Light In The Darkness(Superna...

By HopeSparksEmbers

Ella Winchester is the youngest of the Winchester siblings. She grows up surrounded by the supernatural. Rais... More

The Beginning Part 1
Ella's Origins Part 1
Ella's Origins Part 2
Ella's Origins Part 3
Pilot Part 1
Pilot Part 2
Pilot Part 3
Pilot Part 4
Pilot Part 5
Pilot Part 6
Pilot Part 7
Pilot Part 8
Pilot Part 9
Wendigo Part 1
Wendigo Part 2
Wendigo Part 3
Wendigo Part 4
Wendigo Part 5
Wendigo Part 6
Wendigo Part 7
Wendigo Part 8
Dead In The Water 1
Dead In The Water 2
Dead In The Water 3
Dead In The Water 4
Dead In The Water 5
Dead In The Water 6
Dead In The Water7
Coming Clean
Phantom Traveler 1
Phantom Traveler 2
Phantom Traveler 3
Phantom Traveler 4
Phantom Traveler 5
Phantom Traveler 6
Phantom Traveler 7
Phantom Traveler 8
Bloody Mary 1
Bloody Mary 2
Bloody Mary 3
Bloody Mary 4
Bloody Mary 5
Bloody Mary 6
Bloody Mary 7
Bloody Mary 8
Bloody Mary 9
Bloody Mary 10
Skin 1
Skin 2
Skin 3
Skin 4
Skin 5
Skin 6
Skin 7
Skin 8
Hook Man 1
Hook Man 2
Hook Man 3
Hook Man 4
Hook Man 5
Hook Man 6
Hook Man 7
Hook Man 8
Hook Man 9
Hook Man 10
Hook Man 11
Bugs 1
Bugs 2
Bugs 3
Bugs 4
Bugs 5
Bugs 6
Bugs 7
Bugs 8
Bugs 9
Bugs 10
Home 1
Home 2
Home 4
Home 5
Home 6
Home 7
Home 8
Home 9
Home 10
Home 11
Home 12
Winchesters Keep Marchin' On
Asylum 1
Asylum 2
Asylum 3
Asylum 4
Asylum 5
Asylum 6
Asylum 7
Asylum 8
Asylum 9

Home 3

2.5K 84 13
By HopeSparksEmbers

As we drove to the auto repair shop where Dad used to work, I managed to devour my entire king size Hershey's bar. It gave me more than enough energy to continue to work on my latest drawing. Which was starting to look like my previous drawing of fire, except this time there were no letters in the center. I shrugged my shoulders and kept drawing until I felt the car stop. I looked out the window and noticed that Dean had parked across the street from a small auto repair shop with a big sign above the office entrance that said, 'Gunther's Auto Repair.' Dean turned around and looked at me with a serious expression on his face.
"El, you know the drill, stay close and don't touch anything."Dean warned while staring at me with his brow furrowed.

"Okay, yes sir, Dee."I chuckled while saluting him, because the delicious chocolate bar I devoured on the ride over was making me feel super hyper.

"All right, let's go."Dean said while opening his car door.

Then we all got out of the Impala and walked across the street to the auto shop. Dean and Sam entered first with me following closely behind them. We approached the front desk on the left side of the room where the receptionist was attentively typing on her computer. She had her long brunette hair up in a pony tail and was so focused on her work that she didn't even look up at us. Sam cleared his throat in an attempt to get her attention, but she just kept typing away. I noticed a bell on the edge of the desk and smirked while taking a step towards it. Then I hit the bell repeatedly until Dean grabbed my hand away from it, causing my fun to stop.

"That's enough, I told you not to touch anything..."Dean whispered, so only I could hear while letting go of my hand and glaring at me.

"Sorry, I was just tryin' to help."I replied innocently while looking up at Dean with a nervous smile. He just kept glaring at me, so I quickly took cover behind Sammy.

