Tears of A Soldier(BWWM)

By TwistedGirl85

In 2018 the world enter into World War 3. No one remembers how it started. All anyone seems to remember were... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
AN
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO ME!!!!
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Author Note
Chapter Twenty-one
Inbox Me For Help....
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
C24(AN)
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Me
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Sixteen

8K 432 83
By TwistedGirl85

unedited 

Colony Six: Military District ( Underground Secret Base)

Raven's mental state was completely shattered. Why? Well, let's just say finding out your dad was not dead but alive... and the freaking leader of The Freedom Fighters blow her poor mind away. Three years. Three years of lies and pain. She had been twelve when the soldiers came to report the death of her and Annika's father. It had been a Sunday and for the first time, their father had not been at the table sharing a meal. When Annika had asked where dad was their mother said he had to take care of something of grave importance. Annika had accepted what mom had said but Raven knew something was wrong. It was a gut feeling that said her mother was holding something back but she had ignored it and continued to eat. When the Halo's had arrived to deliver the crushing news hours later she experienced a profound sense of guilt. Believing that if she had spoken sooner about the dreaded feeling that she had maybe their father would have still been alive.

Life took a downhill spiral after that for Raven. The guilt slowly ate away at her. There wasn't anyone she felt that she could talk to. How could she tell her family that they might have been able to prevent their loved one's death? Sure, she knew they wouldn't blame her but sometimes the look of pity in one's eyes is worst. Without their dad helping to protect the little they had, their house was robbed almost every week. Protection is key in their district, the minute a weakness was spotted, was the minute your faith was sealed. Many women that were left alone were victims of that minute. Most turned to prostitution for survival. When a woman and her kids are starving there are many morals that she would overlook. Raven also -unknown to her family- chose to overlook all the morals that she had been taught by her family. There were plenty of nights her mother and sometimes her sister would go to bed hungry. There was hesitation in her to sell her body for provisions. It was the least she could do, after keeping her mouth shut.

Now only to realize that her 'dead'' father was alive and kicking, pissed her off. He left them to lead the Freedom Fighters. To protect total strangers over his own family. Provided men and women safety in his care but left them to fucking rot in one of the most dangerous districts. No. That was not acceptable in her eyes. And another thing that was a crushing blow to her heart was that their mother knew along. Raven needed answers. Like now.

They were traveling directly under the military district in a hidden tunnel that was made secretly over the years. Like seriously, directly under. It was a dirt tunnel in the form of some kind of cylinder. How the hell didn't the soldiers know that the enemy was tunneling under them? Crazy. Raven was just glad she wasn't claustrophobic, the tunnel was so tight and narrow she couldn't even spread her arms out. Let's not forget the only light they had was by candlelight. You could only see a few inches in front of you.

They had been walking for at least twenty minutes. She hoped to God they weren't lost because this was some seriously scary shit. No one was talking and the silence gave the feeling of doom. Currently, she was in between two men who towered over her, preventing her from seeing anything in front or back of her not that it mattered in the piercing darkness that surrounded them.

Finally, a small amount of light was seen ahead. It was a beautiful sight. It almost brought tears to her eyes. It meant soon their underground journey would be ending. It had begun to feel like they were walking just for the hell of it. The exercise was the devil's way of torturing her. As they draw closer to the light, Raven could now fully see the dirt tunnel she had been traveling in for the last hour.

Immediately she wished that it was dark again. Bugs. They were everywhere. The ground, walls, and on..HER. They were crawling on her. How the hell could she have not felt them? Screaming in horror she tried to brush, shake and throw the disgusting insects off her. Frantic in her movements to remove them she slammed hard into the man behind her. They both fell to the hard dirt ground. Where the insect's friends and family were. Raven went mental. Rolling around in desperation she failed to realize that she was still on top of the man she knocked with her on the ground.

'' Get them off! Get them off me!'' She screamed, panicked. Arms lifted her up off the ground trying to stop her wild thrashing. Raven was having none of that. It felt like they were trying to enter into her skin. She continued to scream to get the horrid bugs off as she flails about.

'' Raven, calm down and let us help.'' A female's voice was heard trying to soothe her, but Raven was too hysterical to do anything. Tears ran down her cheeks. Raven hated bugs. Once when she seven a bug got into her ear and the pain was unbearable. Days went by with Raven suffering intolerable pain until Annika and her mother were able to procure the medical tools needed in order to extricate the bug. Ever since Raven held a deep fear to insects of all kinds.

Just as Raven was removing her shirt two strong arms locked hers to her side preventing her from moving her upper body. Looking behind her, eyes wild in terror, she was meant with forest green orbs. '' How can anyone help you when you are floundering around uncontrollably,'' Raven's heart was pounding so hard it felt like it would burst. '' Now just remain calm and allow these people to help you. You do want the insect's off right?''

Nodding her head Raven closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. '' Y-yes, but pl-please hurry.'' Christians arms felt like a saving grace. Like a protective barrier. The heat that was sinking into her back from his chest calms her. Two women rushed over to removed the bugs from her. When Raven no longer felt hands brushing over her clothes and hair she opens her red-rimmed eyes. Everything was blurry through her tears but she did notice the large cave-like room and groups of people surrounding her. Raven knew she should feel embarrassed but couldn't find it in her to be. They would never understand.

Blinking repeatedly to clear her vision her surroundings became clearer. The first thing she noticed was... Guns. Guns pointed at her. What the hell. Okay, so she went a little bit crazy that was no reason for all the hostility. Leaning more into Christian she eyed them angrily. '' Whats with all the fire power?'' She said irritably.

