In my best friend's Wedding...

By perilous_smile

No, it's not what you are thinking..... I don't suddenly realise that I love my best friend when I get the ne... More

Chappie 1 : The Most Awkward moment of the century
Chappie 2: Meeting the bride in the most unconventional way
chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother
chappie 4: making new friends and an Enemy
Chappie 5: Meal For Meal
Chappie 6: Surprise Surprise
Chappie 7: Playing Cupid has its Price
chappie 8: A day with the Devil; part 1
Chappie 9: A day with the devil part 2
Chappie11: Ooops I forgot!!!
EDWARD'S P.O.V
chappie 12: The Unexpected
Chappie 13: An unwelcomed visitor
Chappie 14 : Turn of events
Chappie 15: Guilt and Confrontations
Chappie 16: Taking it out on neighbours
Chappie 17: Drunken haze
Chappie 18: Situation Red Alert

Chappie 10: Revenge time

783 19 8
By perilous_smile

 Dedicated to one of the best writers in wattpad and my favourite too... @romolavinia91... I loveher books and stay up at nights to read them..again and again..

 ****************************************************************

Elena

I turned the knob of my front door as I wanted to get away from Luke.  The day has been too much to take in already. At first he shows up at the boutique and tortures me to wear innumerable dresses, then he literally attacked me on the couch. I don’t understand what this guy wants with me.

But it was fun watching his world come crashing down when I stepped on the bike. I bet he never expected it, nobody would. Nobody knew my past when I was 16 years. Nobody knew what happened back then to my daredevil teenage life. Nobody except John.

“I’ll come after two hours to pick you up” his voice brings me back from my reverie.

Oh creepy crap!

I had forgotten about our deal. I was too tired to respond anything to him. Seriously even Elena White had non-witty moments and this was one of it. So I drop the urge to reply and give him a slight nod.

“So, now you’ve become dumb also? Not that I didn’t know you were dumb but at least you had a voice sometime back” he replies.

I turn and look at him grinning smugly at me.

Oh God! What sin did I commit? Why am I getting bullied by this guy? I’ve already passed my high school….

I smile at him weakly and tell him what he wanted to hear.

“I’ll be waiting.”

I enter the living room and immediately I’m attacked by an over-enthusiastic and over joyed Nathan. He was going on thanking me and following me.

Wait, what did I do for him?

“Oh you won’t believe Chloe also wanted to spend the day with me and so she conveyed her thanx to you”   he said out of breath.

Oh yeah, I remember, I arranged a sneak out for the future couple to be. Cupid me!

Nathan was going on and on rambling about what he and Chloe did that day and I clearly blocked him out. I started feeling my headache coming slowly. I rush to my room and lock in fear that Nate would follow me till here and eat my head.

I’m welcomed by the warmth and purple of my room as I walk to my bed .I feel so exhausted that I jump into it with my shoes on. My body was tired and I resolved to sleep a little. There was nothing more important than my sleep. Given an opportunity I could become the Rip van Winkle of this generation. I love sleeping that much. But then I guess who doesn’t?

I’m almost in my sweet slumber when my phone starts beeping.

“Give me a break, will ya!”I yell and grudgingly pick up the call.

“Damn you girl, where have you been all day?” Olivia’s squeaks from the other end before I can manage to say a courteous hello.

“Been busy” I say shortly so that I can go back to my sleep.

“Listen, Jessica has planned a girl’s night at her place and wants you to come ASAP.” Olivia goes on.

“What? Did she forget she told me and Luke to go fix a DJ? How does she expect me to be in two places?” I say rubbing my forehead.

There is a little shuffling on the other side after which I hear Jessica’s voice.

“Hey El. So you and Luke going to some DJ?” she asks to the point.

“Yeah, I guess I have no other option” I reply, my sleep calling me back.

“But why????”She questions.

Seriously? No comments.

“Cause you told him so...”I try not to be sarcastic, after all she is the bride.

