Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods

By YouNique09

"Another school year starts in Sinclaire Academy, do you dare to enter again?" - I suggest you read Sinclaire... More

Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods
Welcome to Society by e.h
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome to Society, Bitch
Chapter Two: Fireproof
Chapter Three: The girl with violet eyes
Chapter Four: Get close, but don't get burned
Chapter Five: Sweetest Downfall
Chapter Six: Bown down to the Queen
Chapter Seven: Stormborn
Chapter Eight: Curious little thing
Chapter Nine: Wandering girls
Chapter Ten: Riddles
Chapter Eleven: Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve: The game of push and pull
Chapter Thirteen: Silver lining
Chapter Fourteen: Add fuel to the fire
Chapter Fifteen: Likewise
Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected Moment
Chapter Seventeen: Salted Wound
Chapter Eighteen: Look beyond
Chapter Nineteen: Ability Phase
Chapter Twenty: Traveler
Chapter Twenty-one: Change and unanswered questions
Chapter Twenty-two: Follow her lead
Chapter Twenty-three: Feel the wind
Chapter Twenty-four: Little Ezra's defeat
Chapter Twenty-five: Burn
Chapter Twenty-six: You tell me
Chapter Twenty-seven: Love
Chapter Twenty-eight: An arrow through the heart
Chapter Twenty-nine: Act of selfishness
Chapter Thirty: Fragile little Flame
Chapter Thirty-one: Highly Unlikely
Chapter Thirty-two: What goes around, comes around
Chapter Thirty-three: Pieces of a puzzle
Chapter Thirty-four: Change of disposition
Chapter Thirty-five: Too curious
Chapter Thirty-six: Four Parts
Chapter Thirty-seven: Safe zone
Chapter Thirty-eight: Crashing from the high
Chapter Thirty-nine: What am I?
Chapter Forty: True form
Chapter Forty-one: The Key
Chapter Forty-two: Broken again
Chapter Forty-three: Between how it is and how it should be
Chapter Forty-four: Between who you are and who you could be
Chapter Forty-five: Alpha
Chapter Forty-six: I'll tell you mine, you tell me yours
Chapter Forty-seven: Just like that
Chapter Forty-eight: Burning Bridges
Chapter Forty-nine: The Light
Chapter Fifty: Click
Chapter Fifty-one: Maybe I do
Chapter Fifty-two: Guardian Angel
Chapter Fifty-three: No going back
Chapter Fifty-four: The lesser of two evils
Chapter Fifty-five: Low hanging vultures
Chapter Fifty-seven: Turning Point
Chapter Fifty-eight: Chosen
Chapter Fifty-nine: Free fall
Chapter Sixty: Point of no return
Chapter Sixty-one: The Beginning
Chapter Sixty-two: The End
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty-six: Change of fate

70.3K 2K 569
By YouNique09

Chapter Fifty-six: Change of fate

"It is a frightening thought, that in one fraction of a moment you can fall in the kind of love that takes a lifetime to get over" - Beau Taplin

- Cassandra Flame -

Asher had to stop Flame's hands from shaking. Worry was etched in his eyes.

"Are you sure you'll be fine on your own? I can always walk down with you. Just say it and I will"

"You have to enter with your family, Ash. That's the rule"

And she has to enter alone. She has to represent the Vander's independence.

"You're part of my family" Asher pouted.

Flame laughed, easing up her nerves a little. She snatched her hands away to pinch his cheek. "I have to do this on my own"

There's a first time in everything.

"Zeus is not here yet?" She suddenly asked. Hindi naman siguro makakatas sa paningin niya si Zeus diba? His mop of gray hair will stick out like a sore thumb.

"They're running a bit late I guess," Asher scratched his head. Wala na itong naidagdag pa because it was their cue to enter.

She inhaled deep to calm herself. It won't be so hard right?

"I can't believe it. Your family left you all alone in an event like this?"

At that moment Flame wished she still had Asher by her side. The Gandillons being here completely slipped her mind.

She had to let out the breath she was holding before plastering a fake smile then faced Sierra Gandillon.

"Hello Sierra" Flame was raised to be polite even to enemies.

The Gandillons belong to the same coven as the Vanders. If her family ever abdicates every position they held, the Gandillons will take over. And Witches aren't wild enough to settle everything with a duel. So it was safe to say they don't get along well.

Sierra did not even greet her back. Wonder and amusement came with her smirk.

