Fatal Phonecall (completed)

By jemima-haste

a boy gets a call from a girl who thinks she's going to commit murder. however, both are unaware of other eve... More

Fatal Phonecall PART 1
Fatal Phonecall PART 2
Fatal Phonecall PART 3

Fatal Phonecall PART 4

386 4 4
By jemima-haste

ONLY PLAY VIDEO WHEN YOU SEE A ROW OF #'S. MAKE SURE THAT THE STORY IS SHOWN IN FULL TEXT OTHERWISE THE VIDEO DOESN'T WORK. ENJOY THE FINAL PART OF FATAL PHONE CALL. PICTURE OF ELLIE MAKING HER WAY TO PEACE!!!!

It was around then Ellie started to cry.

" How can this be happening?" she said sobbing. " How did this happen?"

I stared helplessly in to the phone trying to comfort her. Through a phone it's not that easy. You can't hug a phone. So my brain took over instead.

" I guess that Patrick's luck finally ran out." I started. " He must have run out of money for the pot."

" So what?" Ellie said cynically. " He just rounded up every girl he was going out with to kill them? And for what?"

I heard a shuffling through my phone.

" Yeah, I knew it. He didn't take anything that was in my pockets not even my fifty euro which I got as a birthday present."

My gasp got stuck in my throat.

" Yes Matt. It's my birthday today. I am 18 years old." Ellie laughed bitterly. " Funny how my life ends when it only just begun."

I couldn't believe it. It was so unfair how something so stupid and pointless did this to Ellie.

" It's not fair." Ellie bawling at this stage. " It's not fair. It's not fair. It's not FAIR."

I heard Ellie screaming and running through the phone. I had no idea where she was going but what she roared next made it pretty obvious.

" DIE, YOU BASTARD, DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

She was probably trying to kick Patrick's brains all over the pavement cause I have a feeling it's not a blow job she's trying to give him. I had to let her vent her anger as I couldn't see her or pull her away. I just ran over to Patrick's body and spoke in to the phone. " He's dead Ellie."

Ellie was sobbing somewhere when she paused. Sniffing she asked " did you just call me Ellie?"

" Yeah......... Sooooooooo?"

" Remember? I said people who love me call me Ellie... Matt?"

Okay... why does a girl always have dramatically switch a conversation in to pure awkwardness. One minute it's all about trying to do a corpse harm and now it's the feelings. WHEN WILL THEY EVER FIGURE IT OUT? Guys are not capable of talking about that kind of stuff. Maybe it's the, as some of the girls in my school call it, "overload in the testosterone department". NEWS FLASH LADIES- maybe YOU have an overload in the oestrogen area. I could have gone on and on about this, seriously I did many times before, but Ellie had a point.

I called her Ellie... you know. Why did I call her Ellie? I have been calling her Ella all night before Patrick. I am so right. Feelings are a topic men will never embrace. We just don't have the capacity to feel emotion.

There. I said it. Now. Is every female in the audience educated? Cause there is only so much time a man's opinion matters today.

" Matt. I can't believe you have no idea of why you are calling me Ellie. You're such stonehearted robot."

Told you so.

" Look Ellie. Guys are not capable of feeling emo-"

" BULLSHIT!!! You're the one who wanted a snog earlier when Patrick cashed in his chips. Now you're blowing me off? Well do you want to know what I think of you, DO YOU?"

Getting slightly pissed now that the moment was dead.

" Okay what am I in the world according to miss high and fucking mighty."

Ellie paused.

" The nicest guy I have ever met..."

Somebody up there switched a CPR machine cause the moment gasped for breath.

" Wha... what do you mean." I asked to what I hope was Ellie standing in front of me.

" Remember my first impression of you? I said I still hadn't made up my mind. No guy has ever had a conversation this long with me before. They think I'm too weird."

" You're not weird!" I spluttered. " You're just... mildly interesting."

Ellie snorted softly.

" Mildly interesting. Bullshit. I'm sure that's the first thing that came in to your head when I accidentally dialled your number."

I opened my mouth to retort when I realised she was right. When she called me I was waiting for the moment when I could hang up on her. Shit. How was I supposed to know she was actually awesome once you get to know her. Just guys never bothered to fully understand her coolness . Maybe that was why she didn't give up on Patrick sooner. Her one chance for a guy to truly like her.

That fucking asshole for destroying the only girl, who would ever talk to me.

" Ellie I like you. Isn't that enough?" I whispered and leaned forward, puckering my lips hoping that they weren't just touching cold and bitter air.

Ellie laughed quietly and sadly on the phone.

" That's my nose, you idiot, these are my lips."

Ellie...

It should have been magical.

It should have been the kiss of a lifetime.

It had snowed and besides the dead body lying ten feet away it was the perfect scene.

A calm, cool night where the snow was a downy blanket and the moon was fat and full.

It should have been real.

It should have been a kiss.

But it wasn't.

If anyone saw me I would look like a total prat kissing complete nothingness.

She should have lived.

She knew it too.

Ellie was crying again. Small little gasps of sobs could be heard through the phone. I imagined she was huddling in to me, tears that could never soak through my shirt, fists that never hold my hand and a voice that could only ever be heard through an accidental phone call.

I must have been crying too because my breathing got caught.

I must have looked seriously fucked up as I was beginning to wheeze.

Coughing and confused I peered around at the cause of my tightened throat.

Breathing became a difficultly as I started to stagger.

I was thinking that maybe it was an allergy or something when Ellie screeched through the phone " PATRICK!!! STOP! GET OFF HIM!!!"

I suppose, if Ellie could come back, why not Patrick too?

My knees slumped to the ground as my body screamed for oxygen...

Lights were beginning to fade...

I couldn't believe I was going to die so fucking easily...

I never got to appreciate anything properly in life...

Everything changed the moment I answered that fatal phone call...

All because of her...

Ellie...

I opened my eyes to flinch from the brightness. Owww. Can someone turn down the fucking lights in here so I can think. The light cleared for me to see a body near where I was lying. I crawled over to it, to see a man faced down flat. He was clearly dead. He must have died horribly I imagined observing the bruises that enveloped him. I slowly turned his head over to see that the dead person was actually....... Patrick?

Holy shit, how did Patrick die?

" HELP ME!!!"

Standing on my feet like a toddler I squinted to see two struggling figures in front of me.

" PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!"

That voice again.

Have I heard it before?

A man was trying to escape the wrath of a seriously pissed off chick. Fuck. I bet he totally made a wrong move or something.

However it was the girl who was screaming for help.

If it was down to me, I would have just left her. I mean, come on, I was in need of some serious medical attention and I was pretty sure that she was doing just fine herself.

It was around then I threw up.

Vomiting, I have learned, can be an unpleasant wake-up call.

It's like getting rid of whatever fucked up fantasy you appear to be in at the moment.

For me, I spewed obliviousness.

Spitting out the acidic concoction the girl screamed again.

" PATRICK, PLEASE DON'T HURT HIM!"

And it all came flooding back.

Ellie...

Ellie.

Ellie?

Holy fucking shit.

ELLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"ELLIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

"M...Matt?"

Ellie's face was a mask of confusion, can't really blame her. I mean, it's not every day someone can see the dead, let alone one delusional and drunken heroin junkie and a girl who was seriously does not know the meaning of normality and "right place at the right time". Death did not suit Patrick well. If someone is ever telling you about that bullshit where when you're a ghost you become young and beautiful. It's all a load of crap. You look like what you are when you die. Patrick's clothes were ripped, speckled with blood, froth and semen.

He was doing this for pleasure.

Bloody fucker. Sooner I take this guy down to eternal damnation where he can spend the rest of his miserable existence the better. I charged towards him when Ellie lost her grip. Patrick bucked his body and head butted Ellie square in the forehead. The kind that would give you concussion. Ellie slumped to the ground in a daze.

It was just me and Patrick now. I dived towards him and pushing out my arms hit him right in the gut.

I looked at my hands in wonder. How did I do that. How could I see them when I couldn't see them before? How could I touch them when I walked straight through Ellie just a few moments ago?

I didn't get it but it seemed Patrick wasn't too concerned about it. All he cared about was that he had the ability to hurt me.

However I was more concerned about Ellie who was huddling beside something that looked pretty random in the middle of a snowfield street. Starting to walk towards her Patrick kicked my hand away. I knew it wasn't broken as it flinched back but it was still SOOOO FUCKING PAINFUL.

That's it.

He's going down.

To fucking eternal damnation even if I'm going to drag him down by his dick myself.

Grinding my teeth, I sprinted in Patrick's direction and lashed out with punches and kicks. Patrick received them with no effect as you can't get much worse than being dead.

Patrick answered back with his own variety of (what would make sense in the complicated world of delusion) attacks. Patrick punched the air, fell down, got up, fell down again got up and staggered towards me where he threw up over the side of the road. Clearly I had the higher advantage if this was how pathetic death made Patrick.

Yet...

We were talking about a ghost here people, I mean, how can you kill a ghost?

Patrick seemed to change his fucked up mind and bumbled in the direction of Ellie, lying beside the object, vulnerable and weak.

Raising my fists I thought- I don't know how to finish a ghost but at least I can say that I didn't try- and summoning all my strength I ran and leapt right on top of Patrick.