Suddenly I heard the receptionist say,"Sorry, didn't see ya come in, I'm Daisy, What can I help you with?"

I peaked out from behind Sam and was happy that Dean was preoccupied with talking to Daisy. I mean at least he wasn't glaring at me anymore.

"I'm officer Jagger and this is my partner officer Richards and we're here to talk to the owner."Dean responded while him and Sammy showed her their badges.

"You mean Mario? Is he in trouble?"She asked with a worried expression on her face while staring at my brothers as they put their badges away.

"No, we just need to ask him a few questions."Sam replied while trying to reassure her.

"Who's she? Is it take your kid to work day?"She said while staring at me with her eyebrow raised.

Dean shook his head and smiled while replying,"No, she's Charlie our intern."

"Oh wow, you look so young Charlie."Daisy said with her eyes open wide in shock.

"Thanks, I get that a lot, I guess my new moisturizer is really working, it did say it'd knock off a couple years."I responded with a big smile while rubbing my cheek with my hand.

"That's amazing."She said with a grin while staring at me. Then she got up from her desk and walked over to us.
"Now, if you three follow me I'll bring you to Mario."She said with a smile while motioning for us to follow her to a door that led to another part of the repair shop.

We followed her into the garage area where a couple cars were being worked on. She brought us over to the far right corner where there was an awesome white Ford Mustang that looked like it was from the early 60's. The hood was open and there was a man bent over working on the engine. From the looks of it I could tell he was replacing the old spark plugs. I guess I did manage to learn a thing or two after watching Dean work on his Baby so many times through the years.

"Mario."Daisy said while walking over to his side.

"Just a minute Daisy."Mario responded without even looking back at her as he continued to work on the car. Which kinda reminded me of the way Dean is when he works on the Impala.

"Mario, it's important, these... officers need to talk to you."Daisy said with a big emphasis on the word officers.

I guess that got his attention, because the next thing he did was quickly turn around. He stared at my brothers and I with his eyebrow raised. Then he walked towards us while wiping his hands on a blue towel he took out of his back pocket. Something about him seemed very familiar, almost like I seen him somewhere before, but I just couldn't figure out where.

He looking over at Daisy and smiled while saying,"Thanks."

"Sure, if you need me you know where to find me."She said while walking out of the garage and back to her desk in the office.

"Nice car."Dean said while pointing to the white Mustang Mario was just working on.

"Yeah, it belonged to my old man."He replied with a slight smile.

"Ford Mustang, 1965?"Dean asked while staring at the car.

"Yeah, and they don't make em' like this anymore."Mario answered with a grin while gesturing to his Mustang.

"No, they don't."Dean said in agreement while shaking his head with a smile on his face.

"What can I do for you?"Mario asked with his eyebrow raised while staring at Dean.

"Well, I'm officer Jagger, this is my partner officer Richards and our intern Charlie. We're investigating the disappearance of John Winchester."Dean explained while him and Sam showed Mario their badges.

"We just need you to answer a few questions."Sam said while looking over at Mario.

"Okay."He replied with a nod.

"So, you and John Winchester, you used to own this garage together?"Dean asked while looking at Mario with his brow furrowed.

"Yeah, we used to, a long time ago, matter of fact it must be, uh...twenty years since John disappeared, so why the cops interested all of a sudden?"He said while looking at us with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, we're re-opening some of our unsolved cases and the Winchester disappearance is one of em."Dean replied with out missing a beat. His lie was so convincing that if I were in Mario's shoes I would've believed Dean too.

"Oh, well, what do you wanna know about John?"Mario asked while looking at my brothers and I.

"Well, whatever you remember, you know, whatever sticks out in your mind."Dean responded in a serious tone.

"Well, he was a stubborn bastard, I remember that."He replied with a smirk.

"And, uh...whatever the game he hated to lose, you know? The whole Marine thing."Mario explained.

My brothers and I nodded in unison, because we all knew exactly what he was talking about.