Sierra approaced Flame with a plan in mind.

"On the other hand, why would your family even let you attend this kind of event? It's not like you're going to hold any kind of position in the near future"

Flame's smile didn't waver even when Sierra's words hit a nerve. She knew better than to talk back.

"Wow. You're the one to talk huh? If that's the case then you shouldn't be here either. Your family doesn't hold any position or whatsoever"

Ezra's expression mimicked Sierra's. Both were wicked and spiting. Walang gustong magpatalo.

Until Sierra slowly steps back, eyes blazing with anger.

"Walk away now little wench," Ezra waved her hand in a dismissive manner.

When Sierra returned to her family Flame turned to Ezra. "I hate her"

"Who wouldn't?" Ezra snorted in agreement. "You better head down before she attacks you again"

"Diba dapat andon ka na?"

"Asher gave me a heads up. He can't escape his Grandma's grasp to run back here kaya ako nalang ang pumunta"

Flame felt thankful dahil may mga kaibigan siyang liligtas sa kanya sa mga ganitong sitwasyon.

Pero alam rin niyang wala sila palagi sa tabi niya.

Flame survived the grand entrance. A polite smile and courage was all it took and it went on nang tuluyan na siyang makababa.

Her Aunt gave her a task and she is obligated to do it even if she doesn't want to.

Some were pleased to see and talk to Flame and some were not. They were expecting Tatiana Vander to be the family representative and not her. Halos lahat ng makausap niya ay isa lang ang common question "Where is Tatiana?". They didn't even ask for Vera Vander even when she is the High Priestress.

Flame herself knew her presence alone was not enough at this kind of event. Iba ang inaasahan nila at hindi siya iyon.

Wala pa sila sa kalahati ng event ba ito and she already she's going to endure all the disappointed stares.

Why wasn't she enough? They can talk to her about what's going on in their world. She had a strong opinion. And she is not afraid to voice it out. It's clear people lack interest in her when she's not with one of her Aunts. All because she's a half blood.

Flame slowly started losing interest. Mas gusto na niyang umupo nalang kaysa mag salita. Kahit nga iyong masayang kausap siya hindi na niya nasundan pa ang sinasabi.

She momentarily glanced at their assigned table. No one was there.

Ayaw naman niyang umupo mag isa doon like a total loser. Dapat pala binali nalang niya iyong utos sa kanya na huwag pumunta dito ng may kasamang date. She should've went with someone to save her from all the embarrassment.

She tried avoiding rival families as hard as she can, especially the Gandillons. Sana maka survive siya ngayong gabi without running in Sierra the second time around. Ezra can't save her this time because she was nowhere to be seen.

Inikot niya ang kanyang tingin until her gaze landed on someone.

Asher's job was the same as Flame's. The social butterfly went from group to group wearing the famous Woodsen smile that made everyone turn their attention to him.

Flame smiled slightly. It's so easy for Asher while she is barely keeping up.

Ash caught her gaze.

His smile wavered a little as his eyes turned softer. He gave her a nod motioning for her to come.

Flame didn't think twice and excused herself para makalapit dito.

"I heard about your run in with Sierra" Asher said in a low yet discreet voice.

"Ayos lang ako. Ezra had my back. Sierra knew better than to talk back to someone bitchier than her"

"She should know better than attacking you at a time like this" Asher hissed back not hiding his anger.

"I don't acknowledge that run in as some form of attack, Ash"

"Verbal or physical. With or without weapons. To criticize someone in a very harsh or severe way is classified as a form attack. I've been watching her and she hasn't taken her eyes off you," Asher said. "Stay with one of us until this ends"

That's what Flame did. She stopped trying to interact with others and stayed close to Asher. She was worried for a bit dahil sa kanya hindi na nakipag usap si Ash sa iba. At natandaan rin niyang may binanggit itong 'date'. Maybe he was just fooling around and did not want to go with anyone.

Hinanap rin niya si Zeus ngunit hindi niya ito makita. Instead she saw Senri and Adrianna Sinclaire rejoining the crowd unoticed.

Flame had an idea where they went and Zeus might be.

"I'll be right back" Hindi na niya hinintay pa ang sagot ni Ash.

Athena and Enzo joined their table a moment ago kaya hindi naman ito nag iisa.

Hindi pa siya nakakalayo may humila na sa kanya pabalik.

Sierra's sun colored nails were digging in Flame's skin. "I wasn't done talking to you"

"Well I am so get your filthy hands off me!" Flame hissed, slapping Sierra's hand away.

