Alpha Dominance (complete)

By obsessivegrl

'I'm sorry Kyle. I sent to my mate and closed off his panic that quickly came at my voice and the seemingly g... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 2

7K 209 3
By obsessivegrl

Katy’s POV

So when my dad mentioned that Kyle was 'staying in the area' he decidedly failed to mention that he was actually going to be living right next to our quarters.  Yippee! Also, I was apparently elected to be a servant or ‘hostess’, as my mother told me, when she meet up with Kyle and me to also say where he would be staying. Until Kyle got 'accommodated' to our living style.  It was almost laughable.  Almost.  So, I showed him to the Alphas quarters, where my brothers and I stayed, as our parents were the current alphas.  Inside the alpha quarters was the master bedroom, the six bedrooms that were added to accommodate my brothers and myself, the kitchen, the den, and a pack meeting room, which was usually converted to a huge dinning hall for the whole pack on occasion.

So here I am, stuck playing slave, while helping Kyle get ‘accommodated’. 

"Well that is about it." I exclaimed, trying to find a way to ditch him quicker. 

“Are you sure?” he questioned.

"Yes I’m sure, I live here and unless you want me to show you where the bathroom is, yes we have." I snapped bitterly.  I sort of felt bad for him. What did he ever do to me? 

He turned toward me with a raised eyebrow and apparently he didn't catch my sarcasm. 

“Okay then.” He turned his back on me.  That was about my equivalent of flipping me off and shooing me away to go do someone else’s bidding.

Gritting my teeth I mustered enough will power to walk away and NOT, also slam the door on my way out.  Practically seething with rage, I made it back to my own room; with only scaring Timmy enough to make him understand no one should bother me right now. For any reason.  Yet ten minutes later, Cameron was standing outside my door.  Before he could even knock, I purposely locked the door with a loud CLICK.  

“Katy, please.  Open the door,”

"No, I thought Timmy got the message to everyone to keep out, but apparently not."

"He did, in fact, once he saw how determined I was, he ran and took cover; he told me to tell you that he was 'going out for a while.'" she could hear a soft chuckle on the other side. "Trust me Kate, no one is out here but me."

Taking a deep breath, I could tell that no one was near my bedroom, the whole house even.  

"Fine." As I twisted the bolt back to the left, I left the door shut and for Cameron to open on his own.  

When Cameron finally pushed open the door, I could tell that he really had something to say.  His demeanor was jumpy.  He was glancing all around like someone was going to jump out and bust him at any minute.  His left eyebrow was fidgeting, a nervous response he seemed completely unaware of. 

"Well spit it out, already!" I pressed. 

"It's about Kyle."

"What about him?" I asked curiously.  

"Umm, about today....."

"For God’s sake camy," I sounded out, "you think he makes a good Alpha, don't you." 

Nodding his head sheepishly, he looked like I would reprimand him; Usually I would, in his defense, but I instead waited to see how he would elaborate on that thought.  Quickly learning that I was waiting, semi-patiently, he continued on his line of thought.

"Do you like like him?" 

"No." Times like this required straight answers.  Short, simple, and to the point.  Especially when your brother is asking.

"Not even a little?"

"No."

"Do you just like him then, in general I mean."

Letting out a sigh to exaggerate my point I replied: No.

"So he's not your mate?"

Staring at him, I wondered what brought that thought on.  Taking in my silence, and my "pointed" stare, commonly known as my sudden death face, Cameron began sputtering on and off about different topic as mundane as how wonderful the weather has been, trivial pack stuff, and then out of the blue he pulled the fast one I always used, and personal favorite: "Well look at the time, I better go, I think I just heard Patrick calling me, better go. Bye!"

The door closed with a THUNK behind him. 

"Well this has been a prosperous day." I decided aloud.

A knock sounded at my door again.

"What now Cameron?" I said pulling the door open with a sigh

"Actually it's Kyle."

Looking onto his blue eyes I told him, "Well that’s obvious, now. What?" I questioned. 

Kyle’s POV

As the Beta named Cameron rushed by me, I was vaguely thinking of turning around myself instead of going to talk to Katy.  Whatever got Cameron running away from her was probably still waiting for me when I got there.  Still I continued.  I knocked on the door aware that if I pushed in any harder that then it would be opened by force.  The door was pulled open and a defeated looking Katy answered with a sigh, “What now Cameron?”

“Actually it’s Kyle.” I supplied helpfully.

“Well that’s obvious, now. What?”

Her tone made me want to go away.  She reminded me of myself when my father had just yelled at me for screwing something up, again, for whatever reason.  Every day he would drill into me technique after technique on how to fight so that I could be eligible to fight to be Alpha of the pack.  Even though he himself is a Beta, he pushes me to do what he can’t, challenge his friend and assume the position. 

Usually, the Alphas' oldest child would assume the spot but Tyler, an only child, went rouge and disappeared.  Valerie, unable to conceive anymore children after Tyler, was devastated and has refused since then to even show her face to the pack again.  Thus, creating a need for a duel to take place to discover the next alpha after the current one, Tyler’s father, Hunter, steps down. 

By the time I was sixteen, I had been beaten and whipped by my own father into shape and any and all of my opponents had been defeated.  Three years later, I left with my mother’s help and she directed me to Steven’s pack.

