Don't Try To Make Me Smile...

By krystalkey

"There are three things I don't do" I told him with a blank face, without a single emotion to convey "What ar... More

1: I'm Weird, Yeah I Know!
2: Fuck You! Nathan Gold!
3: His Name is......
4: Definitely wasn't me!
5: Are you a Lesbian?
6: Am I really a Princess?
7: I need a Friend/ Contest
8: I do not always wear black!
9: Cliffhanger?
CONTEST WINNERS!!!
10: Don't try to make me smile!
11: Swimming?
12: Eric!!!!
13: I hate pink everything
14: Cliff kiss
15: She's sunshine
16: Beach part 1
17: Beach 2+Fireworks
18: Prison break and Rapunzel
19: Proposal gone wrong
20: Two confessions in one night!
21: My answer rhymes with No!
22: Ex boyfriend turned Stepbrother
23: Go ahead and cry.
24: We're Perfect
25: Unconscious Confession.
26: Awkward Situations.
27: Five seconds to be his girlfriend
28: Like That!
29: Cry For Attention.
30: Don't look at me like that!
31: Some Trashy A-list Party.
32: I Love You
33: Why does it feel like this is the last time?
34: Best friends!
35: Unanswered Questions
37: Never ending tears
38: Little Excuse!
39: Finding Cheryl
40: Dreams
41: I'm not Coming back
The Cliff!
Confessions

36: Icy blue eyes, dreamy blue eyes.

331 43 19
By krystalkey

Eric POV

It's been two weeks, two long agonizing and heartbreaking weeks since I broke up with Cheryl and I hadn't seen or talked to her at all. I hadn't gone to school since then and I couldn't remember the particular corner in which I had thrown my phone and I didn't think I had the strength to find it.

I have been holed up in my room being depressed and miserable, I could hardly sleep at night because the only thing I could think about was that I hurt her. I had left her without a proper explanation and I was practically dying inside, there were no word to describe the kind of pain I was feeling.

All I could think of was Cheryl. How was she? Is she fine? Does she go to school? How bad was she hurting? Is she even hurting at all?

I didn't want her to hurt at all, the thought of her going through what I'm going through made me sick to the stomach. I wanted to be there for her, I wanted her to be fine. She had gone through enough already and I didn't want to add to that and I hated my dad for making me do this to her.

I had talked to Nathan about all this already before I made up my mind to break up with her because either way I would still have done it, it's not like I had a choice here, my father threatened me.

He gave me two choices. First, I should break up with her and I could keep staying in this city. Secondly, I can keep dating her and then go on a 3 years business deal in Germany with no chance of saying goodbye.

He said I was the heir to his empire and I didn't need useless things like love, and when I asked him about mom he said those were the useless things he was talking about about and I practically lost my mind that moment. For the first time in the eighteen years of my life I stood up to my dad and I punched him, but guess what it didn't make me feel better in any way because I was hurting inside. I was hurting for Cheryl, for my mum, for my little sister who was still in rehab, and even for my business possessed dad. I was hurting for all of them and I couldn't do anything about it.

My dad remain unfazed by my lunch because he still had that cocky smirk playing on his lip as he rubbed his jaw. But he didn't stop there, he gave me till Monday to make up my mind or I was going to Germany anyway and that was when I made the decision to break up with her, the decision to depart from my happiness and joy but at least I'll still be close to her.

I'll be able to see her face and reminisce on all the memories we had together, the little times I made her smile even when we were always fighting, the little surprises I prepared for her and how she always acted unfazed and how it took her five seconds to be my girlfriend. At least I'll see her face and I'll know that she'll always be my sunshine.

My eyes drifted to the standing frame on my desk. That frame was the only thing standing in this room, every other thing was shattered and broken out of my frustration that had been dwelling in me. Maybe if I destroyed the picture, would I be okay?

I stared at the picture with Cheryl's bright smile totally hypnotizing me. I just wonder why she didn't recognize the picture in the boy as me, well I didn't recognize her either until I saw the same picture on her desk in her room.

I heard a knock on my door for the fifth time this evening, it was my stepmother begging me to come out and eat but I hadn't even moved an inch from this bed and I wasn't planning to but then the person kept knocking to the extent I even got frustrated.

"Go away!" I yelled throwing a pillow at the door.

"Eric" a soft voice called and it was nothing like my stepmother's voice, fuck it was so familiar that I jumped out of my bed still trying to avoid pieces of broken glass on the floor.

There goes my plan on not moving an inch.

I opened the door and my eyes met with those icy blue eyes,

Those eyes that I've been thinking about.

