur raises his hands in self-defense and walks out the kitchen. His brother was like a canvas to Melissa, he remembers when he first came home with bruised marks on his neck, his mother lost it, she thought it was inappropriate and even called his father to scold him. Arthur sometimes believes that's why Austin resents his father, he always had something to say but never had enough momentum to stay with his family. He also remembers when his dad decided to end it with not just his mom, but his kids as well, he was sure he saw him only once or twice every month, that's if they were lucky enough to get in contact with him again. It caused distrust, and resent. He hated him at first, not as much as his mother or brother had, but he would often avoid his phone calls or visits.

Arthur notices Austin walk into the kitchen with a shirt on covering the marks on his chest, he was lucky enough to have a laundry room right downstairs. Instead of saying anything to his older brother, Arthur laughs and takes a seat on the couch turning on the television, Austin joining him right after. Although was happy with his brother, his mind wandered back to Annabelle, he wonders if she was able to clam herself down or if she was still sulking in the memory of Olen. He was still very angry at the situation, but he didn't know how to make it better, he had no clue as to what to do. It's not like he could speak to his brother of the situation, Austin would not just punch Olen, Austin was capable of doing much more damage than he had.

Instead of focusing all on his sister, Arthur kicked back with his brother and watched the game with him.

Annabelle, now alone, was focusing on wether or not to send a message to Olen. She was sure he did not want to speak with her, if Margaret saw the message, she truly believes she would be suspicious. Hours had passed since she last saw him. His bright blue eyes glancing past her during class, the way he seemed less attentive to the class and more distracted. She wants to know what is on his mind, if only she had the wits to send a simple message.

'Olen?'

She knows how easily her finger could graze over the send button, but somehow she just barely lingered above it. Annabelle felt it.

The love.

She could feel how much her heart craved for him, for his kisses, his touch, the way he made her feel. Annabelle truly believes she loves him, her heart knows it, the way she felt at the mere mention of his name. It was all she craved.

While her mind fills with thoughts of Olen, her phone lit up and buzzed.

Chris.

She picks her phone up, debating on answering it, by she does anyway.

"Hey, how are you, my sunshine?" Chris asks.

Annabelle hesitates before answering, but says, "I'm good, a little tired, it's kind of late."

"I know," he responds laughing. "I missed your voice, I just wanted to hear it before I went off to bed. I hope I didn't wake you or anything."

"No! No, of course not, I haven't slept all day so I'm just tired from today."

Chris laughs at Annabelle and asks her about her day. Annabelle, of course, tells him about her day, leaving out various details that she should not say to him and stays on the line with him until she feels too tired to keep the conversation going.

"Hey, Chris, I'm getting a bit tired, I think I'm going to head out to bed."

"Of course, babe."

"Babe? That's a new one," Annabelle replies laughing.

"Yeah, uh, I have been meaning to give you a name that wasn't yours. Not because I hate it!" Chris replies trying to correct himself. "I love your name! Your name is beautiful, Annabelle."

"Don't worry, Chris, I understand. I will see you on Monday. Goodnight."

Annabelle ends the call and looks back at the message and sends it. She quickly places the phone down and leaves the room. She didn't need to look at it right now, it was a lot on her head. So, instead, she heads downstairs where her brothers are watching the television, arguing about a topic Annabelle doesn't understand nor care for. Austin watches her and instantly stands up.

"Why were you crying? Was it Chris? Annabelle, you better tell me."

Annabelle, confused, staggers back and shakes her head and arms in front of her. "No! Absolutely not!"

He looks confused.

"...then what?"

"I just...I'm a teenager, Austin, do you not get sad sometimes? I was listening to a song, I promise," she replies laughing.

"I get that way too," Arthur perked behind them.

Austin pats his sister in the back and goes back to sit down with his brother. He could tell Annabelle wasn't being completely honest, but he couldn't always be on her, he remembers how much he longed for personal space when he started dating Melissa. He remembers that day exactly as if it had just happened yesterday, but in reality was nearly three years ago. Melissa was a little punk, down to the way she dressed, as he remembers her, and was aggravating at first, but once he got to know her more, he couldn't help but take a liking to her. Eventually Austin asked her out and, of course, she had been falling for him as well so she said yes. They also went to prom together, the soccer team's all-star, and the punk girl, but Melissa stopped dressing that way and begun taking interest in the new fashion and makeup fads around her. After a year of their relationship, Melissa's parents decided to move due to their financial status, and, of course, took Melissa with them about a twenty minute drive away, which strained their relationship.

"So what now?" Annabelle asks her brothers.

Arthur seems to think, then says cheerfully, "do you guys want to go get some late night food?"

"Oh yeah, baby," Austin responds.

Annabelle and Arthur only shake their heads at their brother and race towards the car, debating on who would be driving and who would take the gunshot seat, unsurprisingly it always being Arthur if Austin was driving and vice versa. If Annabelle, luckily, got to take the front seat, one of her brothers would lift her up and disregard her yelps. They really loved their seats.

The siblings decide to drive to a a 24-hour burger joint a few streets down from Richardson Heist High School, their own school, and about fifteen minutes from their house. It was a usual hang out spot for their classmates who live close to it. When they arrive, they instantly recognize a very familiar car. It's Chris' car. Austin and Arthur become joyful at the site of their best friends car, Annabelle, however, does not look too happy, and they take instant notice in that.

"You okay, Annabelle?" Austin asks looking back at her from the front seat.

