Bane

By sweetchoclate9

How far can an Alpha go far his mate? Anna is an innocent, beautiful seventeen year werewolf waiting for he... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
EPILOGUE
The Steamy Chapter-1
Author's Note (A/N)

Chapter 19

66.3K 1.8K 75
By sweetchoclate9

Chapter 19

-Alika Is Alive

Anna's POV

My teeth clip on my nails as I bite them in anticipation while waiting for my mate. It's been a few hours now since then. I can't sleep. I changed my clothes and wore a grey tank top and white shorts. There were two guards standing outside the door, not letting me step my foot out. I huffed and sat on the bed again.

Beta dropped me to my room and left a long time ago, leaving the both guards as security. There is no way for me to go outside and Beta warned me that there were strict orders from Bane to not let me out. My mother and brother sat with me for a few hours before I send them to their rooms. I don't want them worrying much about me.

My mind went back to what happened today night. The pack meeting, the party, the celebration and the attack. My heart still beats fast as I recall that I am almost dead today. The wheels in my mind are still turning on the thing about Bane and James being friends.

How did they become enemies if they were friends?

Bane almost killed James while attacking him. I want to go to Bane and ask him all my doubts. My curiosity keeps increasing and is eating me every second.

Why didn't Bane come back yet? Is everything okay? What happened after I left? What did Bane do to James?

I need to stop thinking that much. Maybe I should go outside and the guards how much time it might take for him to comeback. I stand up and walk to the door before opening. Just as I put my step out of the room, I hear a loud bang. The guards turn to look at me.

"Luna. Please go inside", one of the guards said.

BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!! The sounds keeps coming from downstairs. My curiosity spiked up.

"Luna. We will go down and see what it is. You please go inside. It's not safe for you to get out of the room and there were strict orders from the Alpha to allow you out of the room".

"No. I want to know what it is!". I start walking down as the guards tried to stop me. Just as I was about ot climb down the stairs, Beta is running up stairs. I look at him confused.

"Luna. You need to come to the Alpha's office. He is in there-". He didn't need to say anything as I start running towards the office. "Luna, be careful", I hear him shout behind. As I keeo nearing his office, the bangs got louder and louder. So, the sounds are coming from his office.

My heart beat picked up and I and my wolf is telling me to go inside. I feel frustrated, angry, guilty. But I can tell that all of these are not mine, but his feelings. Why is he feeling guilty though? Did he kill James? No! He may not have? I am just over imagining. I come and stand in front of the door hesitating to open it. The door is slightly open.

I try to peek in and see what is happening. Maybe I can get a clue. All I see is broken glass and table. I don't see Bane anywhere. I am sure he is in there, I can smell his mint and freshly wet mud scent. I can feel his presence. I can hear his heart beat and him breathing roughly.

BANG!!!

I jumped at the sudden sound as I saw something hit the wall causing the sound and fell down in pieces. I thought for a minute whether it is safe for me to go in there.

He is my mate. He needs me.

"AHHHH!!!". His loud shout sent chills down my spine. I didn;t hesitate to open the door. I know he will never hurt me. I am just scared in which condition I will find him in.

I open the door and my gaze sweep around the floor of the room. There are broken glass pieces and wood. His table is half broken and all the things that were once on his desk are now laying on the floor in pieces. I lift my gaze and find him standing in the left side of his room. My eyes widened as I see he is naked. I didn't look at him down below his waist.

His chest heaved up and down as he take deep breathes. His hands fell either as his stare is on the ground. His face is marred with anger and frustration. I can feel it all. He lifts his gaze up at me and meets my eyes. His eyes are blood shot red and his warm light green orbs are now totally dark black as mid night.

My heart clenched at his sight. For the first time, I am seeing pain and guilt in his eyes. The sadness was hiding between these two. Oh my! What happened to my mate? My wolf whimpered along with me. I want to reach and comfort him. I can't bear to see him like this. I feel anger surface in me as I thought about who caused this to him.

