The Girl in the Box (Doctor W...

By D0ntEvenBlink

The Gemstone was sent to Earth when Gallifrey was falling. Her love, the Doctor, sent her to the 20th century... More

The Girl in the Box (Doctor Who)
New Earth Part Two
Kidnapped by the Daleks
Dalek Babysitters
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride Part Two
Nightmares
The Maddening Mist
The Smiths and Jones
The Smiths and Jones Part Two
The Spurious Resort
Date Night Gone Wrong
A/N New Stories!
Martha's Turn in the TARDIS
The End of the Gemstone

New Earth

16.1K 384 215
By D0ntEvenBlink

I woke up to the wheezing noise of the TARDIS materializing in my bedroom.

"Doctor, this is my bedroom, not a parking lot... Wait, how the hell did ya know where I live?" I shouted at the box, knowing the old girl would let the audio in the monitor play loud enough to hear. The Doctor stepped out of his box with Rose close behind him, I wondered how long it's been for them.

"Well, we let you have a good night's sleep. The TARDIS tracked down the bio-signature of a Time Lady, and we found you here. Oh yes, and it's been around an hour since the Yurizateri for us. Good to see you, Gem," the Doctor informed me like a encyclopedia.

In reply, I threw a pillow at his face and got up to get ready. I brushed my hair, changed into my usual attire, brushed my teeth, and ate a biscuit while the Doctor noisily fixed things around my house. He was ever so impatient. By the time I was finished getting ready he had given my dishwasher twelve new settings, super-charged my hairdryer, and put a penny in my clothes dryer to watch it go round and round for ten minutes.

"Oi, I'm all ready now," I told off the Doctor from his gaze at the coin being tossed in the machine as Rose looked around my house. She told me how she had to say goodbye to her mum, Jackie, and her boyfriend, Mickey earlier. For some reason she didn't seem at all upset by it, and she watched the Doctor in awe as he simply twiddled his thumbs.

"So, where we going?" Rose asked the Doctor with a grin plastered on her face.

"Further than we've ever gone before," the Doctor told her as he started flying the new and improved TARDIS.

The interior was mostly gold, with a few green and blue lights on the console. It had supporting poles that curled around up to the ceiling in an elegant manner. She looked a little dreary, but still beautiful.

"You've redecorated," I observed. "I don't like it," I lied, watching his lip push out in a pout. "I love it, the TARDIS always pretties up, don't she?" I admired the ship, curling my finger around one of the support beams as the Doctor started attempting to fly the thing. I held onto the beam for dear life and smiled at the Doctor, who was chuckling to himself.

The TARDIS landed with a thud, but the TARDIS made sure to cushion my fall when I came crashing down. I assumed it was for my compliments earlier.

The Doctor stepped out of the box with Rose and I following behind him, "it's the year five billion and twenty-three, we're in the galaxy M87, and this...this is New Earth," he explained as flying vessels zoomed over our heads.

A bit of a show off, if you ask me. The city loomed ahead of us, mostly composed of tall spire-like buildings made of shiny metals. It was utterly beautiful. The modern look of the planet was as much of a different face when it was compared to Earth.

"That's just. That's just," Rose stuttered and laughed to herself in amazement.

"Not bad. Not bad at all," I finished for her with a chuckle. Watching her stare at the planet was a sight for itself, she looked like a giddy child at the sweets shop.

"That's amazing. Oh, I'll never get used to this, never. Different ground beneath my feet. Different sky! What's that smell?" she asked jumping up and down in glee.

"Apple grass," the Doctor told her as he bent down to scoop some up.

"Apple grass," I repeated with a smirk and looked at him as the wind blew my red hair everywhere, so I had to close my mouth to prevent any strands from getting caught.

"Yeah, yeah," the Doctor laughed as he sniffed the grass and released it from his hand.

"It's beautiful. Oh I love this. Can I just say? Travelling with you, I love it," Rose beamed as she looked at the human race continuing on, still thriving. Then she looked at the Doctor as he returned her smile and agreed with her fully. She loves him, I realized. Poor girl, she's in for a hell of a lot if trouble.

"Come on!" the Doctor shouted as he grabbed both of our hands and dragged us to who-knows-where. Rose screamed out in joy, while I groaned and ran faster than the both of them.

