The Hurt

By Autumn_Moon

"Once we got to the end of the driveway, we both look back at the place that caused us so much pain and miser... More

Copyright
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 4

1K 33 25
By Autumn_Moon

Hey everyone! Again, another half of a chapter posted, I know. I haven't had tons of time to write so whatever I do get done I will post and once I finish the other part of chapter 4 then I will combine it with pt 1. Hope you all like it and thanks for all the support! :D

_________________________________________________________________

Melissa’s POV

“You stupid bitch!” My uncle screamed as he pushed me through the door. As I am about to pick myself off the floor, he comes at me again, slapping me. He then picks me up off the ground and pushes me hard against the wall. My aunt hears the screaming and comes rushing in.

“What the hell are you doing to her? You want her to run away again?” My aunt exclaimed. At first he ignored her, hitting me in the face again.

“This little bitch tried telling the cops that I was beating her! I will make sure that she won’t run away again, even if it means that I have to break her legs, she will not leave this house!” His voice boomed and his dark brown eyes become even more filled with furry.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” I cried as I covered my face with my arms, bracing for the next impact.

“Not yet you aren’t!” He growled as he approached me once again.

At first he just stood there, then he kicked me hard in the stomach. I cried out in pain and he just laughed. He continued to hit me while I was curled up on the floor, wishing that he would stop. After what seemed to be hours of this he picked me up by my hair and slammed my head against the wall. He laughed as I cried.

He then kneeled down towards my broken body and whispered in my ear.

 “I swear, if you or Jessica ever try to pull another stunt like that, well lets’ just say that if you weren’t praying for death already, you will be once I would be through with you.” I tried my hardest to muffle my sobbing, but that didn’t work to well. “Get upstairs.” He gestured to the wooden steps across from the front door, and then walked away if he had forgotten that he just beat the living daylights out of me.

I waited for a brief moment, wondering if this was just a sick joke that he was playing, or if was actually giving me a break. After a few long minutes of waiting, I finally seized my opportunity. I used the small end table beside me to get up. I was in excruciating pain but I had to get to my room. I was more determined than ever.

I fumbled up the stairs and practically crawled to my room. But from the door way I glanced over my shoulders, wondering if he had followed me. I just sat in my doorway, looking down the hall seeing the landscape paintings that covered the pale walls, the stairs that I had barley climbed just a few moments ago on my left, and right at the end of the hall was Jessica’s bedroom. The door was slightly ajar and I could faintly make out the corner of her bed. It made me sad to think about her right now, so I turned around and crawled all the way into my room, shutting the door behind me.

I needed to examine the damage that was caused to I braced myself for the pain as I stood up. Everything hurt, my legs and arms hurt, my face was practically numb at this point and my stomach killed, it even hurt to breathe. I didn’t want to look in the mirror and see the little deformed girl that I surely have become.

Finally, when I had enough courage, I looked up and almost started crying at the sight of my own reflection. My left eye was almost completely swollen shut and the skin around it was blue and purple, I had a cut above my right eyebrow that had been bleeding a lot so blood ran down the complete right side of my face. My blood had basically smeared all over and made my complexion a reddish brown. My right cheek was also very swollen and turning purple as well.

My arms we completely bruised in every way possible. I had handprints on both my biceps and the underside of my forearms had multiple bruised forming from when I was shielding my face from any further damage.

I pulled up my shirt to look at my stomach. I don’t even know why I was surprised at the damage it took. All around my ribs were bruised but nothing was broken, thank god. My lower left side was one giant bruise since that’s where he had kicked me repeatedly.

I slowly walked to the other side of my room, pain filling my every step, as I got to my bathroom. Jessica had helped me paint it green since it was my favorite color for a few years. I grabbed a face cloth from top drawer to my right and soaked it in hot water in my sink. I then slowly brought the hot cloth to my face. The pain of the hot water on my beaten face made me tear up.