Cresent shaped nail marks were left on Flame's skin nang bitawan siya ni Sierra.

Sierra's foul expression turned into a taunting one, "I've been watching you and in my opinion you look too calm, Vander. I guess you haven't heard the rumors yet"

Flame had no interest in malicious rumors about her family or anyone for that matter. She hated rumors dahil dito nag iiba ang tingin ng iba sa pamilya niya. Maybe being high up meant you had to deal with those kinds of stuff. And having a high tolerance for bullcrap comes with it.

"Ayaw mo bang malaman?" Sierra tilted her head.

"I have no time for this" Flame rolled her eyes.

Aalis na sana siya but Sierra grabbed her back, nails digging on her skin again.

"Your life has been too peaceful while your family has been dogding arrows here and there. You should involve yourself in family matters sometimes," Flame felt a sharp pain on her wrist as Sierra's nails dig deeper. "Diba ganon naman dapat ang mabuting anak?"

"Rumor has it..." Sierra's blazing muddy brown eyes bore into Flame's green gems. "Your Aunt is stepping down. Do you know what that means? Without her protecting your Mom. She's going to voted off in no time"

That was the end for Flame.

In a snap she got a hold of Sierra's arm. Her nails dig deep enough to draw blood.

Thick crimson liquid poured out of Sierra's porcelane skin.

"Blood is power, Sierra Gandillon. I bet you know that right? If your family wants to dethrone mine then you have to rearrange the pyramid first. I know my Mom won't abdicate her position that easily. She's a Vander afterall. We, Vanders, don't go down without a fight"

Flame felt no regrets as she left Sierra whimpering. Vampires would've smelled her blood by now and she doesn't know what the aftermath of that scene is going to be. She won't stick around to find out.

Flame's breaths turned heavy as she took a different direction to head out. She did not feel any satisfaction for completely owning Sierra and having the last word because a part of what she said was a lie.

Vera had been thinking of abdicating as High Priestess and hoping to pass it down to Flame.

They have been going on and on about it all summer. Flame refused of course. Bakit naman hindi? She's too young. Marami pa siyang kailangan malaman. Even if she wants to, she is sure as hell their coven won't let her have that kind of position easily.

They won't let her take it. They won't let a Half blood like her be one of their leaders.

The Vander bloodline ended with Flame.

Iyon ang sabi ng lahat.

Love, unfortunately, became her Vera Vander's downfall.

Flame was her family's downfall.

Her family still made her carry all the pressure even when the truth is crystal clear. Whatever they want for her won't be easy to achieve. They cannot just hand her the position and control the covens in agreeing.

Everyone had voices and will dare to speak.

Her Mom told her to consider taking the position before letting her off to SA. That was the last thing they agreed on para tuluyan siyang payagang manirahan sa Hangrove. Flame said she will but deep in her heart alam niyang hindi niya kaya.

They expect too much of her.

The pressure is harder to carry now.

Tears started filling her eyes. Her pace went slower as the cold night welcomed her.

She doesn't know what will happen to her family kung totoo man ang sinabi ni Sierra. She may not know much about rumors but she is certain someone out there is after them. No high rank family had it easy. It either you are the predator or the prey. There is no in between.

Hindi na niya binigyan pa ng pagkakataong tumulo ang mga luhang namuo sa kanyang mata.

If whatever she's dreading happens, she will fight back. No one can hurt her or anyone she cared about.

Wala na siyang plano pang bumalik sa loob. Sierra must be spitting fire already. Bending the whole story to make her the bad one and everyone will believe her.

She caught a sight of her bloody fingers.

Did she hurt Celine that much?

Tuyo na ang dugo at wala siyang dala na kung ano para mapunasan ito.

She tried rubbing it off. Knowing someone's blood was on her made her feel uneasy.

Flame let her feet take her wherever. Tinuon nalang niya ang kanyang atensyon sa pagtanggal ng dugo sa kamay niya.

"Whose blood is that?"

Hindi niya inaasahang marinig ang boses na iyon.

"None of your concern," Flame sighed and dropped her hands. Who knew she'd be the first one to see Seige tonight?

Suot nga nito ang damit ng binili ni Zeus. Naka light make up rin lang ito and her hair was styled in a half elegant pony.

"I think he's at the back garden," Flame tried to smile. "He might be waiting for you"

This is what she wants right? She wanted Seige to come para naman sumaya kahit paano si Zeus. But why can't she kick this heavy feeling off her chest?

