Immortal Ascension Tower - Bo...

By TheCookieMobster

***Note Well*** This book shall, from the first volume on, be uploaded at @theonionjunktion! What does this m... More

Book 1: Reborn - Part 1: The Child And The Dragon - Prologue - Edited
(Old Version) Book 1 - Reborn: Prologue - I Have Returned
Chapter 1 - The Dirty Eight Years Old Boy - Edited
Chapter 2 - Goldy Your Grandfather! - Edited
Chapter 3 - Bloody Message - Edited
Chapter 4 - Twin Stars - Edited
Chapter 5 - Third Protector Lao Jianghu - Edited
Chapter 6 - He Can See Me? - Edited
Chapter 7 - Big Brother Shows The Way
Chapter 8 - Pseudo-Advanced Stage
Chapter 9 - I Am The Master Of This Tower
Chapter 10 - (Title At The End)
Chapter 11 - Truly, Sowing Bad Karma
Chapter 12 - Two Martial Ways!
Chapter 13 - Dao Enlightenment!
Chapter 14 - Blame The Heavens, To Have Weaved Such A Terrible Destiny For You!
Chapter 15 - Entering Secluded Meditation
Chapter 16 - The Blue Robed Night Challenger
Chapter 17 - Do What You Want With Her!
Chapter 18 - (Title At The End)
Chapter 19 - Follow Me And Live, Become My, No, Our Enemy And Die!
Chapter 20 - Triumph Over The Older Generation
Book 1: Reborn - Part 1: The Child And The Dragon - Epilogue: What Is My Name
Book 1:Reborn - Part 2: The Gears Slowly Start To Move - Prologue - The Plan
Chapter 21 - A Month Has Passed
Chapter 22 - External Aura Manipulation
Chapter 23 - The Exam Begins!
Chapter 24 - Meeting A New Family
Chapter 25 - A Traitor!
Chapter 26 - The Beast Residing In The Second Floor: The Roc
Chapter 27 - Catacomb's Death Game
Chapter 28 - The Traitor Is Revealed...
Chapter 29 - (Title At The End)
Chapter 30 - Rivers Of Blood, Cries Of Pain
Chapter 31 - A Monster!
Chapter 32 - Turning Into Trash
Chapter 33 - You Are No Brother Of Mine!
Chapter 34 - Brother
Chapter 35 - Three Factions
Chapter 36 - If Only It Had Been Different...
Chapter 37 - Opening The Third Floor!
Chapter 38 - The Divine Earth King's Blessing
Chapter 39 - Devil!
Chapter 40 - In All But Blood
Book 1: Reborn - Part 2: The Gears Slowly Start To Move - Epilogue
Book 1: Reborn - Part 3: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Prologue
Chapter 41 - The Sect Protectors
Chapter 42 - I Have Found Someone Worthy...
Chapter 43 - A Crimson Blur
Chapter 44 - Who Am I...
Chapter 45 - Soul Crystal
Chapter 46 - Martial Sister
Chapter 47 - A True Cultivator
Chapter 48 - Threads And Golden Light
Chapter 49 - I Am Sorry
Chapter 50 - Aura Tiger
Chapter 51 - Ten Demons
Chapter 52 - Wrath
Chapter 53 - An Extra Dagger
Chapter 54 - A Golden Tempest To Steal Life, A Golden Blade To Deliver Death
Chapter 55 - Sixth Leviathan, Megalodon
Chapter 56 - If You Hurry Down A Steep Path You Are Bound To Fall...
Chapter 57 - Newfound Power
Chapter 58 - Aster and Iris
Chapter 59 - Once And For All!
Chapter 60 - Slaying The Dragon
Chapter 61 - Path Towards Calamity 1
Chapter 62 - Path Towards Calamity 2
Chapter 63 - The Best Gift
Chapter 64 - A Flame of Reminiscience
Chapter 65 - Ren Hong
Chapter 66 - An Empty Name
Chapter 67 - A Warm Yet Painful Smile
Chapter 68 - In Need Of A Miracle
Chapter 69 - Title At The End
Chapter 70 - You Are...
Chapter 72 - Jin FengHuang
Chapter 73 - You... Do You Consider My Choice Foolish?
Chapter 74 - Dangers Lurking Within The Sect
Chapter 75 - Stalemate
Book 1: Reborn! - Part 3: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Epilogue
Afterword!

