Learning To Love The Alpha Su...

By eternitytotry

[Complete] A werewolf mxm story: An age old treaty signed hundreds of years ago between a pack... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Ciel Smith
Chapter 2 - Goodbyes Never Seem Easy
Chapter 3 - Welcome To Your New Home
Chapter 4 - This Might Hurt
Chapter 5 - Knowing You
Chapter 6 - Nathaniel Green
Chapter 7 - Feeling Alive
Chapter 8 - Knowing Doesn't Change A Thing
Chapter 9 - Making Friends
Chapter 10 - A Chance To
Chapter 11 - The Beginning
Chapter 13 - Sorry Might Just Cut It
Chapter 14 - The Thought Of Losing You
Chapter 15 - Being Aware Of You
Chapter 16 - My First Kiss Went A Little Like This
Chapter 17 - Enamoured
Chapter 18 - You're Mine
Chapter 19 - Testing Me, Testing You
Chapter 20 - Our Happy Ending (Final Chapter)

Chapter 12 - Trust Issues

32.8K 1.5K 407
By eternitytotry

It was as though peace was not a word that was allowed to be associated with Ciel.

Although months passed without hiccups as he spent his days in Spirit Lunar in a relatively pleasant fashion, the Goddess seemed to have other plans for him. Well, at least Ciel could say that he had never led a boring life.

He did well at training and was allowed to go on hunts now. He was even allowed to train with Kai and the trackers of the pack. The private training with the Fabulous Five was progressing well and Teddy had only words of compliment for them these days.

From spending almost all day with the FabFive, Ciel realised that the other pack members living in the pack house had begin to see them as inseparable.

His relationship with Theo was also progressing smoothly and very positively, despite his initial cautiousness against Theo. In fact, these days, Ciel had found himself blushing after Theo's words or actions, his heart pounding as Theo seemed to be showering him with more attention and affection. He had begin to lower his guard against Theo, looking forward to spending time with him to get to know him better each passing day.

Ciel was starting to see how his future in this pack could be like. It was as though he was slowly finding his place in the pack, and he liked where he was at.

The Alpha and Luna were more than pleased with how things were advancing between Theo and Ciel. They constantly encouraged them to spend more time together, even requesting for them to go on dates. Ciel knew that while Theo didn't mind spending time alone with him, he was still very resistant about calling those times 'dates'. Ciel didn't mind, he felt awkward to think of them as 'dates' too. They both preferred to leave labels out and just develop a natural friendship with one another.

It was perhaps all that Ciel could have wished for. A peaceful time at a place that he might have to call home for years to come. Spending time with his makeshift 'family' that he have learnt to care and concern for. He loved their idiosyncrasies, their charms and their shortcomings.

But in all the goodness that life rewarded him with, there was always a darkness that seemed to follow after, lurking as though waiting for the right time to strike when it would be most effective.

In the months that Ciel thought things have been looking up for him, the pack found themselves being involved in an impending war. A war between the drifters and the packs in the neighbouring territories, threatening the lives and the homes of the packs. Even Harvest Tribe had been attacked on several occasions, although the drifters seemed to be more interested in assaulting the bigger, more established packs.

Drifters from all around the region were starting to band together, wrecking well-planned havoc as they tried to challenge the packs for their land. It was the first time drifters have ever been recorded to follow a pattern, or cooperate with one another for a common cause. It was challenging to understand why they had decided to do so. The only end goal that had been identified was that these drifters were tired of having to fend for themselves in the wild, on unchartered and unclaimed lands. They craved for the luxuries that established packs had to offer.

They were desperate enough to attack innocent werewolves while they try to attain it. Many packs have suffered from those desperate attacks. Many pack werewolves have been injured and even killed so far. Packs were beginning to work together to protect their territories, share information and anticipate attacks.

Tensions were building, but so far, there was still no plans for the packs to confront the drifters in their unclaimed territories.

All that had been done was to increase patrols, instill vigilance in their pack members, train their warriors more harshly, in order to prepare them for a fight. Despite that, drifters were still able to get into their territories and deal damage to the packs that lived there.

There was perhaps one consolation: the drifters kept their distance with the humans. They didn't attack humans, choosing only to attack pack houses and areas near pack houses, where the populations were all made of werewolves. But the packs involved knew that it was only time that they would accidentally, if not, purposely harm humans. The drifters were getting more desperate and reckless with their attacks, seeing as how they were losing numbers quickly, yet not being able to take down even one pack.

