Meum Miraculum

By palepinkferriswheel

He was powerful. He was terrifying. Said to be cruel and unjust. Terrifyingly possessive. He had the world, b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's Note
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 32

573K 15.2K 7.2K
By palepinkferriswheel

I fiddled with the hem of my soft grey sweater trying to make it rest properly, sighing at myself in the mirror. I hadn't realized there were holes on the shoulders while purchasing it, but there was nothing I could do now. I'd never been ashamed of my lack of dating history, dating hadn't appealed to me, not given the choice of potential partners, but now I cursed myself for it. Perhaps if I had dated I'd know what to do today. Alaricus had spoken to me after I'd escorted the heavily pregnant Victoria back to her room safely. She'd spent the night with me as Frank was being punished for laughing at her eating habits.

The poor man had sulked around all day throwing puppy like forlorn glances at his beautiful fuming wife every time he ran into us. Poor Frank had only chuckled at her as she'd dipped pickles into peanut butter, asking how she could even eat such a thing and so much of it. Victoria as sweet as she was, had a very short fuse, and her pregnancy hormonal imbalance was not helping her quick temper. Only after begging had Frank convinced his wife to come back to their room, grovelling levels that I didn't think possible were involved. As I'd made my way back to my room Alaricus had intercepted. I was so tired after chatting with Victoria all last night I'd quite near walked right into him, and sadly if I had, I also probably would have walked over him.

A small smile had been on his face as he'd gazed down at me, his face the very picture of ease, but his eyes, his honey eyes spoke volumes. He was nervous, extremely excited and yet nervous, and it had the nerves building up in me too, why would a man like Alaricus be nervous? I'd grabbed his hand in mine wrapping my other atop of it, looking up at him waiting for him to speak.

"W-would you like to join me for-" a small croak left his chest and he faltered, his eyes widening as he covers his mouth frightened by his own noise. My brows furrow as I stare at him, before without my own consent I burst into giggles. I try to slap my hand over my mouth and for a moment I'm glad nobody was in that hallway, we looked insane, me with my hand over my face trying to suppress my giggles and the almighty werewolf with his eyes wide and gigantic hand on his own face staring at his much smaller mate, horrified.
"I've never made a sound like that before." Alaricus says and it only makes my giggles louder, his wide eyes crinkle sweetly as his own deep husky chuckle resonates throughout the hall.

"Would you like to go o-out with me t-tonight?" Alaricus asks and I smile at him nodding my head, my heart filling with warmth. My dad had always told me if a man is very smooth around you then he doesn't truly value you, if he did you would make him nervous he wouldn't deem himself worthy of you. If the guy stutters and is a bit of a mess, then he was definitely a keeper.

"I'll pick you up at 7 my love, feel free to dress casually." He'd said leaning down to press a kiss to my forehead before walking away.

I raked my fingers through my thick chocolate brown hair, trying to fix it as best as I could with my fingers. I had all necessities to do my hair besides the one probably most necessary, the skill to do so. At best I could straighten my hair, but I'd never liked straight hair on me, I'd thought it to be much too vanilla, always envying Marina for how great it looked on her, but she was absolutely stunning.

I didn't particularly know what casual was to Alaricus but I'd gone with a knitted sweater and jeans, but perhaps he'd meant a gown with no jewels. I would find out soon enough there was only 30 seconds to 7, and according to my parents if you were important to a man he'd show up on time, he'd never keep you waiting. Mind games were for fools and boys, a man in love treasures his partner and the time they could spend with them, not wanting to waste even a minute.

A knock sounded at 7 exactly, my heart beat increasing with each light rapt of his knuckles. I swallowed nervously grabbing my bag off the couch pulling on my black long coat, it reached just below mid thigh, and even unbuttoned was wonderfully warm. I made my way to open the door. Upon opening it I was met with the sight of Alaricus in a black sweater and black jeans, a black coat unbuttoned like mine lay atop broad shoulders, fitting his large form loosely.

An adoring smile on his face making the sweet dimple pop out. His honey gold eyes raking over me, taking in every detail.
"You look beautiful my love." He whispered quietly and I smiled up at him nervously stepping out of the room.
"Are you ready to go?" He asked, and I nodded.

