Yo-kai Watch: A Rewrite (Book...

By gamergirl201517

An AU where both Nate and Katie get a Yo-kai from Mount Wildwood. On a typical summer day, two kids from the... More

Chapter 1: Yo-kai Are Real!?
Chapter 2: Enter Jibanyan!
Chapter 3: Protect the Seals (Part 1)
Thanks for a hundred reads!
Chapter 5: Timer's and More
Chapter 6: Terror Time and the Hot Springs
Chapter 7: Helping Around Town
Chapter 8: A Ring in the Pond
Q&A Book
Chapter 9: Battles, Favors, and Scams
Chapter 10: Fusions, Nokos, and Files
Chapter 11: What Dad Forgot
Chapter 12: The Guardian of Flower Road
New Cover!
Chapter 13: Preparing for the Confrontation
Chapter 14: The Komainu Brothers and the Construction Battle Site
500 Reads?!
Chapter 15: Ghostly Rumors
Chapter 16: Mirapo's Dilemma
Annoncement!
Chapter 17: Explanations
Chapter 18: The Festival and The Extreme Dare
Chapter 19: Rescues and Fireworks
Thanks for thousand reads!
Chapter 20: Preparing for Nocturne Hospital
Chapter 21: The Hospital of Doom
Chapter 22: To the Yo-kai Realm!
Chapter 23: The Truth about Lucas
Chapter 24: The Three Gates
Chapter 25: Farewell, Yo-kai!
Chapter 26: Back to Normal
Sequel is Out!

Chapter 4: Protect the Seals (Part 2)

1.1K 22 19
By gamergirl201517

Nate: About time you wrote! Where were you for the past couple months?!

Me: I'm sorry! I had writer's block for a while! Besides, I'm writing this out, aren't I?

Katie: Be nice, Nate. It happens to a lot of people.

Whisper: Yeah, listen to Katie.

Nate: Alright, I know. Let's get back to the story then.

Jibanyan: Nyeah! I want to see what happens next!

*****

After letting that sink in, the two kids heard Tattletale snickering on her bench.

“Tell Tell!" (Translation: “Both of your faces are so red right now!”)

Nate sighed to himself and said,

“Do you want to discuss this later? We should really find out why Tattletale was acting like this.”

Katie nodded.

“Alright, Nate.”

Tattletale was still snickering, but she seemed to calm down a bit.

"Tell Tell!" (Translation: "I like you guys!"

"Oh! Do you want to be friends then?"

"Tell!" (Translation: "Thought you'd never ask!")

A bright light came from Tattletale and a medal flew into Katie's hands.

"Tell Tell Tell, Tell!" (Translation: "Here you go, you lovebirds!")

They both blushed.

"Please don't call us that."

Tattletale puffed her cheeks out.

"Tell..." (Translation: "Fine...")

*****

One explanation later:

"So, you had suddenly developed some extra energy and you had to get rid of it? Did I say that correctly?"

Tattltale nodded at Whisper.

"Tell, Tell Tell." (Translation: "Yeah, something like that.")

"Okay, now that we have that figured out, we should direct our attention to figuring out what the source of the extra energy was."

Tattletale cleared her thoart before speaking.

"Tell Tell Tell Tell Tell." (Translation: "It probably had something to do with the weird business suit guy I saw earlier today.")

Tattletale then explained what she had saw earlier that day, with Whisper translating.

"So, you saw a strange man in a business suit wandering around the elementary school while muttering something about 'breaking the seals' and going to the post office tomorrow, then you suddenly felt a sudden increase in your energy?"

She nodded.

"Oh, boy. This can't be good."

Whisper had a look of worry on his face.

I may have been locked away from the world for 190 years, but I know that if there are seals in this town, they have to be there for a reason. No one makes seals just for the heck of it, after all. Plus, if there's talk about breaking them, it can't be for a good reason.

"We have to investigate this right now!"

Nate looked at his Yo-kai Watch and yelped.

"Oh, no! It's getting late! We have to get home before our parents get worried!"

The sun was starting to set as everyone started back home.

"Okay, we'll deal with it tomorrow, but I'm keeping my guard up tonight. I suggest that everyone else do the same."

