When Worlds Collide (Title ma...

By alibaby

Brooke Taylor is your average 18 year old. Popular, good grades and great friends. Ben Collins doesn't come f... More

When Worlds Collide (Title may change)
When Worlds Collide - Chapter Three
When Worlds Collide - Chapter Four
When Worlds Collide - Chapter Five
when Worlds Collide - Chapter Six
When Worlds Collide - Chapter Seven
When Worlds Collide - Chapter Eight
When Worlds Collide - Chapter Nine
When Worlds Collide - Chapter 10
When Worlds Collide - 11

When Worlds Collide - Chapter Two

79 3 0
By alibaby

Harvey Anderson ---------->

I drove for a while before I stopped in what I knew was a bad neighbourhood.  I recognized it from TV. I pretty much fell out of the car onto the sidewalk in tears. No one came to me. I knew what they must be thinking. 'Poor little rich girl has allowance cut down....’ My heart felt like it had been ripped out of my chest.

I heard a car screech to a stop. I didn't bother looking up. If someone wanted to rob me, they could just take what they wanted. Unfortunately it was Harvey. I could just make out his blonde hair.

"Brooke, please please give me a chance."

"NO!" I screamed through my tears. "You hurt me. You fucking asshole! Leave me alone!"

"Not until we talk." He grabbed my shoulders.

"Don’t you fucking touch me!" I screamed even louder. A door opened and the sound of footsteps got closer. Harvey flew off me and onto the floor. He tried to fight back against someone in grey sweats and a tight black t-shirt.

"She said get off her!" The other guy yelled as he punched Harvey. "Get in your car and leave her!" Harvey scrambled to his feet and ran to his car. The boy turned around. His green eyes locked onto mine. He smirked as he stepped closer.

"I have pepper spray." I whispered trying to look serious, knowing my eyes are puffy and red.

"Good. Maybe one day you'll need it." He smiled and shook his head. "You look like you need a coffee, want to come in?" I looked at him cautiously. "If you think I'll attack you, my mom is inside." He held out his hand. Reluctantly I took it. He picked up my car keys and locked my car. "I'm Ben by the way."

"Brooke." I whispered.

His house was so much smaller than mine. As soon as we walked in we were in the lounge. The kitchen was to the left. Everything was on one floor. I couldn't imagine living here. My bedroom was bigger than his lounge!

His mom was in the kitchen sat at a small table that took up most of the room in there. "Hey mom, it’s all okay out there. This is Brooke; I think she needs a coffee." I looked down and noticed we were still holding hands.

"Nice to meet you Brooke. I'm Jenna." She held out her hand, reluctantly letting go of Ben, I shook her hand. "Boyfriend trouble out there?"

I shook my head. "He's not my boyfriend. Anymore." Ben poured me a cup of black coffee. He passed me a milk bottle and a bowl of sugar. "Thank you." I smiled gratefully.

We made small talk with his mom before she left for work. "Thank you." I smiled at Ben feeling more relaxed in his company. "For saving me."

"No problem. I'm sure any decent guy would have done the same thing. Its just around here no one likes to get caught up in other peoples business. So how old are you? I haven't seen you around anywhere."

"Eighteen. I'm a senior at Riverside High." Ben just nodded. "How old are you?"

"Twenty. I went to a different school, obviously... Want a tour?" He smiled. I found myself warming to him. I nodded and picked up my coffee.

All that there was really to see was his room. Predictable boys’ room. TV, Playstation, models on his wall. It was tidy though, with the exception of a few cardboard boxes scattered in the corner.

In the tiny garage you accessed through a door in the kitchen was his 'pride and joy'. A black 1969 Chevy. He leaned against the hood of the car and I'd be lying if I said he didn't look hot.

"Nice." I smiled. "I... Uh... The car I mean." I stammered. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm always so confident around guys I can talk forever...but this boy made me feel a little self conscious.

"Yeah it is. Hey if you ever need a ride... Let me know. I may even let you drive." He smirked. He pushed himself off the car and took my hand again.

