For The Hopeless Romantics |...

By forevsmnth

"i am nothing more than your best friend," "shut up," he commanded. "you are much more than that," "liar," "... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

2.2K 120 81
By forevsmnth

Chapter 3

I waved goodbye at Taehyung, while giving him a fabricated smile. He waved and smiled back, gesturing the call me hand gesture. I couldn't even think about Taehyung.

My dad however was flooding me with thoughts, very frightening thoughts. Tears unknowingly escaped my red and stinging eyes. I was petrified.

He was living happily with another woman, having no conscience even though he had his mind set for killing me.

I want to talk to him maturely so he is well aware that I'm not someone to be messed around with, that I'm worth something. No kidding, what am I worth?

Nothing can be as lowly and dreadful as me. I mean, both my parents abandoned me. My father, left me with another woman, and my mother nowhere to be seen even though she promised to come back for me. I sighed relentlessly, laying on my bed, staring at the stars I stuck ever so creatively on the ceiling.

"I can't take this anymore," I mumbled to myself as the tears rushed down to my neck.

In only a few more moments, I then found I was finding it a little difficult to breathe. I shut my eyes closed but I just couldn't get myself to sleep.

My mind was racing with thoughts, past experiences and what my future would be like — with no mum, dad and even possibly Taehyung. I turned to my side and opened my drawer. I grabbed my photo album and began examining them, my pathetic and loud sobs occupying the once silent atmosphere. I resembled a crazy physco girl, with messed up hair and tears streaming down my eyes like an uninterrupted stream. I looked like a bride whose groom didn't turn up to the wedding.

I don't want to lose you, Taehyung. You're my only hope now.

• • •

I spent my whole Saturday at home, watching K Dramas in my sweatpants and hair tied up in a messy bun. I quite enjoyed watching those but my mind, my thoughts still haunted my existence, disrupting the way in which I would enjoy what I was watching. However, in the morning, I woke up at around 4 in the morning to kick start some essays and folios so that I wouldn't struggle to finish them before the deadline. It was a really effective way to divert my mind's attention from the reality I was facing.

The following day, Sunday, I opened my pantry to find that I had no more food to eat. Groceries probably slipped off Nina's mind as she promised me yesterday she was going to do it. I didn't mind going to the supermarket, it would be a favour to both of us and I didn't want to burden Nina more than I already have.

I was walking through the aisle, pushing my trolley trying to look for the bread Nina and I both crave in the mornings.. That was when I heard some familiar voices coming from the other side.

I knew it was him. It was Taehyung.

He was with his music group called BTS. Jimin, Jungkook, Rapmon, Suga, J Hope and Jin all crowded into a circle with Taehyung in the middle.
I hid behind the shelf overhearing their conversation. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but my curiosity overwhelmed my decisions.

Curiosity killed the cat.

I was in awe when I overheard Jungkook say,

"So guys, are you ready for our flight on Tuesday?"

I felt my heart plummet as my eyes shot open in surprise. Were they leaving? Taehyung?

Adrenaline rushed through my veins and I knew I had to get out of here. I made a run for it. I tried sprint to the cashiers, pushing my trolley along with me.

Once I knew I was out of danger zone, I slowed my pace down, but to my surprise my trolly had bumped into a stand of tea boxes which were on sale.

Why am I so clumsy?

"What's that?" I heard Jin say. "Who's there?"

The ruckus certainly amplified itself enough to be heard by them.

I tried to arrange the tea boxes back into place but I was too late. They already saw me. Taehyung did too.

"Sana?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Is that you?"

I stood back up, straightening my posture and looked at him dead in the eyes. All of the BTS members were staring at me until they ran towards me, offering to help.

They approached me, helping me put the boxes back. in an organised manner. Coincidentally, Taehyung and I grabbed hold of the same box.

"I got it," He said, reassured with a smile.

Why didn't he mention it to me?

"I have to go," I said, bowing as a courtesy of respect. "Thanks for the help,"

Before I could leave to pay for my groceries, Taehyung grabbed hold of my wrist.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. His eyes were begging me to talk to him but I couldn't.

I slightly nodded but he held my wrist tighter.

"You're hurting me," I complained, trying to release his tightening grip on my wrist from his hands.

He released his grip when a girl voice emerged from the aisle, "Taehyung, I got the chocolate,"

She approached the boys and I and she was shocked to see me there, "Sana? What are you doing here?"

Her face showed innocent shock but deep inside, she wanted to start cursing at me being unintentionally here.

What else do you do at a grocery store, idiot. Hunt elephants?

Taehyung looked at me, waiting intently for my response.

"I—just umm, well.." I kept stuttering. I didn't know why I just couldn't say I needed to go buy some groceries.

Every single one of them raised their eyebrows at me, getting impatient and suspicious.

