Catching Genesis (Completed)

By Nikkireadw

Warning: CG has been published. The last ten chapters of this book have been taken down due to copyright reas... More

"Introduction" ahmm...rambling
Chapter I - Are you excited?
Chapter II - Worst Birthday Ever
Chapter III - Oh Joy, Retail Therapy
Chapter IV - Operation Pay Back
Chapter V - Operation Payback Phase 1
Chapter VI - Operation Payback Phase 2
Chapter VIII - "Let's Talk" Never Ends Well
Chapter IX - Where are the Hotties?
Chapter X - Anyone Ever Died of Embarrassment?
Chapter XI - Lycans Are Confusing
Chapter XII - Here Comes the Human
Chapter XIII - My Date Has Gone to the Wolves
Chapter XIV - Constantine
Chapter XV - My Erasthai
Chapter XVI - Cloud Nine and Crash Landing
Chapter XVII - Of Sweat Pants and Baggy Shirt
Chapter XVIII - Dinner Disaster
Chapter XIX - Call Me Juliet With Mad Ninja Skills
Chapter XX - Chunky Monkey?
Chapter XXI - How to Stay Out of The Spotlight
Chapter XXII - How Not to Piss Off a Lycan
Chapter XXIII - Shower Heads, I Love You
Chapter XXIV - The Birds And The Bees Talk
Chapter XXV - Totally Lickable!
Chapter XXVI - Grandpa is Coming to Town
Chapter XXVII - I'm a Bunny Cuddler, Fuzzy Slipper Wearer
Chapter XXVIII - If I Was a Tiny Hummingbird
Chapter XXIX - I Show You Mine, You Show Me Yours
Chapter XXX - How to Douse a Fire
Chapter XXXI - Will You Pose for Me?
Chapter XXXII - Seduction For Dummies
Chapter XXXIII - Flip Sip or Strip
Chapter XXXIV - Stupid Drunk Boys
Chapter XXXV - Vicious Bedsheet
Chapter XXXVI - Best Way to Wake up Ever
Chapter XXXVII - of Time and Space
Chapter XXXVIII - Not Cowering, Just Pouting
Chapter XXXIX - Stupid Royal Brat
Chapter XL - This One Uses The Front Door
Chapter XLI - The Heart Wants What It Wants
Chapter XLII - Too Much Thinking Hurts My Brain
Chapter XLIII - Miles and Miles of Mountains
Chapter XLIV - Tell Me Where it Hurts
Chapter XLV - The One Who Drives Me Crazy
Chapter XLVI - One Who Catches Her
Chapter XLVII - O Hungry One
Chapter XLVIII - This I Pledge to You
Chapter XLIX - Some Things Money Can't Buy
Chapter L - To Tame The Wild Beast
Chapter LI - All's Fair in Love and War
Chapter LII - Ring With The Heart and Crown
Just Another Rambling, Not A Chapter
Chapter LIII - Mature eyes, Immature Hearts
Chapter LIV - Ring With Hearts and Flowers
Chapter LV - One With the Ninja Power
Chapter LVI - I Can Smell Your Fear
Chapter LVII - One With The Pack
(Fighting Darius) Penny And Darius
(Trapping Quincy) Caspian and Quincy
Bonus Chapters

Chapter VII - Let Me Count the Ways

442K 19.3K 9.1K
By Nikkireadw

"So now, all you have to do is get yourself a boyfriend," states Penny like she's stating the weather.

"Yeah, as soon as you can tell me where to buy one at the Mall." I retort.

"Does it really matter to whom you loose your V card to?"

"Yes it does," Reese and I answer in unison.

We are currently in Reese's car on the way to school, arguing about phase 3 of our Operation Payback.

"You know what? I think we approach this one all wrong. We shouldn't rush you looking for a possible guy to loose your v card to. That's too much pressure. Mated or not, it should be with someone special," reasons Reese. "Revenge is not a good enough reason to loose your virginity for. It should be when you're ready." 