"But, oh, he sure loved Mary, and doted on those kids, I remember he was so happy when he found out that him and Mary were gonna have another baby.... he was so sure it was gonna be girl."He said with a smile as he reminisce about the past.

"But, that was before the fire?"Sam asked, bringing Mario back to the present.

"That's right."Mario replied as his smile faded.

"He ever talk about that night?"Sam asked with a serious expression on his face.

Mario shook his head while replying,"No, not at first, I think he was in shock."

"Right, but eventually?"Sam asked while staring intently at Mario awaiting his answer.

My curiosity was killing me, so I impatiently blurted out,"What did he say about it?"

"Oh, he wasn't thinkin' straight, he said somethin' caused the fire that killed Mary and their unborn child."Mario replied with his brow furrowed.

"He ever say what did it?"Dean questioned while staring at him.

Mario shook his head and looked at Dean like he was nuts while saying,"Nothin' did it, it was an accident, an electrical short in the ceiling or walls or somethin'. I begged him to get some help, but..."

"But what?"I asked while staring at him wondering what he was gonna say next.

"Oh, he just got worse and worse."He replied with a sad expression on his face.

"How?"Dean asked while staring at Mario with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, he started reading these strange old books, he started going to see the palm reader in town."He explained while looking at my brothers and I.

"Palm reader? Uh, do you have a name?"Dean inquired as he tried to get more info out of him.

"No."Mario scoffed while shaking his head.

"Well thanks, we're gonna go now and let you get back to work."Sam said with a polite smile while looking at Mario.

"Come on."Dean said while walking towards exit with Sam following after him.
I started to follow them, but stopped in my tracks when I glanced back at Mario. It was seriously bothering me that I couldn't figure out where I had seen him before and then it finally clicked. The red hat, blue mechanics uniform and signature mustache why didn't I see this before? I now knew exactly why he looked so familiar. I had to ask him one question or it was gonna drive me nuts all day long. I glanced over at my brothers and watched as they went out the exit. Then I turned around and quickly walked over to Mario, who was back to work on his Mustang.

I put on a straight face and tapped his shoulder while trying to contain my excitement.
"What is it Daisy?"He questioned without turning away from his car.

"I'm not Daisy."I replied while shaking my head.
He turned around and looked down at me with an expression on his face that screamed what do you want now.

"Another question?"Mario asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Yeah Mario, a very important one."I responded while nodding my head.

"Okay, what is it?"He asked while intently staring at me; awaiting my very important question.

"Do you have a brother named Luigi?" I asked while trying my best to remain serious, because all I wanted to do was burst out into a laughing fit.

"What? No..."He responded with a confused expression on his face. Which only made me want to laugh even more. Right when I was about to let it all out my brothers appeared out of nowhere.

"Sorry about her she's still in training."Sam said while standing in front of me.

"Let's go now."Dean said in an annoyed tone while grabbing on to my arm and practically dragging me out of the shop.

Once we were outside I began laughing uncontrollably, while a very grumpy Dean continued to pull me towards the Impala. When we reached the car Dean and Sam stood in front of me with their brows furrowed.

Dean sighed in frustration and crossed his arms over his chest while glaring at me. I stopped laughing and bit my lip nervously while looking at him and Sammy.
"What do you think you were you doing, huh?"Dean asked while staring me down.

"Asking a very important question..."I anxiously replied while looking up at him, feeling like I was five years old again.

"Which was?"He questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Come on guys, he looked exactly like Mario from Super Mario Brothers."I responded with a slight grin.

"The video game?"Sam asked sounding confused with his brow furrowed while staring at me.

"Yeah, I just had to ask if he knew anyone named Luigi."I replied with a smirk.

"You only act like this when your hyper, see this is the reason why you should've got fruit instead candy back at the store."Sam explained sounding concerned.

"How much sugar did you have?"Dean asked with his eyebrow raised while staring at me.