Chapter 71 - The Will Of The Sovereign!

595 36 0
By TheCookieMobster

As Cheng Hao floated in midair: surrounded by the golden breeze, his robes and hair fluttering, his eyes golden and the bright symbol for Soul glowing on his forehead, Cheng Hao resembled what an emperor amongst the gods should be like!

He opened his mouth, and five voices imposed each other: they were the voice of a young child, of a boy, of a middle aged man, of an old man and of a man muttering his last breath.

Each of them exuded incredible pressure but, the most extraordinary thing was that each of these voices apparently belonged to Cheng Hao! His past, his present and his future self all spoke together, making the whole world tremble from their might!

"We Art The Lord. We Art Thou's Sovereign. Art Thou Our Friend? We Shalt Free Thou Of Fate's Chains!" The golden eyed Cheng Hao spread open his arms as if he was embracing the whole world within. He closed his eyes and his whole appearance was that of a benevolent deity showing the way to the weak mortals.

Then his eyes opened and they burned with anger "Art Thee Our Enemy? Dost Thee Dare Go Against Our Will? The Will That Burns So Bright That It Support The Mountain?"

His eyes glowed even brighter, and a green glow also appeared within its pupils "No! Wether Thee Art A God Or Devil, Life Or Death, Thee Dost Not Dare!"

Cheng Hao clenched his fists and then spoke, his voice reverberating in each person's mind like thunder. They knew that the words that were about to be spoken were going to shake the world!

"No... Thou Dost Not! Because Ours Is..."

Cheng Hao's golden eyes shone with dazzling golden light while the character Líng on his forehead seemed to catch fire as it transformed into a flaming crown of white and golden flames.

"... THE WILL OF THE SOVEREIGN!!!!!"

As soon as these words came out of the child's mouth, the character for Soul 灵 glowed even brighter and soon, the whole world became a world of light, in the middle of it all being Cheng Hao himself!.

The air then seemed to crack open as the figure of Yin Hei reappeared in that ocean of light, his expression one of intense terror.

"This... What is this?" He muttered as his eyes blankly stared ahead: he could feel Cheng Hao's presence everywhere in that blinding golden light.

He could feel the boy's Will everywhere and he felt... That if that Will were to command this world to shatter, it would do so immediately!

"This is... Too monstrous... How could something like this possibly exist?" He trembled and tears even began to streak down his cheeks "Why? Everything was perfect, then YOU came and ruined everything! Why! Why! WHY!" Yin Hei yelled in despair.

The child coldly turned to look at the figure crawling on the ground, crying his heart out. He pointed at him and then spoke, his voice extremely domineering "There will be no eternal rest for people like you. All that awaits is... Nothingness! You shall not enter reincarnation!"

Those words seemed to carry some kind of law as the land shuddered. Then it shook nine times, leaving behind nine afterimages!

Eight worlds and a single figure, Yin Hei's, appeared. The eight worlds then mended back together while the figure floated there into nothingness until... it faded away into the darkness!

Yin Hei's eyes became blank and he felt himself getting separated from his surroundings, as if he was only there as an illusion... As if he was in another plane of existence altogether!

"What... Is this? No! I don't want to disappear! No! You bastard! I will kill you! I WILL KILL YOU!"

Yin Hei roared as the space surrounding him began to shatter. He then palmed his forehead and spat out a total of ten drops of silvery blood: Life Blood!

Yin Hei yelled in despair as he felt his body beginning to crack and wither, but he had long since lost all reason and his body had long since grown numb to the pain. Gritting his teeth, he made a hand seal and the ten drops flew into his forehead and entered his sea of consciousness.

There, they began to shine with blinding red light, like ten silvery supernovas. The red light blended with the silver glow and turned into a red, silvery light which was so bright that everything in the gigantic empty space that was his sea of consciousness was clad in it.

