Cold Canary AU

By Snartsass

Where Sara is a barista, going to CCU (Central City University) and is living with her mom for the the time b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
help?
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Last Chapter
Author's Note
Sequel
Posted

Chapter 7

965 40 39
By Snartsass

It was now 6:50 p.m.

Leonard sat at his small table in his kitchen looking over some old paperwork.

It was quiet, the way Leonard liked it. Occasionally you'll hear a distant dog bark or a police siren race by but he enjoyed it like this. Not all the time, but for right now it was calming.

Until a little sister of his would come barging in uninvited.

"Lennnny!" Lisa called as soon as she stepped into his home.

"Please come in," He said dryly. "Dont be shy."

"Oh shut up," Lisa entered the kitchen. "You love me."

"Debatable." He said looking up and putting the papers back in the folder they came from.

"Mhmm, sure." Lisa walked over to open his fridge. "You have nothing good in here."

Leonard shrugged.

Lisa plopped down on to the chair across from him, like she's done a million times before.

"Soo," Lisa opened the can of coke he hadn't seen her grab.

"So?"

"How'd the date go?" She semi-shouted.

"It wasn't a date." Leonard sat back. "It was a meet up."

"Bullshit," Lisa objected. "So how'd the 'meet up' go?"

"It was, uh," Leonard gave a small smile. "I had a good time."

"Oh my god," Lisa's eyes widened. "You like her."

"I do not."

Lisa scowled at her brother.

"Okay fine, I think she's...interesting." Leonard confessed.

"When are you guys going to go out together, again?" Lisa scooted closer to her brother.

"I don't know," Leonard's brows furrowed.

"You better ask her out this time, instead of her asking you out."

Lisa's eyes started to wander and ended up stopping at the folder of papers her brother had just put aside.

A few papers are sticking out but a few words had caught her attention.

Like:
Child Brutality.
Spouse abuse.
Alcoholic.
Snart.
Mob Relations.

Leonard quickly realized what had been making his sister confused and quickly gathered up the folder and started walking away from the table.

"Leonard Earl Snart, Where are those papers from?" Lisa quickly followed her brother.

"There nothing, Lisa." Leonard said annoyed.

"That's dad's file, isn't it?" Lisa said stopping behind her brother.

Leonard opened the hallway closet.

"Leave it, Lisa." Leonard said through his teeth

Leonard put the folder on top of the highest shelf, that even his sister couldn't reach.

"How did you even get it?" Lisa pried.

"Lisa." Leonard warned while rubbing at his eyebrows with his left hand.

"It's suppose to be-"

"Enough!" Leonard shouted and slammed the closet door shut.

As soon as he faced his sister, he regretted raising his voice at her. Looking at her now, heartbroken, was like seeing her 8 years old again when she had realized what kind of monster their father really was. Unlike Leonard, who hadn't really learned the type of monster their father was until he was 17.

He had never yelled at her before, he knew what it would have triggered inside her. In him.

Seeing the sadness in her eyes and the way her lip poked out involuntary and knowing that he was the cause of that, made Leonard feel like the most awful person in the world.

"Lisa..." He reached to touch his sister's shoulder but she she moved away.

"It's fine." She said boldly. "Don't tell me why you have the folder."

"Lisa, I'm sorr-"

"Didn't you say you had to meet up with some people tonight?" She cut him off.

He looked down at his watch.

7:15

He had 15 mintues left till the meeting.

"Yeah," He sighed. "Lisa, please let me make this up to you."

"I think you should go." Lisa said coldly.

Normally Leonard would've made a Snarky comment about her kicking him out of his house. But, now definitely wasn't the time for that.

Leonard nodded and left his apartment without another word.

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

Laurel, Dinah, and Sara were currently watching a movie.

Dinah in the armchair, Laurel in the loveseat, and Sara taking the biggest couch.

"I think I'm going to turn in." Dinah said getting up from her spot as soon as the end credits started strolling in.

"It's only 7:40," Sara scoffed.

"I know but I'm really tired, goodnight girls." Dinah said before closing her bedroom door.

"Goodnight." They said in unison.

Laurel waited 2 mintues before jumping on to the couch that Sara was on.

"How'd your date go?" Laurel said excitedly.

"Have you been waiting all day to get me alone to ask that?" Sara laughed.

"Maybe..." Laurel sat closer. "How'd it go?"

"It was good." Sara smiled.

"What's her name? Or his." Laurel clasped her hands together.

"His name is Leonard."

"Ugh, he sounds boring."

"I know!" Sara exclaimed loudly.

They both froze and stared at their mothers door expecting it to open and have her yell at them.

When it didn't, they both laughed and in the process Laurel rested her head on Sara's shoulder.

"But he's amazing." Sara confessed.

"Tell me more."

"His eyes are...wow, one second they could be green, than blue, than a hazel brown, and than green again." Sara explained. "His smirk, omg. When he smiles, it's like the whole world stops and all you want to do is admire him."

"Wow, he's got you hooked." Laurel teased. "How'd you meet?"

Sara rose her eyebrows, remembering their first encounter.

"Well, at first it was at jitters, than I made a new friend in one of my classes, Lisa, which had also turned out to be his sister, and than we all hung out that night and things have went from their."

"I want to meet him," Laurel looked at her sister.

"Wait, why?"

"The way you describe him, Sara. I want to see this eye candy for myself." Laurel joked.

They laughed until Sara had gathered up enough air to speak.

"Okay, fine. But only if you never say 'eye candy' ever again."

"Promise." Laurel said finishing up her laughter.

"How're things in Starling?" Sara quickly regretted asking.

"They're...scary," Laurel confessed. "It's like we can't tell who the good guys are anymore."

Sara frowned about hearing that of her hometown.

"But I'm sure dad's trying his best." Laurel said trying to cheer her up.

Sara gave a, obviously fake, smile.

"I'm sorry about the whole Nyssa and Oliver situation." Sara tried.

"It's not your fault, we both got hurt."

Sara nodded to herself.

"I'm going to bed." Sara quickly stood.

"Go ahead, I'll just sleep here." Laurel pouted from her spot on the couch.

"Oh shut up and just come on." Sara threw the throw pillow at her.

Laurel laughed and went to bed with her sister.

Leonard and Lisa's 'fight' has me going crazy right now. I wasn't even planning on that. I wasn't planning on any fighting yet but I was trying to make it more interesting and now I don't know how to fix it. 😂😰 I'll admit, when I'm writing the sister bonding parts with Sara and Laurel, it makes me sad. 😥 Thanks for reading btw! 😘

P.S. Yes, I made Leonard have Wentworth's middle name. 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 159 18
When Sara was in highschool she was best friends with Julia. They were unseparable all through freshmen, sophomore and junior year. But one day, in t...
6.9K 140 8
You are Y/n Wayne, son of Bruce Wayne. You are the new Batman, after completing your training with your father. It's your time to shine as the Dark K...
926 68 9
After 15 years of being abandoned by her dad, Skye came back to her hometown months after his death. Starting a new job was the only thing in her boo...
39.6K 1K 22
𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐙𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 || A Ray Palmer Romance She's just your average, everyday citizen of Star City. She's never been good at much but she d...