Lana Parrilla...IS MY MOTHER...

By ava_mcanally

Avanna Lee Starr is a 12 year old girl who thought her life was some-what normal. Boy she couldn't have been... More

Prolog
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Question

Ten

712 24 3
By ava_mcanally

Lana's POV

What does that that mean? WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?!

"Well?...well?...well what?!" I screamed going close.

"Lana..." Fred sighed grabbing my upper arm and pulling me back.

"No! Let me go! Dr Burke, that's my baby okay? That's my daughter. I only have one of her, and I assure you that I'm a very nice person. But if something happens to her, I won't be so nice! So can you please go into that O.R or whatever else and make her better instead of wasting time coming to tell us, go back there and save our daughters and there sisters life! Please!" I shouted running out of breath as I explained pointing to me and then Matt, patt, and Jack.

"Mrs Parrilla, with all due respect I don't think you understand-" he started.

"Yes I do. She needs surgery" I interrupted.

"No. She needs a blood transfusion" he explained putting his pen back in the pocket if his shirt.

"What's that" Matthew asked looking at his brothers than back at Dr Burke.

"A blood transfusion is a fairly simple medical procedure during which a patient receives whole blood, or one of its parts through an intravenous line, or I.V. This is a tiny tube that is inserted into a vain using a small needle." He explained to Matthew calmly.

"Would it hurt our sister" Patrick asked joining in on the conversation.

"While patients are likely to notice a brief pinch of the needle, a blood transfusion is considered to be relatively painless." He elaborated standing with his arms in front if his body.

"Okay one, Ava doesn't like needles. And two, why are you explaining this to us" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well, that's expected. Any procedure that involves a needle is likely to cause some anxiety for a child, so it helps to understand how a transfusion is done. This way you can feel confident about what is happening and help put your child at ease." He answered.

"This uh," Fred started waving his hand for Dr Burke to restate what he previously stated.

"Blood transfusion" he restated.

"Blood transfusion. What does it do?" Fred asked crossing his arms.

"As the blood circulates, it delivers oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. It also collects waste products and carries them to the organs responsible for making sure the waste leaves the body." He continued with the hospital talk that makes us all look dumb if I do say so myself.

"That's all" Jack asked standing up strait and releasing a sigh.

"No. A blood transfusion can make up for a loss of blood or any part of the blood" he added.

"Is that good or bad" Fred asked.

"That's good" he answered simply.

"How long does it take" Jack asked. 

"Transfusions take 1-4 hours, depending on how much blood is given; and no special recovery time is needed." He stated without one stutter.

"Where does it come from" Patrick asked.

"The blood?" Dr Burke asked in confusion.

"Yeah" Patrick said shaking his head.

"Well, in most cases, the blood comes from volunteer donors. But the blood that is donated must be a match to the patient" he answered also shaking his head.

"What are the risks" I asked shifting from one foot to the other.

"You really want to know" he asked calmly.

"Every detail" Fred said coming to stand by my side.

"Ugh, the risk of blood transfusions include transfusion reactions (immune-related reaction) no-immune
reactions, and infections."

"How often do they occur" Fred asked crossing his arms.

"These errors are very rare, and much effort is made to prevent them. These reactions may be mild or server but they are not life threatening when treated quickly" he explained going through Ava's chart he had in his hands.

"Is there ever any sign of these so called complications" Matt asked shaking his head in disbelief.

"Yes. Doctors will stop a blood transfusion if they think the patient is having a reaction. A reaction may turn out to be mild, but in the beginning it is hard for doctors to know whether it will be server." He continued.

"Earlier you were talking about blood donors? What's Ava blood type" Jack asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"There are 4 main blood groups A, B, AB, and O, of which group O-positive is the most common. 47% of the population has O-positive. And luckily for you, Ava's one of them" he answered with a small smile.

"O-positive" I whispered.

"I'm sorry" Burke asked with confusion laced in his voice.

"O-positive. That's Fred's blood type. So why gets some random stranger to donate blood to my  daughter when her father could do it" I asked placing a hand on one of Fred's shoulders.

"That would work, but obviously we would have to have consent from the father and of course the patient" Burke explained looking at Fred awaiting his answer.

"Do whatever you have to do." He said nodding his head in approval.

"Okay" he replied softly.

I sighed as I watched him walk away from us back to the room he was previously in.

Ava's POV

I was lying down in my hospital bed, I had just woke up and hour ago and the room was empty.

It still is.

Just then the door came open causing my to snap my head over to it, to see who was entering. Once the door was fully opened, a tall man with a surgery cap walked in.

"Hello Avanna, I'm doctor Preston Burke (won't know who this is unless you've seen Grey's Anatomy)" he said walked over setting what I'm guessing is my chart down.

"Call me Ava. Look Dr Burke, I'm fine can you please discharge me so I can go home" I asked tuning my hand through my hair like my mom always does.

"I'm afraid not. Ms Parrilla, you need what we call a blood transfusion." He explained eyed going a little wide before going back to there normal position.

"What is that" I asked going as far back on the bed as I possibly could.

"It a simple procedure where we draw blood from a donor who's blood type matches yours and then we put it in you" he explained calmly.

"No no no. No needles I don't like needles! Stay away from me!" I shouted really worried.

"Ms Parrilla, if you will give me a second." He responded softly turning and walking out the door.

What the heck?!?

Fred's POV

We were still sitting in the waiting room waiting for Dr Burke to come out and give us in further detail as in to what's going on.

Me and the boys are in the chairs while Lana will not stop pacing back and forth on the floor.

She is so worried.

"Lana can you please stop pacing, your making my neck hurt." I asked rubbing the back of my neck.

"I'm sorry, it's just that i have never had this much stress put on me before ever. I don't know what to do." She replied stoping in front of me.

"Family of Avanna Parrilla" Dr Burke asked walking back out of the double doors.

"Yes" I said as we all walked over.

"Can you all please follow me" he asked turning and walking right back through the double doors and to the room that was housing my daughter.

As we walked in Ava looked over and let out what I'm assuming was a sigh if relief.

"Mommy" Ava said tearing up reaching for Lana.

"It's okay baby, I'm here" Lana answered sitting on the bed grasping Ava's hands and giving a small smile.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I just couldn't take it anymore" she explained looking at at all of us.

"Take what" I asked in confusion.

"Everything" she answered simply.

"Oh well, okay" Lana said mentally marking a note in my brain to ask about that later.

"I called you back here to see if you could possibly convince your daughter to go through with the procedure" he explained.

"Look, I already told I'm not doing it, no needle is being stuck in me; okay? So can please be quiet about it" Ava begged shaking her head.

"Ava you've lost blood, you could literally pass out at any given moment it's only a matter of time" Patrick said bluntly.

"Jee what a nice way of giving that information to your little sister Patt" she replied sarcastically.

"Okay just...honey the blood transfusion is the only way you'll get better. Please do it baby" Lana said taking Ava's hand in her own

"I...okay" she whispered nodding her head.

___________________________

Chapter ten whop whop

Enjoy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783 17 46
17 year old Kenya James always thought her life would be normal. She's overall very smart and had her life planned from beginning to end. At least sh...
8.4K 1.2K 59
Ava Mather is a normal 17 year old who has her life suddenly turned upside down when a young man jumps into her car. The young man has amnesia - and...
562K 13.1K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
136 0 22
Ava is a fourteen year old girl fed up with the way life is treating her but will moving really help her out or will it be her same life just in an u...