Chapter 4

Hey everyone! Again, another half of a chapter posted, I know. I haven't had tons of time to write so whatever I do get done I will post and once I finish the other part of chapter 4 then I will combine it with pt 1. Hope you all like it and thanks for all the support! :D

_________________________________________________________________

Melissa’s POV

“You stupid bitch!” My uncle screamed as he pushed me through the door. As I am about to pick myself off the floor, he comes at me again, slapping me. He then picks me up off the ground and pushes me hard against the wall. My aunt hears the screaming and comes rushing in.

“What the hell are you doing to her? You want her to run away again?” My aunt exclaimed. At first he ignored her, hitting me in the face again.

“This little bitch tried telling the cops that I was beating her! I will make sure that she won’t run away again, even if it means that I have to break her legs, she will not leave this house!” His voice boomed and his dark brown eyes become even more filled with furry.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” I cried as I covered my face with my arms, bracing for the next impact.

“Not yet you aren’t!” He growled as he approached me once again.

At first he just stood there, then he kicked me hard in the stomach. I cried out in pain and he just laughed. He continued to hit me while I was curled up on the floor, wishing that he would stop. After what seemed to be hours of this he picked me up by my hair and slammed my head against the wall. He laughed as I cried.

He then kneeled down towards my broken body and whispered in my ear.

 “I swear, if you or Jessica ever try to pull another stunt like that, well lets’ just say that if you weren’t praying for death already, you will be once I would be through with you.” I tried my hardest to muffle my sobbing, but that didn’t work to well. “Get upstairs.” He gestured to the wooden steps across from the front door, and then walked away if he had forgotten that he just beat the living daylights out of me.

I waited for a brief moment, wondering if this was just a sick joke that he was playing, or if was actually giving me a break. After a few long minutes of waiting, I finally seized my opportunity. I used the small end table beside me to get up. I was in excruciating pain but I had to get to my room. I was more determined than ever.

I fumbled up the stairs and practically crawled to my room. But from the door way I glanced over my shoulders, wondering if he had followed me. I just sat in my doorway, looking down the hall seeing the landscape paintings that covered the pale walls, the stairs that I had barley climbed just a few moments ago on my left, and right at the end of the hall was Jessica’s bedroom. The door was slightly ajar and I could faintly make out the corner of her bed. It made me sad to think about her right now, so I turned around and crawled all the way into my room, shutting the door behind me.

I needed to examine the damage that was caused to I braced myself for the pain as I stood up. Everything hurt, my legs and arms hurt, my face was practically numb at this point and my stomach killed, it even hurt to breathe. I didn’t want to look in the mirror and see the little deformed girl that I surely have become.

Finally, when I had enough courage, I looked up and almost started crying at the sight of my own reflection. My left eye was almost completely swollen shut and the skin around it was blue and purple, I had a cut above my right eyebrow that had been bleeding a lot so blood ran down the complete right side of my face. My blood had basically smeared all over and made my complexion a reddish brown. My right cheek was also very swollen and turning purple as well.