Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

36. The reason behind his sadness

11.4K 412 84
By GraceAndGlorious

Dedicated to @AurielDalican for her support! <3 Thanks! :)

Enjoy the chapter, filled with RADE moments! ;)

And that picture on the side is made by me! You'll know why it is there! ;)

CHAPTER 36 - The reason behind his sadness

'Ho, ho, ho...

Shake up the happiness,

Wake up the happiness,

Shake up the happiness,

It's Christmas time.'

The song was played on the street. The atmosphere was amazing here. Snow, read and white decorations, delicious smell of cakes and pies.

Ah, Christmas rocks!

We were walking through the broad street when I turned around to see a sad Ryan. He had his head down, staring the road and his eyes still red. 

What happended to you Ryan?

But you know what? I am here to make you happy again! I am your new version of Santa Claus.

"Hey merry christmas!" a little girl chirped, dressed in her cute pink jacket with blond hair in her little pigtails.

I bented on my knees and ruffled her hair and said,"Merry Christmas to you too cutie. Here's a candy cane for you."

"Thanks!" she said with a huge smile and ran away to her friends. And yes, I brought a huge packet of candy cane with me. I love that candy, don't blame me for being weird!

"She's not cuter than you." Ryan stated from behind, which resulted in forming a blush on my cheeks.

I turned around to see his smirking face and said,"Come on, she was a way lot cuter than me. Of course, she's a little kid."

"And you're too." he sang.

I slapped his arm playfully,"I am not a kid."

"Slapping your elder's arm, not what we taught you, little one." he shoke his finger at me like I am his child.

"How come you're my elder?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I am a year older than you." he replied.

"One year doesn't matther much." I said.

"See, you're fighting with me about how I am older than you here, on a Christmas night. You really are a kid Strawberry." he teased.

I left out a sigh, knowing that I am so not going to win this one. So I begin walking again.

"May I ask you something?" I said while we were still walking.

"You just did." he joked.

"I knew you'll say that." 

"Shoot!" he said.

"Why are you so sad today?" I stammered. I was nervous that he'll get hurt by my words.

He stopped on this way and stared at me.

"Please don't kill me for asking that. I was just curious." I pleaded.

He left out a chuckle,"I won't. Just not in the mood."

I tried not to pressurize him to spill his beans so I just nodded.

RULE 132 : Never put pressure on a person who's already sad or angry! You'll end up getting beaten.

Dad's rules work though. But not that 'dating rule'. It sucked.

But then another question popped in my head..

"Why do you hate Aiden so much?" I asked.

His face turned red with anger,"Please don't take that bastard's name. Not atleast today." he said.

To calm the atmosphere again, I tried to change the topic!

"So, let's eat something first?" I asked cheerfully.

He nodded and we went to the Gabby's, Ryan favourite diner.

-

-

"Come on loser. Practise on your shooting skills." I laughed at Ryan while we were playing snowball fight. Yes, and I love that game. 

"Hey, I am your master. How dare you call me a 'loser'?" he joked. Damn, I totally forgot about the slave thing!

"Because you're a loser." I lughed again at his bad shooting skills but then before I could open my eyes and respond, I was thrown away on the snowy ground by a giant snowball.

I heard Ryan laughing his ass of at my current condition. He was laughing so hard that tears were coming out of his eyes and he had to hold his stomach with his hands to control himself.

"Haha, it wasn't that funny." I stated with irritation.

"Believe me Rasberry, you're face at that particular moment, just one thing for that, priceless." he said between his laughs.

I made a weird face at him, which resulted him to laugh even more.

Jerkhead!

We were roaming here and there when the sound of Jingle Bell Rock grabbed my attention. I ran to the source of the song and came in a lonely street, where the song was being being played in the tiny candy shop.

"Stop Grapes. Where are you going?" he asked.

"To dance." I chirped cheerfully.

He raised his eyebrows at me,"What?"

"Yeah, I love this song. So Christmasy." I replied with a 'woho' in the end and begin to dance.

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock

Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring

Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun

Now the jingle hop has begun!

I turned to Ryan who was standing there with his hands in his jeans pocket, smiling at me.

Ah, his beautiful smile. It'll be the death of me one day!

"Come up master. Let's dance." I spoke while dancing.

"The sight's better from here. I prefer this one." he said with a chuckle in the end.

"Your lose." I said and danced a kiddish step which caused him to chuckle even louder.

Damn, this guy look so adorable right now. Dressed in his grey hoddie, still those red eyes but stunning. No wonder why girls are crazy about him. His voice his so deep and husky that gives me chills and his body.. let's not get me to the pervert side. Yeah, I get a little pervert when it comes to his body.

I saw Ryan pulled out his phone and record me.

"Shut the camera." I shouted.

"Nope." he chuckled.

"It's not a good thing." I said.

"Yeah, like dancing on a lonely street his a good thing." Then I realized that he's right,. The street was really lonely. JUst the little shop and a creepy looking man sitting inside it. I could be in danger.

But you know what? I don't feel any danger around me because I am with Ryan right now. I don't know why but I feel safe with him. It's really weird but I do. I feel safe with the bad boy! Wow!

"Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet

That's the jingle bell,

That's the jingle bell rock!" I sang the last lines and jumped at the end.