"I hate it when you make sense," complains Penny. "I so want that jerkface to taste his own medicine, but I think Reese is right," she sighs. "However, it wouldn't hurt to find you a boyfriend."

Reese is greeted by her mate, River as usual as soon as we get to school while Penny and I saunters in, gaining the attention of most males we pass by and some glares from the females.

Both Logan and Zeke didn't show up during English Lit. I feel both disappointed and relief at the same time. Disappointed because some stupid part of me still want to be around him. Relief because I don't have to fight the pull I have towards him whenever he's around. It's stressful, not to mention exhausting trying to fight the feeling.

Kevin, the buffed human boy shows up though. He sits beside me like yesterday and keeps glancing at me throughout the lesson. I try to avoid looking at him and pretend to be so fascinated with Shakespeare the whole period.

He manages to catch me after the class. He's waiting for me by the door when I exit the classroom.

"Genesis, can I talk to you for a minute?"he asks hopefully. 

"Yeah, okay..." I reply as he pulls me to the side, away from other students. I see Penny rushing out to her next class, probably thinking I'd already left.

"Would you go out with me, this Friday?"

Huh? "Uh...I'm flattered that you asked, but I'm sorry, Kevin. I can't." I hate saying no to people, but I'm not interested in him that way and it would be kindness not to lead him on.

"What about Saturday?"

"Uh...nope."

"Sunday?"

"No, sorry."

"Listen Genesis, I like you. I've liked you since the beginning of the school year, but you never looked at me."

"Uh, okay...thank you?" What do you say to somebody who's just confess to liking you when you don't share the same feeling?

"I know you like me from the way you smiled at me yesterday. You're shy, I get it." he observes, cockily.

Huh? What? "No, Kevin. I'm not shy. I just don't want to go out with you."

"Ahhh...you're playing hard to get. That's okay, I like that. You know I won't give up that easily. I'll work hard at winning your affection, my lady." He winks, then he walks away with a swagger and a smile like he's just won a lottery.

Wait! What? What had just happened?

I walk to my next class in a bit of a daze, still wondering what had just happened. He won't give up? What does that mean? Should I be worried?

"Kevin asked me out," I confess during lunch time.

"Kevin? Kevin who?" questions Penny, her fries suspends in mid-air, fails to reach her mouth.

"He's a human who sat on the other side of me yesterday, and again today in English lit?" How can she not know this. Duh.

"Well, we shouldn't discriminate. You definitely should go out with him." encourages Reese.

"But I'm not interested in him like that, I don't want to lead him on. Besides, I just smiled at him yesterday and he's convinced that I liked him. Imagine if I agree to go out with him...he might think we're getting married and have babies soon or something."

Reese, River and Penny seem to think that's funny. They start laughing like hyenas. 

Then Penny starts singing. "Genesis and Kevin sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love. Then comes marriage. Then comes baby..."

"Genesis, can I talk to you?" Logan Carrington cuts in, looking murderous.

Oh boy, it seems like he's been walking around with a frown these days.

I can feel my wolf Ezra getting excited and annoyed at the same time. That heavenly smell that only Logan Carrington carries is driving me and my wolf insane even when we're both are furious with him.

My three friends are staring daggers at Logan, but he returns their death glares with his own, which is quite impressive, given that he's the future alpha and all. Then he turns and walks away without a backward glance, expecting me to follow him. Wow, this seems familiar.

I reluctantly get to my feet.

"You know you don't have to go with him, right?" says River, looking miffed.

"You know if I didn't, he's just gonna get madder and comes back here and makes me go with him anyway, right?"

" I could kick him in the nut," mutters Reese heatedly.

Penny blows her bangs off her forehead. "I could cut off his nuts."

"Okay, enough talking about his nuts already," I interrupt. "See you guys soon. If I didn't make it, tell my parents I love them, and there's some money in my underwear drawer."

River's lips twitched and looks as if he has some lewd comments he wants to share, but I walk away quickly before he opens his mouth.

"Took you long enough," snaps Logan when I reach the oak tree where he rejected me over a week ago. 