Everyone nodded and went their separate ways.

*****

The next day...

Nate woke up and rubbed his eyes. He had been up late last night, writing an entry about Tattletale and what had happened that day while the thought of the fact that Katie returned his feelings were running through his head.

If it hadn't been for Tattletale, if we hadn't met Whisper and got involved with Yo-kai, would I have been able to confess my feelings to Katie at that moment? Would we have been this age or older when I confessed, regardless of the involvement of Yo-kai or not?

The soft pitter-patter of rain distracted Nate from his thoughts and he wondered how Whisper and Jibanyan were doing at Katie's house as he went downstairs to get breakfast.

*****

Katie had just woke up, running her fingers through Jibanyan's fur. Whisper had been up for a while, most likely planning out what they were going to do today. Katie got out of bed and went over to her desk, where her sketchbook was laying open on a drawing of Tattletale she had been working on last night.

"Okay, I recommend dressing for this weather. It's not going to hinder us in our investigation, but I don't want to worry about either of you catching a cold."

Katie nodded and closed her sketchbook, putting it away in her bag. She grabbed her pink raincoat and grabbed a Blehgal before yelling,

"I'm going outside, Mom!"

"Be careful, Katie!"

"I will!"

She walked outside, thankful that it wasn't raining too hard. She walked over to Nate's, glad to see that he was also outside and wearing his red raincoat.

"Hey, Nate!"

He smiled and waved her over as they walked to the post office.

"So, what do we plan on doing when we get there?"

"I haven't thought that far yet, but be on your guard. For all we know, it could be someone dangerous."

"Umm...can we stop at Everymart real quick? We should pick up some food just in case it's going to take a while. No point in fighting Yo-kai on an empty stomach, after all."

"Actually, that's not a bad idea. I can't believe I forgot to tell you this, but you can give Yo-kai food to make it easier to befriend them or to heal your fighters. They all have different tastes, of course. For example, cat Yo-kai like Jibanyan have a preference for seafood, but some of them prefer chocolate. I'm not sure what Jibanyan would prefer, but he can tell you for himself. If you need help with finding out what food a certain Yo-kai likes, don't be afraid to ask me. I'll do my best to find the answer for you."

Whisper stopped talking as the four of them walked inside Everymart. As the two children picked up a few food items, Whisper pulled up a map of Uptown Springdale on his tablet to look for any other seals in town, just in case there was a bigger threat than the one seal.

"Whisper, why are you looking that up, nya?"

"Oh, that's right. I forgot that you weren't there when Nate and Katie met me. I was locked in a capsule for 190 years, so my knowledge of this time is not the best. I really hope to at least catch up with the current Yo-kai knowledge of this time, so please don't judge me if I have to look something up."

"Ohhhhh."

Jibanyan crossed his heart and said,

"I promise nyot to judge you. I'll even make sure that Nyate and Katie don't accidently make you feel bad for looking anything up."

Whisper felt his face heat up slightly and smiled.

"Thank you, Jibanyan."

Jibanyan walked over to the chocolate aisle, picked up two Chocobars, and walked over to the two kids and whispered something to them. They nodded and walked over to the checkout lane. Whisper was very curious about what Jibanyan had said to them, but all he got from Jibanyan was a smile. After they paid for everything, the two kids walked to a blue spirit thing that Whisper identified as an Eyepo.

"I honestly have no clue what they are, but they are very helpful for organizing your Yo-kai team and healing if you're low on health and don't want to waste food or medicine, which we'll worry about at a later point in time. If you want to switch out Yo-kai right now, you can."

After consideration, they switched out Hungramps for Tattletale, promising to try to help him catch up with the other team members at a later date. They continued on their way to the post office and when they got there, they saw someone in a business suit tinkering with the mail box outside the post office.

"Is that the same guy Tattletale saw yesterday?"

"Tell! Tell Tell!" (Translation: "Yes! That's him!")

They walked up to him and asked in an innocent, "totally-not-suspecting-you-of-being-evil" tone,

"Excuse me, sir? What are you doing?"

He jumped from hearing their voices and turned around.

"Nothing for you to worry about, kiddos. Just some grown-up stuff."