The packs were all cautious to make sure that humans were being kept safe, and that they would not find out about werewolves. That would put the entire werewolf community in danger. If humans were to find out about them, it was an even greater war than they have prepared for.

The pack house was buzzing with frenzied voices and movements. Ciel combed through the crowd of warriors, pushing past them to look for the rest of his usual group. The Alpha and the other top ranks have already gone out to deal with the first sign of problem, leaving the rest of the warriors to prepare for any other attacks in case they came in waves like the previous time.

The drifters were not as well organised as packs were, but they still had their plans and they seemed to be sticking to it. While there was still no leader identified so far, the packs are suspicious that this is not just a mob movement, but there was a mastermind behind it all.

Ciel found the group outside the pack house, standing together with the other trackers and warriors around their age. They had been forbidden to go along with the first wave this time. As the drifters' attacks have not died down at all, the adults decided that it was too risky to allow their next generation of top ranks to go out in the field and risk getting killed.

In a sense, the group he was looking at now were being protected because they were next in line to take over if anything were to happen to their top ranks now. He was with the people that might form the the Spirit Lunar alpha and combatants.

Ciel jogged up towards them, frowning when Theo seemed to stopped their discussion when he noticed Ciel coming towards them, "What are you going to do?" Ciel asked quickly once he reached the group. He had been changing into combat-ready clothing so that he could contribute where he could. Tracking or patrolling were not considered assignments that would put him directly in danger. He had confidence to pull it off.

"We can't just stand around here waiting for them to come back." Kai started, his expression and tone sounding serious for the first time since Ciel knew him, "We are planning to move out with the second wave if they are deployed."

Theo glared at Kai after he spoke, "Go back to the pack house, Ciel." He commanded, grabbing at Ciel's elbow as he steered him towards the pack house.

Ciel tugged his elbow back, glowering when Theo's grip on his arm tensed, "I want to help."

Theo growled as he pulled on Ciel's arm, forcing the younger teen to move towards him, "Stay in the pack house, you're not ready to fight. You are not even a part of this pack. Just stay out of trouble."

Ciel felt his chest tighten painfully at Theo's words. Sure, he was not officially a part of this pack, but he had thought he had already proven himself worthy to be considered, if not anything, an honorary member of the pack. Perhaps he had been too hopeful about where he stood with Theo, "My tribe is at the fringe of your territory. I am a part of your territory even if I am not a pack member. Let me help, Theo." Ciel insisted, digging his heels into the ground as his hand went to Theo's chest to stop him, "Theo, please."

Theo grabbed at the hand that was on his chest, holding it tightly as he looked grimly into Ciel's eyes, "Don't argue with me, Ciel. Go inside and stay inside. That's the only way you can help."

Ciel shook his head, looking at the twins and Nathaniel for support, but they simply stood behind Theo without a word. He felt himself resisting the urge to cry at that. They didn't trust that he could help, none of them. They didn't need him. "I can do it, Theo." Ciel barely noticed his voice getting smaller, "I'm ready, as ready as you are."

Theo growled as he grabbed Ciel by the shoulders harshly, "You are wasting our time by arguing with me right now. Go back into the pack house and stay there. Do you understand me?"

Ciel wrenched the hands on his shoulders off, taking a step back as he steeled his features, "I can do it. Trust me, Theo."

"I can't!" Theo shouted into his face.

The response came without as much as a second's hesitation. Ciel reeled back, as though he had been slapped in the face. He swallowed as his heart ached. He glanced at the group, who had all went silent, just watching the pair. No one even looked like they were going to say something. They all agreed with Theo. Ciel looked back at Theo, shaking his head as he bit his lips. The tears in his eyes had already gathered before he knew it.

He saw Theo's lips part, then close again. Ciel waited for moments, wishing Theo would say something to explain why he didn't trust him. Why he couldn't trust him. But when Theo didn't say a word except to look at him, Ciel spun around on his heels right before the first of his tears fell. He sprinted back to the pack house, ignoring Kai's shout of his name from behind him.

He slowed into a jog as he reached the doors of the pack house. They didn't even come after him. None of them did. Not even Len.