"What about you?" Seige's eyes turned curious. "Where are you going?"

"Again," Flame repeats. "None of your concern"

She already told Seige where Zeus might be, that's enough help diba? She can leave now.

Hindi niya alam kung saan siya pwedeng pumunta. Si Ash ang kasama niya papunta dito kanina kaya wala siyang pwedeng masakyan. Taxis are not allowed at this part of town kaya she's left with her own two feet.

Flame grabbed the end of her dress, determined to escape this place, when Seige fired a question that made her stop.

"When are you going to tell him?"

Flame slowly turned back to face Seige.

Even when Seige didn't state exactly what she's talking about, Flame knew.

"Ayoko na munang dagdagan ang mga problema niya," she sighed. "His emotions are eating him up. He can only take too much"

Sasabihin niya pero hindi ngayon. Ngayong sa iba na umiikot ang mundo ni Zeus. She owed him the truth hindi naman niya ipagkakait ito. And she will face all the consequence of what she did. For now it was a matter of priorities. Family first.

She is not in the mood to argue with Seige kung taliwas man ang opinion nito sa desisyon niya. Ayaw na niyang masira pa lalo ang gabi niya.

But what Seige said next rendered her speechless.

"Have you ever thought of your own feelings, Flame?"

Her question sounded so innocent yet so deep.

"Palagi mo nalang iniisip yung mga tao sa paligid mo. Kung paano mo mapapagaan ang nararamdaman nila. Paano naman ikaw? You're important too. That secret you're keeping will only be a burden to you. Something you'll feel guilty about everyday. One great regret you couldn't just push away in a blink of an eye. How you're facing him everyday remains a mystery to me you know," Seige smiled slightly.

Flame's forehead turned into a knot. It took her a few seconds to process Seige's words.

It was so different from the last full conversation they had. Seige was so feisty... so determined that Flame is going to fail somehow at finding out who she is.

Her heart was clouded as the moon but hearing those words...

It was like the moon shined in between the dark clouds.

"Why are you telling me that?"

"Someone told me that one's feelings are always important," Seige said with a sigh. "You need a breather, Cassandra Flame"

A breather? When was the last time she had that? Kahit na mag isa siya kalaban niya parin ang sarili niya. Her mind went on and on about the things she'd done. Her mind wasn't planning to take a break. She had to take it all in. Lalo na ang mga nadiskubre nya ngayon.

Even if she wanted to, there was no such thing as a breather in this kind of agony.

"I'm sorry for the things I've said before." Seige said.

Flame doesn't know if she's showing too much or too little. Can Seige see it in her eyes? How that five letter word affected her.

"I--" Flame closed her eyes, "I'm sorry too... for everything"

Wala siyang malaking kasalanan kay Seige but she had to say it. And she felt a surge or emotion by letting those words slip her lips.

Seige gave her a nod of acknowledgement before walking away.

That was it. Once Seige disappears from her line of vision, she knew Zeus' burden will be lifted.

Alam niyang hindi pupunta dito si Seige para saktan lang muli si Zeus. Flame had faith in her. A little but enough.

A part of her was sure that Seige knows what she's about to do.

This decision of Seige will change the course of their lives.

- Ezra Alexandra -

"Mom..." Ezra whispered, hoping it caught her Mom's attention. Hindi niya matangal ang kanyang tingin sa itaas ng hagdan. Seeing them made her went still and agitated the next.

"Why didn't you tell me his parents were coming?" She drawled every word out as her heart started beating faster.

When their names were announced all the lower ranks bowed. Including her.

"I didn't know," her Mom whispered as they lowered their heads.

Ezra knew the former Alpha and Luna. Before she didn't care but now knowing they were Aiden's parents made her want to bolt out of here and hide.

The former Alpha and Luna attending the ball completely slipped her mind.

Is Aiden going to make her meet them?

Just thinking about it made her sweat bullets.

What happened to baby steps? Bakit meet the parents agad?

Pababa palang Aiden already caught her eye.

Ezra masked everything she was feeling when her eyes went to his parents again.

Luna Serenity's hair were as red as Flame's. She wore an elegant black gown with no sort of jewelry on. Her hair alone was enough to complete the outfit. Her features were sharp katulad ng kay Imo but most of the Lockhart siblings traits obviously came from the Alpha.

