Pure Bliss (Discontinued) (Se...

By mebby88

*Life simply can't always be bliss.* "YOU'RE DEAD," were the words written in red on Bliss Collins's mirror... More

Preface
Chapter 1 ~ I Tripped
Chapter 2 ~ Dazed
Chapter 3 ~ Save Me
Chapter 4 ~ Kryptonite
Chapter 5 ~ Keep Your Temper In Check
Chapter 7 ~ Call Me Crazy
IMPORTANT!

Chapter 6 ~ Deceiving Looks

251 7 2
By mebby88

Pure Bliss ~ Chapter 6 ~ Deceiving Looks

Recap: My body started shaking. I was barely aware of Lucas picking me up. He ran to the house, but before we got there, I changed into a wolf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Bliss’s P.O.V.

My original plan to start a conversation with Dylan didn’t end up working. It wasn’t because I chickened out, though. Everything happened so fast. One minute I was brainstorming what I was going to say to Dylan, & the next minute I was witnessing a fight.

The entire thing was hard to watch. Matt, Jason, Riley, & Iain beat Dylan to the ground. Even though Oliver Carson jumped in to help him, it still wasn’t a fair fight. Dylan did way more damage than I thought he could do. I knew if the fight had only been between Matt & Dylan, Matt wouldn’t have lasted two minutes.

I felt so helpless just standing there & watching like the rest of the crowd. I wanted to help Dylan more than anything, but I didn’t know how to. There was so much blood. It scared me because I didn’t know how much he was hurt. I guessed that he had a broken nose, judging by the blood pouring from his nose. That was just about all that I could tell, though. Of course he had other injuries, but what if he lost too much blood?

Where the hell were the teachers? The fight was in the middle of the cafeteria & no authority figures were running to break it up!

I had to do something! I had to help somehow! Not thinking out a plan first, I pushed past the crowd. Dylan was moaning in pain, literally crawling away from the fight. The sight made my heart ache. Quickly, I helped him stand, having to hold him up once he stood. His face was swollen & bleeding. He looked like he was about to pass out, so my hold on his arm tightened.

“Dylan?” I said, my voice filled with concern. He seemed confused as his eyes met mine. I gasped, completely shocked at what I saw. His eyes weren’t their usual dark color, they were gold! Bright gold. Eyes don’t just change color randomly! That’s not normal! I couldn’t make sense of it. I wondered if my eyes were playing a trick on me or something.

“What’s happening to you?” My voice was barely a whisper, I was so…I didn’t even know what I was feeling. I was scared, I knew that for sure. I was scared that Dylan was hurt & I was scared for myself for some reason. My instinct was screaming at me to run.

Dylan shook him head, managing to stumble away from my hold. He ran out of the cafeteria clumsily as I stood frozen to my spot.

His eyes were gold! What did that mean? I silently hoped he’d recently gotten colored contacts as I ran after him.

For a guy who’d just had the crap beaten out of him, Dylan ran so fast that I had trouble following him. He didn’t look like he knew where he was going & he wouldn’t stopped stumbling. I was more than worried he might fall into the lake or something. The fear only made me run faster to catch up with him. There were a few times that I couldn’t see him when he turned some sharp corners. It seemed like he was getting faster. Either that or I was slowing down.

“Dylan! Wait up! You could hurt yourself,” I shouted, but it didn’t make a difference.

Five minutes later, he finally started to slow his pace. I could tell because I was catching up to him. All of my focus was centered on Dylan. I was sure something bad was going to happen if I didn’t get to him. We were still far apart from each other, but he was at least in sight.

It wasn’t until he collapsed that I noticed where we were. Dylan fell to his knees right outside the door to his house.

My brain instantly went into complete panic mode. He passed out! I’ve got to help him, was all I could think.

The front door suddenly swung open, & Lucas Heart was immediately at his brother’s side. It probably would’ve calmed me down a bit, knowing that someone was there to help, but then I realized that Dylan was shaking. His body was violently convulsing on the ground. Dylan was having a seizure!

