Bound

By crimsondragin

Highest rank #1 General fiction 14th August 2017 Two mafia families. An age old rivalry between them. No one... More

Prologue
1*. The Valentini Don
Family tree { contains few spoilers }
2. Arrival Of A Princess
3. Secret identities and Calls
4. The Revelation
5*.Questions, curiosity and Complicated systems
6. The Letter
7. Meetings and War Declarations!
8. A New Dawn
10*. More Questions
11. Alyssa O'Reilly
12. Taken
13. Bring her back
14. In the Enemy's lair
15. The Aftermath
16.* Unexpected Meeting
17. And so it begins
18. Enigma
19. Library confrontations
20. The Lost Frisbee
21. Midnight conversations
22. Disturbing Events
23. Confessions and Punishments
24*. A Hunt Begins
25. An Epiphany and A Challenge
26. Under the Moonlight
27. Start of Something New
28. A Couple At Last !
29. The Gift
30. Departure and New Arrivals
31*. Hunted
32. First Day Chaos
33. The Heart of A Dove
34. Titan's Fiery Wheel
35. The Dancing Warrior
36. Old pain, New wounds!
37. Playing with Fire
38. A Devil's Vow
39. For Whom The Bell Tolls
40. The Beginning Of An End
41*. A Beast and A Dove
Author's Note
42. A Match Lit, A House Burnt!

9. Their First meeting

86.1K 2.7K 405
By crimsondragin

Romero estate, Italy.

Bernard Romero stood near the large glass window of his office overlooking the preparations that were going on outside. The whole mansion was being decorated for the celebrations that were going to take place tomorrow evening.

He watched as lights were being put up in every corner around the compound. By tomorrow morning the whole estate would glow magnificently. Amongst all the work being down on the estate ground, he could also see his grandchildren running and playing around the small lake, their happy laughter resounding behind them, making him smile softly.

He couldn't believe that almost eight months had passed since Amara had entered their lives. So much had changed since then.

A few months ago if any man would have even dared to utter the name Sullivan around him, he would have had that man's tongue cut out, but things had certainly changed.
Now both the families were connected to each other through a small child, one whom both the families didn't want to give up on.

Two months had passed since the day he had joined hands with Sean Sullivan, agreeing to an alliance that would change the dynamics of both the crime world as well as their own personal lives.

Bernard knew that it had come as a surprise to everyone to see him agree to the deal so quickly. Rickard had even raised questions behind his motives, thinking that he had played some elaborate trick on the Sullivan's. But it was no trick nor did he have any secret agenda behind it. It was a true and sincere alliance. He had not given any explanation to anyone, besides stating clearly that the the time for the Sullivan -Romero fued was over and that they would all have to agree and follow his orders on this matter.

If he was being honest to himself, Bernard knew that the fate of their alliance was sealed the moment Amara had unknowingly walked inside the office. He had seen the happiness that had lit up on her face as she had hugged Patricia Sullivan ,the affectionate way in which the Irish Don looked down at the four year old, the sincerity and resolve in his eyes as he put forth the idea of an alliance for a girl he didn't even know properly.

Yes, Bernard Romero had agreed to put the generations old feud behind him but only for Amara's sake. He didn't want to force the child to chose between them and the Sullivan's.

So far only a handful of their allies knew about the changes that were slowly taking place in both the organisations. After two months of hard negotiations, arguments and fights between the men of both the families, they were finally ready to announce their pact to the whole world.

The following evening was very special not only because it would mark the official beginning of an historic alliance but also because it was Amara's fifth birthday, though the very first that she would celebrate with them.

His train of thought was interrupted when he heard a knock on the door. Frowning he turned away from the sight of his playing grandchildren and called out, " Come in. "

Rickard entered the office along with Tony. "Report everything", he commanded to them.

"Everything is prepared for tomorrow, boss. All the invitations have been sent out and highest security has been arranged for the party, there should be no problems for our guests safety."

"When is the Sullivan family due to arrive?",he asked his son.

"Tomorrow morning, father.They are coming by their own private jet so they should reach here on time without any delays. "

"Good. Make sure that they are given the best accommodations, they are our very important ally now besides I want everything to be perfect for Amara's birthday tomorrow, no problems should arise.", he replied.

