The Billionaire // H.S & S.G

harlenaislife tarafından

They always tell you not to mix business with pleasure. Cover by @CelticLove Highest Ranking #19 in Fanf... Daha Fazla

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Epilogue
Thank You

74

9.1K 297 12
harlenaislife tarafından

A/N: Hello guys, firstly thank you for being so patient with the updates. I've been irregular, I know. I'm sorry. Now onwards regular updates for you guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR, hope you all are doing good! Also in the picture above on the left is Josh Hutcherson is who I envision as Kyle and on the right is Samuel Krost who I envision as Daniel. I hope you like this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote if you do! (: xxxx

Harry 

The buzzing from my alarm clock ringed my ears causing me to wake up. I blink a few times trying to adjust my eyes to the light. I pick up my phone from my nightstand to see it was almost 7:30. Shit, I should get ready quickly otherwise Millie would be late for school. I pull the covers off my body and run to the bathroom.

After a quick shower I change into a grey and white suit and head downstairs. Millie was peacefully eating her cereal while watching cartoons. I pick up my cup of coffee and sat beside Millie. I place a kiss on her forehead,"Good Morning Sweetheart." I smile at her.

"Morning Daddy." Millie mumbles with her mouth full of cereal.

"We have to leave in five minutes. Why don't you quickly finish that up?"

"Okay." Millie says and continues hoarding her cereal causing me to chuckle at how adorable she looks.

After finishing my coffee I sit the mug aside and quickly gather my work essentials.

"Harry!" Brenda calls me as I put my laptop in it's case.

I turn around to see Brenda walking towards me with a plastic box in her hand,"These are some brownies I made for Selena. I know how much she loved them. Would you mind giving these to her and giving her my love?"

I smile and take the box from her hands,"Sure. I will."

"She isn't around here anymore. Does Millie know she's back?" Brenda asks.

"I don't think Millie does and the reason she isn't around here is because we're on a break." I mutter the last part.

"Well I hope that break isn't permanent but then again that's none of my business. It wouldn't be weird for you to give those to her right? I can drop by her place and give it to her if you're uncomfortable?" Brenda suggests.

"No. No. It's fine. Don't worry." I weakly smile at her.

"Thank you Harry." Brenda says.

I politely smile at her,"Come on Millie! Let's go we don't want you to be late."

.....

"Daddy. Hasn't it been two months since Selena went on her vacation?"Millie asks.

"Yes it has sweetheart." I causally answer hoping Millie drops the subject.

"Is Selena back yet?" Millie asks.

Lie or be honest? Selena genuinely cares about Millie but. I shouldn't lie to my daughter but then she would want to see Selena like today. What do you say to your daughter when she asks about your ex girlfriend?

"Daddy?" Millie asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh. Yeah?"

"Is Selena back from her vacation?" Millie looks at me with wide eyes.

"Yes she is sweetheart." I say and smile at her.

"She is? When will I see her?" Millie asks anxiously.

"Hmm. I don't know. I'll ask Selena when she's free and then you can spend time with her." I suggest.

"Okay! I really miss her." Millie says.

I smile,"You'll see her soon sweetheart. Be a little patient."

"Okay daddy." Millie says.

......

I politely nod at Selena as I walk into my office. Damn she looks gorgeous today then again when does she not look beautiful. I forgot how hard all of this was going to be, especially when I get to see her everyday. I wish this was easy but it's one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life-pushing her away. I'm trying to convince myself that what I'm doing is right but my heart tells me otherwise.

I exhale a long deep breath as I take a seat. I really need to start my work or else I would keep thinking about Selena all day long. I take out my laptop and start to get to work.

Fifteen minutes into my work, there was a knock on my door. Without looking I simply call out a "come in".

"Good Morning. Your coffee." I look up to see a smiling Selena standing beside my desk.

"Morning. Thank you." I smile at her.

"First things first should I just address you as Harry or Mr Styles?" Selena starts off.

"Selena. We're still friends. You don't have to be so formal with me."

"I know. I know but I thought maybe you would have wanted me to be more formal at work. Never mind. I got it." Selena smiles.

"Okay. About yesterday, how many new people did you hire?" I ask.

"So far none. Kyle and I have chosen the most qualified people we've just got to narrow it down to best so we can call them and let them know when to start from." Selena says.

"Okay. Just let me know the final people you decide to higher."

"Alright I will. Anything else I can do for you?"

"Hmm. Not at the moment." I say looking around my office thinking of anything I need for Selena to do, until a plastic container on my desk catches my eye,"Actually wait. I almost forgot these. Brenda made these for you. She sends you her love." I smile as I hand Selena the brownies.

"Aww thank you. This is so sweet of her. I'm literally going to end up finishing all of these today." Selena jokes.

I chuckle lowly,"She knows how much you love brownies."

"She sure does." Selena smiles,"So should I get back to my work if you don't have anything you need me to do?"

"No thank you Selena. I'll ring you if I need any help."

"Okay." Selena nods and walks out of my office.

.....

Today, I didn't leave for lunch. I didn't even bother going downstairs. I just sat in my office and ate an apple. I just stare outside my window and just thought about a few things that have been bothering me recently. I guess today is a gloomy day for me.

A set of laughter echoed in the hallway causing me to turn around and see the source of the laughter. Selena and Kyle were outside my office near the elevator giggling and chuckling about something they both found very amusing. I had no idea the two of them were that close. Nevermind. I turn back around to get back to my work until I was disturbed yet again but this time by a knock on my door.

"Come in" I mumble and walked in none other then Selena and Kyle. Bloody great.

"What can I do for you two?" I ask sharply.

"Selena and I would like to discuss the people we're considering upon hiring." Kyle says and then smirks at Selena. What is going on here?

I fight the urge to roll my eyes and gesture for them to take a seat.

"Out of everyone that came in yesterday, there were only six people that we interviewed who seemed like they were qualified enough to work here." Selena starts off.

"Good. So they're hired. Tell them to start off this Monday." I say.

"But. They're all weird." Selena says half giggling.

"Yes very weird." Kyle says emphasizing the word weird.

Once again I fight the urge to roll my eyes. I open my mouth to speak but was beat by Kyle,"Okay so one of them was a clear pervert. Ask Selena."

"Yeah he most definitely was." Selena nods at Kyle.

"And we weren't even sure if he was straight or gay. He kept checking both of us out the entire time and God were we uncomfortable." Kyle says.

Selena giggles,"He was a proper creep."

"I know right? And the next one had issues. His significant other left him awhile ago and he looks like he cries every hour. He also kept bringing up heartbreak alot. Which was strange but he was very intelligent, right Selena?" Kyle asks Selena.

"Yes he was. He could for sure be the head accountant here. His Math's was on fire. Plus he went to Harvard can you believe it?"

"Can you just imagine him crying about his ex at his Harvard graduation?" Kyle chuckles.

Selena starts laughing,"Yes I can actually. Oh God! I kinda feel sorry for his friends."

Kyle touches Selena's hand and makes a weird face at her which I assume is also one of their inside jokes and the two of them starting laughing out loud once again.

"Not to mention that-" Kyle starts until I interrupt him.

"Selena and Kyle. I'm you're boss and you're not here to tell me stories about the people you interviewed or how they're weird. I told you earlier Selena that I just want a list of the people who you two decide to hire here. Their personal life or their character is not my problem and it shouldn't be yours either. If they are qualified and you believe they can work here efficiently, then hire them. Am I clear?" I snap at the two of them.

Selena and Kyle both nod at me and get up from their seats.

"I want the list of the new workers before 4 pm today. Thank you!" I loudly tell them right as they're about to leave my office.

Maybe I'm acting like a dick but they can't just waste my time to tell me about some stupid jokes. They should just keep their stupid jokes to themselves and just laugh about them all day long.

......

At 3:30 pm there was a knock on my door. "Come in" I said and Selena walked inside my office.

"Take a seat Selena." I gesture for her to take a seat.

Selena takes a seat in front of me and places a paper on my desk. I pick up the paper and scam through it.

"These are the final people Kyle and I have decided upon who will work here. Next to their names is the position we're going to hire them for. " Selena says staring at her hands.

"Okay. This is fine. One of you give them a call and let them know they need to start here Monday." I say handing Selena the paper.

"Okay. That's all." Selena says.

"Selena, I apologize for snapping at you and Kyle like that. I had a lot of work that needed to be done before a deadline and I was simply not interested in the stories about the people who you two interviewed."

Selena smiles at me,"It's okay. I understand. Both of us were being highly unprofessional talking to you about ridiculous things. No hard feelings."

"Alright." I smile at her.

"Anything I can do for you..?" Selena asks.

"I just remembered. Millie asked about you today. She was very excited when I told her thay you're back. She is looking forward to seeing you-I mean if you want to spend time with her." I say.

"Ofcourse I want to spend time with her. I missed her so much. How is she doing?" Selena asks.

"She's good. Eager to see you. When would be a good time for the two of you to spend together?"

"Today's Tuesday. Umm. How about Thursday or Friday? You can drop her to my place?" Selena suggests.

"Okay. I'll let Millie know." I smile at her.

"It's a date." Selena smiles.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

255K 8.6K 43
"I fell in love with my Best Friend's Brother" Cover by @CelticLove Highest Ranking #829 in Fanfiction (5/10/2017)
4.6M 123K 130
@harrystyles liked your post @harrystyles commented on your post @harrystyles started following you |#1 in fanfiction| read at own risk *** written...
795K 13.4K 96
@harrystyles liked your post. @harrystyles commented on your post. @harrystyles started following you. - highest ranking: #179 in fanfiction (thank y...
449K 13.8K 24
"Marriage isnt about about a spell..it's about love..an-and trust." cover: me (: