On My Doorstep [Editing]

By RuthNaggawa

Fawn Tessa Bonheur is a 23 year old, African American, heiress to a famous publishing company; Vender Publish... More

On My Doorstep
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
A Gift For You! -MUST READ-
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 13.5|RUDE!
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 10

4.2K 200 10
By RuthNaggawa

FAWN

"Is this the place?" I asked Trent, as we pulled up to a restaurant downtown. You could see the warm lighting through the large windows, even through the eggshell curtains. The name, Bellissimo, led me to believe it was our destination, despite the fact that we were in the heart of Little Italy. All in all, this place looked expensive, and that's what Trent likes.

"Yes, it is," he said, parking in front where the valet was located. Turning to me, he smiled, "how'd you know?"

I picked up my purse, opening the door, "lucky guess."

Walking into the restaurant, after valet took his car, I could smell the aroma of scented candles, some cologne and perfume, along with hints of food.

"Table for two," Trent said to a man at reception, "under Branson."

After tapping around on his screen, he smiled up at us, picking up two menus.

"Right this way."

We were led through tables of families, friends, doting couples, laughter and smiles. Everyone looked happy. The kind of happy you see in a Cola commercial.

"Thank you," I said to the man, taking a seat at our table. His silver plate name tag red Kevin, and the doctor'a face immediately came into my mind.

I wonder what he's doing right now...

"Your waitress will be right with you," Kevin said, then left our table.

In a matter of seconds, Marie, our waitress, was at our table. She looked different from the other waiters and waitresses here. It wasn't her skin; there were other African-Americans working here amongst the diverse staff of Bellissimo.

Her hair was tied back in a bun just like the other staff who had long hair. It was bothering me, because I felt like I knew her, she seemed familiar. That's why she stood out.

But, where do I know her from?

I felt a hand on mine, giving me a gentle squeeze, "Tess?"

Blinking rapidly, I was pulled out of my own mind and deep thought. Trent was looking at me, smiling slightly. He'd been trying to get my attention.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I ordered some risotto for us to start with, and shrimp. Is that okay?" He asked in reply.

I nodded, "you asked for water, right?"

He furrowed his brows, seemingly confused, "damn I forgot and I ordered wine. I can just-"

Pulling my hand out from underneath his, I sighed. It was nice to feel the touch, too. But he ruined the moment.

"Just one or two glasses, right," I asked him.

He squinted at me, them shook his head, "...no... Why would I?

"Because... You're driving, and I don't drink."

"Well, if that's what you want, I'll just take it home," he gave in.

I smiled, appreciatively, despite part of me feeling like a controlling girlfriend.

"This is the smart choice. Imagine the headlines," I told myself. "A-Lister, Trent Branson, caught with a DUI in Little Italy!"

No, thank you!

"You're so cute, Kev!" I heard a woman say. I turned my head toward the voice, though I knew it wasn't my Kevin she was talking to.

"Your Kevin?" Asked the voice in my head.

Whatever. You know what I mean!

Right when my eyes landed on the pair, they were met with his.

Kevin!

We had the same look of shock in our eyes, as they walked over to a table a little too close to mine.

I thought he didn't have a girlfriend!
Well, that doesn't mean he's not dating!

I turned back to Trent, who noticed my long-lasting eye contact with someone he considers a stranger.

"Who's that?" He asked me.

"Who?" I asked back, feigning innocence.

"That guy," he stated.

I shrugged, willing my gaze to remain at the bread basket, "what guy?"

He glanced behind me, then reached across the table, lifting my chin so that my eyes met his, "you look gorgeous tonight, babe."

I smiled, cringing on the inside. He must be trying to make Kevin jealous.

Stop touching me!

I took his hand in mine, moving it away from my chin as romantically as possible.

"Thank you."

******

"Thank you, God," I sighed, drying my hands in the ladies room. I just had to leave that table, I needed a break.

It was just so irritating to hear that girl he was with constantly commenting on some part of his body, laughing at his stupid jokes.

Maybe they were just stupid because they weren't meant for me.

Walking out of the washroom, I was halted by someone and their words.

"What a coincidence-"

"OH!" I shrieked, jumping back with a hand over my heart. I looked up to see Kevin, the doctor, reaching out to steady me.

"You startled me!" I whispered, accepting his help and standing straight. He smiled, amused.

"I startled you?"

I laughed, meeting his gaze, "the 'proper' side of me sometimes makes a surprise appearance."

My heartbeat quickened its pace, probably because of the way he was looking at me. And his eyes? Ooh.

He nodded, looking around the hall we were standing in, outside of the washrooms, "I see that you're here with your boyfriend-"

"He's not my boyfriend," I blurted out, impulsively.

I could see his eyes light up slightly with hope, "really? You seem intimate."

Crap.

"Well, I mean, it's complicated," I told him, looking anywhere but his face. That wasn't a lie, as opposed to the whole truth. Trent and I are, um...

"I should get back to my table. Enjoy your date," I said to Kevin, waving back at him as I left.

******

"I'm ready for desert!" Trent exclaimed, rubbing his hands together and smiling at me.

I opened my mouth to inform him that we just had some, then I realized.

Oh... That desert.

"You ready to go?" I asked him, quietly. I did not want Kevin to hear any of this conversation. Especially since I was in no way planning to sleep with Trent, naked.

"Yeah. Let's head out," he replied, standing up. I got up as well, glancing back at the table behind us. I could feel Kevin's eyes on me, even after I looked away.

Trent came around the table, offering me his left hand. I took it, I had to take it. People were looking at us, him in his crisp black suit, me wearing a silk dress shirt and black pencil skirt.

And we strolled out, hand in hand, looking like the upper-class couple the magazines would be writing about tomorrow. With Kevin, I'm sure, looking over at us.

Damn it!

*********

A/No

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and/or comment if you did! Or, just to support me.

Be sure to check out my other stories, as some of you have already done(which I appreciate so much)!

Much Love!

~HanaMay~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.2K 4.7K 42
Joanna Brooks had her life all planned. She'd have graduated in time, got a great job, had a successful career. In the middle there would have been a...
1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
897K 34.9K 52
2nd place in Wicked Awards 3rd place in The Waterfall Awards "You're real funny Kevin Reynolds, the marriage is just a contract so no I'm not going t...
5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...