Tattletale got annoyed and hopped on him.

"Tell Tell, Tell Tell!" (Translation: "Time to spill the beans, suit man!")

The man turned back around, seemingly ignoring Nate and Katie and started to evilly laugh.

This can't be good...

"Fools! Little do they know that I'm breaking one of the seals that keep the power of this town from reawakening a very powerful force and why am I saying this out loud?!"

"Okay, our fathers might be businessmen and we may have no clue what half of the stuff they say means, but we know that whatever he said isn't normal business jargon!"

The man suddenly turned into a Yo-kai that Whisper identified as Tengloom and it all made sense to the group.

Of course it was a Yo-kai causing this. I don't know if there are any other people that can see Yo-kai, but I doubt that they would purposely put the town in danger.

The group went into battle and after a few select Soultimate moves, they defeated Tengloom and collected the items that he had dropped.

"Oh, it's not like it matters! There are others that will succeed where I have failed!"

He disappeared and the group looked at the mailbox that was now leaking a strange and familair purple smoke.

"Isn't this the same purple smoke that made the gate disappear?"

"Yeah! This was also from the capsule machine that Whisper was trapped in! Does that mean that purple smoke prevents a Yo-kai from escaping?"

"Yes, but in this case, it's supposed to keep a huge threat in check. After I fix this seal, we have to track down the other seals and make sure that they're safe."

Whisper closed his eyes and started to mumble something under his breath until the purple smoke disppeared.

"Okay, let's get going!

Whisper pulled up the map he had been looking at and said,

"According to this, there are three more seals that are keeping this power in check. We better go make sure that they're okay!"

They nodded and Whisper pointed towards the bank.

"There should be a seal over in that direction."

They walked over and saw the purple smoke pouring from the pig statue in front of the bank.

"Oh great. Let's fix this before it gets worse."

As Whisper was about to seal the power away, a purple chubby bird showed up. Nate whispered to Katie,

"Wanna bet that Yo-kai is evil?"

"Probably."

"Gimme that power! I take that power and become the most powerful Yo-kai in existance!"

"Sounds normal for a Peckpocket with evil intentions. The faster we get rid of him, the faster I can fix this."

*****

One battle later:

"We did it, guys!"

They collected some Gooey Candy (still in the wrapper) and at least a dollar off the ground.

"You meanies! All I wanted was to steal that power for myself!"

Peckpocket disappeared into thin air and Whisper sighed to himself.

"Okay, now I can fix the seal without any distractions."

Whisper held his hands together and yelled,

"Pocus hocus! Oh great spirit seal, get well soon-ocus!"

The purple smoke disappeared and both kids looked at Whisper surprised.

"That's it?"

Whisper looked at them with a sheepish expression and said,

"Well, it was only part of the spell. There's still two more seals to fix up, so let's get going."

Whisper glanced down at his Yo-kai Pad, which was still miraculously dry, and pointed in the direction of the community center.

"This way, everyone."

*****

They stopped at the monument near the community center. The purple smoke was a clear giveaway that it was the seal they were looking for.

"As soon as this seal is fixed, we can head-"

"Youse guys ain't fixing nuthing!"

"Oh, great. An evil Mochismo. Just what we needed right now..."

The sarcasm was dripping from Whisper's voice as Nate and Katie prepared for battle against the walking block of mochi.

*****

"Oh, my beans!"

After the Mochismo disappeared, everyone just facepalmed at how lame that expression was and collected the dropped items and money.

"Okay, fixing the seal now!"

Whisper moved his arms from side to side and said,

"Pain, pain, go away, come again some other day! Seal...FIX YOURSELF!"

The purple smoke disappeared and as Whisper pulled his Yo-kai Pad out to check something, Nate said,

"Whisper, is that really all there is to it? I mean, anyone one of us could have said those words..."

"I'm older than all of you, therefore my magic is stronger."

Okay, he got us there...

"What's our next step, Whisper?"

"Oh, that's simple. We're going to the school. Remember Tattletale's story? She said she saw the 'business man' leaving the school."

"Oh, okay! Let's go!"

Katie checked to make sure they had enough food and pulled out a strange brown powder.

"Whisper, what's this?"