Ciel let out a quiet sob regretfully. He didn't belong here. They didn't trust him for a moment. They never did. It was all just shallow talk. Friends? They didn't trust him as one. They would never trust their lives to him. He was never regarded as a pack member.

What was he doing here again? What did he expect from the man that had strangled him until he lost consciousness? What did he expect from the people that treated him like air when he first came? He should have never let his guard down. These people, they were not genuine.

Ciel wiped his tears angrily as he avoided the other members in the pack house towards his room. He was going to pack his things and leave. He won't stay here any longer. Once the Alpha comes back safely, he will ask to leave this pack. Right now, he had to pack, and he had to call his father to make sure that everyone in the tribe was doing okay. Then he will tell his father of his plans to go back. They would take him back in a heartbeat, Ciel knew. He knew that his tribe was all he had, all that he could trust in. Not these people here.

As he rounded the corner towards the steps leading up to his room, he bumped straight into a tough body that reached out to grab him as he lost his balance, "Teddy." He whispered as he looked away from his instructor, wiping the last of his tears quickly. He hurried established a connection with his wolf. He had let his guards down in his emotional distress. He hadn't even noticed Teddy coming.

Teddy frowned as he saw the tears in his eyes, reaching out to grab at his face, "Are you hurt?"

Ciel shook his head quickly, "No, sir."

Teddy let his hands drop as he nodded at him before he asked, "Where are you going? The fight is out there."

Ciel hesitated, before answering sharply, "Theo has forbidden me to fight."

Teddy rolled his eyes as he realised the reason why Ciel had been crying, "Gear up. You'll come with me."

"R-Really?" Ciel asked in a hopeful tone.

"Yes." Teddy affirmed, patting Ciel on the shoulder firmly, "Bring your guns. I heard you are amazing with them."

Ciel frowned as he licked his lips, "Theo wouldn't like it..."

Teddy folded his arms as he regarded Ciel with a raised brow, "Do I look like I care about Theo's feelings right now? Right when we are at war? Go! Move it. Be quick. We move out in five."

"Yes sir!" Ciel bowed swiftly as he sprinted up the steps towards his room.

His heart raced as he skidded into his room, slamming the door shut behind him. He slid under his bed, pulling out his metal trunk, turning the dials on the lock quickly. The lock clicked unlock, making Ciel's heart pound harder with nervous energy. He pulled the case open, his hands instinctively going for the items as he had practised so many times before with his father.

He loaded his guns, checking to make sure that they were well oiled and ready for use. He made sure to pack extra ammunition, as much as he can carry without being overwhelmed. He slid his knives into their slots, grinning as the familiar sensation of the cold metal warming up against his skin hit him. He pulled on the leather protective jacket that was tailored perfectly to his body, wrinkling his nose when he realised that he had grown slightly more muscular since his stay here.

He patted himself down, triple checking to make sure that everything was secured well so that they would not fall out in a fight or a run. Satisfied, Ciel closed the case, locking the rest of his items safely as he kicked the trunk under his bed again.

He gave his appearance a once over in the mirror, smirking as his inner wolf's excitement for the impending fight hit him. He was ready. He could do this. He was raised to do this well. He was going to prove Theo and rest of them that didn't trust him, that he was an asset to them, that they would regret not trusting and valuing him. After this mission, Ciel was going to turn his nose up against them as he walked out with vigour, back to his tribe.

He hurried out of the room, noting that he was right on time as he slid down the rails of the stairs instead of taking each step slowly. He landed athletically, startling several warriors who had been loitering nearby. They gave him a once over, looking impressed before Ciel gave them a wink and sprinted out the door to look for Teddy. He was overflowing with confidence as he recollected the trainings with his father.

He spotted Teddy immediately, having a conversation with Theo. Their instructor looked furious as they spoke, his hands folded firmly as Theo shook his head. Ciel wondered if they were talking about him. The noise surrounding them were too loud for him to properly pinpoint their words.

He ran towards them, looking at Theo with a passive expression when he spotted him, "I told you to stay in the house!" Theo made a move to grab Ciel, fully intending to drag him back and lock him up if he had to.

But he was interrupted by a shout. One of his patrols came barreling into view, "Theo! Drifters sighted in the woods coming from the East! The Alpha and his company will not make it there in time."