Every day that I had to stay there, I prayed that a way out would present it to myself on a silver platter, and I promised myself that if I ever got the chance I would take it no matter what.  From fighting to boring paper work, I never got a break from my father’s tyranny.  My father was good man despite what he did to me.  He loved my mother and cared for the pack, even me but he swallowed his resolve and pushed his dream onto me.

“Never mind Katy, I see that you are tired and can’t deal with stuff right now. I’ll come back later.”

“Oh no, you don’t pull that bull crap on me too.  First off, I can handle whatever you want to say to me.  Second, what gives you the right to assume that I’m tired or not.  I’m seventeen now; I’m not a little girl that everyone thinks I am; so, spit it out.  Finally, and most importantly, everyone needs to stop assuming things and then pull a quick one when I look ready to kill someone,” She gave me a big smile and talked in the sweetest voice I have ever heard, and which I knew better to fight against, “So what did you want to tell me?”

“Really,” I put my hands up in the air, “it’s not that important, honestly.” I started to slowly back toward the door.

Instantly, a silver wolf was leaping toward me with a feral expression.  Although I knew that she wouldn’t hurt me, much, I froze.  I couldn’t even comprehend her hurting me.  Then again, I thought the same thing about Tyler. 

As I began the shift, Katy was on top of me, shoving me against the bedroom wall and my process was halted.  Fiery green eyes stared back at me. 

“Katy!” I gasped. She slightly shifted some of her weight off my chest as I sucked in a wheezing breath.  “Get off me!” I choked out, trying to shove her off me, but my oxygen lacking arms only gave her a nudge which further angered her.

Seeing no possible way out, I relied on my father’s training once again and forced the wolf forward.  The bones in my body began cracking and the muscles started to tear.  Pain shot straight to my head, but I continued regardless.  My head reformed and a snout appeared.  Black fur began to appear all over my body, covering were my cloths had as they fell to the floor in tatters.  The bones and muscles in my arms and legs reformed and when I dropped to all fours, my spine realigned to my new posture.  Finally, my missing tail came back to me as my spine continued to stretch to replace the needed ligament and the last of my shiny coat finished covering me fully head to paw. 

You need to stop! It’s not going to end well for you if you don’t. I warned.

UHHHHHH, why do all guys have to be so stupid!  Don’t tell me what to do; I can take care of myself just fine without the rest of the world worrying about it! She screamed back at me.

I understand, but if you don’t stop now, it will become dangerous, please just change back. She began to hear my pleading in my voice.

Fine, but you need to leave. She sounded defeated.

Are you sure? I can stay if you want.

By all means, stay. She gave me a sly, calculating look. You can always get a free strip show out of me; all you have to do is ask. She gave a swat to my jaw with her paw, but I was already heading for the door, trying to get out of there before I did something that I’m sure Steven would kick me out for.  Defiling the Alpha’s only daughter wasn’t high on my hit list.  Suddenly, I found myself wondering how she even got on any of my lists at all.  When did I even have a list?

Just keep walking, please.

No problem princess.

Sure you don’t want that show big guy?

No I’m good.

Katy’s POV

“I don’t want anything!”  A girl's voice rang through the phone, blasting into my sensitive ear.

 “Brie?” I asked tentatively.

“Kate? What’s up sister?" Brie's voice changing immediately to a more friendly and calm tone.

“Can you come over to my room?" 

“Why K?”  Brie asked.

“Can you or not?” I demanded harshly. 

“Sure.” 

“Thanks girl.”

“Bring Lexy?”  Brie questioned.

“Don’t care, just hurry up.” I said snippily. 

“Sassy today I see. What got your fur in a twist?”  She teased.

“Nothing you’re going to believe.”

“Fine, don’t tell me.”  Brie stated in pretend hurt.

“It keeps you in suspense. So hurry up!” I told her with no remorse.

“I wasn’t doing anything important anyways.” She let out a sigh.

“Brianna!”  I huff out.

“Okay, okay, okay. I’m going.”

“Bring Alexis!”  I shout out at the last second.

“I thought you said you don’t care.”

“Just do it!”

“Yes princess.”  Brie said formaly.

I groaned.

“Did you just groan? I thought you loved being called princess.”

“I change my mind.”  I said thinking back to when Kyle had called me that earlier.

“Oh this is going to be fun. Be there in a jiffy.”  Brie said with a laugh before hanging up.

Jamming my thumb into the disconnect button of my phone, I wondered if talking to my only two friends would help or aggravate me even more.  One of these days Kate, one of these days.  The words flowed in my head like a mantra.  Soon I was staring into space, only to find myself dreaming about his vivid blue eyes.

Yaaah! So this is sort of long? I think, I hope.  Anywhose please comment and vote! Oh and bolded italics are conversations happening silently through the mate bond! Regular italics are also silent conversations but can only take place in wolf form and is open to anyone in the same pack.

nikki <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 4.4K 7
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 4 of the "My Mate......" series Ryker Storm is the alpha of the Alpha is the Moonlit Oasis Pack...
29K 1.1K 36
For Vivian and Rowland Carter life couldn't get any better. They were the Alpha and Luna of one of the world's biggest Pack of wolves. They had the l...
90.2K 4.2K 22
READ BOOK ONE MY MATE.....THE NERD FIRST Lucas King, the oldest son of Alphas Dimitir and Bennett King, is not your typical 15 year old teenager. Wh...
8.2K 350 56
Audrey Mitchell is half werewolf half human. She has been moving town to town with her father for the past eight years, ever since she was ten. Wh...