What Makes You Beautiful

By ComeOnLetsElevate

Skylar Harris makes a trip to London, England after her parents die in a gondola accident back in Italy. She... More

What Makes You Beautiful
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Enter Melissa
Chapter 5: Shawn (More Than This)
Chapter 6: Fighting and Go Fish
Chapter 7: The Funeral
Chapter 8: Two 18th Birthdays
Chapter 9: The Truth Hurts
Author's Note!
Chapter 10: Proposal
Chapter 11: Why Do They Hate?

Chapter 4: Lazy Day

508 1 3
By ComeOnLetsElevate

Hiya! Sorry for the long wait... jk, it's only been a few days, you greedy children. :D

Volleyball tryouts went great, thank you for asking. :) I found out if I made it or not tomorrow (as of 2/2/2012). I'm going to cry if I didn't make it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV:
I awake to a slightly heavy feeling on my chest. I open my eyes to see Sky sleeping peacefully with her head on my chest. When I see this, I almost jump out of my skin, but avoid it so I don't wake her.

I watch the rise and fall of her stomach until she stirs. Sky yawns. "Morning, Harry," She says with a warm smile.

I smile back at her. "Morning. Any more interesting dreams?"

"Thankfully, no," She says, reaching her arms above her head to stretch her back.

"You up for breakfast?" I ask.

"Sure." She sits up, but ends up leaning sideways and falling back on her shoulder.

I laugh and get up. I shake my hair out a little bit and make my way downstairs. I make us bowls of cereal and stick spoons in them. Skylar eventually comes down and eats with me. "What are we going to do today?" She asks.

I shrug. "Whatever you want to do."

"Maybe we should just stay home today and have a lazy day," Sky suggests.

"Sounds nice. I give it two thumbs up," I say.

"Good, because 'lazy' is my middle name," Sky laughs. "Skylar Lazy Harris."

I laugh. "Whatever you say. How about we invite everyone else over for our 'Lazy Day' as well?" I ask.

"Sounds good. I'll go scout out for Melissa. She said she usually goes for walks in the morning," Sky says. I nod in acknowledgement as she runs upstairs to change. After a few minutes, she comes bounding back down the stairs and out the door. "See you in a bit!" She calls as she shuts the front door.

I grab my phone off the couch where I left it last night. I send a quick text to all the boys:

**Lazy day at my house today. Just to be lazy and stuff.**

I get a text from Louis first, saying Got it. Then from Zayn, Liam, and Niall saying the same general thing.

Sky gets back with Melissa around the same time the boys get here. "This 'lazy day' thing sounds so peaceful and relaxing," Mel says.

"It was my idea," Sky says proudly.

"What do you do on a lazy day anyways?" Liam asks.

"I don't know," I say with a shrug. "Be lazy."

"Let's watch a movie first," Niall suggests. "We didn't really get to watch the last one together."

"Sounds good," I agree. "What should we watch?"

"Soul Surfer!" Melissa shouts. "It's such a good movie."

"Yeah, I heard that it was," Sky adds.

We all go downstairs and find Soul Surfer on Netflix. (A/N: I literally looked up in Google "Do British people get Netflix". Did you know that it actually launched in the UK? -_-) 

We all cry during the beginning, except for me. I am a man of steel. By the end of the movie, we were all clapping and happy for Ms. Soul Surfer (A/N: I completely blanked out on her name.). By then, it was about 7:30, since everyone got here around 4 or 5.

"What now?" Liam asks.

"Why don't we play a board game?" Skylar suggests.

"I don't know about that..." I warn. "You have no idea how we boys get when we play board games." The rest of the boys nod in agreement.

"How bad can it be?" Mel says. "Do you have a closet full of board games or something?"

I sigh. "It's downstairs. We can go play down there." We all march downstairs and I open a small closet to reveal my stash of board games from when I was a kid. I spot one of my favorites, Scrabble. "Scrabble, anyone?" When I get a mixture of yeses, I pull the box from the shelf.

I hear Niall whisper to me. "They have no idea what they're getting themselves into."

I shrug. "Hey, we warned them. And at least we own up to it."

"Yeah, I guess. Let's just get this over with quickly," He says.

Skylar's POV:

"There's no "j" in fjord!" Liam yells across the board at Melissa.

"Um, yeah. There is," Mel says.

"Nu-uh!"

"How do you think it's spelled?" I ask, confused.

"F-Y-O-R-D!" Liam say confidently. "Fjord!"