Arthur, who was already looking at her noticed she looked uncomfortable.

"I kind of told Chris I was going to sleep nearly an hour ago," she says shyly.

"Oh." Both brothers look at each other and shake their heads not knowing what to do with that information.

Arthur turns the car off and asks, "well, do you want to go in or not? I mean, we can find somewhere else, our options aren't super unlimited, but I'm pretty sure something else is open at this time. It'll be nearly one by the time we find somewhere and drive over there, though."

"I'll just say I couldn't sleep, so I decided to come get food with you guys. Just don't say anything!"

They all agree and head inside. The small joints decorations always made them feel as if they were entering an old time movie set. They had old movie set props, pictures, a few costume sets, the most recognizable memorabilia item they had was a mask used in The Midnight Rage, a horror movie Annabelle's father swore was the reason for his frights as a teenager and adult. Of course, their mother would always tell them how he would constantly ask her to take their fright claims seriously, as his parents never did. They never were afraid of the monster under their bed.

They are instantly spotted by Chris and are shocked at the presence of Melissa, who does not instantly take notice of them as she is facing Chris.

"Hey," Chris says, making Melissa look behind her and stand up took greet them. She stood up and walked to Austin, avoiding the glare from Annabelle.

"Babe, hey? I thought you were going to spend the night with your family?" Melissa said, asked more than anything.

"I am, I brought them out to eat because we were hungry. What's going on here?" Austin asks looking back at Chris.

Melissa could see the slight confusion in Austin's eyes, but she could also see anger behind the wall of confusion. He was a jealous one, always has been, always will be one, and she knew he was thinking the worst at that exact moment, and she had to stop it from growing.

"Could I talk to you alone?" She asks wrapping her hand around his arm.

He doesn't shake her off and nods at her, walking towards the entrance door leaving Chris, Arthur and Annabelle awkwardly behind. Annabelle of course turns to Chris for an answer, and he shyly explains to her that they were there together because Melissa was venting to him about Annabelle. They hadn't met there purposely, Chris was there before Melissa arrived with a couple of friends, and once they left she went to his table. He had become hungry after hanging up on Annabelle and went to grab something to eat. Annabelle believes him, of course, but still feels slightly jealous, especially since she couldn't completely confirm his story, and of course Austin would believe his precious Melissa without a doubt, this is what Annabelle thinks.

As they wait for the other pair to return, the trio take a seat and the twins order some drinks and a small order of cheese fries to start them off for the night. Chris asks Annabelle to sit next to him, as he wants her close to him, he missed her the whole night and he finally has her by his side. He feels her hand slightly lay on his lap when he sits down, and he lets a small smile form on his lips, it's a feeling uncommon to him, new to say the least, and he has nothing against it whatsoever.

Annabelle felt happy, she was having a good time with her brother and boyfriend, it felt like old times, when it would jus the all them as friends, of course her and Chris were now more than friends.

Then it all stopped.

Annabelle felt that little buzz in her pocket, debating whether or not to pull it out. She does so and her heart drop.

'From: Olen
Annabelle...can I see you?'

She was confused, distracted, and she did not notice when Chris leaned over to see what had kept her silent for some time. He was confused. Why was Olen asking if he could see her. He didn't know what to think of it and asked her, almost scaring her off her trance, making her shut off her phone screen to pitch black. Chris asked her once again, this time a little more firm.

"Annabelle, why was Mr. Olen asking if he could see you?"

At this point the conversation was an attention grabber for Arthur, all he had heard was Olen and Annabelle, causing him curiosity. Annabelle was stunned, she didn't know what to answer. She wants to say it had to do with her babysitting, but Chris knew she was no longer babysitting for them, he knew the second it happened. How could Annabelle explain it to him? All she did was turn to Arthur and hope for an escape route, but he had no idea how to back her up. What if he said said something that was wrong and it needed bad for all of them, especially since Arthur valued his friendship with Chris, although now as much as Austin did of course. He stayed silent, quiet, not knowing what to say.

"Is it...is it true?" Chris asked a little more quiet.

Annabelle couldn't respond, she was stunned, shocked, her heart was beating twice as fast, her mind was full of scenarios and she didn't know what to properly respond with. Her mind was flooded with images of Olen, Chris, and the memories she was holding onto so dearly, she was reminding herself of the amazing time she had with Chris, the way he treated her, how much he loved her, how her heart would skip a beat at the sound of his name and how her kind would often wander to memories. She had lost him.

Annabelle looked him directly in the eyes, his stern eyes, and said, "yes."

______
Thank you guys for being great. I am so great full to have such understanding readers. I know I was gone for super long, but I promise it was because of a life decision I had to make and also I had a life-threatening disease which landed me in the hospital for 4 days anda whole month off everything, but I'm better and stronger!

Thanks so much for everything. I really do mean it, this story is an honor to write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 12.1K 53
"My love for her was forbidden but the lust I felt was never forgotten" Looking at her made my heart skip beats but I fought against it knowing that...
219K 5.4K 18
[Student/Teacher]- Book Two of the Tie Twister Series! "It's so wrong and so silly, you're my student, I shouldn't have let it nearly get this far bu...
33.4K 860 35
Katherine Kingston is a High school senior. Her life is perfect. She has everything that every girl can dream of; a straight A student, a handsome bo...
482K 13.4K 42
Elena Parker is in her second year in college, she stays with her roommate Laura at the girl's dorm. Most of her time is spent reading Stephen King'...