Alpha Sebastians stare was brooding but the color of his eyes reminded her of Aiden's.

As they reached the bottom, Ezra cut off her gaze. Hoping na sana wag sila lumapit sa kanya.

Who the hell am I kidding? Here he comes!

She had to bite back a curse when Aiden whispered something to his Mother before heading their way. Mag-isa lang ito.

That made Ezra calm down a bit.

The former Alpha and Luna were swarmed by other guests as Aiden sauntered towards Ezra.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Heath" Aiden bowed his head out of respect which, in Ezra's opinion, was not really needed. He outranks them in any way kung Pyramid ang pag uusapan but she guessed the reason he bowed was not because of that. He simply respects her Mom and Dad.

"Can I borrow Ezra for a minute?"

Ezra's gaze connected with her Mom's. She wanted to telepathically tell her 'No' but she can't. Kung pandilatan man niya ito sigurado siyang mapapansin ni Aiden.

"Sure"

"Mom" Ezra exclaimed in protest.

Nginitian siya nito na para bang sinasabing "Sumama ka nalang". Hindi na nga niya nasundan ang kanyang protesta dahil umalis na ang dalawa.

"You go first," Aiden said in a whisper.

Bakit kaya ito bumubulong?

"Where?"

Instead of answering, Aiden's gaze locked to one of the exits making Ezra wonder again why he had to do that instead of directly telling her.

"I'll be there in a minute. Go..."

Still confused, Ezra followed his order. As soon she stepped away Imogen joined Aiden.

Niloloko ba ako nito?

Why would he 'borrow' her and order her to go out? Bakit hindi nalang nito sabihin sa harap niya? And what is he going to tell her anyway?

She doesn't really know the grounds well kaya humanap nalang siya ng spot na walang makakakita sa kanila.

She started thinking that he might be playing a practical joke on her. He said he'd follow her in a minute and it's already been five!

She was about to stomp back in out of annoyance when he appeared looking apologetic.

The annoying feeling slowly died down because of how sorry he looked for making her wait.

Ezra kept her face neutral, keeping her stance firm.

"I got caught up. Sorry"

Dear goddess how can she make her heart stop beating?

"It's alright," Ezra crossed her arms. "Bakit dito mo pa gustong sabihin sakin kung ano man yang sasabihin mo?"

"Saskia La Valse was watching you"

At the mention of that name Ezra's expression once again turned strain.

She knew why Saskia was watching her. The La Valses are holding a grudge against Half Bloods.

"Your Dad noticed that too. Siya ang nagturo sakin na dito tayo mag usap"

She was more focused on her Mom to even notice her Dad. Let alone notice Saskia. She'll deal with that later...

"Ano nga yung sasabihin mo?"

Aiden let out a deep breath before smiling. "My parents wants to meet you"

Yung naramdaman niya kanina nang nakita niya ang mga ito ay bumalik na naman. She turned still and nervous. And also guilty for some reason.

Ezra was not the nicest girl in the planet and she's sure isn't girlfriend material. Or wife material even. Just thinking about meeting Aiden's parents scared the wits out of her.

"Now?" She managed to rasp out.

"Tomorrow," His smile didn't waver as he added, "Tomorrow at dinner"

Holy cheese cake he's inviting me to have dinner with his family.

It took her time to sink in his invitation that's why he took the free seconds to freely talk about the situation.

"I know you want to take this slow," Aiden scratched his head. "But my Mom is... well let's say it won't be good to go against what she wants so I promised her you'd be with us tomorrow in exchange for her not talking to you tonight. I really can't find a way out of this. I'm sorry, Ezra"

It suddenly struck Ezra.

Aiden understood the situation. Aiden understood her feelings. Aiden already knew she wasn't ready to meet his parents.

He searched for a way out but there was none.

At least he tried.

Thinking about it made Ezra smile.

Ezra casually shrugged and said, "Okay I'll go"

Aiden's shit eating grin was so worth it.

---

- Zeus Achilles -

Zeus doesn't like planning.

He's more of 'act on impulse' kind of guy. Planning his moves? Not really his thing. But with whatever he wants to do for Seige, kailangan niyang mag plano.

Planning a party is one thing, planning to woo a girl is another.

And the girl happens to be an aloof one like Seige.

Maybe he should ask Asher for advice?

Zeus quickly thought against it. Asking Asher for help on how to get a girl...

He won't let Zeus live it down for the rest of his life.

Enzo perhaps? Nah.