Off course Sir, Everything will be taken care of ", Tony replied.

*******

The next morning Patricia sat in the car next to her husband, on their way to the Romero mansion.

"How much more time is it going to take?", she asked impatiently.

Sean chuckled seeing his wife's eagerness "Impatient are we?", he teased, "Don't worry we're on the outskirts of their estate, it shouldn't take us much longer to reach there now."

"Excellent ", she exclaimed happily.

"The boys are very eager to meet her", she continued referring to her grandsons who were riding in another car behind them.

Sean laughed in earnest now, " Off course they are. They have not stopped asking questions about Amara since we've returned back home.They are exhilarated at the prospect of having a little sister."

"Amara is such a shy girl, I hope they get along well ", she said a little worried.

Sean smiled taking her hand in his and bringing it to his lips to kiss it.
"She is too adorable for anyone to not love her, just like her grandma", he winked.

Patricia laughed at her husband's flirting. They leaned towards each other but their moment was interrupted when they heard the driver's voice from behind the partition screen,"We've reached Sir".

And sure enough when Patricia looked outside the window she could see the Romero mansion, looking magnificent with all the decorations and lightings.

Their car stopped at the main entrance and the couple stepped out of the car. Like last time when she had arrived , Patricia could see that the compound grounds were filled with Romero guards but this time they were not alone. At the receiving entrance stood the Romero Don with his family. She smiled at them, though her eyes were searching for only one person and then she saw the one face that she had missed since retuning back to the states.

"GRANDPA! GRANDMA! "

Amara raced over to jump into Sean's arms and he swung her around, smiling at her delighted laughter.

"Happy birthday little flower", he said kissing her forehead.

"Thank you grandpa," she said smiling at him. He set her down so she could greet his wife.

"I missed you so much grandma", she said.

"I missed you more, lovely girl ",she replied hugging her gently to herself.

"There she is....! " Patricia heard her youngest grandson Liam exclaim. She turned around to see all three of the boys running towards them.

Amara looked at her unsure of what to do. Patricia smiled down at her "Amara child, you remember what I told you about your other cousins. You spoke to them over the phone too, remember? "

Recognition shone in her eyes as they came to a halt in front of Amara. No one spoke for two minutes, the boys lost for words as they stared at the girl who they were so eagerly waiting to meet, the moment was broken when Liam the youngest boy blurted out mesmerised,

"Woah grandma, she really does look like a fairy princess."

Amara went scarlet, making Patricia laugh out loud. They will get along just fine..........she thought.

*******

The sun had set and the party was in full swing in the Romero mansion.

Patricia stood in the high balcony of the party room, where most of the women were lounging . She could see her daughter in law, Claire talking animatedly with Rickard's wife, Rose and the other Italian and Irish ladies.

Atleast they seem to have no problems in getting along.....she sighed.

The same could not be said about the men, who were talking about the business dealings amongst themselves. Even from where she stood, she could almost feel the lingering tenseness in the air which surrounded their allies as they conversed. But no one dared to start any fights, keeping their talks civil.

The guest list included the Callahan, Avdonin, McIntyre and O'brien families from the Irish side, and various other Italian families that the Romero's had invited. However,she also noticed the absence of one very important family. Maybe they are just running late.......she thought.

A smile automatically crossed her face as she turned her attention to where all the children were playing and talking to each other. It helped that most of them were almost of the same ages. Caden, her eldest grandson and Allister being eight -years- old were taking charge by introducing their respective friends to each other. A small distance away the few girls that were present also seemed to be getting along, if the smile on Amara's face was any indication.

Patricia knew she was not the only one who was observing the children, several of their guests were stealing curious glances of Amara, wonder on their faces.

She turned her attention back to Amara, only to see her now surrounded by her cousin brother's. They seemed to be entertaining her by playing around with a few party balloons. She could see her giggling excitedly whenever the balloons flew in air only for Allister to catch them back. He passed a few of them to her only for the balloons to fly away before her little fingers could clasp around the string. This made Amara whimper and her lip trembled and Patricia thought hearts would break at the sight of it as she turned into Caden's chest, upset at the loss of the pretty balloon.