He tried to repeat what he did to Ellie, lunging his head right back I was wondering how his neck didn't just snap off. It would make my life so much easier for god's sake.

I dug my nails in to his already bleeding neck to get a proper grip. Patrick screamed and twisted his neck, tearing it apart even further.

Patrick could feel pain too.

Now I'm sure most people out there have read, seen or even heard about Twilight.

Well fuck, it's probably more well known than Barrack Obama's well deserved victory. But to all those out there how love it or love to hate it, know this- it saved my life.

I was using my arms and legs to keep myself on him and to stop him from hurting Ellie. Only my mouth was free of doing any damage.

The whole neck being ripped apart totally reminded me of the seriously popular vampire series ( which basically evaluates where this generation is headed) and I came up with a plan that works in some of those random zombie movies.

I bit him.

Now this wasn't a kind of bite that happens in a junior infant playground where one gets a small dent in his or her skin and then runs to the teacher bawling their eyes out.

No this was what you would probably call "freakiest but totally best fucking epic move EVER".

Taking a leaf out of Dracula's novels I closed my eyes, opened my mouth as wide as I could and mauled my teeth straight in to Patrick's forehead.

Patrick started screeching in pure agony as I pulled back with all my might.

I heard the splitting and slashing of Patrick's mangled neck as it was torn back in to a 180 degree angle. Like a tug a war I just kept on pulling and yanking back his head until I collapsed with near exhaustion. Let it be known that almost tugging a man's head off his body using your teeth should be an energy issue. Y'no, just in case it happens again.

I was groaning on the floor, spitting blood out on to the snow when I heard him.

Snorting like a rhinoceros was Patrick, hands outstretched, aiming for me.

I quickly avoided the incoming entity who tripped and landed straight in to my own puke. Which so happened to land right on his body.

Oops. Oh well. So much for respect for the dead. Not like Patrick deserved that much respect anyway.

His lopsided head was dangling nauseatingly from his body grinning at me as he closed in.

When he tripped over his body's shadow...

We both looked, confused, at Patrick's body's shadow become increasingly large and twisted until I saw a knarled, shadowy hand rise up from the back pool. A figure rose from the murky depths, cloaked and veiled from our sight.

He pointed to Patrick and started to walk towards him.

Patrick faintly screaming tried to back away from the form which was an obviously futile attempt. The creature moved with incredible swiftness, grabbed Patrick's arm and started to pull him back towards the shadow.

Patrick was genuinely freaking out now. He started to garble "no, no, no I, I, don't want to, to, to, g, g, go there, there."

The silent figure kept on pulling. Patrick broke loose and screamed " WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU?" The figure stopped and lifted the veil.

The concealed character was Patrick staring back.

Except he looked different.

Obviously he wasn't mangled, twisted and bloody, he looked like Patrick but he was crying. Tears were rolling down a gentle complexion that wasn't dirty by alcohol and his eyes were welling in sorrow. When he spoke, he spoke without a purpose, as if it was the end for him.

" You ask what you ever did to me..."

The Patrick stared back at Patrick.

" You tossed me aside like an old toy. You thought you didn't need a conscience so you simply forgot how to feel remorse. Look at the damage it has done."

The Patrick gestured his arm around him.

" And for that you must pay the consequence."

Before Patrick could even yelp, The Patrick seized his wrist and continued on dragging Patrick towards the empty void. I could only watch open-mouthed.

The Patrick got Patrick's head, looked him in the eye and whispered " now you will understand how it feels to be a shadow." and he pushed Patrick in.

Patrick was lost forever.

The Patrick looked back at me and murmured " I'm deeply sorry Matt. I wasn't supposed to be like this."

And with a relieved and content sigh The Patrick smiled at the stars and vanished, without a trace.

###########################PLAY VIDEO#############################

Huh. Who would have thought it?

I heard sobbing over by the misshapen object.

Ellie...

I saw her curling up beside the unidentified object that was beside.

Reaching down I touched her shoulder. Like a startled deer, she looked sharply at me.

She was clearly upset by something new.

" Ellie. Patrick's gone. What's wrong?"

She pointed at the misshapen object's face.

My face.

It was me.

For a second or two I thought that Patrick had come back and wrapped his hands around my neck again when I couldn't drew in a breath. But it was just me.

Me, Ellie and my body.

That's how I did it.

The whole be able to see and touch them.

I was dead.

I guess Patrick had been able to strangle me fully.

In a way it made sense.

And yet I wasn't sad. You see I wasn't alone.

I had Ellie.

Ellie's hand was shaking as she pointed at me.

However she was crying too hard to notice that I was breathing.

I was alive.