"You're adorable Rasberry." he commented with a chuckle with made me to blush like a tomato.

"Aw, look, she's blushing!" 

"Shut up!"

"Still adorable."

"I know, I am." I said.

"You really are." he said intensely with a smile. His eyes were fixed on mine and we stood there, staring at each other.

I cleared my throat and said,"Let's go somewhere else now."

-

-

It’s the most beautiful time of the year

Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer.

"Ahh, stop it Jade."

I should be playing in the winter snow

But I'mma be under the mistletoe.

"I am warning you Rasberry."

I don’t wanna miss out on the holiday

But I can’t stop staring at your face.

"Enough with the torture,"

I laughed at Ryan's adorable irritation caused by Mister Bieber. Blair kept this song in my phone, though I hate it but as long it's making me to irriate Ryan, it's amazing.

We were sitting on a bench where I was playing this song loudly and laughing my heart out at Ryan's face. He had this disguested look on his face which was worth to laugh on. And it was hell of adorable.

"Enough." he said and pulled me by my waist and came closer. He tugged my hair behind my ear and smirked.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"Definetely not losing the bet." he said and left my waist.

Pheww!

"I know I am going to win." I sang while running to the tree near us.

I turned to Ryan who was smirking at me. Why?

"What?" I asked.

He walked to me and whispered in my ear softly,"Look where you're standing cupcake."

I looked around and found nothing special but then my eyes went to the thing hanging from the tree..

A mistletoe.

I looked at Ryan, who was standing really close to me, and stared at him. Is he going to..

He  came closer to me, his eyes fixed on my lips but then, he kissed my neck and whispered,"So not losing the bet."

Ah, I thought he'll kiss me.

And why am I so sad about it? So weird! What is happening to me?

-

-

"Snow angels." I chriped and fell on the snow to make a snow angel. Ryan did the same and we begin to make a snow angels on the snow.

"I see a better angel here." he flirted. I blushed a little and sighed.

"Ah, I so think we should get together. We'll make such a golden couple." he said with a smirk.

What??????

"And how's that?" I asked, still lying on the cold snow.

"I have such good looks and you've such a great body." he announced.

He called my body 'great'? Wow! Self centered jerk compliments others too?

"But wait I've better body than you so I don't need anyone. I, myself, can make a golden couple." he said bluntly.

And here he goes again.

"But we still will make a cute couple."

Then my eyes went to a guy dressed in big red clothes..Santa!!

He looked at us, lying on the ground together, and said,"Ho ho ho, what a cute couple! May God bless you kids."

"Even Santa says we make a cute couple. I think we should give it a try!" Ryan whispered in my ear, which made me to send a electric shock.

I looked at him and that's when I realized...

I really like this self-centered, jerkhead, flirt and still a warm hearted guy. And that too a lot!

I am falling for him!

Conscience : Falling for him, hard!

Me : Yeah, hard! Help me!

-

-

The same question was still bugging in my head.

Why is he so depressed?

What's the matter?

"Why is he so sad?" damn, I said that too loud! Didn't I?

I turned to him with a nervous smile when he left out a dry chuckle and asked,"You really want to know why I am so sad, right?" Ryan suddenly said.

I turned to him in shock and nodded.

"I don't celebrate Christmas because something happended today that has scar my life forever. I lost soemone who was my true and loyal friend." he said softly.

"On Christmas, my friend, Richie died. He was my friend since childhood. We shared our diaper days to school days together. We were inseperable but sometimes, life doesn't want you to stay happy. It takes everything away from you. Evrything you love, everything you want" he continued. His voice made me feel like he'll cry any minute.

I never even thought that he'll be sad because of this reason.

"How did he died?" I asked.

"Fell from a cliff." he replied.

"When?" 

"At the age of seven." he answered, his eyes still not on me.

At the age of seven? He lived such a short life.

"That's why I hate Christmas. I hate this terrible festival. People clebrate it as Christ's birthday but what about a seven year old boy who lost his life at the same day? I hate this day." he announced. I felt heartbreaking when he said those words. Wonder how bad he must be feeling.

"But how did he fell from there?" I asked.

"Let's get you home Jade. It's dark." he said, ignoring my question.

I nodded, not trying to make him feel more sad.

It's a day to remember the birth of a religion and a saviour. It's a day of joy and giving and not the point where you take, unless it's for the pleasure of someone's love.

To celebrate with a light heart and bells to chime in tune with your breaths. To remind you time has passed another year, spend the jolly day with love.

But for Ryan, this day will always stay as the day when his beloved friend Richie died.

*******

Awww! :((

QUESTION TIME :

1) How was the reason for Ryan beong all sad?

2) And hey, Jade finally realized that she like/love him. Happy?

The amazing quote about Christmas at the end of the chapter is written by my talented friend @Sarena_A! :)

Hope you liked it! :)

VOTE 

COMMENT

AND ENJOY! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 58 9
This is my first fanfic so I'm sorry if I got a few things wrong and the characters aren't mine, you're the love interest
1.8M 37.8K 42
Ariana Smith is that girl, the smart, cute, helpful, honest down to earth, nerdy girl that everyone pretty much ignores and well, she's okay with tha...
16.7M 645K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
53.1K 2.4K 36
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.