“Honey I’m so sorry but I never said that to him. In fact I told him to cancel” jess replied.

Sleep vanishes from my eyes as I realize what Luke has done.

“What the….”I shout and get up.

“What?” Jess inquires.

“That bastard! I’m not gonna leave him” I mutter.

My brain makes up a real quick evil plan to get back to this guy and I grinned widely. If I could see myself now then I must behaving the evil purple devil emoticon look. Okay. It’s just for imagination sake.

“Hey Jess, put on the speakers, I’ve got a plan” and my grin widened.

I could be in a toothpaste advertisement for my smile.

Wonder if I should give it a serious thought

********************************************

I wore my most seductive short black dress with a little sequence over it. I let my long hair flow down and gave extra bounce to my curls. With my high heeled boots and red lipstick, I was confident that my plan would be successful.

The doorbell rang and I went downstairs taking all the time of the world.

The guy was very punctual I must say.

The doorbell rang many more times till I reached the door.

Let’s add impatient to the list of his qualities too, apart from arrogant, jerk, unbearable, etc. etc. etc.

The moment I opened the door, I see Luke leaning on the door frame fully outraged.

For me he was deranged…

He opened his mouth to say something but then stopped and then checked me out top to bottom.

Phase 1 accomplished…

He was shamelessly going on checking me out so I thought it would be just wise to check him back too.

As always he looked mouthwatering. Wearing a leather jacket over a plain tee and dark jeans, damp hair indicating he was freshly out of the shower. He looked completely out of a movie.

When my eyes landed on his grey eyes, I got captured by the intensity of emotions swirling in them. There was definitely lust and desire and something more which I couldn’t comprehend. Suddenly I felt self-conscious. I must be looking like a whore. Hell! It might look like I’m purposely dressed like this to seduce him. Which as a matter of fact was my plan.

“Umm...Like what you see?” I smirked at him.

It happened so fast that I couldn’t understand at first. The cold surface of the wall enveloped my back and Luke hovering over me made me realize that I was trapped between a wall and Luke.

Uh-oh! This is not going according to the plan.

I looked at his storming grey eyes and got pulled into the whirlpool of emotions it held. Somewhere in them I felt like I saw a hint of hazel. Edward’s innocent hazel eyes and angelic face smiling at me comes to my mind and I come to terms with the reality of the situation at hand.

I was between the wall and The Luke. His hands holding my waist, eyes fixed on my lips and his body slowly leaning down.

This was wrong…so wrong. I had to get out of this position before he kisses me. I don’t know how I will face Eddy if Luke and I kissed. Unable to move, like I was paralyzed, I stood frozen in my place with my eyes sealed shut waiting for the debacle to happen.

“What’s wrong, El?” Luke’s voice was soft yet husky .I knew what he wanted at that moment.

It was so wrong of me not being able to say anything. I was with a wonderful guy like Edward and here almost kissing with Luke. Luke brushed one of my cheeks with the back of his fingers. I felt a shiver.

Idiot me!!

“Open your eyes El” Luke demanded softly like I was a kid.

I was immobile, unable to move, speak or even open my eyes.

He sighed and pulled back a little.

“If you don’t open your eyes I’m gonna kiss you so hard that you’ll regret not listening to me” his voice was getting irritated.

His words sunk in my thick head and I panicked. I opened my eyes instantly and covered my mouth with my hands.

“Good “he said and pulled back totally.

I was frustrated and all over the place. This was not supposed to happen. He will merely think I’m weak. Come on Elena, get a grip of the situation.

“So you almost lost your control there, huh?” I teased him while fixing my hair.

He rubbed the back of his neck and then looked at me with his predatory look.

“I simply want you to look at my eyes and ravish the moment when Luke Thompson kisses you”

Anger whipped through me and I couldn’t believe he was so much in love with himself.

“Have you started day-dreaming now?” I asked

“Whatever... Get in the car. We’re getting late” he said irritated and turned.

“And where exactly are we going to be late for?” I asked.

“Someplace Else” he said and looked at my confused expression.

“What? You haven’t heard of this new club, kiddo?” he smirked.

I knew what my next step was so I took out my phone and typed the club’s name and sent it to my partners in crime. To be precise, they were Sarah, Jessica, and Chloe and with Chloe comes my brother, Nathan. John and Eddy were working late today so they were not a part of this. Their loss…as it is they are the boring ones. I was excited to get friends in Jessica and Chloe since they were way more fun.

“Are you coming?” Luke shouted from his mustang.

Damn! This guy is really rich….

“Coming sweetheart “I smiled and walk up to the car.

***************************************

The crowd was mad. The music was enthralling and loud. The environment was enigmatic. The club itself felt alive and the best I’ve ever been.

I went up to the bar and ordered for my drink. I needed alcohol in my system to calm down the nerves.  Luke stayed a little far and was scrutinizing my every move…

I got a message from my friends.

We’re here. Strike when you are ready.

SOJC.

I bit my lips to stop myself from laughing loudly. Really? Did they think they were so discrete?

I gulped down my drink and turn towards Luke and smile sweetly. I ushered him to sit beside me.

He looked genuinely surprised but nevertheless came to me.

“Sit down honey “I say trying to be as much seductive as I can be.

Luke looked skeptical but sat down scrunching his eyebrows.

Oh! He looks cute... Zip it El!!!

“What’ll you like to drink?” I say smiling sweetly.

“I can tend to myself El, don’t worry” he answered back.

“Oh I am just trying to be a little friendly here. No reason for you to lash out on me now” I replied irritated.

His eyes softened and he nodded. I felt something inside me whirling and making me nervous for doing this to Luke, no matter how big an ass he is.

I gulp down another of my drink and order for some more. The whole time Luke was watching me incredulously.

As I held my next drink, Luke took away my glass and kept it on the counter.

“Don’t drink more El” he said concerned.

I don’t know why but I just snapped. This guy was lying and tricking me into bringing me to this place. And now he tries to be sweet and concerned. He’s a hell of a hypocrite then.

“So, where is this DJ of yours?” I asked looking straight ahead at the bar.

It was silent for a moment before I turned and saw guilt flash across his handsome face.

“About that...”he cleared his voice and raked his hands through his hair.

“… He is not available tonight” he completed slowly.

“Oh I see” I reply wryly and gulp my drink down.

There is an awkward moment and I wish I was in the comfort of my room rather than here, in the middle of chaos out here. These hostile emotions were bad for me. It brought out the worst in me and reminded of something I want to erase from my memory.

I see my gang in a booth on the other side giving me my signal. The signal being Chloe giving Nathan a peck on his cheeks. I rolled my eyes at that.

I’m sure this signal was thought up by none other than Nathan.

I finish my last drink of the night and wished myself luck inwardly. I already felt a little drunk and brave.

Phase 2 accomplished!

“Hey I guess coming here wasn’t such a bad deal after all” I say and turn to him and smile.

“And why do think so?” he asked suspiciously.

I go close to him and he leans towards me too.

“Because we are going to have a bit of fun” I reply and move closer to him.

He smirked and I wanted to punch him there and then.

Calm down. Calm down.

“Let’s do it baby” he said cheerily.

I get up taking his hands and walk toward the dance floor.

I started to get into the rhythm of the song and move my body accordingly.

Luke didn’t take time to settle. He was already into the music and dancing. We danced like we had nothing to lose. I don’t know for how long we danced. But then I saw Nathan’s angry looks across the crowd and I’m reminded of my plan.

You know I always forget myself into dancing and Nathan brings me out of my trance … every single time!! He is that efficient.

I waste no time into getting back to plan. I wink at Luke and tease him slowly. I seductively move my body over his for some time before He gripped my waist and the lusty look in his eyes were back. His hands slowly went over my back and I got alarmed and something more. I get on my tip toes and cross my arms on his neck. Then I slowly bite his ear seductively. That hitches his breathing and his hands get aggressive as he pulls me to his body.