We moved out into the back yard. He didn't press for answers on what the hell happened outside his house. I told him about my brother’s film. What I do for fun. Taking a seat on the plastic chairs my mom would freak out over, we played cards.

Before I knew it, the sun had set for the day and it was dark. "I better go." I picked up my bag and stood up. Ben walked me to my car. "Nice to meet you Ben. Thank you for everything today."

"You too. Hey, if you feel like crying outside someone’s house, you're welcome to come here." He laughed making me smile. I playfully slapped his chest. His abs were rock hard making my heart skip a beat. This boy was totally hot! His green eyes felt like they pierced my soul every time he looked at me. All I wanted to do was kiss him.

He passed me a piece of paper. "It’s my number, if you need help anytime. Call me okay?" I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek before letting go. I climbed in my car. He waved and watched me drive off the street.

****

"Young lady! Where have you been?" My mom yelled as soon as I shut the door. "And don't lie, Harvey came by."

"Oh great. Did he tell you what he's done to me?" I said with a smile.

"He told me you had a misunderstanding. Work it out honey, you are young. You'll get over this." I took a step back from her. "Please honey, you'll see. You are just a teenager; he won't always be like this!" I raised my hands as a 'stop' gesture.

"Not now mom, please." Sadness rolled off my tongue. She took the hint and walked back to the kitchen. With a heavy heart I slowly made my way to bed.

Tossing and turning all night was not good. I kept thinking of Harvey and Ben, comparing the two. Around two am I couldn't take anymore. I picked up the phone and bit my lip.

"Pick up." I whispered over and over again into the darkness. Finally there was the hello I wanted. "Sorry its late but I just...want to talk." The conversation was easier than I thought. After a while I finally smiled. As we said goodbye I felt comfortable enough to sleep.

"Morning princess." My dad greeted me at breakfast the next morning. "How's the situation with Harvey?"

"Oh god not you too dad, he's a jerk! Look at what he did to her!" Josh jumped in to my defence.

"I agree son." Josh and I glared at dad in shock. "Just don't tell your mother okay?" He laughed as he read the morning paper.  "So what's your plans for today kids?"

"I'm hitting the court with the guys for fun." Josh smiled as he buttered his bagel. "Brooke is tagging along with me. Then if Harvey shows his face he'll think twice about even thinking of my baby sis." I shook my head laughing.

****

Ten minutes into the game I was bored. I yelled I was leaving. I drove through the streets of Riverside. I drove past my 'friends' at a local coffee shop. When I stopped and looked to my right I saw I had parked outside Ben's house. Before I knew it I was out of my car and knocking on his door.

Through the glass I saw him pull off his shirt. Wow. He opened the door and looked suprised to see me. "Brooke! Are you okay?" He looked worried. "Brooke?"

"Sorry I...I shouldn't have come here. Sorry." As I turned to walk away he grabbed my wrist and spun me around. "Ben." I sighed his name. He pulled me inside and shut the door. We walked to the back yard and he told me to sit on the chair. "Did I disturb you?"

"No, I was just working on the garden." He threw me a bottle of water. I couldn't take my eyes off him. Hot, nice guy and bad ass. 'Just what you need' Josh's comment rang in my mind. "It was nice to talk to you last night, I slept well after that." He smiled as he poured the rest of the water over him. I licked my lips slowly at how hot that was. He had a tattoo on his arm. It was a black sun-like tribal shape. God I want to run my fingers over that.

"Um, me too." I blushed when he noticed me looking at him. "Your tattoo is cool."

"You got one?" He raised an eyebrow as his eyes trailed down my body. I shook my head a little too fast. "Alright Brooke, keep your panties on...  You seem like too much of a nice girl anyway." He chuckled. I frowned at him.

"I could get one if I wanted." I crossed my arms. He patted my head and nodded. "I could!" I knew he didn't believe me. "Do your garden yard boy." I waved my hand and pulled my sun glasses off my head.