"We will have to fight." Theo responded immediately, nodding at the rest of his company before turning to give Ciel a dirty look, "Go back!"

Teddy stepped up between the pair, putting his hand against Theo's chest to hold him back, "Ciel fights with us. Stand down, boy. There are more important things for us to do."

Theo growled angrily as he narrowed his eyes at Ciel, "Stay out of the way. This is a real fight, you could get killed, Ciel. You don't know what you're doing!"

Ciel turn his chin up to Theo, "No, you don't know what you're doing. I am a great asset to this pack. You just didn't want to acknowledge it. Don't worry. If I die, just leave my corpse to rot. I don't expect you to have my back."

Theo huffed, turning away from Ciel when he realised that Ciel was adamant about being included in their mission and Teddy was serious in backing him up.

"I have your back, Ciel." Kai assured as he stepped up to Ciel.

Ciel braced himself as he turned to his friend, "No need." He spoke as he stared deadpanned at Kai.

He watched with satisfaction as Kai swallowed nervously, a look of guilt crossing his features. Ciel ignored his emotional turmoil as he watched the others shifting into their wolf forms. Kai seemed to hesitate for a moment, wanting to say more, but with a nudge from his brother, Kai fall into his wolf form, glancing at Ciel one more time before he lined up beside his brother in formation.

"Follow my lead. None of you act on your own, do you hear me?" Teddy commanded, his eyes training on Theo.

A chorus of affirmation rang out in the yard, driving Ciel's survival instincts.

Ciel's hand went to his gun, relieved that it was still there. He fiddled with his weapons once more to check them, before noticing that Theo was staring at him in his wolf form. Theo's eyes took in the protective gear that Ciel wore, and the concealed weapons he had tucked away strategically. He growled at Ciel who was still in human form, clearly disapproving that he was not going to fight in his wolf form.

Ciel breathed steadily as he spoke with a blank expression, "Mind your own business." He sidestepped the Alpha Successor as he lined up in formation beside another tracker. He fights best in this form. His wolf form was unfortunately too disadvantaged in a real fight.

It was a blur. It was as though he was on automatic mode on an arcade game as he ran towards trouble, instead of away, like he often did. Ciel braced himself as the group ran into the woods that he had grown familiar with, bounding towards the enemies that were sure to meet them halfway.

Ciel stepped gracefully and efficiently through the woods, effortlessly keeping up with a pack of wolves much larger than he was. His hand was around the grip of his gun, ready to unholster it to shoot at any of his enemies.

'We are werewolves! We use the strength that the moon goddess gave us. Guns are for the weak! For those who never learnt to embrace their wolves. Silver bullets can miss and you can hit our own!'

Theo's words rang out in his mind as he remembered the day Theo first saw him with his guns. He was going to prove Theo wrong. He was not weak. He will not miss. Theo can eat his own words. Choke on it and die maybe.

Teddy was leading the pack, Theo hot on his heels as the Alpha Successor.

Ciel wondered for a moment why Theo had not insisted that he was to lead the group. It seemed like the very thing he would do. He wasn't good at taking instructions from anyone of a lower rank than him. But Ciel remembered that Teddy was a very good fighter, selected specially for his talents to train and lead Theo and the other successors. Of course there was a certain amount of respect Theo would have for him.

They ran further into the woods, the group moving in a fan formation, their tails pointing straight out as they sank into hunting mode. Ciel felt the winds becoming more moist, indicating that they were fairly deep in the woods by now. He recognised some of the markings of their surroundings. His heart raced quicker as his body anticipated the fight.

An odd sensation suddenly overwhelmed his every pore and Ciel's hairs stood on its ends. His instincts screamed at him and Ciel broke formation despite Teddy's orders as he spun to his left instantly. He narrowed his eyes as he unholstered his gun, grounding himself steadily to aim into the mass of trees, sensing his party stop abruptly, before letting a bullet loose.

The sound of the bullet being launched out of the barrel of the gun as it sliced the air reverberated throughout the woods, startling the animals living in it. Ciel heard a pained growl from the direction he had shot in. He got them. One drifter down. They were going to ambush them.

Ciel pushed forward into the direction he had shot in, ignoring the nip at his thigh that was surely Theo as his group changed directions, moving towards the area he had shot in. He could sense six drifters already coming towards them, "Six." He breathed out as quietly as he could, knowing that his group could hear him easily. He pointed his gun into the woods again, aiming using only his intuition, squeezing the trigger when he felt he was sure that the bullet would connect into another body on the other end.

This time, snarls rang out from the direction he shot in, sounding much closer to them. They sounded angry. He had killed that one too. Two down.

Ciel growled inwardly when Theo moved in front of him, blocking his path, making his advance difficult, "Theo." He hissed, his eyes never leaving the woods in front of him. They were about to engage with the drifters face to face any time now, there were more of them, "Eleven." He whispered.

The sound of the drifters flying into view was intimidating to say the least. The sounds of their paws and their growls and snarls were thunderous. Ciel felt the hairs on the back of his neck and along his arms stand. He bit his lips hard, forcing himself to concentrate as he concealed his own fears.

The group engaged with the drifters as soon as they laid eyes on them. It was a flurry of teeth snapping, skins ripping. Ciel ignored the sounds, trusting his own training as he willed his body towards the targets that he was facing. With one hand, he shot the ones that he was confident of killing, hitting them at vital points, killing them quickly. With the other hand, Ciel slipped the knives he had on him, hurling them at the drifters that were entangled with his pack members.

Ciel did a quick stock check of his bullets as he hastily reloaded his gun, spinning around in mid air, landing a kick on the drifter that had charged at him. More drifters were coming at them, even with the numbers that had fallen, they were still engaged with fifteen of them. There were still no losses from the pack, thankfully.

Ciel stilled his beating heart, willing his inner wolf half the control that he had. He basked in the added instinct and senses his inner wolf offered. He caught the eye of a drifter lunging towards Kai who was ready to defend himself.

There was no need. Ciel aimed without a moment's hesitation, taking the shot with his powerful gun, the single silver bullet containing fast acting poison hitting the skull of the drifter, penetrating it. It fell with a yelp, dying within seconds.

Ciel bounced his body off the tree he was close to with a grunt, the recoil of his gun was strong enough to knock people back, especially someone of Ciel's size. But Ciel had been handling it since he was much younger. He had learnt to counter the knockback using his nimble body to his advantage. With the push from the balls of his feet, Ciel charged at another drifter, ignoring the appreciative nod that Kai and sent him.

Ciel was incredibly fast on his feet and hands, especially when he was put in a situation where he was forced to act instinctively. He may not have performed as well in training, but he executed his best moves when applied in reality, in life or death situations.

His keen hearing senses helped him to keep his surroundings in check. He knew where most of every one's positions were at. He turned to fling a knife at a drifter who had it's teeth sunk deep into the leg of one of the trackers. It provided the distraction Ciel needed. As the drifter released his grip on the tracker to turn to him, Ciel snarled as he shot a bullet from his gun, hitting the drifter between his eyes.

There were more of their pack members than there were drifters now. It looked and sounded like there were no more that would join them. Good news.

But Ciel knew that his pack members, although were all still alive, some were heavily injured. He himself could sense his body slowing down. They had to end it quick before their fatigue affected their fighting abilities fatally.

A shadow shifted behind him and Ciel reacted quickly. He spun around, noticing barely that the drifter was headed for Theo, who had his back against them, engaging with another drifter. Ciel forced his body to twist faster, his shoulder colliding with the drifter before it managed to take another step towards Theo.

Ciel's heart froze when he realised that his gun was not loaded. He grit his teeth, his body remembering the lessons he was taught by Teddy as he swung his leg out to kick at the drifter. It dodged his kick, regarding Ciel with a sort of smirk on his wolf face. Ciel's fingers grazed his belt as he expertly retrieved a bullet. He loaded the single shot into his gun as he sent the drifter stumbling back with a roundhouse kick simultaneously. He landed sprightly, using the momentum of the kick to face the drifter again on his toes. In a single breath, he aimed the shot at the drifter, baring his half transformed fangs as he took the shot.

The sound of the shot rang out in the otherwise quiet woods. They had all fallen. All the drifters. Ciel had taken the last one out.

Everyone in his pack was alive.

Ciel turned to Teddy, watching as Teddy nodded at him, already in his human form. There was blood everywhere. The carnage was a sight to behold. Ciel cringed when he felt his body beginning to regain its usual senses. His body ached everywhere. His injuries were considered small, but he had enough to make him wince.

Teddy's voice was solemn as he regarded the group, "Situation clear. Well done. Let's head back to report this. Assist your buddies."

Ciel watched as the group slowly shifted into their human forms, their wounds looking a lot more serious now that they were not covered in fur. The company helped one another, supporting those who had been hurt badly, especially in their legs. Ciel watched them cooperate and aid one another as they walked away from the enemy bodies that littered the floor. Thirty six in total.

Ciel swallowed his saliva as he watched Kai and Len held one another in a comforting hug, as though to confirm that they were safe and alive in each other's arms. Nathaniel gave Theo a nudge as they joined the others towards the pack house.

It was over. As quickly as it seemed to have started. Ciel's body ached as he felt the fatigue hitting him hard.

They were all returning to their home. But he didn't belong here.

He regarded the back view of his friends for several moments, his heart strangely cold and still, before he turned on his heels quietly, walking deeper into the woods. He didn't belong here.

As the sound of the ground crunching under his feet vibrated in his ears, he picked up the sound of another set of footsteps coming up behind him. He knew that gait well. He had been spending a whole year around that person after all. One whole year later and still he didn't have a place to stand beside him, among those people he thought were his friends.

"Ciel, where are you going?"

The very sound of his voice grated on Ciel's nerves. The nerve of that man to ask. He ignored Theo as he walked further into the woods in the direction of his tribe, where he belonged.

"Where are you going? The drifters could still be out there." Theo raised his voice at him as he sped up to catch up with Ciel.

Ciel scoffed inwardly. What a time for him to care. Theo would be much happier if he just dropped dead, no?

"Ciel!" Theo hissed as he caught up to Ciel, tugging at his arm roughly to make him turn around. Ciel winced at the pain that radiated through his body. Perhaps the adrenaline was running out and he was truly feeling the effects of his wounds. They were not that small after all.

Despite his pain, he fought against Theo's grip, "I'm going home." He grounded out, pushing at Theo's chest. He had half the mind to load his gun and point it in Theo's way. Perhaps he could conceal it as a drifter's attack.

Theo gripped at him harder and Ciel felt his strength weaken. He really needed to sit down and rest, his body was giving up on him. He was so tired. He was in so much pain.

"The pack house is the other way."

Ciel looked at Theo finally, a tired, vacant expression doned on his face, "I'm going home. To my tribe. Home, where I am with people who trusts me." It was a spite at Theo's previous words. Theo knew that. Ciel ripped his body away from Theo, stepping way swiftly when Theo tried to grab at him again.

Theo growled when his hands caught air, "Listen to me!"

Ciel shook his head as he blinked, "No. You are not my Alpha, you are definitely not my mate. I don't even know who you are to me. I do not have to listen to anything you have to say." He walked backwards for several steps, eyeing Theo as the Alpha Successor followed after him.

Theo stopped moving when he saw that Ciel was keeping his distance. He stared at Ciel anxiously, "Wait! Just wait. Are you going to defy the treaty then?" Ciel ignored Theo as he stepped back further, "I thought you were loyal to your tribe? I thought you would do anything to keep them safe? Are you going to break the treaty and let them fend for themselves?" Theo added quickly.

It was a ditch attempt to make Ciel stop. Ciel knew. Theo knew that his tribe was everything to him. For him to use his tribe to make threats was beneath Theo. He had cornered Ciel with the weakness that Ciel would do anything to protect. Ciel stopped mid-step, tears starting to fill his eyes as he felt how trapped he was in his own thoughts. He wanted the release of walking away to go back to his tribe, but if he did so, so selfishly, he was dooming his tribe. The conflicting feelings in him brew as he regarded Theo with caution.

Theo licked his lips as he watched Ciel stop moving, "Come back to the pack house." He took a step towards Ciel, stopping when Ciel started to speak.

"I am done with you. I am done with this pack. My home is with my tribe. You made that very clear all these while. Perhaps we both were too deluded to see that in the end, you don't want me or trust me, and you surely don't give a rat's ass about the treaty. So let me make it easier on you, I will leave." Ciel said, his chest hurting physically from his wounds, and emotionally from what he had said. He didn't belong here. That much, he was sure.