His large hand rested softly on the small of my back as he led me out.
"I have a little surprise for you, as much as I'd like to stay in with you, I'm sure you'd like a chance to get out of the palace." He says leaning down to whisper it into my ear as we walk across the large door of the palace. The cool breeze blew against my skin ever so gently, whipping through my hair making a smile come to my face. I loved the cold, winter was my favourite season, fall not far behind the blowing colourful leaves. The pumpkins near every doorstep, but there was something about snow, it was pure, held an ethereal beauty beyond comparison. The sweet crisp cold air of these seasons always put me in a good mood. I could feel my cheeks redden due to the cold and I sniffled softly.

"Sire Knight, where will I be taking you tonight?" A man said bowing before him making my brows raise.
"Nowhere. Thank you, but I'll be driving my mate and I myself." Alaricus said sternly out stretching his hand before the man who quickly dropped keys into it.

"Goodnight." He bid us and Alaricus nodded in acknowledgment as I tried to smile at the man to ease his discomfort, he seemed positively frightened. We walked towards the gigantic black SUV, his large hand grabbing a hold of mine softly, the warmth ever present.

Alaricus held open my door for me and I smiled at him in appreciation, he ensured I was tucked in safely before walking gracefully to his own side sliding in.
"Ready?" He asked with a boyish grin, his perfect white teeth sparkling and I was tired to the point of being delirious, his breathtaking beauty wasn't helping my exhausted brain. I'd tried to take a nap, but my body refused to meet its own needs and getting no sleep last night meant I was nearly a zombie on a date.
"Yeah." I nodded, slightly dazed.

"Where are we going?" I asked turning to look at him as he backed us out of the large parkway.
"Nope, you aren't getting that one out of me." He said making me frown, we were taking the word surprise literally, fantastic. Well at least I liked surprises.

I closed my eyes resting my head back on the comfortable head rest, exhaling deeply. The soft sounds of the traffic filled my ears, Alaricus' intoxicating scent filling my senses, I wasn't sure when I had associated that scent with safety but at some point I had. Now that sense of safety had my head lolling to the side as I lost my fight to exhaustion, surrendering pitifully.

I wasn't completely sure how long it'd been since I quite basically knocked out, but an arm was wrapped around my waist firmly, tugging me gently, my head leant against a warm hard surface. My eyes opened blearily as I was plopped onto something firm, cocooned in warmth. My eyes lazily scanned my surroundings, until my brain caught up with my vision. Two large black leather seats were before me, the keys still in ignition, the windshield wipers occasionally wiping the windshield as light rain drizzled across it. I tried to sit up but two large arms wrapped around me firmly, pulling me back into my previous position.

Alaricus shushed me soothingly, and I craned my neck to see him looking down at me. His large muscled arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, as he lay back on the huge black seat. My body draped across his large form, his longs legs intertwined with mine, my head resting on his chest.
"Sleep my love, you're exhausted, we both could use a nap. We will get to dinner right after." He said softly into my ear pressing a kiss to the side of my throat where he'd gently pushed my hair away, his large rough fingers leaving a scorching trail behind.

I stretched slightly in his hold, turning around so that I could see him face clearly, I wrapped my arms around his strong waist, snuggling my face into his large broad chest, rubbing my cold nose against the warm skin exposed above the collar of his sweater. A shiver raked through him and he clenched his hands at my sides, before wrapping them around my hips holding me firmly onto him.
"Sleep my love." He whispered and I smiled softly, resting still closing my eyes again.

I wasn't particularly sure what I'd dreamed about, and perhaps it was the reason behind me waking up content, unlike my usual bewildered grumpy state. Alaricus slept peacefully beneath me, my very own firm but heated pillow with velvety soft skin. His dark lashes lay gently against the tops of his cheeks, his red plump lips parted ever so slightly his arms tight around me even in his slumber. He was a sight to behold. I lay my head back into his chest, his heart beating steadily in his chest.