~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~

"Time Lady. She's pure-blood Time Lady," a pale man with swirling designs over his skin said as he watched the Gemstone, the Doctor, and Rose run around New Earth. "You could live forever in that body," he admired the red headed girl.

"Closer. Closer!" he begged the ball depicting the Time Lady. They laid in the apple grass on the Time Lord's trench coat, with the Time Lady on one side of the Time Lord and the human on the other. The Lady of Time was ranting about New Earth to the human as the Lord of Time stepped in a few times.

~~~~~

"So, the year five billion the sun expands. The Earth gets roasted," I started explaining to Rose quickly so she would have to pay attention. It was bothering me how frequently she had her eyes on the Doctor, but not jealousy, of course.

"That was our first date," she interrupted, swooning at the Doctor.

"We had chips," he remembered, further annoying me. You don't want a Scottish girl angry, even though I was from Gallifrey, the Scottish heritage seemed to root itself into this regeneration. Considering each regeneration came from different parts of the Gallifrey, which greatly reflected the Earth. For example, our Fürtiche has basically the same culture as Scotland, but with a little twist of time and space added to it.

"I have some news for Mickey when we get back," I muttered to myself sarcastically. The girl didn't need to feel threatened, I wasn't planning on falling in love the Doctor again, she didn't have to poke and prod at me all day. She was practically throwing herself at him.

"What was that, Gem?" The Doctor asked me innocently. I simply gazed at him for a few seconds with one eyebrow raised before continuing, daring him to speak again.

"So, anyway, planet gone, all rocks and dust, but the human race lives on, spread out across the stars. Soon as the Earth burns up, oh, they get all nostalgic, big revival movement. They find this place, same size as the Earth, same air, same orbit, lovely. Call goes out, the humans move in," I sped up and accented my lecture with hand gestures, and brought out my Scottish tongue a bit more so they would listen.

"What's the city called?" Rose asked the Doctor, making sure to avoid eye contact with me so I wouldn't answer the question.

"New New York," the Doctor answered gleefully.

"Oh, come on," Rose reasoned, not believing in the human race's profound love of York and the New Yorks.

"It is!" the Doctor pleaded with her. "It's the city of New New York. Strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York since the original. So that makes it New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York," the Doctor explained quickly and I giggled. "What?" he asked me.

"You're so different, this regeneration," I told him quietly, trying not to remember what one of his last selves did to me. Leaving me alone, thinking he was killed with the rest of our people.

"New New Doctor," he concluded with a silly smirk, avoiding confrontation with my disapproving eyes.

~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~

"Impossible, I recognize the human child. Her face, show me her face!" a woman demanded of her pale slave.

"Closer, closer! Face. Face. Face!" the man begged of his spidery camera. It edged closer to the trio, trying to identify to human girl's face.

"Can we go and visit New New York, so good they named it twice?" the human girl joked, earning a laugh from the man and a envious glare from the red-haired woman.

~~~~~

"Well, I thought we might go there first," the Doctor told her, gesturing towards sleek building with a green moon on it's exterior.

"Why? What is it?" Rose questioned him again. That's gotten annoying quickly, the girl has so many questions. She ought to learn to just listen carefully and follow along like a good little human.

"Some sort of hospital. Green moon on the side, that's the universal symbol for hospitals," I explained to her before the Doctor had the chance to flirt.

"I got this," the Doctor said as he reached into his trench coat for his psychic paper. "Message on the psychic paper, someone wants to see me," he interpreted as the paper read 'Ward 26, please come'. Damn, getting a message on the psychic paper wasn't easy, humans have not, and never will, be able to master the psychic paper. The humans are too thick, very few can avoid being tricked by it. Though Albert Einstein and Shakespeare, old drinking buddies of mine, seem to have the wits to just see a blank piece of paper.

"Hmm, and I thought we were just sightseeing," I joked, it's never just sightseeing with the Doctor. "Come on then, let's go and buy some grapes," I laughed and hooked my arm in the Doctor's and dragged him away from Rose and towards the hospital. Maybe I was a tad bit jealous, just a tad.

~~~~~

The spidery camera showed the face of the human girl, and a flap of skin with a face gasped.

"Rose Tyler! I knew it, that dirty-blonde assassin," the skin stretched onto a metal frame reminisced. "The Time Lord must be the Doctor, but never mind him, I need the Time Lady's body. I could be immortal walking around in that."

"She's coming here, mistress!" the servant exclaimed.

"But this is beyond coincidence. This is destiny. At last, I can be revenged on that little--"

~~~~~

"Bit rich, coming from you," Rose told the Doctor as we all walked threw the front doors of the hospital. She was clinging to the Doctor, and it was embarrassingly obvious. The girl should be knackered from trying so hard.

