Serious in Love ✔

By crescendo_s

What happens when a crazy boy and a crazy girl get in a relationship? When they have been crazy for as long a... More

Foreword
Prologue
2- "Suck it up like we suck it up to our lives."
3- "Something's wrong with us."
4- "Breakup sex?"
5- "Our love hasn't gone- It has just lost it's way."
6- "We'll see who crushes who."
7- "Cos you're loud and whiny like a parrot."
8- "We call this air dancing, baby & its completely original."
9- "Good going, Baweja. Keep fantasizing about me."
10~ "Kinda like remixing an old song into a modern one."
11- "Let's get bored together. We'll be less bored that way."
12- "My interests are like a chameleon: changing and adapting."
13- "Take us to the Great Wall of China."
14- "I didn't empty my pockets to watch this shit."
15- "I need to cool down my crack- head."
16- "That's brutal love to its finest."
17- "The day when one of my dreams came true."
18- "I was simply messing with your lipstick."
19- "Love is like wine- Gets better with age."
20- "Beauty is always tainted."
21- "Only a bitch can bite another bitch."
Author's note
22- "Get the fuck out of my life."
23- "You're such a bad tease."
24- "I'm truly gonna miss you guys."
25- "Since when did cliches became a reality?"
26- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
27- "Even a cupid has to work 24/7."
28- "You'll always be the one who got away."
29- "We are on the road to La la land."
30- "You'll always be my stupid."
31- "Nothing of this insanity makes sense to me."
32- "No matter where you go, or whom you be with, you'll never find me."
33- "One who bears the queen will have my heart."
34~ "Let's get engaged."
35~ "Will you marry me?"
36~ "I'll treasure it for infinity, pun intended."
Epilogue (Part I)
Epilogue (Part II)
BONUS Chapter

1- "I'm home, dear husbando."

606 36 13
By crescendo_s

« VANSH »

It wasn't everyday when you see a Cricket World cup with your country competing against the finals. They were thrilling and dreading at the same time. Similarly, it wasn't everyday when you sat in front of your family and your girlfriend in the same room. A thrilling moment indeed!

After working as an intern for four months in Design Plus, the company offered a chance to work in one of their main branches. It was either Delhi or Bangalore. I couldn't miss an golden opportunity like this one, especially if it meant staying in the city where my girlfriend resided. When I delivered the news to my parents, Mom was especially reluctant about it. She didn't want me to stay away again. I shared the same feeling. It felt good to be spoiled by my mother, be annoyed by my brother and discuss various topics with my father, but if I wanted to work on a bigger and a better project, few sacrifices had to be made. It wasn't just for Ahana but for the upliftment of my career too.

By now, both of our parents knew about our relationship. It happened accidentally when Mom kept asking about the 'mysterious girl' I was dating, thanks to my considerate brother and Pops dropping subtle hints. She narrowed down the options to Lisa and Ahana. It was then I realized I couldn't hide it any longer. She was upset when she knew— not because of my choice of girl but because she wouldn't get a chance to choose a bride for me. She kept complaining about it for days to the point where I got annoyed and told that I was serious about her. My family looked at me stunned for a while until Pops gave a slow clap, bringing back the humor. Mom remained silent about the issue until one day, she hugged me and smiled, saying she supported me. Honestly, I was touched. While Ahana's parents weren't too thrilled about her relationship but as time passed, they got used to it and even talked to me on phone once.

After delivering the mind blowing news regarding my job to Ahana, we searched for the apartment together. I already figured out the location through Internet, I just needed to see those apartments in person, and select the one that was decent and cheap. Three weeks later we were here, in my living room, having lunch like it was the most normal thing in the world. One would think why I'd be reckless enough to invite Ahana to my family. Well then, you haven't met my greatest savior— Pops.

“I'm disappointed in you, Ahana,” Pops said to Ahana in a gruff voice, increasing her nervousness tenfold while I eyed the old man deviously. Before I could speak, he continued, “Why didn't you invite your family? I was looking forward to meet Dinesh.”

“Don't be such an idiot, Papaji. You can always call him yourself to invite them over. Ahana will be kind enough to give you their number. Isn't that right, my dear sister- in- law?” Siddharth piped in, kindly adding fuel to the fire. I could easily imagine an invisible bull's horn sticking over his head as he smirked at me and Ahana. Good for him that he was sitting away from my reach, otherwise I would have punctured him with my bare hands.

I noticed Ahana fumbling with her fingers under the table. “Actually they are out at Ghaziabad today to meet my Uncle. I'll surely inform them next time,” She concluding, smiling while still fumbling with her fingers. It was hard to know whether my parents bought her lie or not.