Claire who had come to stand beside her cooed at the sight. " She's so adorable, and her eyes, they are the prettiest eyes I've ever seen! She is definitely going to be a heart breaker once she grows up", Claire gushed out.

Patricia laughed at her last statement, "Don't let any of our men hear that. They are already so protective of her, I honestly pity the boy who will have to go through the Romero and Sullivan men to claim their princess as his ".

"He will have to be very very powerful and brave off course ", Claire agreed chuckling.

Hmmm I wonder who could that be...... Patricia thought internally.
But before she could go ahead with her thoughts she saw many cars being permitted entry through the compound gates.

At once she knew who it was that had made their entrance now. She turned to go down and greet the newcomers.

She walked outside to the sight of her husband and Bernard Romero greeting a man who looked to be of their same age, carrying the same aura of authority and power that surrounded her husband and the Romero Don.

"Mrs.Sullivan", he greeted her as she reached the men.

"Don Vitiello", she said back respectfully.

The man that stood in front of her was one the most feared man in their world. Vitiello Valentini was the head of the Valentini crime empire,one of the most dangerous and ruthless man out there. The Valentini family was one of the most powerful crime family and the only common ally of both the Romero's and the Sullivan's since the very beginning.

"You took your time in coming here Vitiello", Bernard stated in a hard tone.
"I would have taken your absence as an insult to out pact if you would have refused my invitation. "

"It's great that I'm the Valentini Don then, isn't it ? We Valentini's are not liable to answer to anyone other than their own blood and their Don, a tittle which unfortunately for you I hold. " he replied back matching his tone with his own cold one.

"Not for long if what I've heard holds any truth", Sean smirked, looking pointedly behind him.

Patricia found her eyes drawn to the eight-year-old, carrying himself in such a way which commanded attention even at such a tender age. She was shocked at herself for having not noticed him standing behind Vitiello.

Even as the eyes of some of the most feared men turned towards him, the boy seemed to be not paying any attention to what was going on around him staring straight ahead occupied by something.

Curious as to what had the boy so mesmerised she followed his gaze only for it to land on her granddaughter, running around and giggling excitedly at whatever game she was playing.

"Come here and greet our hosts son", she heard Vitiello's commanding voice in the background.

But the boy either didn't hear the direct command or choose not to acknowledge itas he didn't budge from his position.

"Boy", she heard him again but still the young heir did not move from his position.

Oooo that's a brave one..... she thought.

The Valentini Boss finally stepped towards the boy to bring his attention back to the conversation around him but before he could say anything, another voice was heard, this one sweet and melodic.

"Nonno ,can I cut the cake now?" Amara asked as she ran towards him.

"Off course princess".

"I am so glad to finally meet the reason behind the Romero -Sullivan alliance. " Vitiello said as he gazed down at the little girl.

But before any one could initiate the introductions, the boy finally stepped forward, an undecipherable look in his eyes. He presented the beautiful lilac and white colour flowers bouquet that he was holding to Amara.

Blushing brightly Amara took the flowers. Her eyes sparkling as she took in their beauty .

"Thank you", she said smiling shyly at the boy.

Something akin to warmth crossed his eyes and he finally smiled a beautiful smile at her, a smile which made his eyes lighten before finally speaking

"Hello Amara! My name is Valerio, Valerio Valentini. "

********
Presenting......
Charles Dance as Don Vitiello.

I'll slowly start updating character list as I think of more options. Any Suggestions are most welcome!!!!!

Thanks for reading and voting everyone! 1 K reads!!!Woah 😍😍😍
Your support is really appreciated :)

Please Vote, comment and share if you liked this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 380 49
Adrik When I claimed her, that was it. I made her mine and betrayed her. She longed for a story that wasn't mine to narrate, so I did the only thing...
1.9M 66.9K 49
Fiction Awards Winner 2016 in General Fiction Category Book 1 of the New York Mafia Series: Summary: What happens when an innocent and kind hearted...
594K 13.8K 50
Book One At the age of twenty five, the Mafia would be handed down to Valerius Armani from his father. Knowing what is soon to come.. he knows he has...
271K 4.4K 30
"I'm busy," he said sounding slightly irritated. Well that makes two of us. Suddenly I had an idea. I walked over to him with a smirk. I went behind...