CHERYL'S POV

I've never felt this way in my entire life, even when my parents were getting divorced or when Tyler left, I've never felt this kind of pain.

Maybe if he had told me why, I wouldn't have felt have as bad as this. But he didn't say anything and just left without word. So many times I had been tempted to call him because I knew his number anyways but I couldn't bring myself to do so. There wasn't even a text from him and I had to mentally slap myself each time I hoped for that. He must've deleted my number anyways but it didn't help the fact that I was hurting badly. He had totally gone MIA from school, from everyone and from my life. I hadn't seen him, talked to him or even heard from him. I was like a living zombie on the face of earth.

I had been going to school, Tyler had been driving to school because he didn't trust me enough to let me drive on my own and sometimes Nathan dropped dropped by with either of the twins. Chelsea was back at school and no matter how much she tried to lighten my mood with her stupid jokes, nothing worked. There was nothing that could bring back that smile to my face, a smile that wasn't even there. And not even a tear had escaped my eyes, I was a walking dead.

I was going home with Nathan that Thursday afternoon, so after school I just slipped into his car wishing to get home fast and hide inside the comfort of my bed, hide away from my pain. My face had a permanent sad expression, my eyes were surrounded with dark circles from lack of proper sleep, at least I tried to keep my hair tidy. I never tie my hair up in a ponytail or bun when I'm going to school but I have been doing so to save me the stress of having to brush it everywhere since it practically flies everywhere.

"So Cheryl do you want to hang out at my place for a while?" Nathan asked and I shrugged

"What are we going to be doing? Sleeping? Because that's all I want to be doing"

"Come on Cheryl" Nathan had a concerned look on his face "You need to stop being like this"

"Then what do you want me to do? How do you want me to feel? I got dumped without a proper explanation and you expect me to fell okay. I don't even know how Eric is doing and I hate myself for even worrying about him"

It would have been nice if I was actually yelling but I didn't have any strength to raise my voice, so I was merely whispering but all the same I tried to push all emotions into the words I said.

"Have you tried talking to him at all?" Nathan asked and I turned to look at him with a raised brow.

"You know the answer to that"

"But you should try talking to him" he said again and I shrugged.

"I doubt he'd pick his call so you should go see him at his house and stuff, just talk to him and get to know the real reason why?"

Then it occurred to me that I had been dating Eric for a few weeks and I didn't even know where he lived. Oh God! I was so pathetic. How can you be dating someone and you don't know where he lives, because he never wanted me to. He never took me there and I never asked either.

I turned to look at Nathan who was still bearing that worried look.

"I really don't know about that" I told him.

"Come on, one of you has to make the first move and I know that you're dying to see him. Sooner or later you'll have to talk to him, why not do it now"

"I don't know Nathan but I really need to sleep" I said to him knowing that I really wanted to see Eric. I had already said yes in my mind and I'm not sure why it wasn't coming out of my mouth.

"Ok then. Let's go to my house then we can go later in the evening"

"Fine" I groaned resting my head on the window as Nathan drove.

I actually had a long sleep at Nathan's house before I had to mentally, physically and emotionally prepare myself for this. What was I going to say? What was he going to say? Is he okay? Does he even miss me?

These were the questions and much more that were roaming through my mind while I was in the car with Nathan to see Eric

Oh God!

Eric's house was a big mansion, even bigger than mine but that wasn't even my problem. How was Eric going to react when he sees me?

Shocked? Angry? Happy? Oh God I was thinking way too much about this and I need to relax. I wasn't going for a talent show why was I so nervous?

I proceeded into the house while Nathan promised to wait for me outside and he gave me a small smile. I rang the doorbell in the house and about some seconds later a young boy of about thirteen or fourteen opened the door and gave me a strange look.

"I'm here to see Eric" I said immediately and he laughed.

What was so funny?

"Eric?" He called and laughed again. "I'm not sure he's still alive. He locked himself inside his room and is unresponsive to human calls"

This must be Eric's stepbrother and he looks smarter than he seems and more of a trouble maker but Fuck! I need to see Eric.

"But he's room is that way, he might respond to a hot girl's call"

How old is he again?

I walked through the stairs to his room as his brother directed me and I knocked the door but there was no response. I kept knocking and knocking hoping to at least get a response from him, to at least hear his voice.

I was about turning back after many knocks and no response but then I heard something hit the door and I heard him yell 'Go away!"

My chest tightened for a moment.

"Eric?" I called softly having a glimmer of hope and a few seconds later the door opened and my eyes met with those dreamy blue eyes.

Those eyes that I've been thinking about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
281K 6.9K 101
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
492K 1.9K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!