"Hmm? Oh, that's Bitter Medicine. There's three types of medicine:

Bitter Medicine, which is brown and can revive fainted Yo-kai with little health. It's fairly easily to find and very cheap if you know where to buy it.

Nasty Medicine, which is purple and can revive fainted Yo-kai with half health. Slightly more expensive than Bitter Medicine, but still easy to find.

Mighty Medicine, which is blue and can revive fainted Yo-kai with full health. It's hard to find and very expensive, but if you have it, try to save it for an emergency."

Katie counted out the amount of medicine they had collected and said,

"Okay, there's enough for three Yo-kai. Let's hope that we don't get into too much trouble."

"I was thinking of going to an Eyepo and healing up. There's one at Everymart, as you know, and there's also an Eyepo at the bank and the post office. The closest one would have to be...Everymart."

After healing their Yo-kai friends, they started to head to the school and ran into a classmate of Nate and Katie's.

"Hey, Lucas! How are you doing?"

Lucas hummed and said,

"Oh, I'm doing fine. It's just...I've heard some weird noises coming from the school. I'm not sure if I'm just imagining things, but it sounded so real..."

"Don't worry, Lucas. We're actually going to the school right now for a project. If we hear anything, we'll let you know."

"Oh, thank you very much!"

Lucas ran off with a smile and the group continued on their way to the school, unaware of someone watching them.

*****

"Okay, if I'm correct, the seal should be right over-"

"There it is!

They walked over to the purple smoke coming from the statue near the school.

"Wow, there is a powerful aura here. I wonder what it was sealing up for so long?"

As Whisper looked over the statue, they heard a sinister voice.

"At lassssst...I have been sssssealed away for ssssso long. You four will be my firsssst ssssnack ssssince my imprissssionment!"

Their eyes widen as they started to prepare for battle.

*****

Jibanyan, Cadin, and Tattletale were in front while Negatibuzz, Buhu, and Dimmy were in the back, ready to switch at a moment's notice.

"We can return this Yo-kai to his imprisionment! The town is depending on us!"

Whisper's words rang in their heads as they realized what was happening.

This wouldn't be like Dismeralda's battle, where they were just trying to get their parents to stop bickering.

This was a battle for their lives and the town's.

"Everyone in front, start attacking! Whisper, see if you can figure out what Yo-kai this is and what it's weak point is!"

Whisper quickly typed a few words, found the answer he needed and whispered to Nate and Katie.

"Okay, this Yo-kai is Slimamander and his weak point is when his eye is exposed. But he switches the position of his eye between his...heads...mouths...thingys?"

"Thank you for the information, Whisper...ick..."

Although they were disgusted by the information, it was at least helpful.

At the very least, we can attack him and stop the...things that aren't hiding the eye from attacking our Yo-kai.

Jibanyan took a hit from the fire that spewed out of one of the mouths on Slimamander and Tattletale quickly healed him before he attacked the head that attacked him along with Cadin, who struck one of the other heads with his sword.

"We have enough supplies, right?"

"Don't worry, Nate. We have enough."

"How can I not worry, Katie? Sure, we fought Dismeralda and some other Yo-kai, but this guy is bad news! He was locked away for crying out loud!"

"Nate, Katie, I understand that you're both nervous, but I have faith in you two. If you two didn't get the Yo-kai Watches you now possess, then this town would've been attacked by strong and evil Yo-kai and there wouldn't be anyone to help the good Yo-kai put them back in their place. You can defeat him with the help of your Yo-kai friends. Show me that you can do it."

Their fear went away and they went back to concentrating on the battle. Jibanyan got inspirited, so they switched him to the back, putting Dimmy in front. They started to break the chains off Jibanyan when the eye revealed itself.

"Everyone in front, aim for the eye!"

They broke the final chain and after giving Jibanyan some Y-Cola, which made his Soultimate move available, he was moved back in front. He released his "Paws of Fury" at the exposed eye before it went into hiding again.

"You're doing great, everyone! Just keep it up!"

*****

After constantly tossing food for health and drinks to perk up their Soultimate moves, they had finally defeated Slimamander as his eye rolled back into his head for the final time and he collasped.

"Holy...we did it! We defeated him!"