"Since when have you been awake?" He asked softly, his voice huskier after his nap. I looked up at him and he pulled me up so that we were face to face.
"Not long only a few minutes." I answer.
"Ready for dinner?" I ask, and he shakes his head wrapping his arms tighter around me.
"I happen to be quite content here but if you're hungry we could always order in." He says softly resting his cheek on my head.
"In the car?" I ask slowly, I'd been in his position before to bewildered to realize where I was upon waking up, I understood perfectly. He nodded and my eyes widened, he knew we were in the car he was just a tad bit loony.
"We aren't ordering into a car, and in no way am I allowing some poor mans who only wishes to do his job to stumble upon us, when we, we are uh in a compromising position such as this." I finish off awkwardly trying to sound stern.

"Baby this isn't even close to compromising, but we could certainly make it so." He says huskily his arms trailing over my sides softly and I squeak embarrassingly, fumbling to get off his chest. A chuckle escapes him before he flips us over, his arm encasing me underneath him.
"I was merely letting you know this wasn't compromising my love, no need to take drastic measures." He says pressing a kiss to my cheek softly.
"I'm uh I'm a little hungry." I say swallowing nervously.
"As am I." He says his voice deeper then usual, his honey eyes glinting with gold making me think he was speaking of a different kind of hungry then I was.

"Then we should do something about that shouldn't we?." I say trying to lighten the mood.
"I thought you'd never ask." He says leaning down towards me.
"I meant the food." I squeak out, as his lips attach to the skin of my jaw, he trails leisure kisses over it trailing down to the base of my throat, his tongue flicking over the indentation softly.
"As you wish." He mumbles against my skin inhaling deeply before wrapping his arms around me to right us so that we sat together upright on the seats. He opens the door, sliding out holding his hand out for me. I grab onto it making my way out.

We stand before a tiny but adorable restaurant, light nearly freezing rain drizzling down upon us. Alaricus grabs onto my hand running through the rain and I laugh following along with him.

He holds the door open for me and I duck in feeling him right behind me.
"Sire you finally made it." A man says suddenly and I nearly jump out of my skin whirling around to look at the chubby man that stands before us, a chefs hat on his head a towel draped over his arm.
"Come sit, I've cleared out the entire restaurant for you." He says his accent slight and nearly indecipherable.

"And she is the one?" He asks, and Alaricus nods proudly wrapping his arm around my waist.
"She is, she's my mate." Alaricus says beaming down at me.
"Bella it is so nice to meet you." The man says warmly offering a hand to me and I shake it firmly with a smile of my own.
"It's very nice to meet you too." I say.
"I hope you like it here, I cook mainly Italian but I'm old enough to know my way around the others too, feel free to order off the menu." He says to us both, walking off and Alaricus pulls out a chair for me, helping me out of my jacket and tucking me in once I've sat down. I smile at him in appreciation as he takes his own seat across from me on the little table.

The restaurant is absolutely adorable but empty, it still holds a warmth, a cozy feeling that makes me wish to come here again and again.

I skim over the menu, reading the short descriptions to understand some of the authentic Italian dishes. Although true to his word many other cultures seem to linger on the pages as well.
"Have you decided?" I ask Alaricus and he shakes his head.
"Have you?" He asks.
"No it all looks great I can't decide." I say.
"Could I make a suggestion?" He asks and I nod.
"The first time I'd stumbled upon here, I'd gotten their chefs special pizza and the spaghetti. It was one of the best meals I'd ever had, if you'd like we could get those and share." Alaricus says.
"That's perfect." I say.

"Could I start you all off with some drinks?" The man says reappearing much too silently at our table for his size.
"I'd like a soda please." Alaricus says.
"And for you lovely lady?" He asks his accent coming on thicker with his ls.
"The same for me please." I say and he nods bowing.

Our drinks are in front of us in moments and he's taking our order promising me I'd love it.

"Do you like it here, it's not very fancy but I'd guessed you'd like it, you do tend to like the simpler things but if you don't we can still go elsewhere." Alaricus says.
"No I love it here, I'm not a huge fan of fancy places." I say and Alaricus nods grabbing my hand softly over the table.
"I'm glad you do." He says.

The food arrives just a few minutes later the pizza sat on a large metal tray, and a gigantic plate of spaghetti sat right between us.
"Enjoy, if you need anything just let me know." He says waking off to the back.