Enzo dating a girl seemed so blurry in Zeus's mind.

His Father's words and his very own decision hung in his mind as he thought of what he needs to do.

Assuming Seige is not going to show herself tonight gave Zeus a lot of time to think things through.

They're back to square one so he can't just ask her out on a date as soon as he sees her on monday. They are basically 'not' friends anymore so he has to work on that first before they get to be 'more'.

Zeus needs to start this right. No more mistakes and rash decisions that will turn into harsh words and impulsive actions. He has to show a different side of him this time.

He hoped Seige doesn't avoid him like the plague on Monday. Ang hirap pa naman nito hanapin.

Kailangan ata niyang ilista ang possible hiding places ni Seige.

Maybe he could ask Aiane for help with that. She knows the grounds of the Academy better than Zeus does...

Zeus suddenly tensed upon sensing a presence. It wasn't like sensing his Father...

The presence seem to be watching him.

Zeus had let his guard by letting his thoughts wander now the walls are back up.

The presence doesn't seem to be hiding anymore dahil nararamdaman ni Zeus na papalapit na ito.

He didn't turn when he sensed her walking on the stone pathway on the way to him. A small smile curved on his lips when he couldn't hear heals clicking.

She was wearing damn sneakers.

"Hi"

Those two words became Zeus's trigger. The thin line between cool and collected and going full on crazy was cut by that simple "Hi".

Zeus crossed the distance between then and wrapped her in his embrace.

In that moment it was just the two of them.

Nothing in the world existed but Zeus and Seige.

Seige's presence all meant so much right now to Zeus. He couldn't process the right words to say kaya sa isang mahigpit na yakap nalang niya inilabas. All the 'planning' went down the drain.

Seige hugged him back. Para bang pinaparamdaman din nito na parehas sila ng sitwasyon. Parehas silang walang masabi.

"You said you couldn't come," Zeus said. "Is it because someone won't let you? Is it your brother?"

"He knows I'm here but he hasn't seen me yet"

Zeus knew she was being honest with her answer. Ayaw rin naman niyang mapahamak si Seige sa Kuya nito.

Hindi pa naman malinaw sa kanya ang relasyon ng dalawa. For all Zeus knew Syre was a very strict older bro.

"If you're going to get in trouble--"

"I already am in trouble, Zeus. Whatever I do tonight won't make it worse"

Zeus wasn't happy with but heck, Seige went all the way here for him. He's going to make this night worthwhile.

Zeus gazed down at her violet eyes that Luna favored so much. The moonlight made Seige's eyes glow.

Funny how Luna decided to show up the same time Seige did.

Gone were the thick dark clouds covering the throbbing silver orb.

Luna proudly showed herself with stars as her companions.

"I wasn't allowed to come here," Seige started. "They said it was too risky but I... I just had to."

Zeus caught the whiff of confusion in her eyes. They way she said she "Had to" probably made her think if she really did the right thing.

"I know a place. Come on." Zeus said. The back garden was too open for them. If someone wanted to eavesdrop on their conversation madali lang itong magagawa. And Seige said Syre hasn't seen her yet, Zeus wanted to keep it like that till the night ends.

Zeus pulled Seige inside, constantly dodging protectors roaming around until they entered the hall where his parents' study were located.

Ito lang ang naisip niyang private na lugar since there is a Ball going on downstairs and his Mama won't mind if he uses her study for solitude.

"It's locked," Seige pointed out when they stopped at the study's door.

"I know" Zeus smirked. "Mama doesn't put enchantments on her stuff"

"Because it's not really needed," Seige lips curved.

Of course it wasn't. Everyone knew better than to steal from the Guardian. Or invade her private space.

"Yep," Zeus placed his hand on the smooth oak door. "She doesn't usually lock doors at home. Dito lang talaga kasi wala siyang tiwala sa mga kasama niya dito"

Seige raised her brow. "So how are you going to open it? Got some trick up your sleeve?"

Zeus's smirk didn't waver. "Of course I do. Hindi naman kita dadalhin dito kung wala"

"All I need is a hairpin," Zeus's eyes darted to Seige's hair. "May I borrow yours, Miss?"

"Go ahead, Sir"

Zeus had to suppress his feelings and not laugh right then and there. Hearing Seige answer him made him feel overwhelmed for some weird reason.

Maybe it was because there's more emotions in her words...

Zeus plucks the pin out of her hair making a few strands fall but not enough to ruin the hairdo. The stray hair made her even more pretty.

