EDITH / Twilight

By ssa_bby

The rocky romance between a wolf and a vampire. [Eclipse +] EMBRY CALL Completed Rewritten Previously known a... More

disclaimer
playlist
Pt. 1
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
epilogue
Pt.2
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Epilogue
Pt.3
*
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Epilogue

chapter five

17.2K 402 44
By ssa_bby

Chapter Five: The boy with the Beautiful Face

Edith could not move, she stayed in the exact same spot on the floor as she felt like her feet were glued, her legs shaking. The boy looked back at her with the same exact reaction. He was stunned, he was absolutely intrigued by her and he looked as though he had won the lottery. He had found his other half. Edith was his imprint and he was her soulmate; her mate.

It had been so long since she had felt like this and it was consuming. She knew then why she had been thinking about those in the past  lately and it was because her body and mind wanted them out her system so she could feel free with this boy right in front of her.

She didn't even know his name but she had the urge to protect him and comfort him. His aura was intoxicating and she wanted more.

However, he was a shapeshifter, her natural enemy which disgusted her slightly as she sighed at the thought of a werewolf mate. Was this a joke? She thought to herself.

He stood at around 6ft 4 with beautiful russet skin, he had long round muscles and an expression of joy plastered on his face. Edith noticed he had a thin face and black, raven hair and a slightly dimpled chin which she thought was adorable.

She just wanted to breathe him in and exhale him, he smelt divine, better than any werewolf and they normally came with quite a unappealing scent that was used to seek them out.

He seemed that he would have a shy and quiet personality and he was all that she hoped for, unknowingly. Jacob and Bella didn't know what was happening as they were still in conversation.

"Was my right hook too subtle for you. That was me uninviting you."

"Look, Bella I'm sorry, about you know...the kiss and your hand. I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing, but it was really just...me being an ass. I'm really sorry."

Edith started at the boy, the nameless boy in front of her as she gave him a small smile. It was difficult situation to get used to and she wasn't quite used to it. She had spent all her days hating shapeshifters, they hunted each other for years.

It felt weird, her hands went numb and her hands were shaking but she was warm. Jacob and the other boy looked still as they watched the scene unfolding, they had figured out that their fellow pack mate and friend had just imprinted on someone; a vampire who was their natural enemies, a pale face. Their faces turned into disgust and disappointment.

Bella shook Edith's shoulder gently as Jacob and the other boy started to walk deeper into the house as Alice had a vision.

Edith and the boy didn't move, they just stared at each other with delight.

"Embry, the-the name's Embry Call." He stuttered over his words. As he held out his hand, politely.

Edith quickly took his hand and felt sparks ignite all over her body, the contrast between warm and cold was enough the make Embry gasp but he didn't mind it because he was touching her; holding her.

"Edith, Edith Cullen."  She whispered but he could hear with his heightened hearing.

Embry went over her name a million times over in his head; it was perfect, she was perfect and he could see their full life flash before her eyes. Edith fell in love with his name, it was unusual and she liked it, a lot. She couldn't even process her emotions because she was so happy in this moment that her mind wasn't working correctly.

"So you're a werewolf?" Edith asked Embry out loud and she mentally slapped herself. He chuckled but softly replied with, "So you're a vampire?"

Edith smiled and walked towards the nearest table and grabbed Embry a drink, it wasn't alcohol but at least it would hydrate him.

He let out a simple thanks and Edith shook her head because it was so awkward, maybe it was awkward because of the vampire-werewolf thing.

"I apologise that I'm awkward, I just didn't expect you to be a werewolf. Not that I'm saying it's a problem. Just don't try to kill me, eh." Edith wanted to scream with joy but she controlled her emotions, a little giggle escaped her mouth as his eyes widened at her joke.

They talked what seemed like hours and people were starting to leave since it was late at night, they helped tidy up and Edith was too busy admiring Embry with a cheeky grin on her face.

They had to be brought out of their state of minds when Jacob called for Embry and Esme called for Edith.