Nate grabbed the ten dollars on the ground, splitting it with Katie, and grabbed the Bitter Medicine that also been dropped and their Yo-kai friends left to do whatever they did when they weren't with the two kids, except for Jibanyan and Whisper.

"Well done!"

Nate and Katie took a breather as they realized they had taken on a major threat with the help of their supernatural friends. As they were about to head to the seal and lock him away, Slimamander suddenly used his last bit of energy to fire a large fireball at the group. They braced for the impact, but to their surprise, a Yo-kai that looked vaguely like a teen wearing a dragon scarf showed up in front of them, shielded them from the fireball before attacking Slimamander with his dragon scarf. This time however, Slimamander actually went down in a purple puff of smoke.

"Heh..."

The Yo-kai turned to the group, seeming to examine them before disappearing.

"Who was that? Was that a friend of yours, Whisper?"

"I've never met him before! But it's a good thing he showed up when he did! I better get to that seal before there's a second round with Slimamander. All right?"

"Go ahead, Whisper. We believe in you!"

Whisper smiled, went to the seal, and said,

"Oh seal, heed my words! And...how about...CLOSE SESAME!"

The purple smoke disappeared from the statue and they all celebrated.

"I guess we found the source of that strange noise Lucas heard, but what do we tell him?"

"We can just say that he won't be hearing it anymore. It's the truth by technicality."

"That's true...okay, if we run into him, that's what we'll tell him. Let's go hang out at my place until the rain stops, then we can see about learning more about the Yo-kai in this area! We can even ask your parents if you can spend the night at my place tonight! "

"Okay, Katie! I have to go to my place to pick up my journal, anyway."

*****

Nate wrote the final words describing the battle between them and Slimamander as Katie colored in the final details of Slimamander.

"Okay, this is turning out to be a great guide! Hopefully, this will come in handy for future generations!"

"You know, Katie? I hope we become Yo-kai after we die."

"Why?"

"We can be like Whisper, helping those that stumble into the world of Yo-kai without a guide. We'll even help Yo-kai with their problems!"

As Nate put his journal on top of Katie's sketchbook on her desk, Katie said,

"Normally, that would never cross my mind, but yeah...that's what I hope for, too. All of us together, helping those in need."

Nate started to get settled into his sleeping bag when Katie kissed his forehead and smirked.

"Goodnight, Nate. Night, everybody."

She clicked the light off before Nate could respond. He was too tired to say anything about it, so he mumbled,

"Goodnight, Katie. Night, everyone."

Then he fell asleep with Jibanyan in his arms and Whisper sleeping near Katie.

*****

The mysterious Yo-kai slipped inside Katie's room. It had been easy for him to follow the group to her house. Besides, he had to investigate them. He opened the journal and after reading a few entries, he placed the journal down and flipped through the pages of the sketchbook.

I guess I'll investigate them for a bit longer. If they're strong enough to defeat Slimamander with their little collection of Yo-kai, then maybe...

With that in mind, the Yo-kai set everything back in place before he left the room.

*****

Nate: Yesterday and today was crazy! There was Yo-kai inspiritment and battles all over! Well, at least I know Katie likes me.

Katie: Be honest, if I didn't like you like that, would you still be my friend?

Nate: Of course I would! We're in this craziness together!

Katie: That's true. Although, I think there's something between Jibanyan and Whisper...

Jibanyan: Nyo there isn't! *blushing* B-besides...we just met, nya.

Whisper: Did you guys say something?

Jibanyan: Let's get back to studying, okay?!

Whisper: Alright! ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694K 25K 49
❝𝘿𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮?❞ A jujutsu kaisen fan-fiction of our beloved Fushiguro Toji. As a...
7.9K 97 16
This is an AU where everything is the same,except it's based around my headcanons and ships. The story revolves around Jibanyan,Whisper,and Keita wit...
1.3K 13 12
When Nate attempts to get a Yo-kai from the Crank-a-Kai (that is more useful than Whisper),he is greeted by Willo and Jillinyan, but they aren't the...
318K 11K 47
In an AU where at the age of 11 every child is partnered with a life time companion reflecting on their personality. Common companions consist of ti...