I was almost caught up with them. Lucas looked tense but remained fairly calm. Maybe this has happened before. A gasp left my mouth when Lucas quickly scooped Dylan up. He was saying something to him, but I couldn’t hear what, I was too far away. He kicked the door open with his foot & ran inside the house, slamming the door behind them.

Not a second later, I was pounding my fists against the door. “Lucas! I’m calling 911, okay? What’s happening?!” I hollered, reaching in my pocket for my cell phone. I checked all of my pockets twice before I remembered. Lake Bluewaters had killed my phone when I fell into it. I couldn’t very well call 911 without a phone!

The door slightly opened, & I nearly fell in. My eyes were wide with fear as I met Lucas’s green eyes. A half smile appeared on his face. “Bliss, now I know I’m fun to be around, but shouldn’t you be in school?” he asked, an eyebrow raised. His body was blocking any entry inside the house, so I tried to push past him. He didn’t budge.

“I don’t have my phone! We need to call 911! Where’s Dylan? Where is he?” I shouted, still trying to get through. What the hell was Lucas doing? Didn’t he hear me?! Dylan obviously needed an ambulance.

“Bliss, I don’t know-”

“Lucas! Let me through! We have to get to Dylan!”

He frowned. “You mean he’s not in school?”

What?” I spat. He looked so serious, like he honestly didn’t know that his brother was in trouble. “He lost a lot of blood & he’s-”

“Shh, you need to calm down, okay?” he interrupted, taking a step forward & closing the door behind him. He put a hand on my shoulder. “Take deep breaths. Dylan is absolutely fine. I know he got into some trouble, but he called me from school. I told him to just go to the nurse & I’d pick him up later.”

What he was saying sounded like a foreign language to me. “No, I saw-”

“I think you should maybe go home & get some rest. Here, I’ll drive you.”

Lucas then proceeded to push me towards his car, so naturally I panicked even more & punched him in the jaw, taking him by surprise. Never in my life had I punched someone, but the pain didn’t register in my mind. Dylan, was all I thought as I ran for my life past the door & into the house.

Lucas ran after me, almost in the house. I couldn’t let him stop me, though. Dylan needed help! With that constant thought, I locked the door from the inside before Lucas could enter.

“Bliss, open this door!” he immediately yelled. There was something strange I could hear in his voice. Fear. “You’re not safe! Bliss! Open the damn door before I break it down!”

Ignoring him, I sprinted into the living room & looked around frantically. “Dylan!” I shouted, running into the next room. It was an empty kitchen.

The sound of glass breaking brought my attention to the staircase. “Dylan?!” I grabbed the railing & took the steps two at a time.

BLAM! There was a loud sound behind me. I turned my head so fast, I’m surprised I didn’t pull a muscle or something. My mouth dropped open at the sight behind me -- the front door was on the ground, no longer attached to the hinges. Lucas was suddenly in the house. For a second, I just stared at him. He seriously kicked the door down!

Lucas wasted no time & started running in my direction. I was already at the top of the staircase & booked it down the hallway once I realized that he was still trying to keep me from Dylan.

At that moment, terror & panic filled throughout my entire body. I’d only known the Hearts’ for what, four day? I didn’t really know them. Lucas could be chasing me down to hurt me for all I knew. Sure, he seemed nice, but looks can be deceiving.

“Stop right there!”

I was running out of time. He was gaining on me. Just about tripping over my own feet, I swung open the first door that was closest to me -- only a closet. Two more doors to check. I could do this!

Lucas was up the stairs five seconds later, when I’d just opened the second door. Pink met my eyes as I quickly took in the walls. There were pictures of flowers also covering the walls. Dylan was nowhere in sight, so I began to close the door but froze when I noticed that Lucas took another step & was right there next to me & the open door. My eyes widened, & I pushed the door into Lucas’s face. I took advantage of the second of surprise to leap another step closer to the last door.

Dylan had to be in that last room, beyond the closed door.