I washed all the smeared blood and tried to fix up the minors cuts that covered my face. I also got our some Polysporin for the larger cut above my right eyebrow. Once the blood was gone, all I had left was the cuts themselves and the black eye that had now turned more blue than purple.

I looked myself up and down before I went back into my room. I turned my body so that my back was facing the bed, then I fell backwards into the welcoming pillows and quilts. It was so much more comfortable than sleeping in the woods or in the alley, but even though it was more comfortable, I would rather be in the cold alleyway with Jessica.

I fell asleep moments after I laid down in my bed. But I didn’t sleep for long. Maybe two hours, at the most.

My Uncle storms into my room, but that wasn’t what woke me up. The cause was him chucking a disposable cell phone at my already bruise face.

“Ow!” I cried as I cradled my cheek, glaring at my uncle at the same time.

“Call your sister.” He demanded

“I can’t,” I lied, “she doesn’t have her phone with her.”

“Don’t you dare lie to me! The police tracked you when you called Mariah.” He was getting angrier by the second.

“ Okay, okay, but what do I say?” I picked the phone up off the pillow and begin to dial her number with shaking hands when my uncle replies.

“Tell her that you have escaped and that you want to meet back up.” He had a smirk on his face that wasn’t all too pleasant. He had something planned and I hoped that Jessica was smart enough not to fall for it. Unfortunately, she did.

Jessica’s POV

I just sat in the alley the whole day. I didn’t need to go anywhere anytime soon nor did I want to go anywhere. I would just lie in the far corner of my alley for the rest of my days. I was completely miserable without Melissa.

As I was about to go back to sleep for, what would be my fourth time today, my phone started ringing. Ringing? Who would be calling me, I thought as I pulled my cell from my pocket. It was and unknown number and I hesitated before I answered.

“Hello?” I said quietly, not wanting anyone to hear me.

A familiar voice replied, “Jessica? Oh my goodness, thank god! I escaped! I’m in the woods right now. Where are you?”

I stared at the wall, mouth open. “Melissa? Oh my god! Are you okay? What hap-“ she cut me off

“I don’t have much time before Uncle George realizes that I escaped. Meet me at the alley that we spent our first night in. I’ll be there at eight!” I didn’t want her to hang up.

“Melissa, wait! How did you-“ the line goes dead. I just sat there, completely shocked. It took me a few minutes to realize what this had meant. She was coming back. My baby sister was okay!

Melissa’s POV

My uncle stood beside me with an evil smile painted on his face. It was weird seeing him smile.  

“We will leave in an hour.” He grumbled as he walked to the door.

“Where are we going?” I was so confused at this point; I still don’t even understand why I asked.

“We’re going to get Jessica.” That’s the last thing he said to me. It all made sense now; he was using me to get to Jessica. Since the Police couldn’t catch her, he is going to take matters into his own hands. Oh god, I shuddered at the thought of what he would do to her.

I slumped back down on my bed; I wasn’t going to sleep and I had no way or warning her…Or did I? I practically jumped off my bed and pulled my backpack out of the corner. I unzip all the zippers and dump all the contents over my already messy room. I pushed papers, pencils, and notebooks around until I found when I was looking for, my cell phone. Uncle George probably forgot that I even had one.

I frantically dial her number and wait for her to pick up. I waited and waited, but she didn’t answer. Why didn’t she answer? I hung up and redialed her number; I was determined to warn her. Then out of nowhere my uncle barges through my door with my aunt close behind.

“See Kris? I told you I picked up a cell signal in her room!” Before he gave her a chance to respond, her grabbed my phone out of my hands and checked to see whom I was calling, though he could probably answer the question himself. “She was trying to call Jessica.” Then out of nowhere he slapped me hard across my face. I could see my aunt flinch before she left the room, unable to watch yet another fight unfold.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, please don’t hurt me anymore. I’m sorry.” I pleaded as he raised his hand to hit me again but something stopped him, maybe he felt guilty for once.  He popped my battery out of my phone, along with my sim card, and then chucked it in the bed besides me.

