Breaking Free

Von LonelinessAbides

Hey guys, I am Ruch and I am new to Wattpad. I binged on so many fanfics on here and now that I ran out of F... Mehr

Prologue
Character Sketch
Ch.1 - The Deal
Ch.3 - Her Tears
Ch.4 - The Farm
Ch.5 - Strength
Ch.6- The Drive
Surprise Gift!
Ch.7 - Darmiyaan
Ch.8 - Memories
Ch.9 - Married?
Ch.10 - RUN
Ch.11- Two Birds With One Stone
Ch.12 - The Unknown

Ch.2 - Waqt

648 29 8
Von LonelinessAbides

Back with another chapter! I am glad you guys are liking this FF....Thanks to all of you for voting, commenting and reading :) Keep the support flowing! :D

Ch.2:

A black audi pulls in front of the office.  "Mr.Mehta, welc..." Nina who was waiting for his arrival said when Mr.Mehta interrupted her,

"Not now Nina, I have some important work to attend, I must leave.  Pass this file to Dev and say sorry on my behalf."  Mr.Mehta went back and sat in his car.  He rolled down his window, "Be very careful, its important" he said looking at her.  "Lets go driver."

Nina stood in confusion.  Without a second thought she opened the blue file and scanned through the papers.  Her face went blank before changing to a devious smile.  "Isn't this very important to you Mister Dev? This is the file you insulted and threatened me for.  Bahot pachtaoge"  [You will regret] She thought to herself.  The phone she was fidgeting with for so long finally came to her use.  She searched her contacts a while before she stopped scrolling and pressed the green phone icon next to a name.  

"The merge between MM Industries and Cindel Group isn't going to be very beneficial for you."

"Who is this?"

"Leave all that. I called to say that if you want, this deal could be in your hands"

"Tumhare kehne ka matlab kya hain?" [what do you mean?]

"Just stop the merge between MM and Cindel, kaise bhi [anyhow], give me a price for this information and you will have all the quotes/deals Cindel has in its bag." 

"How can I believe you?"

"Mrs.Leela Rajvanshi, tomorrow at noon in Room 285 Highrise Hotel."  Saying this Nina cut the call.

"Find the owner of this number!" Leela exclaimed.

I said all this, but how do I get these papers away from Dev?He will not give me this file once he receives it. I have to do something. She thought.  An invisible bulb went off on top of her head, "COPIES!" She screamed.  

Nina rushed to go to the neighboring computer cafe, with extreme care walking in the 4 inch heels.  Before she could get on to the sidewalk, she felt a quick jerk on her ankle and THUDD! She was lying on the road, face flat.  She looked at the person annoyed.  A young girl wearing a pink salwar suit came forward, putting her hand out for her to reach.  "So sorry! Sorryy...my bag had fallen down that's why" The girl went on talking while Nina stole a glance at her own foot.  Her heels had gotten stuck in a random plastic bag, filled with tons of CDs.  She moved her foot a little but the bag stuck to her adamantly.

"Ek second main nikal deti hoon" [One sec, I will take it off] the girl moved from the side and the view now fully visible to Nina frightened her. 

"AHHHHH!" Nina curled up in a ball, with eyes closed tight and hands covering her ears.  The girl looked back to Nina and frowned.

"HEY!! You blind idiot! Can't you see! You A**" Navya screamed behind the driver.

"Nina madam, Nina madam!" She heard a guard say to the girl now lying unconscious on the road.  A bike had sped mercilessly over her leg.  "Poor girl....All your fault Navya...all this is because of you!   (Yup Veebha Anand is here!)  She rushed to the lady, kneeling down, trying to wake her up as the guard called the ambulance.

20 minutes later:

Navya picked up her things from the road, gathering her files.  "Once my work is done I will take hand-picked fruits myself and go meet her in the hospital God" She looked at the sky and prayed under her breath. 

"Hey you, where do you think you're going?" asked the guard.

"I have to go.  Thank you so much for your help!"  She was about to leave when the guard gripped her elbow and pulled her towards the big office.

"What are you doing, leave me. I said leave me!" She yelled in the guard's face.  

"How can I. You wounded our Nina maam and now you're going? Dev sir isn't going to leave you!"

"But listen, I didn't do anything. Her foot accidentally got wrapped in my bag and..." She tried to argue as he led her out of the elevator, into an office filled with cubicles and a giant glass room in the middle.  "Wow" she smiled at the big workplace.

"Dev Sir, Nina madam is in the hospital" the guard said in a small tone, as if showing pain.  Dev jerked up from the chair horrified.

"What do you mean?  What happened to her?  And where is the file?" Dev tensed up as he asked the guard.