Everyone except Liam face-palms.

After a few more minutes of playing, I hear, "Zayn, "gwargz" is not a word!"

"There's no rule against making up words, Louis!" Zayn yells back.

"Yes, there is!" Louis roars. "It's Scrabble! Have you never played Scrabble before?!"

"I have!"

"I think that should count as negative five points!" Louis snorts. "For making up words and rules."

"No," Zayn challenges. "I think Louis should get five points off for being too picky about words! Oh, and stubborn!"

Louis gasps. "Stubborn? I'll show you stubborn!" He sticks his fingers under the side of the board and flips it as far as he can. The game board hits the wall with a dull thud and the little letters go flying.

Harry narrows his eyes. "Louis! Pick those up!"

"No!" Louis protests, turning his nose up like a little kid. "I'm too stubborn." 

"LOUIS!" Harry leaps forward and tackles Louis to the ground. I have to jump away to avoid the tussle. Zayn gives out a battle cry and dives into the fight.

 "Boys!" I yell as they knock over a lamp. They didn't hear me. "BOYS!" I scream. They freeze where they are and look up at me with a deer-in-headlights look. "You guys are fight over Scrabble?" I ask in disbelief. They all look at the floor or to the sides. "I can't believe you guys! Fighting because of something as stupid as a board game!"

"We did warn you," Harry says innocently. He shuts up when I give him my best death glare, which is scary to most people.

My emotions built up like a wall, cutting me off from my friends and my sense of right and wrong. Like this, right here, is the wrong thing to do (though I didn't realize): I storm up the stairs, yelling, "I'm out of here. Come find me when you've straightened out." I march outside and down the sidewalk.

I have no idea what I'm doing or where I was planning on going. I actually thought someone was going to try to stop me, but no such luck. I'm obviously not cared about. I just keep on walking down the sidewalk with my head down, trying to clear my clouded senses. I collide with someone head-first and stumble backwards.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" The guy says angrily. I look up to see who it was. The guy had blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. He looks up and sees me. His expression immediately changes. "Oh, hi!" He greets, grabbing my hand and shaking it. "I'm Shawn Chaisty. And you are?"

I smile at his forwardness. "Skylar Harris."

"Excuse me if I'm being a bit too forward, but I think you are beautiful."

I blush and giggle. "Thanks. I think you are too." I realize what I said, and add quickly, "I think you're handsome, not beautiful!"

Shawn chuckles. "Why thank you. Do you, by any chance, want to do something sometime? We could go get tea or something."

I consider this. It's hard for me, since I'm not quite sure if I'm romantically involved with Harry or not. It might make him mad if I say yes. Wait a minute... I'm mad at Harry for fighting with his friends (I'm telling you, it's not a good thing to get into). I could get back at him if I say yes and he gets pissed off! "Sounds good to me," I say.

"Great! How about tomorrow at, let's say, noon?" Shawn suggests.

"That's fine with me."

"Now, if I could just get your number?"

"Oh. I don't really have a phone," I explain. "You see, I just came here form Italy a few days ago. I never had the money to get a phone, so I've never had one."

"Ok. I get it," Shawn says. "It's fine. Let's just meet right here tomorrow and we can walk somewhere together. Sound good?"

"Sounds great," I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooh, Skylar, you devious thing! Short chapter, but get used to short chapters. I can't make long chapters.

We found out if we made the volleyball team today, and guess what!

...

Yeah, I didn't make it. You know how I said I was going to cry if I didn't make it? I did more than that. I locked myself in my room and BAWLED. I freakin' LOVE volleyball. I was in there for a good two hours after I got home from school just staring at the ceiling and SOBBING. You know, whatever. Just little ol' me bawling about something as stupid as volleyball (I don't mean it literally). 

Whatevs. Me and my friend Lydia are going to try to be the managers so it's all good. No worries (actually, there's a lot of worries).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 654 39
If there's one thing Suzy Lestrange is hoping for, it's getting through her second year of university without a hitch, so that she can spend her thir...
5.8K 290 22
Skylar Styles is, well, weird. She's quirky and a bit odd. Maybe that's the reason her twin Harry has never let her meet the rest of his band (except...
366 1 37
I'm Lauren Claysworth. Artist. My life is perfect. Are you shitting me? What a terrible lie that was. My life was ordinary for any other teenager in...
31.1K 647 32
Addison is your normal teenage girl. About to be 18, loves One Direction like most other girls, has a best friend. One thing is shes in remission fro...