Christian begun to slowly remove his arms from around her. No. What was he doing? He was her rock. The only reason she was able to speak so boldly. Raising his arms in front of her Raven was reminded that he was bounded. Upon his capture, his hands were enclosed in metal handcuffs. Lifting his arms above her head he steps away from her. Taking his comforting heat and her courage with him. The guns had not been pointed at her but at him. Christian continued to step backward until several armed guards surrounded him, preventing him from moving any farther.

Mary,who had been standing next to her husband, Eric, during her daughter's panic attack, calmly walked over to her distressed daughter. She knew about Raven's insect phobia and was glad that she sent word the day before the left their district not to light the pathway in the underground tunnel. Her daughter would never have entered. Walking pass Christian, still restrained and surrounded, she sent him a menacing glare in which he returned. The truth was revealed. Eric and her suspicions were given light. The moment he fought through two armed guards to get to Raven without fear of getting shot or killed confirmed a horrifying truth that neither parent wanted to admit.

Finally reaching her daughter Mary stopped in front of her. Unlike Annika, Raven has always needed a strong arm to lean on but hated to appear weak in front of people. '' Are you ok, now that all the bugs are off?'' Mary asked softly but tried to keep her voice neutral. Raven would go berserk if she thought Mary were trying to baby her.

The two women that had helped Raven earlier step away to give them privacy. '' Am I ok?'' Raven looked at her mother frowning and eyes narrowed to slits. '' Tell me, mother... How am I suppose to be ok?'' Her voice was deadly calm. The calm before the storm. '' My ''Dead'' father is alive and part of... No the leader of the freedom fighters. My very own mother watched silently as both of her daughters mourned greatly over the death of their ''not so dead father''.'' Turning angrily towards her dad, Raven's eyes were stormy as she pointed her finger. '' And you. How could you abandon your family in one of the worst districts? Was this crusade more important than us, huh?'' Raven was shaking in rage. Tears falling from her round brown eyes. '' Did you think us weak or that we would slow you down? Were we a handicap to you?'' Turning back towards to her mother, Raven tried to stop the shaking in her body. '' To answer your question, mother, no I am Not okay.'' She finished breathing hard and heart racing.

The cave was silent. Deadly silent. No one moved or spoke. All eyes were on the clear distress girl. Eric, having heard enough from his youngest daughter approached her. '' Raven, I would never think of my family as a handicap. Your mother and I have our reasons for doing what we did. Reasons we will now explain.'' Now standing next to his wife and in front of his daughter, Eric wanted to hold his upset daughter in his arms and comfort her but knew the only comfort she would allow is the truth.

'' Your mother and I met when we were just kids in Preparatory School. I was from District One: Agriculture and your mother District Two: Medical. Even though we are six years apart your mother advanced quickly in school. Her ability to acquire and comprehend almost anything given to her at such a young age made certain important people take notice of her. So she was placed in advanced classes that would benefit the Colony. It was in those classes how we met. My own ability to think outside the box landed me there. But we were not alone. Many others who were deemed special were in attendance too. My brother was one of them.'' Upon hearing about his brother Mary stiffen. Eric grabbed his wife's hand. Silently saying that he was there and she would be okay. '' My brother's name is Allric and is my older brother. My only brother.''

'' Wait, I have an uncle?'' Raven interrupted. '' Why is it no one ever mention this.. this Allric?'' Raven was so shocked as to the fact she had an uncle, she failed to notice how rigid and nervous her mother had become.

Squeezing his wife's hand in assurance, Eric tried to maintain a calm exterior. Which was hard when one was discussing his brother. '' Allric was... is a sore topic for your mother and me.''

Raven first time since her father started talking looked closely at her mother. Her mother had always appeared strong and independent but looked like she would collapse any second in tears. Raven grow angry but this time for another reason. Just who in the hell is this Allric and what did he do to her mother? Raven knew blood was soon going to be spilled. His. Noone hurted her mother and got away for long. Uncle or not. Titling her head towards her dad she raised her eyebrows in question.

Wrapping a comforting arm around his wife Eric continued the tragic tale. '' Allric always had a talent for battle strategies. His way of entering an enemies mind was beyond belief. His brain seems to work like a military computer, always he seemed a step ahead.'' Taking a deep breath, Eric prepared himself for what he was about to reveal. '' Your mother is beautiful. She attracted male attention wherever she went. Many men wanted your mother for themselves. I and Allric were no different from them, but I saw your mother's true beauty. Her amazingly caring heart. The way she went out of her way to help all people no matter where they lived in the colony or who they were. That was what mean me fall in love with her. But Allric saw only her beauty. He had always been vain. Wanting the best of every and anything. Having your mother on his arm, he would have been the envy of all . The only problem was that he was to be stationed in the Military District. Having women were forbidden to him, but still, he pursued your mother relentlessly for years in school. When your mother fell in love with me and decided to marry me he became enraged. Even though he knew he couldn't have her, he still wanted her.''

Tightening his arm around mary, who had begun to tremble, he looked his daughter in the eyes and destroyed her with what he said next. '' On the night he was scheduled to leave and reside in the Military District... He raped your mother and impregnated her.'' Raven's heart stopped. No. What the hell was he saying? Eric released his wife and placed his hands on Raven's shaking shoulders. '' Raven... Annika is the result of that rape.''

Raven fainted in her father's arms.

********************************************************************

Whoa, it's like three in the morning and I finally finished. Anyway, what do you guys think? Crazy, huh? Eric's story is far from over. More surprises are to come. Don't worry I hadn't forgotten Christian. Lol. and Annika what a trip. The next chapter will answer LOTS of questions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
1.2M 26.7K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
87.2K 1.3K 15
Subject E305 is not a normal girl. At the age of two her mother left her on the streets of New York City with nothing but a box. She waited for her m...
18.8K 2.1K 33
Sixteen years ago, my sisters and I moved from France to the United States to live the American dream. Not long after, I met Declan, a marine who was...