They walked into the room, close to each other; skin touching as Embry stood beside Jacob and Edith stood right next to Embry.

Emmett looked at the pair, confused at their friendliness as Edith coughed, moving away from Embry and standing beside her family.

"This could turn into a blood bath." Carlisle stayed the obvious and Edith flinched because she would not lose her family.

"Who's behind it?" Edward asked Alice and the rest of the people in the room looked at Alice.

"I didn't see anyone I recognized. Maybe one." Alice said and Edward quickly interjected.

"I know his face. He's local, Riley Biers. He didn't start this." Edward had seen some missing posters displaying his face on them and knew his face by mesmerising it.

"Either way, the army is coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town." Jasper told and looked at Edith who didn't exactly know all the details about this since at the time, she was struggling with her own problems. Jasper had told her a day or two earlier that he would fill her in and this was the time.

"Hold up, what damn army?" Jacob exclaimed as he looked at Bella and back to the Cullen's.

"Newborns, our kind." Carlisle stated.

"They're after Bella? What the hell does this mean?" Jacob Black held a confused expressed and so did Embry and the other boy, who she learned was Quil.

"It means and ugly fight, with lives lost."

"All right. We're in." Jacob looked at his pack mates and they slowly nodded to agree with him.

Edith felt her body slow down, she had just met Embry.

"No, you'd get yourselves killed. No way." Bella stood up looking at Jacob, I suppose Jacob was one of her friends and she cared for his safety.

"I wasn't asking for permission." Jacob remarked.

"Edward?" Bella questioned.

"No, Embry can't be apart of this war." Edith called out to grab everyone's attention. At least she had her ability to protect herself, Embry was a young pup, the newborns would rip him to shreds.

"It means more protection for you." Edward said towards Bella.

"I can handle myself, Edith, that's what we do. Kill vampires." Embry looked at Edith, she cringed when he said he killed vampires; she was a vampire.

"Jacob, do you believe Sam would agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asked Jacob.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires." Jacob smirked and Edith froze, she really didn't like the idea of Embry fighting.

"Jasper?" Carlisle brought Edith out her daydream.

Jasper replied with, "It'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't even know they exist. It'll give us an edge."

"I don't agree with this." Edith frowned as she started to shake with anger. Just thinking that Embry getting hurt made her die all over again.

He sighed, he wanted to make her happy but he had to agree and stand with the pack. He had just met Edith, his imprint and they were already about to have a heated argument. They had been at peace with each other for a few hours, getting used to the idea of each other. Edith came first but this was essential for protecting Bella and even the people of Forks.

"Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into." Bella panicked to Jacob and Edith slowly held Bella's hand for comfort.

"Bella, this is what we do. You should be happy, look at us, we're working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along, remember?" Jacob smugly replied.

"Newborns will crush you all, you don't understand. I just found Embry and if you think that I am going to watch him going into a suicide mission, then you are mistaken. I can handle myself but he can't." Edith ranted, she had had experience with newborns; when she was a newborn, she was out of control, she knew how they acted. Her family soon realised what she was talking about and pieced all the small glances together- they were mates which was extremely rare- almost impossible.

"Edith, I can do this, I'm stronger than you think." Embry spoke out trying to calm Edith.

"If you think I'm going to sit by and watch another mate die, you are very much mistaken." Edith walked out of the room, slamming the door hard and tried to calm herself before she done something that she would regret. She left Embry with her family and they all realised that Embry was her last chance of happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 541 13
Twilight - completed ✔️ New moon - completed ✔️ Eclipse - ongoing Breaking dawn pt.1 - not done Breaking dawn pt.2 - not done
49.2K 1.5K 15
"You Became My Everything And Showed Me The True Meaning Of Love." Eclipse | Book 3
85.4K 1.7K 14
"Lots of lives are gonna be lost, and I don't want one to be yours." "I would rather die trying than let innocent people suffer because we didn't he...
2.7K 55 20
Leah and Embry are members of the same pack,have practically known each other their entire life.So what is this new attraction they are feeling for...