"Dig in love." Alaricus says and I carefully lift out a slice of pizza. I bite down into it, my eyes closing as the melted cheese hits my taste buds, along with the very subtly tangy tomatoe sauce. It had a dark pepperoni on it, along with green peppers.
"It's beef pepperoni." Alaricus clarifies.
"It's delicious."I say finishing my slice quickly before reaching for another
Alaricus twirls some spaghetti around a fork before holding it up to my lips urging me with his eyes to take it.
I wrap my lips around the fork taking the offered spagetti, and it was just as good. It was filled with cheese and the tangy slightly spicy tomato sauce was absolutely delicious. It seemed every item here was mouthwatering, even the soda seemed better then usual.

"Are you done love, or should I order something else you have barely eaten." Alaricus asks, to wolves a quarter of a pizza and half a plate of spaghetti was barely eaten but to the rest of us it was more then adequate.
"No I'll survive." I say smiling to myself and Alaricus' brows furrow as he stares at me.
"Let's order another pizza." He says hurriedly going to call for the chef but I slap my hand over his face.
"I was being sarcastic I'm so full I can barely move." I say.
"Perfect, I can carry you." Alaricus says, I was slightly worried if I ever slipped into a coma or lost feeling in my legs he'd be ecstatic.
"Barely move, I still can a little, don't worry I'll make it." I say and his red plump lips form a pout, as he frowns to himself. Emmanuelle the chef comes out of the backroom raising a brow in confusion at the pouting man child that sat across from me.

"Is everything alright, do we need anything here?" He asks cautiously.
"No everything was great just the bill please." I say impressed at my own ability to speak to him without making a fool of myself the way I usually did at restaurants.
"The bill's been taken care of my lovely Ms, now you guys can be off with the promise of coming back." He says.

"We will." Alaricus says shaking Emmanuelle's hand as I pull on my coat. I hold out mine to do the same but Emmanuelle grabs it bending to place a kiss on it but Alaricus yanks me away by the waist before he has the chance to.

"Oh would you look at the time." He says quite basically carrying me out only through the arm he has around my waist.

"Bye Emmanuelle." I call trying to ease the poor old chefs nerves and distract him from the freak show taking place in front of him.

"What are you doing?" I ask pressing my lips together as I feel him dig his face in between my shoulder blades.
"Revelling in the scent of my beautiful mate." He replies.
"No your acting like a crazy caveman." I say in a clipped tone, trying to hold in my shriek as he nuzzles his nose into my skin, I was freakishly ticklish at times I couldn't even wear a turtle neck.
"Am I?" He asks quietly.
"Yes." I respond in a whisper, something had changed in him suddenly I didn't know what, something flicked off or on, something entirely darker then the Alaricus I'd been with all night, something else.

"If being so deeply obsessed with the woman you love that you can't bear somebody else getting too close, or inhaling her delicious scent is caveman like then I am the worst of them all. I want you to be mine, mine and mine alone, never do I wish to share you and forever will I cherish you. Forever will I try to get so lost within you that nothing else makes sense, I want to surround myself with you until there is nothing of me left. Now if that is wrong then forgive me love for I'm a sinner." He says turning me around to face him.

My hands rest on his shoulders as he lowers me down slowly, every inch of me pressing against him as I slide down the hard planes of his large form.

"The angel trapped with a sinner. Trapped with the very devil himself. But I promise you angel nobody can love you like I can, never will there be another who will feel for you the way I do, only a tainted soul can love this way, nothing pure can love so devotedly god if on one end stands there beloved and on the other the very well being of the world itself, a sinner will always choose their beloved. A devil will destroy the world so it's no longer an option to choose anything else." In that moment he looked like a devil. Not the kind with horns and a little red tail, but the enticing kind. The one that could get you to do their bidding, make you a slave and you wouldn't even know how to disobey. I could love him so easily, fall into all the passion and love he offered effortlessly it would be like breathing.