“No!” Lucas shouted right before I tripped & fell on my hands & knees. There wasn’t any time. I couldn’t think, so I acted. Crawling to the door that was almost in my reach, I was quickly stopped. Lucas had a hold of my right high-healed boot. He tried to pull me back, but I had the cream colored carpet in the death grip as I yanked my feet away from Lucas. I managed to escape his hold because my the boot he was pulling slipped off.

I jumped to my feet & grabbed the doorknob. “Wait!” Lucas hollered, sheer trepidation clear in his voice. He was behind me, still fighting to stop me, but it was too late. I’d opened the door. A scream flew past my lips.

The first thing I noticed was the blood on the carpet -- it wasn’t much, but it was still blood. The second thing I noticed wasn’t Dylan. There was a huge wolf with golden eyes next to the bed. It had black fur & was quietly growling, its eyes locked on mine.

“Dylan,” I faintly heard Lucas whisper so quietly, I don’t think I was meant to hear it. Oh my god! Dylan! My eyes scanned the animal again, stopping on its mouth. Bits of dried blood was all over, near its mouth. It…ate Dylan! My mouth was already wide open, ready to scream again, but I couldn’t make a sound. The wolf ate Dylan!

It suddenly made a horrible noise & before I realized what was happening, Lucas was next to the animal, holding it down. The wolf continued to make awful yelping noises.

Now, I know I’d viewed Lucas as an enemy a few minutes ago, but now all I wanted was for him to get out of the way so he’d be safe. I mean, what the hell was that idiot doing?! He was going to die if I didn’t do something! I went against my instinct to run away & forced myself to move toward Lucas & the wolf.

I was about to pull Lucas back to the door with me, when he said with a clenched jaw, “Stay back, Bliss. Leave.” He meant it. I’d never heard him sound so…demanding. But there was no way I’d leave him alone with a killer wolf!

That was when something so unbelievable & just…impossible happened. The wolf’s jet black fur was replaced with skin -- Lucas wasn’t holding down the wolf anyone, he was holding down Dylan. I gasped, blinking repeatedly as I tried to process what had just happened.

A wolf had transformed into Dylan Heart right before my eyes. It was impossible, but I’d seen it happen!

I noticed the dried blood on Dylan’s face, realizing it was probably from the fight at school. Fresh blood covered his left hand, & I wondered why. But there were so many more questions I wanted to know the answers to. It wasn’t until Lucas tossed him a blanket from the bed that I realized that he was completely naked. He wrapped the blanket around himself & finally met my eyes.

All I could do was stare. I had absolutely no idea what to say, what to think. This had to be a dream or something. It should’ve been impossible, but I’d witnessed it with my own eyes.

Dylan Heart was a werewolf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy crapola! I FINALLY finished it! I’ve been completely focusing on schoolwork, so it’s been hard to find time to write. Plus I’ve been lazy. So…now Bliss knows! Whoop, whoop! I hope you liked this chapter! This chapter is definitely dedicated to xSoaring_Angel93x because she told me she was going to read this story again (she’s an awesome fan & was one of my most frequent commenters on the original Pure Bliss! Yes, she’s that awesome, she decided to re-read this after reading the first badly written draft!) Okay, so this next chapter will be exciting. First, Dylan explains himself. Then, the first Mystery P.O.V.

……..Comment……..Vote………if you love it! ;)

~Mebby88

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

720K 17K 58
(Be warned!! Grammatical errors! Written when I was 13 years old just can't find myself to delete it. Hope you enjoy it anyway :) Claire Dawson is...
248K 5.1K 24
Bliss is a shy, sweet girl who just wishes she had a different life. Living as an Omega when her father is Alpha is hard. Being called names and bei...
449 72 17
She knew that her twin brother Casey got into trouble outside of school, but she didn't know that he was getting into "Lukas Hasten" kind of trouble...
1.3K 97 26
"Yeah I'm um not your typical vamp, I'm different, an individual like my sister" I told him He smiled "Well I like different" Life from then onwards...