"Sir it was because of this girl madam is in the hospital.  She is responsible for it.  She did all this"

Dev's gaze shifted from the guard to Navya, who felt frozen as he cast his eyes on her.  They seemed so cold and dead to her.  "What the hell did you do?!?" he questioned her. "Who are you and why did you do this?" he asked again with a meaner tone.

Navya came out of her trance as she heard the harsh voice.  "Listen..." she said with confidence looking him straight in the eyes "I didn't do anything to your Nina. I was quietly standing there with my stuff.  Don't know where she came from and bumped into my things. My poor CDs misfortune, they had to take such heavy weight on themselves.  Some CDs even broke into pieces, but did I say anything to your Nina? Did I say anything, tell me?" She turned between Dev and the guard as if waiting for one to answer her.

"To hell with your CDs woman!" Dev grabbed her elbow tightly spinning her towards him, eyes blazing with fire, "Who sent you here?"

Navya jerked his hand off and screamed "To hell with you! Do you even have any idea what my lovely CDs had to go through?What can I expect from someone like you? You don't even have enough decency and humanity.  Sitting here asking me useless questions.  Instead go and check on your Nina in the hospital first"

Navya bit her lip when she realized what she said.  "Too harsh" She thought and before he could open his mouth she began "sorry, sorry...I said a little too much.  You are  a good human. Maybe because of work you are so rude and snobbish. No problem, I don't mind."  Dev stood there dumbstruck at the girl's language and attitude of speaking to him.  She has no clue who I am does she?   "look, I didn't do anything, I came here for a job interview and I am getting really late for that.  I have to go. Here take these files.  They were in your Nina's hands. I am leaving." saying this Navya ran towards the door, opened it and was about to leave but decided to turn back and give one last word of assurance to Dev, "Don't worry, your Nina will be totally fine." 

"YOUU..." Dev could not complete his sentence as the girl rushed away.

"You are gone today Navya...Late on the job interview itself.  God will never forgive you" She saw 4 heads looking at her, probably because she talked to herself like a maniac.  "Be quick Navya...SHIT!" It struck her mind as she stood on the 2nd last step, "MY FILE!" she dashed back to the office and charged into the glass room without warning.

"Listen, I left my..." Navya said panting, trying to catch her breath.

"You're appointed"

"What?"

"From today, you, Miss Navya Naveli, are my secretary."

"But my interview is on the opposite side of the street. And as it is, I am applying for a tech Administrator job, not for a secretary." She tried to grab her file back from him.

"Because of you my PA is in the hospital. That' why, until she comes back, you are taking care of her work. Do you understand?" 

"What bullying is this. If I don't want to work here then I don't have to!" 

"Then pay the bill"

"What?" She asked confused

"Pay the hospital bill, which comes out to 2 lakhs.  Right here, right now."

"Have you gone crazy?  2 lakh!  Where do I get..."

"Then take the job"

"Fine!" She said suddenly.    

"It wouldn't be so bad would it. All I have to do anyway is just bring him coffee and files, that too only for 2-3 days."  " Navya thought and left from the room. 

"She has good potential and skills. Very advanced and knowledged for her age, especially with technology.  And I appreciate talent." "Take a look at her file sometime" Dev adviced Sanju who was standing there the whole time, watching the mini confrontation.  (Dev could see his past in her file, he only had talent with him, just the way the girl does now) "But that does not mean I will ignore all she has said so far" He said in his mind.

"Sir I had come in to say that Mr.Rana wants to meet you" Sanju said.

Dev's face softened "Send him in"

"Hello young man" Mr.Rana said

"Welcome sir"

"I need no welcome Dev, this is, or should I say was, my cabin for half my life." The 67 year old former CEO said.  "I heard you are going through a deal with MM Industries.  You should think about it a few times.  It is too early and risky to venture into such a small market.  This company is thriving very well on its on Dev, we do not need any support.  Don't rush into this."

"I know what I am doing sir.  This is the right time." Dev clarified

"Time...time" Mr. Rana repeated his word twice and again, as if he is unable to understand its meaning.

 "Years ago someone had said this to me, and today I am saying it to you.  Think about it"  Saying so Mr.Rana left, leaving behind a confused figure to ponder over his words. 

OK. Done with 2nd chapter...Its all about Dev and Navya i know, but i feel this was necessary for the upcoming scenes.  I will try to update this FF asap so that you guys are able to see and know all the characters.  Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Vote and comment below :)
-Ruch

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

10.8K 1.7K 15
"𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵 𝓫𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓫𝓸𝓭𝓲𝓮𝓼." Y...
3.3K 261 12
Four life's four people.... Two dead but other two's life used to revolve around them . What will happen when they will get to know how the one's who...
17.9K 1K 38
"That means you were the only one who destroyed my whole life!" She said to him with tears filled in her eyes. "You call other people heartless and...
1.5M 111K 80
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...