As that happened inside him, Yin Hei roared loudly and his eyes shone with the same silvery red light: his body swelled up in size as his pressure also rose indefinitely!

Soon, cracks appeared surrounding him, as if this plane couldn't possibly hold this much power within and was rejecting him. Each of these cracks emitted what seemed to be infinite pressure: if one were to step in them, he would die!

Still, that did not frighten Yin Hei at all as he kept absorbing the power from the ten scarlet suns in his consciousness. His cultivation rose nonstop: it soon reached from the infant level of the Saintly stage, the low, base, mid, high and peak level before directly breaking through once again into the Empiric stage!

This kind of power was one that could shake all, the might of a King, an Emperor amongst the mortals! Yin Hei gritted his teeth and clenched his fist "More... More... More!"

As soon as he did that, his cultivation climbed up once again and only stopped once it reached the low level of the stage, as if it had met an unsurmountable wall.

Yin Hei's features twisted as he cursed "Damn! So this is all I can do with this body of mine! That accursed Cheng Hao... It is all his fault!" His eyes burned red "I am definitely going to obliterate you!"

Cheng Hao looked on coldly and then spoke once more "I did not grant permission to absorb the power of this plane, Being that calls himself Yin Hei..." these words echoed in the human-form dragon's mind.

The man's figure trembled as he felt cold shivers running down his spine.

The golden eyes boy stared down on him imposingly before smiling amiably "You should have just asked! Here is more! Consider it a gift on my part!"

The boy smirked, his pair of golden eyes that had looked so gracious and beautiful up until now seemed to turn into the devil's eyes as he pointed at Yin Hei.

The man shuddered as he felt great amounts of Qi rushing towards him. One should be happy for such an occasion, but at the moment Yin Hei's expression was twisted as he yelled in despair"... no! No! NO!"

The man's body swelled as countless strands of Qi entered his body. His cultivation rose even more: it soon broke through the base level Empiric stage and then proceeded to continuously breakthrough various levels.

It was when it reached the peak Empiric stage though, that shi* went down.

The space around Yin Hei that had been under constant stress until that moment suddenly... gave out!

It shattered and, as it collapsed, terrifying rifts appeared, the seemingly infinite pressure that came out from each of them seemed able to collapse everything that they swallowed!

Countless of these appeared, surrounding Yin Hei's body. Soon, one of his limbs was caught into one of the gaping holes in the fabrics of space...

"Yaaaaaargh!" The man yelled as the arm disintegrated into nothingness, devoured by the spatial rifts!

Soon, he lost one of his legs. Then came his other arm, his tail, his wings... Yin Hei cried as he desperately attempted to run away from the jaws of the spatial rifts, but he could only watch as his body got eaten and disappeared bit by bit.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!" He screamed as he dodged to the right with his remaining leg: as soon as he did that, another gaping hole in the fabrics of space appeared on the spot he stood a few fractions of a breath ago.

Suddenly, the man's eyes lit up as he saw an opening in the spatial rifts in front of him: it led straight towards Cheng Hao!

A vicious idea formed into the man's mind and he didn't wait anymore before putting it into practice. He kicked off the ground and dashed straight towards the golden eyed child...

Note: Sorry about the short chapter. I usually try my best to make them at the very least 1500 words long, but the came out about a hundred words short.

>_<"

I  hope you will forgive me this once, it won't-
...
Well, I can't say wether it won't happen again or not, but I'll do my best (Focusing on NOT making it happen again of course!)

As I said before, just a few more chapters left to the end of part 3... And a well-deserved break, if I may! High schoolers also need to rest sometimes, you know?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.4K 40
Both were complete strangers. One wants to become powerful and domineering in life. While other wants a simple one... They don't have any differenc...
375 60 11
During the 16th Century, Chang Kai returned from his service in the military to his small hometown in eastern China. There, he was dictated by societ...
197K 5.7K 62
Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting this story. Changes, whether they are bi...
14.8K 1.1K 89
Falling in love is a helpless, involuntary action. Tea Novell did not ask to fall in love with the playboy Landon, nor did she ask to be visited by a...