The Who REACT

By AndILoveJohn

Now this is a real thing... Oh man. I have so many issues with these boys! More

Nebraska
Songs I Like
Endless Summer
My Art
Fanfic: "Rock On"
...Me
"Wrestling!!" RP
Muffins!
Special React! Cube Escape: Seasons
Special React! Cube Escape: Seasons Final!

Modern Music

266 13 29
By AndILoveJohn

Hello, boys...

Pete: You look traumatised.

I am traumatized.

Pete: Why?

My lovely friend MissMaccaSunshine asked me to have you boys react to modern music.

John: Pardon me?!

Roger: What?

Pete: Modern what?

Keith: But... Nirvana is good!

Not Nirvana, Keith. MODERN music. As in from 2010 to 2016.

Keith: Oh, that stuff with the weird synthe--

Pete: *glaring at Keith*

Keith: --sisers...? Yours are cool, Pete. This stuff is just generated music.

Pete: *still glaring*

John: Keith, Pete's synth work was generated music too. 

Pete: *now glaring at John*

Roger: I like his music!

Pete: Thank you, Roger.

Now, hold on there. Pete's work with synthesizers is amazing. This music is just...not his work. Although...most of his work IS pretty synth-heavy...especially Who's Next but that album is bloody brilliant. Sorry, couldn't word that a different way.

Pete: It's not synth work.

Keith: Hell yeah, it is. It's just sounds!

Pete: It is not! It's highly technical, musical work!

Keith: It is not! It's just beeping sounds that you programmed a machine to do! There is nothing "cool" or "hip" or "mod" or "rock" about it!

Pete: Now you shut up! What do you know about music, Moon?!

Keith: A hell of a lot more than you do, Mr. I Only Play Synth!

Pete: I play more than sy--

Okay, hold on. Stop arguing. We're way off base here.

John: Agreed.

John. Shut up. Anyways, Macca wants you boys to listen to some modern music (she gave some suggestions but I'm going to do the ones I know) and then react to it. Okay? Get it? Got it? Good. Now shut up and listen.

Your first song is "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus.

Pete: *hyperventilating* What, what, what, what, what, what.

Roger: Um... Where are her clothes?

John: We're supposed to be focusing on the song.

Keith: No clothes? OKAY! *starts stripping*

John: Clothes on. Now.

Keith: *defeated* *puts his clothes back on* Fine... I was just following modern culture, John.

*back to the boys* Just so you boys know, I'm not watching the video.

John: Turn around.

No. Miley used to be my hero when she was Hannah Montana. When I heard she went nude for a video? Ugh. No more.

John: Stubborn bird. It isn't even that bad. Okay, maybe to you it is. Not to us manly men. Keith, stop stripping.

Keith: *screams and storms out singing* I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL! I NEVER HIT SO HARD IN LOVE!

Pete: *still hyperventilating*

Roger: ...Pete, calm down. It's an alright song. And Keith likes it, I guess.

That wasn't much of a reaction... That was more like a radioactive reaction. Which brings us to your next song, one I actually like, "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons.

Pete: *finally calm* Ooh... I kind of like this one... It sounds it would work with a concept album. And it has GOOD synth work!

Keith: I HEAR NEW MUSIC! The drums are neat. Even if they don't sound like mine. Is some of that drum machine? Whatever. It's still cool.

John: The intro is nice. Really mellow. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. That's cool. It just changes. Holy shit. Whoa.

Roger: The voice is gear. I like it. Kind of heavy but not really. 

Next song, one I really like, "Centuries" by Fall Out Boy.

Pete: This sounds like a rock song. I like it. 

Keith: I think it almost sounds like a Nirvana song!

John: What is with you and Nirvana? This song DOES sound like alternative rock, but not Nirvana.

Roger: Ooh, I bet I could sing this one!

You guys aren't going into huge detail about these songs...

Pete: Hold on. Let me recover from that first video... *leaves*

Roger: Fine. The vocals are shredding. It's a good song. The vocals fit it incredibly well. The backing vocals are good. 

Keith: Hmm... I'm going to stick with minor details on these songs, m'kay, Razzle Shazzle?

John: I'm not digressing further.

Pete: Okay, I'm back. The feedback there and the interplay with the piano is cool. I love the voice, especially that bit at the word "heart." I like the lyrics. They're very true. "Some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold" describes a lot of musicians from our time. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and the rest of Doors, Kurt Cobain and Nirvana--

Keith: YOU SAID KURT COBAIN AND NIRVANA!

Pete: --The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who... You remember those names and since it's been half a century for most of those bands I names, you could say you'll remember them for centuries. I don't think people will forget any time soon.

Thanks, Pete. Next song, and last, "Baby" by Justin Bieber.

Pete: NOT ANOTHER ONE! THIS ONE IS WORST THAN THE FIRST! THERE'S NOT LYRICAL VALUE! IT'S ALL THE SAME WORDS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! THIS IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO?! THIS BULLSHITTY, NONSENSICAL NONSENSE OF WORDS AND SOUNDS?! THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL MUSIC?! Oh my God, I wish I was dead...

Roger: That's a guy singing? Wha...? Okay, I know John can sing that high when he tries, and Roger Taylor and Robert Plant too, but is that kid even trying? Is that his natural voice?

Keith: Um...

John: What.

Thanks to Pete for again saying more about the song than the rest of you put together... Now, boys. I lied. We have one...last...song...

Pete: Oh, God. No more Beaver.

Roger: I think it's pronounced Bieber, Pete.

Pete: Whatever.

No, it's Adele.

Keith: A song by a computer?

Not a Dell, Adele, you dumbass. She's British, you know. 

Keith: OOH! OOH! I LOVE HER ALREADY!

Calm yourself, Moonie. You're going to listen to not one of her newest singles, but the first one by her I knew. "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele.

Pete: Whoa.

John: Are you sure she's British? This is amazing.

Keith: Are you saying British people aren't amazing?

John: I'm saying this is amazing for modern British music. She's ten times better than One Direction and they're alright.

Keith: Um. John. What.

John: What what?

Keith: You just...

Pete: YOU LISTEN TO MODERN MUSIC?! AND ENJOY IT?!

John: Guilty pleasure. 

Pete: Oh my God...

Roger: I wish I could sing like her...

Keith: You've said that about Janis Joplin too. Do you wish you were a girl?

Roger: Yes. I MEAN NO! I wish I could SING like a GIRL, not BE one!

Keith: YOU SAID YOU WISHED YOU WERE A GIRL! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Roger: Oh my God, why...

We are so off-topic...

Keith: Exactly. We're restless, Razzle Shaz. The music is pretty good, especially that Fall Out Boy song, but we wanna play our OWN music!

Pete: He's right. Adele's voice is amazing. The music was great, expect for Miles Cyprus and Justin Beaver. We have other things to attend to now. Ta-ta.

John: He just ta-ta. What the fuck.

Keith: His mind is mush right now. We need to fix him. NIRVANA MARATHON!

John: Who Marathon. Let's watch Tommy or The Kids Are Alright, okay?

Roger: I say Beatles and Stones all day.

Pete: I wanna die...

John: Let's just re-program Pete, okay?

Okay. Good bye boys. Come back on Saturday, okay? You're going to react to a movie.

Keith: Ooh! Movie!

Yeah, movie.

Keith: Awesome!

I think we've modernized Moonie...

A/N: I take requests! Thanks to MissMaccaSunshine for this request, even though it was difficult for me to do... Heheh...

Pete: And us! It was hard on us too!

Oh, shut up!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 2.8K 66
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
28.1K 2K 49
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
5.2M 45.6K 54
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...