"Only within the dark's embrace can the light shine at its brightest. Only a devil can cherish an angel, protect it, because he is selfish and wants the angel forever he would never let any harm befall his angel. Never will I let any harm befall you, hand yourself over to me angel without a worry, I wouldn't dare taint your light, never would I let anyone else. I'd end them before they could get close to what's mine. I've handed myself over to you and found the most peace that I've had in years, bathe me in your light diminish the darkness within, take over me entirely. How I wish for you to consume my very being, what a beautiful end that would be, lost within the very enthrals of the one I hold above all else, my beloved, my angel, my light, mine." Those honey eyes glint dangerously with the promise of a passion unlike all else.

Never had I thought gold could be so dark but the one that glints within his eyes holds love so powerful it couldn't possibly be good, it was all consuming, overbearing I didn't know how one man could feel so deeply, didn't deem it possible how could one hold so much within, without shattering. That's what his love was for me, shattering, consuming, overbearing, I couldn't breathe when his eyes were on me, perhaps he took away the very need. I held his strings, the very strings to the devil, but I didn't know how to pull them, I didn't know and neither did I wish to learn. I didn't wish to hand over to him my very being, but I didn't know if it was possible now, to stop the devil, he'd engraved himself within me. I was slowly becoming his, slowly but surely and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

Snow falls around us, little flakes getting caught in our hair resting softly on the material of our dark coats. The white flakes only lighting the contrast between my chocolate waves and the black coat I adorn. He leans down slowly cupping my face within his large hands, his eyes flickering from my lips to meet my gaze, back and forth, apprehension in his eyes, hunger, want, the deepest of desires, overwhelming love, the darkest of passion. The soft light of the street lamp shines down on him, and he's so beautiful in that moment too beautiful to be called an angel, angels can't be so beautiful that they would make you want to sin. He has to be the devil but his honey eyes glint so sweetly, beckoning me forwards the most tantalizing of sugars.

His plump red lips softly press against mine and my eyes flutter shut. They hold an incomparable warmth, mold so perfectly against my own. His arm wounds its way around my waist pulling me into him as he angles my face upwards to deepen his sweet torment. Lips move softly together, an unyielding desire, an overwhelming need. He was consuming me, but so was I him.

His lips are so soft as they urge mine gently. I wrap my arms around his neck, letting my fingers get lost within his dark soft strands. I pull on his hair softly, a husky groan escaping him getting lost within my mouth. His mouth opens, biting onto my bottom lip gently. Both his arms encase my waist, my every crease and crevice pressing against his, it was difficult to decipher where I ended and where he began, but I didn't wish to know. I wanted to stay intertwined with him for eternity, what a sweet end it would be, but perhaps with him an ending wasn't necessary. Even death was afraid of him, he could chase it away too if it were to come after me. His tongue darts over my lips, until they part, allowing us to taste the very essence of the other. He was intoxicating my very brand of intoxication, my favourite, I'd never been drunk but I imagined kissing Alaricus would be quite close, perhaps even more.

The need for oxygen becomes dire and I press my hands against his large chest, pulling away slowly, but maybe a piece of me stayed with him.

"I love you." He says quietly, I inhale deeply biting down into my lip staring up at him, an uncontrollable smile on my face, my cheeks coloured not only from the cold but from his gaze, from his touch, from him. A part of me longed to say it back, to see his eyes light up, to see those lips curve up, that dimple pop out, to see him happy but I didn't know if what I felt was enough, I wouldn't say it till I was sure for he deserved nothing less. He wouldn't give me anything less so neither would I him.

I lean up to press my lips softly against his, chastely a simple display of the affection I felt for him, nothing more nothing less. His arms wound around my waist once more as I pull away and he leans down with a smile to nuzzle his nose against mine.
"My little angel, mine." He mumbles.
"Yours."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.5K 33
"MINE" He snarled with so much force and dominance that I let a involuntary whimper escape my throat. "Say it" He demanded, his voice harsh but his...
517K 16.5K 18
He was ready to give up. The Moon Goddess and his wolf weren't. Who would win. •Thank you all for your support, votes and comments🌸🤗🌸 • Mature Con...
460K 10.5K 42
I knew where my life stood. As a normal teenage werewolf, I knew my fate had already been chosen for me. It doesn't matter how many people I fell in...
3.3K 731 26
He is cocky! She is humble! He is a werewolf! She is human! Both have suffered a lot! Both want to be loved! A werewolf story! No violence neith...