“Please do. Sanju would be thrilled to meet your mother. Right Sanju?” Pops said, bumping his shoulder with his wife. Will I behave like that when I reach my late forties?

Ma eyed him wide, “Etoh kuch bhi bakta rehta hai. Besharm kahika! (You just keep spouting anything you like. Shameless human!)” she said, hitting him lightly on his shoulder while he grinned like a mischievous child. Ma diverted her attention to Ahana. “Don't mind this idiot. Tell me, how's your job going?”

I was surprised by my mother's friendliness towards her. I was sure she would be distant as she was previously in Toronto but I was wrong. It was at one point when Ma was complaining about my lack of cleanliness abilities did Ahana seconded her statement, saying I did the same in the dorm back then. While they were only making fun of my lack of arrangement, there was something intriguing about watching two of my most special women conversing with each other. I silently thanked my stars for my irresponsible ways.

Even Ahana. She was doing well as she answered questions put up by Ma while also talking to Pops. She even dressed up modestly in a multicolored salwar suit. The rest of the afternoon went fairly well, except for a few awkward moments when either Siddharth or Pops would tease us. Like when he asked us stupid questions about our first meeting and dates. Pops even pestered Ahana to call him 'Papa' once. Ma would too, join the banter sometimes. Despite the mocking, I was grateful to have invited her over.

My family stayed the weekend and left for Chandigarh on Monday. Since I was due for work tomorrow, I spend the rest of the day, home, lying on bed and watching Netflix non- stop while waiting for Ahana to come back from work.

I moved my lazy ass from bed as soon as I heard the sound of the doorbell. I didn't even look at myself in the mirror as I rushed towards the door at the sound of the bell. My breath caught slightly as I took in the sight of Ahana in an office avatar. She had her hair pinned to a single ponytail, her lips chapped in bright red and wore a blue navy jacket outside a white shirt with black hot pants.

Before I could offer a compliment, she pulled me for a one smouldering kiss right outside the apartment. She ran her tongue across her upper lip and smiled in the most genuine way. “I'm home, dear husbando.”

“Welcome back, dear wifey,” I teased her back and closed the door behind her. She turned to me while I leaned my back against the door, staring at her dreamily.

I can seriously get used to this.

She walked over me, circling her arms around my neck and placed a chastised kiss on my lips. “Did my family cater to your entertainment enough, Ma'am?” I asked her in a gentlemanly way.

She ruffled my head playfully and smiled. “Of course! I like your family except Siddharth didn't talk to me much. I'm sure you must have put a leash on him. Do you know what he said when he saw me yesterday?” she said, moving away and stood in a rigid guy like posture to enact him. “Motherfucker! You are the same, old item from Toronto. Either he's good in bed or he listens to all your rants. Or worse, you two had a child in secret. He he he!”

“That bastard said that,” I said in disbelief. Just where did he get that boldness from? Even I wouldn't have dared to say it in case he had a girlfriend. I shook my head in dismay. “He's just a child who doesn't understand love. Let him grow. He's bound to find his item sometime.”

She chuckled, “It would be cute to see him getting whipped by a girl though. Maybe he'll find her in college, just like us.” 

“We'll see. For the time being, he's enjoying fooling around so I wouldn't be sure. Anyways, enough about him getting whipped. I'm in a mood to get whipped by you,” I said, kissing her neck and ran my hands inside her shirt.

I heard her laugh vibrate from her chest but then she slightly pushed me away. “I need to feed my stomach first. Pussy comes second.”

Her words, though not necessarily rude, stung me. Again. I ignored that rejection and smiled instead. I slumped down in my sofa and switched on the TV with my remote. “Actually I've just ordered pizza sometime ago. It will be here anytime soon.”

“Pizza,” she named, her eyes flashing at the mention of it. While pizza was our favorite food but it wasn't just that. It held a special place in our hearts, reliving us of our delicious time spent, in working part time for Dominos together. It was one memory we wouldn't mind reliving it again and again.

It was 9 am when she decided to leave. I propped my arm behind my head, watching her dress up. “Can't you stay the night? We should celebrate.”

She gathered her hair in one hand and tied a rubber band around it. “Tell me, do I look like I've come from office or do I look like I've been fucked out of my wits?” she asked to which I laughed and assured that she looked fine. She heaved a sigh. “I can't stay back. Probably I'll never be able to stay back. Thanks to your clever Pops.”

My eyes widened. “Why, what did he do this time?”

She picked up the pizza box and tray that held two glasses from the table. “He called my Papa. That's what he did.”

I got up to wear my pants and followed her to the kitchen. As if sensing my presence behind, she continued. “Your Pops told him about you shifting here. I don't know what else they talked about but Papa pretty much cleared that he has his detective eyes on me. He also invited you to come over sometime, probably just to make me feel better.”

“That crafty old man!” I muttered under my breath.

Ahana turned to cup my face, “Well it is kinda disappointing but it doesn't matter. What matters is, you're right here in front of me. I can see you any day I want to,” she said, her eyes brimming with emotion and enclosed herself in my arms. “Do you know how happy that makes me? We can be much closer than before.”

Her words warmed it's way to my heart, erasing any self doubt I had earlier. It was obvious she wanted me here. I hugged her back and kissed the top of her head. “I feel like I'm fully stuffed now. I'm happy as well.” We pulled away and shared a sappy smile.

~

Hectic— That's how my first few weeks went. More than the new job, it was the city. I didn't know whether it was just me or my state of mind but people seemed slightly different around here. More materistic, fast paced, intelligent, fashion conscious and what not. Adjusting to Toronto life was different and exciting because that was college whereas in office, you don't often met people who would be eager to talk to you. Everyone minded their own business. I felt so out of shape amongst them. In the midst of strange things and strangers; between running Metros and time, there was one constant who was still here— Ahana.

It was the relief in seeing her that made things a lot easier for me. We would meet after every three or four days, either at a common station or at my apartment. We wouldn't be able to spend much time if it was a working day though. She wasn't able to stay the night in my apartment but that was okay. Atleast we didn't had to wait one month to see each other. In the end, she was worth it. Time passed on.

~

It was a bright, sunny day. The kind that was neither too cold or too hot, considering it was September. But that meant good weather for us. We were out on a weekend, visiting India gate.

“So you think you settled in well enough? It's almost three months now,” Ahana asked, leaning down to sit on the grass. I mirrored her action.

“I guess so, yeah. Except I'm having a hard time giving my rent. Fuck, I need a roommate to share my expenses,” I complained.

“I don't mind you having a roommate as long as it's not a 'she'.”

“Heh,” I smirked, my teasing instincts kicking in. “And what if it's a married woman?”

She scowled, “Don't kid me. I've seen milf porn videos in your browser history once.”

Busted! Oi, you're not supposed to look into men's browser history. That's confidential, even for you. Good thing you told me. I'll go incognito next time.”

We spent the evening at the place with the time ticking away within a limited space. And just like that, it was time for us her to depart.

“Stay for one more hour, will you?” I insisted as we headed inside the Metro station.

She sighed, “Come on, I've been with you all day. Another hour won't make much difference. Besides, I'm sleepy,” she said, letting out a yawn.

“Then sleep in my apartment,” I suggested with a hint of desperation in my voice. But she simply smiled which suggested otherwise. I smiled back too, out of compulsion, not letting the disappointment cover my face. “Fine, when are we meeting next?”

Her brows creased a little while biting her lower lip as she started thinking, “How about Tuesday?”

“Not possible. Our company is throwing a mini gathering that evening. Wednesday?”

She shook her head, “Actually, our company is approaching the deadline. Remember, I told you about that online advertisement. Our team is going to be really busy this week and the next. It's kind of a huge project. Most likely I'll stay late hours—” She sighed, heavily, “Sorry.”

I squeezed her shoulder, “Hey, it's fine. Work gets hectic sometimes. So I guess we'll meet straight at the weekend... Or maybe tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow's too early. Mondays are such a pain in the ass, I tell you. We'll meet at Saturday or Sunday.”

“It's going to be so fucking boring,” I muttered under my breath.

“Sorry, I didn't hear you.”

“Saturday and Sunday it is,” I answered instead and she nodded. We stepped forward to an embrace that lasted for a second, bid goodbyes and love you's and thus parted ways. I headed towards my apartment and counted the days until Friday. Five days until I see her again. Five workaholic days. Shouldn't be a big deal.

~

“Man, I'm starving. Shall we head to Mc D after this. Whatcha say?” Pradeep asked his group of friends, who were sitting in the cubicle from across mine and working.

Three of his friends, two boys and one girl, gave mixed answers. Then the girl suggested to try out a new restaurant that just opened and they agreed. They quickly wrapped up their work to escape the long day of work while I sat in a corner watching them in the background.

Just sitting here everyday will do nothing, Vansh. Gotta make the first move.

“Pradeep,” I called after him while still remaining in my seat. He was in a conversation with his friend but I was able to grab his attention as he whirled his head to me. “Can I join you—”

“You comin or not bro? We can't keep holding on this lift for you forever you know,” Umang's voice called out to him outside the door.

He glanced down at me with confusion and something else I couldn't decipher until he arched his head behind him. “Hey, wait up... Uh, see you around,” he said quickly, grabbing his bag and strutted away to join his friends while I sat there dumbfounded.

Guess I shouldn't have bothered after all.

I decided to have dinner outside for a change. I deliberately ate my food slowly just so I could stay a little more longer. I returned to the apartment at eight, refreshed myself, then settled down on the sofa to watch TV. I focused my attention to a reality show for a while after which, I kept on switching channel after channel. Midway through, I fell asleep with the sound of the TV, distant in my ears and only woke up at eleven. I tried to sleep but for some reason, it didn't visit me again. Restless, I called Ahana but it kept ringing endless. Thinking that she might have fallen asleep, I stopped trying. I was staring out of the window when my phone ringed. It was as if, someone knew what I wanted. And no, it wasn't Ahana.

“Ma?” I answered, surprise evident in my voice.

“No need to so surprised, Vansh. A mother is entitled to call her child anytime. Aren't you sleeping, huh? You'll get bags under your eyes if you don't get enough sleep. Did you have your dinner? If you say pizza again then I'll come over to beat you myself,” She ranted in her usual impatient but concerned voice which made me wanna pack my bags and go home right away. I laughed out loud and answered her questions dutifully.

Ma started shooting down more questions about my well being, my job and lectured me to keep my apartment clean. Something she had been saying for years when I was away but no matter how annoying it was, I still listened. In the midst of it, she fell silent and I asked what was wrong.

Tu khush toh hai na beta? (Are you happy, son?)”

My thoughts went over the day I had— Working relentlessly for hours, watching people getting along in front of me, being turned down by a collegue, Ahana not answering my call and everything else in between. Pretty much how the days went for me. Is this what defined happiness?

With a lump in my throat, I opened my mouth, “Yes, Ma, I'm happy here. You don't have to worry about me.”

I heard a satisfying sigh from the other end and felt my own lips twitch. “But I do worry about you, son. Since Dhruv and Pragya aren't with you this time, I thought maybe you felt lonely living by yourself. But now, I'm relieved to hear that.”

“I'm not a child, Ma! I can adjust by myself,” I reasoned when in reality she couldn't have been more right about me.

After talking to Ma, I lied down in bed to the side, my eyes facing the window. I recalled the times at night with my roomies back at Toronto. It was so noisy back then.

And now, it was eerily silent.

Well, with the exception of the sound of a truck's engine passing by the road. My eyes felt heavy as the tiredness from the day's work finally caught onto me. A minute later I succumbed into darkness within a dark room.

..

Ahana couldn't make it to the weekend.

Her work tied her up so bad that she was called to work on Saturday as well. By Sunday, she was so exhausted that she didn't had the energy to step outside the house. I could have visited her house if her parents hadn't been there. I didn't want to risk meeting her parents. Atleast not alone and definitely not so soon.

It was the first time we missed out a week after I started living here. So far we had been meeting two times a week, which sometimes turned to one but nonetheless, we managed, despite living at the opposite ends of the city.
Deep down, I knew. Knew that Ahana didn't needed me as much as I did. And why would she? She almost had everyone here whereas I have no one besides her. It would have been nice if Dhruv had been working with me too. As cheesy as it sounded, I gotta admit I missed that blockhead. But that blockhead had some other plans. I hate to admit but I was starting to miss Pragya too.

Living in the apartment was okay at first— You could roam around naked, sing put loud. No one was there to invade your privacy, plus there was no one to scold you about dirtying your room. It was freedom of a different kind but with repetition, it lost its purpose. While I agree that our lives fell into a routine but that routine became ten times boring if spent alone. Ahana didn't made it any better as time progressed.

It was now that I sat in the company of my room did I began to wonder. Wonder if I was going to spend the rest of the my year like this? Did I really made the right decision to come here? Was it worth it?

Was she worth this sacrifice?

⚪ ⚪ ⚪

A u t h o r' s   N o t e

The storytelling as I said, is a bit different from Stupid in Love. Hope you're liking it so far anyway. Don't forget to vote and comment. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Till next time. Adios! 👋👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 742 27
"Not a typical High School romance because life isn't cliché." Trisha was a fifteen year old, studious girl but this didn't make her a sincere one. S...
239K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...
292K 3.3K 7
"Saying I Love you with a mouthful of lie is bad,so bad that It can cause disaster." He whispered as his eyes turned a shade darker than it already w...
17K 2.2K 36
★She was full of life. He was cold and distant. ★She was a walking chaos. He likes his life quiet and composed without a damn mistake. Chaos inter...