"Just one..."I replied with a nervous grin while holding up my index finger.

"One what?"Dean asked with his brow furrowed.

"One King size Hershey's bar."Sam responded while shaking his head.

"Hey! Nobody likes a tattle tale Sammy."I said with a pout while crossing my arms over my chest.

"El, listen I understand that candy give you an energy boost, but you need to stay focused, okay?"Dean said in a serious tone while looking me right in the eyes.

"Okay Dee."I replied with a nod while looking up at him.

"Good, and since you're so energized let's put it to good use."Dean said with a smile.

"What do you have in mind?"I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"You'll see."He replied with a mischievous smirk, which looked like he was up to something.

"What's that suppose to mean? Why do you keep smiling like that?"I asked anxiously with a worried expression on my face wondering what he was gonna have me do.

"Just get in the car El."Dean said while opening the back door for me.

"Fine."I replied while getting into the car and buckling up.

After Dean shut my door he and Sam hopped in to the car. Then we drove a couple blocks down from the Auto repair shop. Dean parked next to a pay phone and got out of the car. Sam and I followed him over to the pay phone as he picked up the phone book while saying, "You should be happy El, I'm givin' you a very important job."

"Really, What is it?"I asked excitedly with a slight grin wondering what it was.

"Come here and hold this."Dean said motioning for me to come over to him and hold the phone book he had in his hands.

"Okay? Now what?"I asked curiously as he handed me the phone book.

"I want you to check the entire phone book for local palm readers."Dean replied with a smile while leaning against the Impala next to Sam.

"What?! Why me? This sounds like such a Sammy thing."I stated while holding up the phone book and looking over at Dean.

"Cause I asked you, especially since you've got so much energy."Dean said with chuckle which cause Sammy to laugh.

"Ha-ha very funny Dee."I said sarcastically while staring at him.

"I'm not joking, start searchin' Squirt."He said with a serious expression on his face.

"Fine, I will."I said in frustration while opening the phone book. Then I looked over at Dean and playfully stuck out my tongue, causing Sammy to chuckle.

"You're such an annoying little sister."Dean said with slight smile while staring at me.

"But ya still love me, my big annoying brother."I said with a big smirk. Which caused him and Sam to laugh.

Then I began flipping through the book until I stopped in the Psychics & Mediums section. Dean figured that maybe we could get lucky and find the Psychic that dad talked to back then.

"All right, so there are a few psychics and palm readers in town. There's someone named El Divino, that's a funny name."I said with a chuckle.

"What else?"Dean asked while looking over at me.

"There's uh.... the Mysterious Mister Fortinsky, Ha, another funny name, hey, I bet you he can do magic tricks, and is a big hit at kids birthday parties."I replied with a smirk.

"What else you got Ella?" Sam asked while walking over to me and looking down at the phone book in my hands.
"Uh, there's a Missouri Moseley...."I said while showing Sam by pointing to her advertisement in the phone book.

"Wait, wait Missouri Moseley?"Dean asked with his brow furrowed while staring at Sammy and I.

"Yeah, why?"I replied while looking at over him.

"That's a psychic?"Dean asked while grabbing Dad's journal out of the Impala.

"Yeah, I guess so."I responded with a nod.

"In Dad's journal...both of you come here, look at this."Dean said while waving Sam and I over so we could see what he had found in Dad's journal.

"First page, first sentence, read that."Dean said while handing Sam Dad's journal. I stood next to Sam and looked down at the page as Sam read it aloud,"I went to Missouri and I learned the truth."

"I always thought he meant the state."Dean said with a big grin while looking over at Sammy and I.

I pulled a blank piece of paper out of my journal and grabbed a pen from my bag in the backseat. Then I went back to the phone book and wrote down Missouri's address. Sam used his map and figured out that Missouri's place was only a couple blocks away, which seemed really convenient. We all piled into the Impala and drove straight for Missouri Moseley's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
366K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
275K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
127K 4.7K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...