The Engeneer

By kittycat3191

Inspired by Big Hero 6, Real Steel, and Megabots. It can be a hard life for a 14 year old Asian genius, name... More

The Monster

Intro

43 1 0
By kittycat3191

INTRO:

"My life has always been complicated.

Well....for a 14 year old, super genius Asian kid, named Hiro.

I've always had a knack for taking in information. My brain was like a big super computer that can download and spit it out information. Which is how I was able to skip a bunch of grades and graduate high school when I was twelve years old. Not a happy moment for my peers."

(Hiro is at his high school graduation. He is very small compared to his older peers. Hiro is called up to receive his diploma.

Even with the teachers smiling faces, the older kids harsh angered looks at the boy did not help. But Hiro didn't care. He had worked hard to make it through school and now he was finally going to graduate with honors.

Hiro was very excited for what comes next, because after today, he was going to move on to do better things.)

You're probably wondering if I'm in college now.

Yes and no.

I've always had a thing for robots. Must have gotten it from my father."

(A young Hiro, about the age of four, was watching his father build and test out a robot that was supposed to clean windows on buildings. The father was screwing in the last bolt before he picked up a keyboard and typed in the code. The robot began to perk up as it looked around.

The father had put out a piece of dirty glass for the robot to clean. It got its tools out before it began to go berserk and launch the cleaning chemical everywhere.

The little Hiro could not help but laugh at the robot's antics. The father just looked mad and unhappy with his robots reaction. He turned off the bot quickly as he could not figure out what went wrong. He just sighed a he left the room to get a towel to clean up the mess. Thank goodness it was just Windex. Nothing extremely harmful about that.

When the father got back with a bunch of towels, he looks up to see the little robot cleaning the glass. Hiro's father looks at the robot in confusion. When he looks at his son, he saw a screw driver in his hand and a smile on the boy's face.)

"Robotic engineering has always been my strong suit.

Thanks to my father, I've been able to pull and put pieces back together and build different robots. I could fix things very easily. And my room, that once housed a 3D imaging scanner and more, was my crown workshop.

.....Until I caused a small fire that now made my parents move me all my stuff to our fire and electric proof garage.

By the way, the yes and no about college. Let's just say after many failed attempts resulting in explosions and fires, just resulted in me being not allowed on school grounds. But since they did not want a fourteen year old super genius to not attend their school, they have me do all of my classes online.

Yaaaaaaa, technology is great, isn't it.

I'm only allowed on school grounds when I have to make a presentation.

So you're probably wondering about what my family is like. You kind of met my Dad. He's this big robotics engineer that owns one of the biggest robotic companies in the world.

Ya. My Dad is Shin Ishiyama. The proud owner of Robotics Futures.

But what you don't know is he's actual the super villain and crime lord, Yokia.

That's right. The guy who wants to build a better tomorrow is the crime lord Yokia. And you thought you had problems.

And it's not so people can buy his inventions, that he's a super villain. His motto is 'the world needs a little chaos.'

Hey, I don't understand it either but who can explain the calm, insane villain.

My mom on the other hand, was once a big time lawyer. It's actually how my parents met.

My parents were in their twenties when my mom had this big case, which led her to meeting my dad before he owned the super company who was on trial for stealing something. This bad boy kind of guy and my mom, the lady of justice, didn't get along very well.

He tried to woo, she ignored. It took five minutes and one wrong word for her to punch him in the face. After that, he fell for her hard.

It took about five court cases for her to finally say that she would only date him if he stopped being a criminal and did something productive and worthwhile in his life. She thought it would be impossible.

After a year, he made his first million by selling his robotic invention and make his own company. He just didn't tell her about the villain side job.

She said yes and five years later, they married and here comes me.

Now though, they are divorced, but have this odd relationship. The family and most of the planet don't know they are divorced. Only the staff (minions) of my father's work know and my mom's staff, which is only three people.

They also use each other for company meetings, fundraisers, and reunion. Claiming it's because the other is hot and will make everyone jealous and something about it being a pain to hire some random person, who they have to pay to keep quiet to do it.

It's very 'odd.'

Oh, and if you're wondering why my mom has staff when she works as a lawyer, it's because she's now a restaurant/ café/ bar owner.

My grandfather, who died six or seven years ago, left it to her. It was once a big time Japanese bar/ ramen shop. Now it's been converted into Rieko's Café and Bar.

Now I, on the other hand, let's just say I have a big secret that no one knows about.

It started about six years ago.

My dad told me to stop asking him about using and fixing his robots at his company. He told me that if I wanted to get my own parts I should go down to the scrap yard at West Point.

I think he was being sarcastic, but my eight year old self saw it more as a challenge.

(Little Hiro was in an all-black attire complete with a hoodie, black pants and shoes. His black backpack was slung over his shoulder as he crept through the broken fence.

He was entering Minear's Scrapyard. A place with all types of beat up cars, metal, and most of all, robots. It had very tight security due to the recent illegal bot fighting activity.

Hiro made his way down the many rows of scrap metal and parts. He had to watch out for lights and security dogs. The good thing was, Hiro could handle the robotic dogs. Inside his bag, he invented a transmitter that would render the dogs into giant puppies.

Speaking of dogs....

In front of Hiro were three metal dogs. Hiro slowly reached for his bag as he slowly unzipped it. He took out the transmitter and aimed.

The problem was that when Hiro hit the button, it did nothing to the dogs. Hiro looked down as he pressed the button furiously. He gulped and realized that the remote in his hands was one of his dad's remotes.

He looked at the dogs and gulped, "Eh heh, oops."

The robotic dogs growled before one let out a loud bark.

The chase was on as Hiro tried to outrun the dogs. But he knew it would only be a matter of time before they caught him.

Hiro did not need to get yelled at by his parents about doing something as stupid as this. He would also never hear the end of it from his father. "You got taken down by some robotic dogs. I thought you were a robotic genius."

Nuh uh. Hiro would never allow that to happen.

Hiro ran as fast as he could, making sharp turns and trying to find somewhere to hide. He was met with an edge of a cliff that he happened to fall off of.

Hiro slid down the muddy slope as he was heading to the dark depths below. But his hoodie got caught on something. Thus, he was halted from his decent.

Looking up, Hiro watched the robotic dogs look at him before walking off. There was no way to get the boy, so why bother waiting here.

The eight year old let out a breath of air. 'At least the dogs are gone,' Hiro thought in relief. Hiro tried to pull himself up and onto the ledge next to him.

Getting a look at what saved him, he saw it was an old and large robot that was used for military or bodyguard purposes. Hiro remembered seeing one when he was a lot younger at one of his father's company meetings with a man who was an investor.

This one looked to be one of those older models.

Hiro had to have him.

It took many hours for Hiro to get the big, heavy robot out of the dirt and up the hill. He somehow found an old dolly that he fixed and used it to pull the robot out.

But Hiro couldn't just bring the large robot home. No, his parents would ask him too many questions, and along with the fact they'd be very cross with him and take his robot.

No, Hiro had to find a place to work on the robot.

And he knew the perfect place.

Hiro remembered this old bunker that was never used from one of his history reports he had to do. It was perfect for Hiro.

Xxxxx

Once Hiro was in the bunker, he got started on the robot right away. Taking out tools and his laptop, Hiro began deconstructing and fixing every nook and cranny of the robot. He opened its access port and began to downloading the information and codes of the robot.

Hiro scanned its hard drive to find and fix any of the broken codes. He typed away on his keyboard as hours past.

He came back every day to work on his robot.

When the day finally arrived, Hiro put all the pieces together as he tested it out. Taking out his keyboard he typed in the last of the code. The boy stepped back and waited.

The robot did nothing.

Hiro went back to staring at his computer. This wasn't right. He never made any mistakes. Just look at all the robots he fixed for his dad.

Hiro continued to type and look at the data that was on his computer. He was completely unaware of the robot's eyes lighting up and its head turning.

The robot stared at the boy. It did not know what the boy was doing but it was curious about the thing next to the boy. It was an odd little box. It remembered seeing one before but could not place it.

It tried to get closer but noticed he was hooked to something as it gave the line a pull.

Hiro was confused to why his computer was saying that the drive had been cut off. It wasn't until he heard a boom like sound, did he look over to where his bag was and saw the robot picking up a rubix cube and examine it.

First off, yay, he had done it. He brought the giant robot to life. Bad because now he had a big giant robot that could easily kill him for life. That's when Hiro remembered the story of Frankenstein.

Hiro always thought the man was an idiot for creating a giant creature. And now he had done it too.

Hiro watched as the robot took its hand and turned the cube. It tilted its head after he turned it.

The boy was quite surprised by this. The robot was more like a curious child than a threat.

Hiro went up to the robot. "It's called a Rubics cube."

The robot stared at him in curiosity.

"You're supposed to match up the colors on the sides."

The robot looked at the cube and made some beeping sounds.

Hiro could not help but chuckle. "Looks like you need a voice box."

After that, Hiro and his large Robot, who he called Beda, became great friends. Hiro would come to the bunker and bring lots of his toys for the robot to play with. Beda was very interested in Hiro's big blue dodge ball. The large robot would chase it around.

But Hiro did worry. The large robot would sometimes try to follow him home. He could not have that. His parents would, of course, be very upset. And his father would use his new friend for his evil purposes.

Hiro had to think. That's when the boy came up with an idea for him to make a friend for the Beda. One that would hopefully keep the large robot out of trouble. Thus it was back to the scrap yard.

Now, six years later, and five robots later, Hiro had gained a reputation in the robot world as the great Engineer. Not only could he fix any robot but he had this odd ability to put AIs into robots. It made it very interesting to see each robot have its own personality. Including a cleaning robot that wanted to be a fighter and a hostess robot who wanted to be a nurse.)

"My name is Hiro Ishiyama. And this is my crazy life."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6K 1K 20
------------ [F/N] [L/N] is one of Hiro's closest friends. She helps design all of his neat tech and new robotics while he does all the constructing...
756K 28.4K 35
"I'll never be what you want me to be." Hiro Hamada has been forced to grow up too soon. At the age of thirteen, he graduated high school. He went r...
569K 17.8K 34
You are Hiro's childhood friend. When you moved away from San Fransokyoyou were only five, leaving behind your best friend, Hiro. But eventually, yo...
137K 3.5K 18
❝ We didn't set out to be superheroes, but sometimes life doesn't go the way you planned. ❞ ✧.*༄ Robotics prodigies Hiro and (Y/N) live in the city o...