This my friend, believe it or not, was my signal to my gang. Don’t dare to ask who made up this signal.

My crew quickly set into motion and get to work. Soon I see two bouncers looking at our direction when Nathan and Olivia go up to them.

Revenge time Luke Thompson!!!!

I place my hands over his chest and make a displeased face.

The bouncers advanced towards us and I tried to pull myself away from Luke who was not letting go of me now. His fingers were digging deep on my waist. He was leaning down on me and I was trying to get my face off his kissing radar.

As soon as I saw the bouncers close, I concentrated all my inner forces to my hands and push hard on Luke’s chest. I get free from his hold and I balance myself and look at Luke’s perilous eyes.

Nothing can stop me now. And lights…camera… action!!

“You jerk!! Keep your hands to yourself” I shout out loud.

Luke gave me a puzzled look before exploding.

“You little wench! Come here right now” he narrowed his eyes at me dangerously.

Under other circumstances I would have been scared to death by the looks on his face. But with two bouncers making their way up to me gave me immense courage.

“When I said no. Its means NO!!”I scream the last word out.

Luke took a step towards me but two pair of hands hold him back

“What the hell?” he shouted at the bouncers.

“You heard the girl. She said no” said one of the burly and heavily built bouncer.

 “Yeah man! And since it doesn’t reach your brains, we’ll make sure you’re kicked out” the other bouncer says roughly.

“Why don’t you ask the slut out there then why did she arouse me in the first place” Luke spats back at them.

“Please take him away” I pretend to hold back a sob.

It really did hurt to hear the curses Luke was hurling at me. But then it was just like old times and I dint take it any seriously this time too.

Luke jerks his hands off the men and lifts up his hands as if meaning to surrender.

“Alright alright! I’ll leave but no pushing or touching me. You don’t know who I am or else you wouldn’t have dared it” he literally barks at the bouncers.

When he turned towards me I felt the fear of unknown crawl upon me.

Ugh-oh! What’ll he do now?

“As for you, you’ll regret this sweetheart” he says threateningly and turns and walks towards the exit.

The bouncers trail after him to make sure he is really gone and I see my friends coming towards me.

“Well done girl” Olivia chirped.

“You were excellent darling” Jessica puts in and gives me a small hug.

“I told you she’s a big drama queen and will be fine in today’s act” jerk no.1 said.

In case you’re forgetting, it’s Nathan. Remember? My own blood brother.

“Shut up now Nate” says Chloe as she smacks him on his head and laughs.

“You’re just jealous of your sister being way smarter than you are” she finishes and smiles at me.

“Let’s celebrate the victory of Elena White over Luke Thompson” said Sarah, the very quiet friend of Chloe.

As my friends started ordering their drinks, I get a feeling at the pit of my stomach. Luke will surely make me pay hard for this one. I inwardly cringe for the safety of my home and room, longing to be tucked into my bed in sweet sweet slumber. I need sleep to refresh myself of all the lingering scary thoughts of Luke’s next step.

It’s just wait and watch for me now.

*************************************************

Well, I apologize to anyone waiting for this. I’ve got Just two words to say…”MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!”

Have fun…enjoy…God bless you all and your dear ones.

Like, love, vote, comment…please do something.

Missed wattpad.

Luv to everyone,

Shy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 200 90
Prepare to live. Prepare to die. And mostly prepare to fall in love. An age old High school, a seemingly age old forbidden romance. But will it remai...
339K 9.4K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...
20.3K 840 22
*04/06/2024 - 4th place in the Category 'Ex-boyfriend' 'A story of a girl in love with a boy who's in love with her best friend, and even with her fe...
17.4K 387 25
Nobody told me adulthood was going to be this way. How I constantly feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I'd imagine it feels like being stranded...