"I can't help it. I don't like hospitals, they give me the creeps," he argued with her.

"He hasn't liked hospitals since he was a kid, that's when we went on a class field trip to one. He heard a man regenerating three floors above us and he's been spooked ever since," I teased him, making him hand his head in shame. That day he fainted and was out for twenty-seven minutes, I had to make him smell his own socks to wake him up.

"The pleasure gardens will now take visitors carrying green or blue identification cards for the next fifteen minutes. Visitors are reminded that cuttings from the gardens are not permitted," a voice on an intercom boomed across the hospital.

"Very smart. Not exactly N.H.S." Rose observed as she darted her head in different directions to take it all in. The hospital was prestine and modern, state-of-the-art for the year five billion and twenty-three.

"No shop. I like the little shop," the Doctor complained as he noticed the lack of 'little shops'.

"I thought this far in the future, they'd have cured everything," Rose suspiciously said.

"The human race moves on, but so do the viruses. It's an ongoing war," I told her as she stared at the nurses. The were dressed in all white with oddly shaped hats on their head, which was that of a cat's. Almost like a mountain lion, but molded into the structure of a human face.

"Hope, harmony, and health," the intercom echoes in a lovely tone.

"They're cats!" Rose blurted out as the nurse walked pass her.

"Now, don't stare. Think of what you look like to them, all pink and yellow," the Doctor reasoned with Rose, she glared back at him like he was mad. Though I think we all knew that he was proud of it.

"That's where I'd put the shop, right there," I pointed to a perfect spot for the Doctor's dream shop. He looked at me and smiled warmly, then turned towards the lift with Rose following him like a lost puppy. I didn't feel the need to make a line of ducklings, so I paused a moment before taking my time to catch up.

"Ward 26, thanks," the Doctor commanded the lift, oblivious that I wasn't on it. I sprinted towards the lift's doors as they closed with the Doctor and Rose leaving me behind.

"Oh, too late, I'm going up," the Doctor apologized with a muffled voice through the doors. There was another lift to the right, so I jumped in and did the same as the Doctor, demanding the lift to take me to ward 26. I heard the Doctor shouting above me about the disinfectant and laughed to myself, if Rose had any funny ideas for the lift ride, she would be rudely interrupted by the disinfectant.

"Commence stage one: disinfectant," the intercom voice told me and I heard Rose's screams and shouts from above me.

Water mixed with a few cleansing chemicals showered over me from the ceiling of the lift after I took my leather jacket and hung it on a designated hook so it wouldn't get ruined. I pulled my wet hair from my eyes as white powder fluffed itself into the elevator. Then the air dryers started up and I made sure all of my clothes got dry before grabbing my jacket and putting it back on.

I came out of the lift disinfected, and imagined Rose fussing about her hair. But I noticed that I wasn't in the right area, the Doctor was nowhere to be seen and the placed looked like a rather dilapidated basement. Wires were strewn across the floor and hung from the rafters on the ceiling, obviously not ward 26.

"Oh, not again. Why does every lift like to take me to my death!" I yelled as a pale servant told me that I was clean. Course I'm clean, I just got disinfected.

"This way, Time Lady," the man with dark designs over his skin said, leading me through more corridors.

"That never ends well," I murmured as I followed the man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.3K 24
#6 in #tenthdoctor She escaped the Time War. She stole a TARDIS and ran. She left everything behind. Her family, her friends, and her soulmate. She...
25.5K 804 17
I don't own Doctor Who, BBC does. Alice White is a normal human girl. On one cold day aliens attack her planet, again. But this time is different, s...
340 4 18
The Second Doctor is on the cusp of regeneration. Now the Time Lords had gotten to him, the Doctor was placed inside the TARDIS and sent to begin the...
2.5K 87 16
The Doctor, in his 10th incarnation, meets another traveller again. He and Kate seem to complete each other perfectly. But he doesn't know how perfec...