Zeus bent down to pick the lock, biting his lower lip to stop himself from smiling. "You look beatiful by the way"

His eyes were focused on the matter in hand kaya hindi niya nakita ang reaction ni Seige but he secretly wished he made her blush.

"You know how to pick locks?" Seige sounded reserved again when she asked. Dahil siguro sa sinabi ni Zeus.

"A trick I never wanted to learn but did anyway. Perks of growing up with Ash. You'll learn a thing or two about breaking and entering"

When Zeus heard the final tick of the lock binuksan na niya agad ang pinto.

Zeus spread his arms, sporting a proud smirk. "Step into my office"

He pointed at a door at the far right, "That door leads to Papa's office so their rooms are kinda interconnected."

Zeus pursed his lips and trailed his eyes over the room. It's been a while since the last time he's been here. "I prefer to be here than Papa's office because it's messier"

The scattered papers on the floor are the proof.

"Being tidy isn't your thing?"

Zeus shook his head. "It's not that. Some people like this," he spreads his arms again, "And others don't. I guess it reminds me that Mama's views are still different from Papa's. That's it. Difference"

Call Zeus a Mama's boy all you want, he won't deny it. It was a given since he was an only child for six years before Aiane came.

"That was deep"

"I try to be impressive once in a while" Zeus smiled. "Anyway, I wish I get to spend more time here when I was little you know? To have stories to tell others. But I didn't grow up doing that. I've never experienced going up to someone boasting my mother is Adrianna and my father is Senri. Unlike Asher, when we were little he practically told everyone he knew his Dad is Cain Woodsen."

Zeus understood the boasting because Cain Woodsen is downright awesome.

"You never get to do that but at least you get to be with your parents"

Zeus hesitated for a moment, studying Seige's body language before he fired the question. "Whay about yours? What happened to them?"

"To be honest I don't remember them much"

"You were only a baby when they died?" He assumed her parents were already dead dahil iyon ang natatandaan niya.

Seige's sad smile answered his question.

"They will forever stay as a distant and painful memory"

The family topic was a sore subject and Zeus didn't want to ruin Seige's night by pulling her to a trip down in memory lane.

He wanted to tell her stories about his. How he loved his family so much. He'll save those stories for another time.

An idea suddenly popped in Zeus's head like a lightbulb. Alam na niya kung ano ang pwedeng gawin sa "another time" na iyon.

Zeus pushed that idea at the back of his mind and faced the matter in front of him.

Apparently Seige went down in memory lane all on her own because of the distant look in her eyes. Zeus had to stand in front of her to snap her back to reality.

The sadness Seige radiated shocked him a bit because it wasn't everyday Seige is being emphatic. Her emotions right now aren't hard to decipher. Just one look you already know what she's feeling.

The urge to hug her again became unbearable.

So Zeus did.

Seige's head laid softly on his chest. Zeus handled her with reverence because for the first time, Seige acted on her own accord. She didn't push him away or stared at him like he'd done something crazy. She welcomed all his warmth.

Seige had finally allowed herself to feel.

"You have me," Zeus said. "You us. We're your friends, Seige. Well I'm not really your friend but you get the idea. The thing is you're part of our family now so that makes us part of yours too. Dwelling on the past just brings back pain but it doesn't hurt to remember them once in a while."

For a second Zeus thought Seige was crying but when he looked down at her... she had her eyes closed like the world suddenly disappeared around them.

Maybe that really happens when they hug each other. Time stops and the world shuts down. Like it owed them this little time for what they've been through.

"Don't let go," Seige said. "I allow myself to be selfish just for tonight. I'm going to make the most out of it"

Zeus didn't have a problem with that. He doesn't mind if she doesn't want to talk more. He focused all his attention on her.

Zeus will hold Seige until the world tells them time is up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 68.7K 69
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, songs, places, events, and incidents are either product of author's imagination or used in a...
Balang Araw By Æ

Historical Fiction

1K 80 34
balang araw // historical fiction story Isang marangal, tanyag, at perpekto kung maitatawag ang pamilya De Vera. Mayroong ilaw ng tahanan, haligi ng...
3.7M 174K 69
Her name is Cindy Gonzales and this is her journey to Music Academy.
La Bella Dama By ulan

Historical Fiction

717K 4.5K 10
"If not in the past nor in the present, could it be in the near future?" Yra, a girl from the present, time travelled back to the past and in order f...