(EDITING) Under A Lonely Moon

By TanyaHasNoLife

Zak, a twenty year old boy, is forced to move out of his childhood home after his mother remarries. He moves... More

Hi All
Chapter One: Zak's POV
Chapter Two: Zak's POV
Chapter Three: Zak's POV
Chapter Four: Zak's POV
Chapter Five: Nova's POV
Chapter Six: Novas POV
Chapter Eight: Zaks POV
Chapter Nine: Split POV
Chapter Ten: Zaks POV
Chapter Eleven: Zaks POV
Chapter Twelve: Nova's POV
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty One
Part Twenty Two
Part Twenty Three
Part Twenty Four
Part Twenty Five
Part Twenty Six
Part Twenty Seven
Part Twenty Eight
Part Twenty Nine
Part Thirty
Part Thirty One
Part Thirty Two
Part Thirty Three
Part Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Part Thirty Six
Part Thirty Seven
Part Thirty Eight
Part Thirty Nine
Part Fourty

Chapter Seven: Novas POV

8.3K 342 8
By TanyaHasNoLife

I sat hunched up at the side of the bed in which Zak lay, staring blankly at the wooden floor. I'd lost count of how long I'd been sitting here, not moving from his side, not even for sleep. He looked like hell, his face ghostly white with little purple rings under his eyes. I longed for them to open. I longed to see those beautiful emerald eyes looking into mine, to see that sweet little smile he has when he's nervous.

The door to the room creaked open and Micky walked in holding a bowl of warm water and a towel. ''How is he?'' He asked softly, kneeling down beside me.

''No change," my voice was hoarse due to my dry throat.

Micky sighed and pulled back the blankets, exposing Zak's naked body wrapped in bandages, ''come on, help me clean and redress his wounds.''

I did as I was told. I winced as he removed he bandaging on his thigh, exposing a horrid scar that ran the length of it. I felt tears line my eyes but briskly wiped them away. Gently we cleaned and redressed his wounds between us before tucking him back under the blankets. I kissed his forehead, feeling his feverish skin hot against my lips.

''Nova, you need to come eat. This isn't a request anymore, it's an order.'' He growled as I opened my mouth to protest. ''It's been three days already. What good are you doing up here starving yourself?'' Micky grabbed my wrist and looked sternly into my eyes.

I knew he had a point but I didn't want to leave Zak. As if reading my mind he said gently, ''Zak is strong. He's made it through the worst part all he has to do is rest up and he'll be fine. Don't worry.'' He smiled softly and I let him lead me down the stairs and into the kitchen where a table full of food was awaiting.

I ate my fill quickly, knowing the faster I'm done here the faster I can go back to Zak's side.

''Nova slow down, you'll choke." Micky said settling in the chair opposite. ''How are you feeling?''

I had already told him how I felt about Zak and he had accepted it but he had expressed his opinion about how the other pack members might feel. My father is the Packs alpha and although he was very accepting of certain things I'm not sure the entire pack felt the same way. I was also the Alpha, but I still had a bit more training before my father let me lead the pack completely on my own.

''I feel numb" I said. This was the only word I could think of that best described he emptiness that I felt. ''I-I just want him to wake up. Just so I know he's ok. This waiting is killing me. I keep thinking what I'd do if he doesn't wake up." I trailed off, battling to get the words past the lump in my throat.

Micky looked at me softly, reaching out a hand he patted mine which lay by the side of my empty plate. "He'll be fine. Sore for a while, but fine." He took a swig of his coffee, ''he's a strong one Nova. Cute as a button too." Micky winked playfully at me making me smile.

''Thats better.'' He laughed. ''Go on" he nodded his head towards the stairs, ''I can see your itching to go.''

He winked at me once more making me chuckle, ''thanks,'' I said before slipping back upstairs.

I pushed open the door slowly and peeked in. My heart dropped when I saw that he was still asleep. I settled back into my position on the floor and put my sore head on my knees, sighing deeply. Night soon fell once more and I winced as I got up, my body aching and legs stiff from sitting still for too long. I drew the curtains after taking a good look at the nights sky. The half moon hadn't risen to its fullest height yet and lay tilted in the starless sky. Finally drawing them I turned back to Zak. My eyes widened in shock as his emerald eyes gazed up at me from where he lay, his body visible in the soft glow from the small lamp across the room.

''Z-Zak!'' I bolted to his side as he looked at me dazed and confused. ''How you feeling kid?'' I placed a hand on his forehead. He was still a bit feverish.

''N-ov-a,'' he croaked.

''Hang on a minute I'll get you some water." I ran full pelt down the stairs, missing more than half of them and raced into the kitchen, startling Micky who almost split his coffee.

''He's awake!'' I huffed grabbing a bottle out of the fridge before racing back up the stairs with Micky close behind.

''Here you are little one." I said, slightly out of breath and far too excited. I gently lifted his head and placed the bottle to his dry, cracked lips. He drank deeply, some spilling down his chin.

''W-what happened?'' He rasped, his voice still a little hoarse.

I shook my head, he didn't need to know this now, ''I'll tell you later. How are you feeling?''

He looked up at me, his emerald eyes glistening, tears spilling over onto his cheeks, ''everything hurts." He sobbed.

I knelt down beside him gently using my thumb to wipe away the tears that rolled down his pale cheeks. ''Sshh baby, it'll go soon. Trust me." I whispered planting a kiss on his feverish forehead. ''Want me to get you a little something to eat?''

''N-no thank y-ou." He winced at the pain it caused him to say these few words.

''Thankfully your ribs aren't broken, just bruised.'' Micky's soft voice made me jump, starling Zak slightly too. I forgot he was here. ''Unfortunately your leg is broken and quite badly at that, so I'd recommend no moving until I can put a cast on it for you.'' He said firmly smiling down at Zak.

He smiled weakly. ''W-where are we?''

''Micky's house. You've been sound asleep for three days, almost four." I said absently stroking his damp black curls.

''Nova,'' he trailed off.

I looked into his tired eyes. He had a couple questions on his mind but I think he was scared to ask.

''What is it kid?'' I soothed.

''I-it doesn't m-matter.'' He looked nervous.

''Go on, you can ask me anything you like?'' I was a bit nervous myself now. I thought he might ask about me shifting into a wolf. It scared me a little to think about how he'd react. Would he accept me or reject me?

''N-no you'll g-get mad." He stammered.

''I won't I promise.'' I twisted a strand of his hair between my fingers, trying to plan how I was going to explain it when he asked.

He looked uncertain so I smiled encouragingly.

''Did you really k-kill s-someone?'' His eyes looked at me a little afraid.

This question startled me and I certainly wasn't expecting it. I heard Micky move behind me.

''Where did you hear that?'' He said a little sharp, causing Zak to flinch in fright and groan in pain.

''D-Derek said it w-when I was with h-him.'' Zak stuttered.

I sighed. It was better if I just told him this one otherwise he'd become even more afraid. ''I didn't kill her with my own hands but I was the cause of her dying.'' I said sadly recalling the painful memory. ''Long story short, our house was attacked by some bad people and she died protecting my stupid ass. I was young and didn't think about the consequences before I did something and this was one of those times where the consequences were extremely bad.''

''S-sorry I-I didn't mean to cause you p-pain." Zak said slowly lifting his hand to my head, running his fingers through my hair. It caused him pain but he carried on anyway. Then he looked a little confused, my heart stopped, thinking he'd question me about my other form. I hadn't prepared anything yet but it turned out I didn't need to because he pushed it aside and smiled sweetly up at me.

He was too sweet it made my heart flutter. ''No moving.'' I chuckled and took his hand in mine, kissing the palm as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

Micky, feeling awkward, coughed bringing us out of our little world. ''Get some more rest Zak, I'll bring you up some food in the morning okay.'' He smiled gently saying goodnight before leaving the room.

Zak stifled a yawn and I smiled at him. My little one was here with me. This thought alone was enough to warm my heart. I was so happy. ''Scoot over, lemme get in there.'' I smiled and carefully climbed over him, settling down behind him. I placed an arm carefully across his chest, avoiding his stomach not wanting to cause him anymore pain.

He snuggled into me and I smiled. I watched him for a while as he slept, seeming to be more at ease now than he did before, before I fell asleep with him in my arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 34K 32
| REWRITE OF ORIGINAL TORN BOOK | Omega Berlin adores his mate and Alpha of his pack, Max. And Max loves Berlin. But sooner than later, Max is gone...
266K 9.5K 38
A young man caught between finding out who is he and the fear of another wolf pack. Only to find out that something else keeps him in place. Lost fam...
Silver / | By Black cat

Mystery / Thriller

221 72 36
They're both trying to find their way through life, and both trying to let go of their pasts and become their own people. But, of course, they face c...
4.1K 264 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...