||Caring||

The class was silent and motionless as they took their tests. Each student was silently dreading this moment, including the ones who had studied various nights before such as Annabelle. Not only had she studied the night before, but also helped her brother with her notes. They had been study buddies for as long as they both remembered. Annabelle was stubbed on a few questions but skipped them and went back as soon as she remembered the answers. She looked up from her test and smiled at Olen who was observing her. A small smile played on his lips, a sweet smile. She returned back to her desk and so did Olen. He took a look at his watch and sighed.

"Ten minutes."

Some students panicked at this and some sighed in relief. Annabelle had been nearly done, only needed to finish her writing portion and she'd be completely finished. When she did so, only about five minutes remained on the timed test and she felt relieved. She hadn't been the first one, but she was one of the first ones to have finished. She stood and gave her test to Olen who stuck out his hand to collect it. He didn't meet her gaze and she felt a little saddened at this. Instead he just took the test from her and she scurried off to her desk. She was no longer sitting near Arthur, but was now three desks away. A few minutes later, Olen stood from his desk and looked over at his students.

"Pencils down." All the students dropped their pencils, creating a clatter. "All the tests will now be collected. You may leave the classroom."

Students stood from their desks and he walked over to Annabelle. He pointed her back down on her seat, and she sat back down obeying. Arthur, who was observing his sister, saw this and it angered him quite a bit. He felt as if Annabelle had been treated like a dog and he walked over furiously to his sister.

"Come on, Annabelle. We're leaving," he spoke, taking his sisters hand and getting her to  stand.

"Ow, you're hurting me."

"Arthur, let her go. I have to ask your sister a question, sorry to have angered you. You can listen."

Arthur looked over at his sister and let go of her. He nodded and took a seat on a chair. Olen was quite surprised that Annabelle's twin had grabbed her with such force that would hurt her. However, he had to ask her a question.

"Annabelle, I was wondering if you were free tonight?" Olen asked, causing Arthur to nearly choke on his own saliva. He noticed this and shook his head. "I was wondering if you could watch over my son? I have a pending date with my wife and my sister is out of town for the weekend."

Annabelle knew Chris had asked her on a date for tonight but couldn't deny Mr. Olen as she knew what was going on between him and his wife. She bit her lip and nodded.

"Yeah, I had something, but I won't bother canceling."

Olen shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. It felt greasy and he made a reminder to wash it when he got home. Hopefully a shower would set him at ease again. "If you have something, I'd rather you not."

"No, it was with a friend. He won't mind. I'll do it, just tell me what time and where. I'll ask Austin to take me since he doesn't have soccer practice today."

"Is your brother okay with this?" he questioned looking at Arthur.

Annabelle peeked over at Arthur and he nodded smiling. He knew how much his sister loved children and knew she was great with them as well. She'd be the perfect babysitter for Mr. Olen's son.

"Perfect. Here," Olen responded back taking a piece of paper and writing down his address, time, and phone number on it. He handed it to Annabelle and she gladly took it.

"You may leave now. I'll see you later and we'll talk about a payment."

Annabelle and Arthur both said their goodbyes and left the classroom. Now she just had to tell Chris she wouldn't be able to attend their date. Would he hate her for it?