“C’mon, we are leaving, now.” I gape at him.

“But I thought you said we were leaving in an hour?” I slowly stood from my bed, waiting for his reply.

“Well that was before you tried to save the day and warn your sister.” I didn’t know what to say to that. I wasn’t trying to be a hero; I just didn’t want Jessica to get hurt. After all the years she had looked out for me, it was time that I returned the favor.

Jessica’s POV

I waited in the alleyway, shaking with excitement. I debated whether or not to start walking towards to woods, to catch her as she got here but I decided just to stay put since the police were still looking for me.

I stood leaning against the far wall of my alley. The cold brick felt amazing on my shoulders, almost like every cold prickle was releasing one of my worries, one of my stresses, and one of my many problems. I shut my eyes briefly, transporting myself away from my alley, and away from my problems. I went to my favorite place in the whole wide world. The forest in the late spring.

The tall dark trees rose above me, casting a cool shadow as I walked. A slight breeze gave me goose bumps but once I came through a break in the trees, the suns rays made my body tingle with warmth. The grass beneath my feat was wet with the morning dew, filling the air with the fresh, crisp smell that I adored.

Even though it was early, the forest was buzzing with life. If I’d stop for a moment and focused on the sounds around me, it would be so full of energy and movement. Above me the squirrels played a game of chase, leaping from branch to branch, occasionally knocking down a leave or two. The birds flew high above the tree, singing their songs and only stopping once they have found breakfast for their young.

It was so serene and peaceful, I could have stayed in my world forever, but eventually you have to wake up. Everything seemed backwards, like my world is a nightmare and my dream is the true reality.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time. Eight o’clock on the dot. But she wasn’t here. Did I miss her while I was day dreaming? No, I couldn’t have.  I move forward to the entrance of the alley hoping to see her coming up the street, but nothing. As I retreat to the back I hear footsteps. I pivot sharply and come face to face with Melissa.

I wanted to run to her but something stopped me. I stood there taking in her appearance. She had been beaten. One of her eyes was swollen shut but I could still see the tears forming. She had dried blood all over her that could have been that old. Something wasn’t right.

I take a step towards my little sister as a whisper escapes my lips. “Melissa, what…what happened to you?” I could see her body start to shake due to her sobs. I was about to go closer when she replies.

“You shouldn’t have come, Jess.” She is crying harder now and all I want to do is embrace her but as I move closer she raises her hands, telling me to stop.

We meet eye to eye and I could tell that something was going to happen, but I didn’t move. This is the worst I’ve seen her in a few years at least. I was completely petrified.

As I tried to make sense of everything someone grabs me from behind. I scream and Melissa does as well. I immediately start swinging my arms around my attackers face, hoping for a hit but in the end got hold of both my arms with one arm and with the other he injects something in my neck.

 I feel the cool liquid spread through my body. He then releases me, knowing that I won’t be able to escape. I tried to call to Melissa, but nothing came out. Soon after, I fall to the ground loosing feeling in every part of my body. As I am about to pass out I hear a familiar voice.

“Good job Melissa. She didn’t suspect a thing.” It was uncle George. But why would Melissa cooperate with him, why would she help him but most importantly,

Why would she betray me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284 39 28
Charlie Adams never had it easy living her sixteen years of her life in the shadow of her popular sister Sam. Charlie suffered years at the hands of...
51.6K 4.8K 62
A featured story by Teen Fiction! Highest Rank: #15 in Short Story 1st place winner of: The Mystical Awards!!!! Watties Retry Awards Winner! Featured...
72.7K 5K 39
Second Book In My Emo Series (but you can read them in any order and it still makes sense) †Maybe I'm better off dead. If I was, would it finally be...
365 57 26
Things are turning out well for Alex has she works on not hating everyone. Everything is going okay between her and Nathan. She and her twin sister a...