The Girl Next Door

Por trinajones1234

"What's your name?" "Why are ya talkin' to mi?" "Because I want to. Now, what's your name?" "You don... Mais

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
It's my birthday!!!
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~30~ (The real update)
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
Important Information
~48~
~49~
~50~
~51~
~52~
Not An Update (but please read)
~53~
~54~
~55~
Back in Business

~6~

5.5K 275 76
Por trinajones1234

                                                              "Even though you out here looking so ungrateful. I'mma keep it moving, be classy and graceful..."

7:00 p.m 

Onika Maraj

I step out of the shower and blindly reach for a towel. Successfully finding it, I wrap it around my body. 

The silence in the house is welcoming since Roman said that she was going to a kickback.

I walk into my room, heavy in thought about what to wear. 

A few minutes later, I am dressed in comfortable grey sweats and a white tank top. Satisfied, I walk out of my room and head downstairs to find something to eat.

As I walk down the stairs, I hear the unmistakable sound of a ball bouncing. Furrowing my brows, I walk over to one of the living room windows. 

Peeking through the silk curtains, I see the girl next door bouncing a ball underneath the basketball goal, seemingly waiting waiting for someone. I see that it's just starting to get into the dusk time period, casting a orange glow outside. 

I then remember that I have to go get the mail. I'm expecting a letter from UCLA saying that I've been accepted and so far it hasn't came in yet.

I walk to the door, disabling the security alarm, then I head outside.

The natural salty air of Santa Monica hits me, though there isn't an ocean nearby. I walk down the warm cobblestone path, barefooted, to my mailbox. 

As I do, I watch the green-eyed girl across the street run gracefully to the hoop and bounds into the air, making a perfect layup with ease. She quickly retrieves the ball and begins to cross up an imaginary person.

I shake my head, laughing quietly at her actions and open the mailbox. In the dusky sunlight, I see that I have two envelopes sitting in the mailbox, both looking heavy in weight. 

I squeal and pull out the two envelopes. The first one, to my dismay, is for Roman from a college and the second on is for my mom. My mouth drops open and I switch through them again, but nothing is addressed to me.

A groan escapes my mouth and travels into the air. It stops when I feel something lightly push against the back of my legs.

I turn around and see that a ball is at my feet. 

I look up and see the girl from next door walking towards me. My heart starts racing as I bend over and pick up the ball, juggling the ball and the mail. 

As she comes closer, I see that she is quite taller than me. Sweat is beading up on her forehead and her collarbone which is quite visible since she's wearing a Golden State Warrior jersey. 

"Ya gonna give meh mi ball back, or ya jus' gon' keep starin' ah meh, gal?"

I take a step back, startled by:

1. Her accent, which was as thick as mine when I first came here. 

And

2. How rude she's being when I was just trying to help her.

She takes a step closer to me, leaving a few inches between us. Automatically, chills run down my spine, making me shudder.

I mentally curse myself as I watch a smile slide across her face. That's when I take in her facial features.Her strong jawline which outlined her face.

 Her bright green eyes which bore into mine, making me feel smaller than I actually am. 

She then takes another step towards me, leaving no space between us. I can feel her little puffs of breath at the top of my head, each one sending a tingling sensation through my body.

Fuck. Why is she having this effect on me? And why's she so close to me?

Suddenly, her right hand moves into the space between us, making me jump slightly. She then takes the ball from my hands, making me feel stupid.

As my face heats up in embarrassment, I hear the taller girl chuckle. 

"Wha' ya tink I was gunna do?" She asks, almost confidently.

I start to say something, but a voice interrupts us,"You ready for this ass whooping, Jamaica?"

The girl's and I's attention turns to Zendaya whose walking across the street, a smile on her face.

                           (A/N  that shirt tho... 😂  )

The girl chuckles and says," I'm nah from Jamaica."

Zendaya laughs, stopping in front of us. 

That's when she takes notice to me,"hey, Onika," she says, drawing my name out,"how ya been?"

I feel my face heating up as it does every time she talks to me. 

"Good," I reply.

"That's good. Anyhoo... You ready for this game?" She asks, redirecting her attention to the green-eyed girl.

"Yah. Waited all day fa it," the girl replies, starting to walk away. 

"Alright then. I'll see you later, Nika," she says as they both begin walking away. 

I can't help but to feel a pang of jealousy that Zendaya and the new girl are already buddy-buddy. Seems like she got there before I did and I really don't like that.

I shake my head and start walking up the cobblestone path to my house. Once I'm in the house, I turn on the security alarm and walk back upstairs to my room. 

As I near my room, I hear my phone ringing. I rush into my room and pick up my phone.

"Hello?" I ask, answering it.

"Hey, Nika," Robert's voice comes through the phone.

"Hey," I greet, sitting down on my bed.

"So... I was thinking that I can come over today. I have to ask you something about the biology homework."

"Biology homework?" I ask, skeptical of his intentions,"is that it?"

"Well, no." He admits,"I also have to talk to you about something I've been waiting to talk to you about... If that makes any sense."

I chuckle and shake my head,"I guess."

"Alright then. I'll be over there in five."

"Five? Why so quickly?" I ask, surprise evident in my voice.

"I just happened to be driving around in the neighborhood, and I thought about you."

I can feel my face heating up at the small compliment,"OK. I'll be waiting."

"Ok. Bye."

§§

Robyn Fenty

"Game point already?" Zen asks, bouncing the ball to me. 

I nod. We've only been playing for about 15 minutes, but I'm already beating her 20-19. I have to say, she is pretty good. But not better than me.

A horn honks, startling me. I turn to my right and see a black Ford Mustang trying to get past us. 

I move out of the way and watch as the driver pulls the car into Onika's driveway. 

I furrow my brows in confusion,"Aye. Who's dat?"

Zen turns her head and takes notice to the car too,"Oh. That's Robert..."

I watch as a stock figure gets out of the car, flowers and a teddy bear in hand. 

"Who's dat? Ya sayin' Robert like I kno' who ya talkin' 'bout," I say. 

"He's crushing real hard on Onika. From what I see, he's going to go ask her out," She informs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote. Comment.

~Trina J.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
678K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
957K 36.2K 86
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
81.5K 4.7K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...