"Who's Kevin?" he growls.

"Well, hello to you too, Mr Grumpy Pants!"

Logan stares at me for a good few seconds as if he's not sure what to make of me.

His sea blue eyes are just so gorgeous...Gosh, what am I thinking?

"That really is none of your business. So what's up?" I look away from his gaze. 

Despite all the pain that he put me through, he still gives me butterflies when he's near me. When he looks into my eyes, I get lost in his gaze. I hate that I'm feeling this way.

"That's not the way you should be talking to me, Genesis. Everything you do is my business. So, who's Kevin?" he sounds so possessive.

"Does it matter? Like I said, none of your business."

"Like I said, everything you do is my business. So, is he your boyfriend now?" 

"Why do you care? You're not my mate. You're nothing to me."

As soon as the words left my mouth, his lips slams on mine. I feel the roughness of the tree bark on my back as I'm being pushed against it. 

It takes me a few seconds to comprehend what's happening, but my body is already responding to his kiss and his touch. Ezra is close to the surface, taking some control. I feel the delicious sparks breaking all over my body as he leans in further, pushing his body flush against mine. Fireworks. Our bodies fit perfectly together. This is supposed to be wrong, but feels so right, right about now. It's impossible for me not to respond to his touch. 

My lips moving against his and his warm hand is touching, traveling up and down from the sides of my breasts, moving to grip my waist, down to my thighs, then up again. Another hand is in my hair, holding my head still for his onslaught. 

My hands move up to his neck, then move up some more to grip his hair. His tongue enters my mouth and our tongues glide against each other, tasting, teasing, dueling. He pulls back just to have his lips move across my jaw and down my neck, kissing, licking and biting. 

"Goddess...you smell so good," he groans, breathing in deeply before he latches onto the base of my neck and start sucking. The feel of his sharp canine against my skin suddenly brings me out of my lust filled haze. I push him roughly off me. The pain! No!

We're staring at each other, breathing hard and raggedly. Even now he looks so hot to me, lips red and swollen, his usually blue eyes, now dark and dangerous, golden hair in wild disarray. 

"You feel that? We're mates whether we like it or not." he barks out.

"No, you've rejected me. We're nothing. No, not mates." I deny.

"Well, too bad if you think that...but you're still mine. You're not going to see this Kevin guy, or any other guys." 

"No, you don't get to tell me what to do, and I'm not yours,"

"Look, here's the deal, sweetheart. I've changed my mind. I'd like to keep you...and I get to keep you since you're my true mate." he moves dangerously close again. "You. Are. Mine."

"I am not yours! Stay away from me," I yell as I run back into the building. 

I want to be with him, of course I do, but part of me and my wolf feels wary. We don't want to feel the pain that we felt that first time he rejected us. It was the most painful experience in my life.

I sit quietly on my seat and my friends look at me questioningly, but none of them say anything. I'm grateful for that. However, I've lost my appetite. I get up to throw away the half eaten sandwich and my eyes are drawn to the popular table. Mia is sitting on Logan's lap. They're eating each other's face again. All of those at the table are staring at me. Most with glee, but some with sympathy and a bit uneasy...like Hunter. Mia's eyes open to look at me and she smirks, taunting me, as she pulls Logan's mouth onto hers again. I feel Ezra's fury.

"Bitch!" spits Penny as she notices what I'm staring at.

Why is he doing this to me? Is it because I said no to him or has it been his plan all along?

Is it possible to break the already broken heart? The answer is yes. Not like I'm going to give them the satisfaction of knowing that. I force the tears down.

I flip my hair haughtily and sashay out of there with my three friends close behind me.

How do I reject thee? Let me count the ways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 131 20
"Why did you do it?" my voice is weak, made faint by tears. He smiles. "What will it take for you to realize," he presses a kiss to my forehead, "Th...
3.3K 189 26
Running. Escaping. My whole life had turned into a never-ending chase. A chase which the opponent had caught up to THIS VERY MOMENT. After I met HI...
2.2M 54.1K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
2.7K 79 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...