I pretended to look at my watch, "Oh I'm getting late for a date. I must be getting home to get ready,"

Great job Sana. Who would go out on a date with you? Who would believe that?

"Ah, a date," Rapmon said, nodding. "With who?"

"With an old friend from primary," I said proudly however the unsure look in my orbs can send off another message. "I have to get going, nice bumping into ya,"

Nice joke Sana. Very smooth.

I could feel Taehyung's eyes glaring at me as I walked to the counter, laying down of all my groceries neatly on the machine.

Crap.

I really did stuff up.

~•~

My eyes fluttered open the next morning and there was this strange aura in the atmosphere that creeped me out for two moments before I got my brain cells together.

Then, it hit me like a truck. I was late to school...

By one hour!

I jolted out of my bed and rushed to get changed.

Why didn't Nina wake me up?

I headed out with most of my buttons on my shirt done with strands of my hair sticking to my unpolished face. I bolted out of the door in hoped that I wouldn't miss the next bus.

You're on a roll, Sana.

As soon as the bus arrived at my school, I raced for my maths class. I pushed the door open but landed on my face first to the floor. Mrs Jing had also opened the door. I was welcomed into the class by my classmates viewing me as some kind of comedic act.

Well done again, Sana.

I took a seat after being lectured by Mrs Jing about being late. Oh and what's that? I also got a detention.

Panting, I made my way to my seat, ignoring everyone's eyes that looked at me. I saw Taehyung from the corner of my eye with his arms folded, looking outside. Pretending to look outside, I mean.

After maths class, Taehyung approached me holding his tray full of food he got from the cafeteria.

"Let's go sit somewhere," He implied, but more so seem like a command because he was not accepting a refusal for an answer. "I need to talk to you."

I knew this was it. He was going to tell me but I didn't want to hear it. I was already having a bad day. I was never late and the series of previous events all perfectly align in the fact that life is deciding to punish me for loving a man that cannot be mine.

I looked at him in the eye and said. "Sorry Taehyung, but I really just want to be alone right now." I smiled sadly.

He looked at me puzzledly, "What's up with you?"

I heavily sighed and walked the opposite direction, heading towards my locker. I opened it and got my book out to read, in attempts to kill some time. Then someone slammed it shut almost hitting me on the head.

"Taehyung!" I shrieked at him. "What the hell?"
I dropped my book and went to pick it up. But Taehyung inconveniently kicked it away with his feet.

"Mind telling me what's wrong?" He huffed out an angry breath.

"I just really want to read my book." I thought of some lame excuse to throw at him.

He was dumbfounded.

I escaped standing near him for another second and brushed my shoulder with his, picking up my book. I then continued walking straight, heading for the courtyard.

~•~

At lunch time, it came to my awareness that there was a fight going on in the oval. I didn't see much but I saw Taehyung shove Jin to the floor.

What the heck is going on today?

I watched the scene unfold for a few seconds and walked to the bathroom, shrugging what I saw off and pretending like nothing happened. It wasn't any of my business.

~•~

After school, I walked to the detention room holding my geography textbook. I really needed to revise as there were so many key terms and concepts to grasp before the big test next week. As I opened the door, I was greeted with Taehyung plastering a smirk on his face.

"So, I've been expecting you..." He said with his eyebrows raised and arms crossed over his chest.

Damn it.

"Hey hang on, did you and Jin set your fight up at lunch?" I creased my eyebrows into a line, trying to figure this all out.

"Maybe. Maybe not," He replied unbotheredly.

I went to a seat as far from him as possible. I could feel his burning glare from the corner of my eye.

Why is he doing this?

After detention, that long dreading hour, I left the school quite frankly.

That was before I felt someone grip onto my shirt and mouth, shoving me inside the storage cupboard. The cupboard was extremely dark and very dusty.

I started to cough as the dust particles danced inside my tongue and tried to open the door but I felt someone push my shoulder against the wall pinning me with two strong hands.

Then the someone flicked open the lights.

"Taehyung?" My voice was not surprised.  "What do you want? And can you not do that. I don't know what your kink is but you scare the light out of me when you shove me into cupboards and lockers. It's weird."

I tried pushing his shoulders, kicking him trying to set loose from his hands. I tried everything but failed miserably.

"Just hold on a sec." He whispered into my ear. "We need to talk."

I managed to cut lose from his hands after several attempts. I unlocked the door and power walked outside in the hallways. I turned around but I saw no one there. Maybe he gave up.

Maybe I was hallucinating.

I'm free.

Or so I thought as I came out of the school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1M 506K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
4M 161K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
17.5M 549K 37
"It's like he's a different breed of werewolf. Something... beyond us." • • • Adrienne Gage has spent her entire life being shunned and punished for...
4.1M 199K 101
✅ "We always long for the forbidden things." 𝐝𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥 ↯ ⚔︎ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙɪɴᴇᴅ ⚔︎ ...