The Truth About Her

By xFakingaSmilex

• Watty's 2018 Longlist & Previously Featured on Wattpad • Isla hides letters in a tree which are uncovered b... More

↪ summary
↪ she appeared happy
↪ she appeared guarded
↪ she appeared worried
↪ she appeared relieved
↪ she appeared shocked
↪ she appeared thoughtful
↪ she appeared hopeful
↪ she appeared vulnerable
↪ she appeared curious
↪ she appeared annoyed
↪ she appeared optimistic
↪ she appeared miserable
↪ she appeared dejected
↪ she appeared reserved
↪ she appeared broken
↪ she appeared startled
↪ she appeared frozen
↪ she appeared sorry
↪ she appeared strong
↪ she appeared empowered
↪ she appeared happy
↪ she appeared human
⋆ Other Stories You Might Enjoy ⋆

↪ she appeared upset

39.8K 2.7K 369
By xFakingaSmilex

Isla Delaney sat beside the tree with the journal opened to the first page.

She wondered if she should write her problems based on chronological order or by importance.

Her thoughts swirled around the latest issue, her mother.

This was one problem she could never speak of, but she could hide it in the tree.

She began her first letter address to the hollowed tree in a cursive font which looked more scribble than fancy.

She wrote about her mother's new affair with the yoga instructor and how she'd seen them in the living room.

She wrote about how her mother didn't know and how it made her feel.

She cried thinking about her poor father and how much she hated her mother for being so cruel.

She knew she couldn't trust her mother because she couldn't be faithful to her husband.

However, Isla made a vow to be faithful to the tree and her letters.

She'd write her problems down just like everyone wanted her to.

Whatever became of them, became of them.

* * * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 8.4K 26
I stopped staring out of the window then looked at the pregnancy test which I must've been holding for at least twenty minutes. A light blue cross wa...
1.3M 19.6K 11
UNEDITED AND DISCONTINUED "Your MINE, and only MINE." he said, slamming me into the wall, and grabbing my hands, putting them above my head. "The on...
37.2K 744 16
A year after moving to her father's small hometown of Wicker Woods, Anna Walker forms unlikely friendships with the local 'IT' group in school. Untam...
1.2M 24.6K 28
Meet Gray. Just turned 18. She got her wolf. She has grown always wanting a mate and the stories that are told about mates. She has always loved her...