"Leave". his voice came out rough. I didn't make any attempt to move. How can I leave him when he is like this? "Leave!", he shouted loudly. His voice did frighten me, but I tried not to show it out. I take a step towards him which caused him to turn around facing his back to me. I walk towards him slowly and lift my arm to put it on his back.

There is a claw mark on his back. It was not there before. Was it caused by James? I will kill him! I can't help but feel protective for him. Something inside me doesn't sit well that he is hurt by someone. I can see that the injury is already being healed as he is a werewolf. My finger tips smoothly touch the warm skin of his shoulder. He stilled.

"I told you to leave Anna". Warning rang in his voice. My heart is still beating loudly. But I don't want to leave him alone. My palm is gently pressed against his skin.

"I am not leaving". My voice sounded soft yet determined.

"Anna-". I cut him off by hugging him from behind. My face pressed agianst his back. My hands wrapped around his waist. My cheeks felt warm as they touch his skin. I took in his scent which calms me down.

"I am not leaving you Bane. Not now. Not ever". I make sure that my promise reaches him.

"No Anna. You should. I am a monster. I am nothing but a monster! I will end up hurting you like I did with all the others! You should leave me!". He sounds so frustrated with himself. He pulled away and turn to face me. I meet his eyes as they look down at me. I gasp in shock as I see his eyes wet.

"Bane". I raise my hand and try to reach him, but he turn his face way from me. His jaw is clenched and my own eyes shed tears.

"I am a monster. I am a monster!!!", he chanted before lifting the wodden desk which is the only thing not shattered till now in his room and threw at the wall. I watch it fall it as it created a loud bang sound. close my eyes for a second at the sound before opening it. I see Bane sitting down of the floor. My heart drop at the sight. I can't see him like this.

Something very bad must have happened. He wouldn't fall down like this. Not him. He suddenly seems broken. I can't bear this. What is it? What happened?

"I am a monster", he chants again causing my heart to flip another beat. I quickly reach him and kneel in front of him. My hands reach his face as they cup his face.

"Bane, no. You are not a monster. Stop saying that. Stop it". My voice came out like an order. I don't want him to think himself like that. his gaze shot up as he look up at me seriously. His eyes contains anger.

"What do you know about me? Huh? Aren't you the one you called me that when we first met? Don't forget that Anna". I gasped at his words.

"Bane, that was before I knew you-".

"There is not much difference between then and now. I am still the same. I am a monster! You should leave me!".

"I am not going to! You maybe a monster, but you are my monster! I am not going to leave you". I can't take this. I don't him to think that I will leave him if he orders me. That's not how mates work.

"Anna". His voice sounds so deep with helplessness. Like he is asking me to help him. My vision clouds with tears. My heart aches for him. I look down at him.

His eyes are asking for help as there is pools of emptiness behind them. He looks like a child who needs help. Like a person who lost everything. Like.... like he is the reason himself for that. My chest contracts in pain for him. He suddenly tugs my hand suddenly as he sits Indian style and pulls me into his lap.

"Mate", he whispered. I can hear that the voice is coming from both him and his wolf. I gap as I fall in his lap. He puts his face in my neck as he whispers those words. My hands wrap themselves around his neck as my fingers run through his thick black hair. His lips are touching my skin near my near. Grazing smoothly as he breathes.

"Bane". My whisper came out merely, but loud enough for him to hear. It's not a whisper of pleasure, but the one that is of tender care and telling him that I am here for him for anything to face it along his side. His hold gets tighter as he holds me much closer and I don't object.

I want to know what happened to the strong man. I want to know what happened after I came back. If this is what going to happen when he sends me back, then I am not going to leave him alone. I don't like seeing him like this. This maybe the first time he is showing some kind of emotion, but I don't want this. I want to see him smile.

I rock him slowly as I still sit in his lap. I can feel him close his eyes after a while. I cradle his face in my neck like a kid. His nakedness doesn't bother me now. My eyes widen in surprise as I feel wetness on my neck. Tears. His tears! I still for a second before continuing rocking him. I want him to understand that he can let him emotions out near me.

I want him to feel free. It may be anything. Tears or laugh, he can show it out freely to me. My own tear came out as I see my mate break down like this. In one night, everything changed. My strong mate is now crying in my arms. This is all because of James. I am going to kill him if I see him. My wolf agreed in response.

Not once did a muffle sound or whimper came from his mouth as I held him close. There were only two or three tears, though. He didn't let anymore tears fall. I circle his hair around my forefinger and rub circles on his head, trying to calm him through my touch. My lips pressed the crown of his head.

After a while he pulls away slowly and I look down at him as he looks up at me. There is no trace of tears on his cheeks, but his eyes are still glistening lightly. He groaned in frustration as he ran his hand through his hair and let his right hand down on his face as his thumb and forefinger ran through his eyes from nose to the end as he rubs away his tears.

He opens his eyes and looks at me. He looks at me with wonder, like am I really still sitting here. He closes his eyes for few seconds before opening them. I gave him a weak smile, assuring him that I am still here. He looks down for a few minutes.

"I am sure you have many questions". His voice came out rough and low. I smile at him.

"Which you don't have to answer now". He just looks surprised for a second. and then it passes away. No emotion ever stays more than a millisecond in his eyes.

"Thank you for being here-".

"Don't. I am your mate and I am concerned for you. Don't thank me for things like these".

I press my lips against his forehead, letting him know that I love him. I may not have told him still, but I do. I know deep down. I kiss his nose, making sure my lips grazed wherever they travel. I want to change his mood. I am ready to try anything that will work. My lips went down and presses against his. I nibble on his lower lip before he responds.

His hand came behind my head pushing me down gently into the kiss. I opened my mouth as his tongue grazes my lower lip. He plunged his tongue in and roams it around my mouth. I kiss him back. His other hand wraps around my waist holding me in place as he kisses me more deeply. Our kiss was so ferocious. I want him to forget all the misery.

We fought for dominance in the middle. He won staking his claim on my mouth. It was so intense and deep. I lost myself in it. His grip tightens that it starts to hurt me. I try not ot whimper, but as soon as one left my mouth, he pulls away. We are both panting. Breathing hard for air. I throw my head back for a minute and then look down at him.

He is calming himself while breathing.

"You should leave. I might end up hurting you". His is still looking down as he said those words. I cup his face in my hands and put my forehead against his. What happened that he is sure he will end up hurting me?

"I am not leaving you". My voice came out more determined and confident as I repeat what I said just a few minutes ago. I kiss his nose tenderly and his breath fans my face as we just stay like this for a few minutes. A comfortable silence cocoons us. Our heart beat becomes steady as we hear each others to calm ourselves. His hands are around my waist.

"Alika is alive". He finally speaks cutting the silence. I look up at him as I pull away with my hands still around his neck. Alika? Who is she?

"Who?". My voice came out like a whisper.

"My sister". He sounds so low and guilty. But those words causes me utter shock as I stare at him with wide eyes and slightly parted mouth. His gaze is down as guilt shown in his eyes. He looks like he lost something very precious.

His sister is alive?!

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

CLIFFHANGER!!!

So sorry for the late update. I know this time it's been really long and I am really sorry for that. But here is the new update.

I hope you guys like it. Don't feel the closeness between them. Aww.... They are bonding. Sorry if it's boring. But they are so nice together. Understanding and being there for each other at times like this. Please comment on what you think. They really help.

Aslo who is his sister? How is she alive? Where is she? How did he come to know about her? To get answers for tall these questions, you should read next chapter.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 2.2K 23
😣BEING EDITED😣 In today's society, werewolves don't have Mates, they're a myth; slaughtered almost a hundred years ago by a werewolf who lost his M...
756K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
22.6K 659 26
***COMPLETED*** At 32 years old Alpha Alex is starting to lose hope of ever finding his mate. But just as he starts to believe the moon goddess has...
389K 12.4K 35
Meet innocent Grace, a 19 year old genius who is now a doctor with the help of Mason, her mate. She is human and he is not, but she does not know it...