"Maybe I'm starting to see things differently." Theo said when he saw that Ciel shifted slightly away from him, "You're right, you are an asset to our pack. I have known for a while now, but I have not acknowledge it because of my pride. I have seen it again, today, while you fought. You are an asset, Ciel. I'm sorry, I did not admit it in my anger. In my haste, I have said things to hurt you. I apologise. I am sorry, Ciel. Don't do this. Don't walk away now. Come home. Come back to me."

Ciel's heart skipped a beat, as his eyes went wide and unblinking.

He had been so determined to go back to the tribe, to people who would trust him with their lives, to where he belonged. He was going to throw everything away, all the effort he had put in to build a relationship with the people in this pack. He was ready to surrender and say that he had tried his best and fail. But with one speech, Theo undid his determination swifter than he could breathe.

Theo took a step towards him and when Ciel didn't make a move, he took another, until he stood in front of Ciel, his hands reaching out tentatively as his hands palmed Ciel's cheeks, "I know you're hurt, you're tired. I am sorry. I will fix this. Come home." Theo whispered hoarsely, his own voice filled with emotions he could not explain.

Ciel's eyes fluttered shut, the tears in his eyes falling as the warmth from Theo's hands spread through his cheeks throughout his body. He was so tired. So tired of fighting. How long more was he expected to do this?

"Come home, Ciel."

Ciel sobbed, falling to his knees as the last of his strength seemed to sap from him. Theo caught him before his knees touched the ground. When Ciel didn't fight against his touch, the Alpha Successor hastily put his hands behind Ciel's knees, picking him up in his arms gingerly. Ciel buried his face into Theo's chest, crying without saying a word as Theo carried him back towards the twins and Nathaniel, who had been ordered to stay where they were left.

Theo carried the sobbing mess in his arms towards his friends. Kai was the first to notice them coming back. The younger twin stared at Ciel's crying form for several moments before he began to freak out.

"Are you hurt? What happened? Why are you crying?" Kai fussed as he tried to take a look at Ciel's face. But Ciel shook his head as he buried his face deeper into Theo's naked chest.

"Down- Let me down." Ciel whispered, stubbornly willing his tears to stop as he wiped at them angrily.

"What did you do to him!?" Nathaniel demanded as he tried to check Ciel for any injuries while Theo let the younger teen down from his arms.

Ciel shook his head, his body shaking as he felt Nathaniel prodding at his body. He caught Len's glance, looking away quickly when he remembered that Len had not come after him earlier. These people, these people where who pretended that they cared for him, they don't.

He had to stop misinterpreting their actions. They were not real. They didn't really care. Who are they to him? What are they doing to him? What is all this?

"You are hurt." Len announced, "You're bleeding."

Ciel resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Of course he was. Everyone was. They had just been engaged in a fatal fight with the drifters. He was practically covered in blood. He chose not to answer, instead concentrating on breathing steadily as pangs of hurt rolled like waves through his chest, making his inner wolf whine.

"I'll take him to the pack doctor. Are the rest of you hurt?" Theo asked as he grabbed Ciel by the elbow, guiding him slowly back towards the direction of the pack house. Ciel pulled his arm from Theo, who looked at him for a moment, before reaching out to grab his hand again.

Ciel stared at Theo's hand on his elbow, wishing he could burn that particular part of his arm off. Theo tugged at him gently, and Ciel allowed himself to be dragged back to the pack house. To his 'home', where he will never truly belong.

He glanced at the rest of the group. They were all alright, small wounds that have already began to heal. He might have the worst wounds amongst them.

But Ciel was not concerned about the damned wound he had on his leg, or the cut across his back. They would heal with time. He was more concerned for the tear in his heart that seemed impossible to heal.

  ∞

Thanks for the read! Tell me how you liked it! I love reading all your reactions!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 15.4K 50
Attention: NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS, I REPEAT, NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS or people who likes to correct mistakes. Sorry but it just ruins my fun to write...
341K 16.6K 58
(Completed MXM) In a kingdom of wolves, a prince dwells with an unappealing attitude and a way of distancing himself from anything that deals with 'l...
127K 5.4K 40
"I'd never like you...I could never fuck somebody like you." "Makes sense," Miguel snorts, entertained that Jacob would take it there, "Despite me b...
828K 26.2K 29
Rayn has always loved working on cars with his dad. When his Dad died in an accident, his world changed. His mom snapped and became abusive, but ment...