" Look Ellie"

We watched in silence as my chest rose and fell like a little bird.

She looked at me and smiled.

It was then I truly saw her. She was average height, a few inches short of me with soft, medium length, brown hair that reached just past her shoulders. She was paler than most of the girls in my school. Her face was clear of spots and had the tiniest of freckles on her nose. Her lips were round and slightly chapped. She was wearing a purple t-shirt with a cartoon panda playing a guitar. She had a dark blue denim miniskirt which ironically had a pair of wings on each of the pockets. Her leggings were a deeper purple than her top and had a panda on each ankle. Her shoes were purple converse with smiley face shoe laces. Her jacket looked handmade, it was a dark red coat with hand painted swirls on the hood.

It was her eyes that stole my heart.

An intoxicating shade of blue that twinkled and shimmered in the light reflected by the snow.

Then I saw it.

Right under her neck, like a grotesque necklace was the cause of her death.

A swift slash that barely had time to bleed before she hurtled out of life.

I gently touched it with the tips of my fingers, started myself of the fact that I was able to feel how smooth her skin was.

She clearly hadn't noticed it yet as she looked, confused at me. Her fingers followed the trail of blood on her neck sending fresh tears to those fascinating eyes.

She lifted herself and fell in to my arms.

I held her delicate body against my own.

Our first embrace.

Together.

I kissed the top of her head, her hair tickling my lips. She looked up. Drew closer.

Our lips found each other.

In silence we shared one tender moment that has been as old as near the creation of love itself.

I wasn't going to give that up.

I was guessing that I was merely unconscious's and could wake up any minute.

I had to be quick.

Pushing Ellie away from my slowly, I moved towards my body.

" Matt? What are you doing?"

Flexing my fingers I murmured " if Patrick can do this, so can I."

Ellie figured out pretty quickly what I was about to do.

" Matt" she cried, her face shocked. " Are you going to strangle yourself?"

I looked at her and smiled. " If it means staying with you forever.."

I put myself in the position and knelt down closer to me when a hand grabbed my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw Ellie, her eyes closed, a solitary tear rolled down her face. I took her by the hand.

" What's wrong?"

" This is wrong. I can't let you kill yourself for me. I'm not selfish enough for that."

" But we can be together... forever."

Ellie laid her hand on my cheek.

" If that means destroying the very thing I love then I won't."

She looked at me, smiled and said " Besides, it's not like we'll never see each other again." She winked mischievously " everyone's got to go at one stage." she became serious again " Swear that you won't kill yourself or do something stupid."

Laughing quietly I held out my smallest finger and whispered " I pinkie swear it."

Smiling too, we linked our fingers together and grinned to each other.

Then Ellie startled, looked down at her feet.

We both watched as they soften out, change to pure white and blow away with the breeze.

Ellie whispered " Snow."

I watched as the transformation worked it's way up on her.

My Ellie was turning in to snow.

We watched each other realising how little time we had left.

But...

I didn't move.

Neither of us did.

We just stayed with our fingers linked until even that turned in to the ice crystals that fall from the sky.

Ellie smiled serenely as her head was next.

" Thank you" she whispered.

She exhaled loudly, tossed her head back and smiling, she faded in to nothing more than snow.

She was gone.

I lay on the ground holding the snow, cupped in my hands.

But it wasn't over yet.

The snow floated up from my hands and once again became Ellie.

But it wasn't Ellie like before

The snow had created an identical image of Ellie out of snow that moved and shifted just like her.

My Ellie.

From behind Ellie, feathered wings unfurled.

" Wait!" I cried, tears slipping down my face.

Ellie put a finger to my lips, reached in and kissed me.

Than she put both of her arms on my shoulders and gave me a gentle push.

It wasn't a strong push but I felt myself falling anyway, right in the direction where my body was.

" Bye..." was all I managed as I saw her fly vertically in a dome of beautiful light, waving at me one last time before she reached-

I woke up.

Confused I looked around for Ellie but she was gone.

I was conscious.

" Ellie?..." I cried out to an empty street.

She was gone.

" NO!" I yelled and quickly took out my phone.

It was out of battery.

I punched the ground in frustration.

She was gone.

My Ellie.

That was when I saw something lying next to me.

A phone?

But who-

Ellie.

I opened it to see she was in the middle of sending a text addressed to me.

It read " have you ever fell in love 30 minutes too late?"

Ellie...

I lay down on the snow covered path, not caring about the cold, looking up at the sky.

I held my smallest finger up to the sky, right where the dome of light was before.

" I pinkie swear it" I murmured, smiling to know that someone up there, out there was linking her finger and smiling back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 103K 197
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
981K 62.9K 59
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...