Ben turned on the radio to 101.4, the most popular station in Riverside. His head nodded along to the beat of an old Timberland song. Feeling the heat, I walked inside and grabbed two sodas from the fridge in the kitchen. I tapped Ben on his shoulder and smiled as I passed him the bottle.

Katy Perry Teenage Dream began to play from my bag. I groaned knowing its Harvey at the other end of the line. "What?" I sighed down the phone when I finally picked up.

"Baby I've done a lot of thinking and the thing is.. I know you'll never trust me again but please baby, please find it in your heart to forgive me... I need you." He whispered.

My eyes wandered over to Ben who was texting on his phone. "Harvey. I just, need time okay.  I'll see you at school tomorrow." I ended the call before I started to cry.

"Hey want to go to a bar?" Ben asked as he leaned one arm on a rake.

"I'm eighteen." I raised an eyebrow.

"The manager is a good buddy of mine. I'm sure he'll let you have a Cosmo or whatever the hell you poor people drink." With a smile on my face I stood on my toes to reach his ear.

"I'm more of a beer girl."

******

I felt like crap the following morning. I didn't have a hangover, we stayed at the bar until 10pm. We took a cab back to Ben's place and I picked up my car. The feeling of crap came because I knew I couldn't avoid Harvey today... He had already texted me asking if he could pick me up for school. I ignored the message.

After I showered I threw my hair back into a pony tail and slipped my baseball cap on my head. My pink t-shirt hugged my body and I threw on my white jogging pants. Today was going to be fun. I grabbed my cell off my bed and saw another message. I smiled when I saw Ben's name. 'Good Luck today x'

My mom and dad had already left for work when I made it downstairs. Josh, I assumed was either at college or a girl's place.

I took my time eating my breakfast. Harvey texted me again asking if I want a ride. I sent him a picture of my car with a caption, 'got one'.  Fifteen minutes before homeroom starts I left my house. I decided to leave late to avoid him... And her.

Unfortunatly for me, I was stuck in calculus with all of them. Harvey, his boys and the girls sat in our usual spot at the back. Harvey stood up when he saw me stood awkwardly by the door. Tina James, the biggest loner in school had a seat free next to her. I dropped my bag and slipped into the chair. "Hey Tina, do you mind if I sit here?"

"No problem." She whispered as Mr Freeman wrote some equations on the board.

"Brooke? Nice to see you up the front for a change." He smiled sympathetically. Gossip spreads as far as the teachers lounge here. I shrugged as he passed me last Friday's pop quiz.

The whole week went by like that. I'd avoid Harvey and Simone. None of my friends talked to me. I threw myself into tutoring. I spent the Friday night at Ben's place having dinner with him and his mom. My eyes glanced over the clock on the wall. It was one of those novelty cat clocks where the eyes and tail move. The time showed 6.30, almost game time.

I should be there in uniform getting the crowd ready. I should be stood on the sidelines watching Harvey score touchdowns. I should be thinking how great the after party will be tonight. But having a small dinner with casual conversation thrilled me more.

Ben washed the dishes as me and Jenna ate ice cream and watched the news. When they mentioned another robbery, a smash came from the kitchen. I jumped off the couch to find Ben picking up parts of a plate off the floor. He was cursing to himself. "Hey," I rested my hand on his face. "Relax." He smiled as his green eyes pierced my soul.

"Want to come to my house tomorrow for dinner?" I smiled softly at him. He simply nodded. I kissed his cheek gently. We spent the night cuddled up on the couch watching movies. Just before one, I left to go home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 194 34
Aleesha Brooke was a girl known as the missing girl for 10 years. Her best friend of 20 years, Gabby Lynn, helped her get away from her father. Her f...
43 2 31
Have you ever had a reason to fall in love and hope they would cling on for life? No? Than this story might take you for a leap. Terri loves her best...
71.5K 1.9K 55
Brooke is just the typical teenager girl. She is new to California and soon gets used to everything about it, school, the lifestyle but when she meet...
1.2K 23 23
My name is Brooke Ortega. I'm 17. And I'm your average pretty, popular girl at school. I will admit, I am one of the popular girls who is super fit a...