That Golden State Love- Klay...

By MalikaF

Klay Thompson, shooting guard for Golden State Warriors, has it all. The fame, the fans, and the 2015 NBA cha... More

What's My Name?
Bitch? I got your bitch right here!
This Woman's Work
"Freaky and aggressive. Marry me?"
I swear to you it wasn't my weed
"Who's getting drafted tonight?"
Meeting the Curry's
"Sweetie don't get dragged up and down this gym."
Nights in California
Graduation
Power Team💪🏾+🏀
I got that NyQuil😏
Food poisoning🤔🤔
Congrats!
"He started it so I had to finish it."
"Get her the fuck out of here!"
Can You Stand the Rain☔️
💛WARRIORS💙
Oooh, baby, baby👶🏽👶🏽
So Inconsiderate🙄🙄🙄
He's so sweet😍
"Do you know how crazy your sister is?"
One & Only Girl👰🏾
All-Star Weekend🏀
"...I don't want to have to slide your aśs."
Is this bítch crazy?
The Guys
Boy Bye✋🏾😂
Back to Business🏀
Family Time👨‍👩‍👧‍👦
Season Opener💙💛
Klay Day
Lyric Prank

"That's my motherfucking baby!!!"

3.5K 65 24
By MalikaF

It's been hard going to school without seeing Klay on the regular. I sometimes find myself walking towards his dorm but halfway there I realize he's not there anymore. We've been trying to make sure we talk to each other everyday. But sometimes it gets hard to speak to him because our schedules are so busy. I really and truly miss my boo and my baby Rocco.

I am in my room listening to Keyshia Cole as I wait for practice.

Oh, Loveeeeeeeeeee
Never knew what I was missing
But I knew once we start kissin'
I found..... I found you......
Loveeeeeeee
Never knew what I was missin'
But I knew once we start kissin'
I found..... I found you.....

"Yes Keyshia sang it girl!!!" I scream at the radio.

I am so into the song I don't realize Stacy come into the room. I was only aware of her presence when the radio was shut off in the middle of the Keyshia going off.

"Girl I know you not in this room moping around. You better get your a** up so we can go to practice for our game tonight."

"I miss my baby." I say pouting.

"I'm sure he misses you too but remember we're almost done with senior year and after this you'll be moving to the Bay with Klay."

"Ughhh I guess you're right."

"I know I am. Now get up and get ready cause it's time to eat tonight."

I get up and get my stuff together. We leave to go to the gym to practice.

During practice I find myself making minor mistakes.

"Malika you better get your head in the game. You can't be making these little mistake! Focus! Okay?" Coach yells at me.

"Yes coach."

I try to play better in practice. After practice I took a shower and go to get some dinner before the game.

As I am eating I am waiting for my game day text from Klay. Since we aren't near each other to hype each other up or do our handshake we text each other a game day message.

I finish my food and I'm still waiting for a text. This boy better text me back. I'm not playing with him, he knows we do this on every game day.

I leave the dining hall to go back to the gym to get ready for the game. We get changed and start to stretch ourselves. I check my phone one more time and see no text from Klay. I swear he is going to get it when I get in contact with him. I put my phone down and get ready to hype the team up.

"Y'all know what time it is?!?!"  I yell.

"Game time!" The team chants.

"Who's house is this?"

"Ours!"

"What we gonna do?"

"Eat!"

"That's what I'm talking about!! Cougars on three. 1..2..3!"

"Cougars!!!"

"Alright girls let go get this W." Stacy says.

We go to the tunnel and get ready to run out. As I wait I can feel the electricity of the crowd rising.

We run out to screams.

I look around and start to get hype as fu*k. One thing I love about WSU is our school sprit.

We start to warm up and I hear the "Niggas In Paris" pumping through the speakers throughout the gym. I'm starting to get pumped of this game.

We warm up for a bit and go to the bench. Stacy and I start joking around and start to do our pre-game ritual which consisted of us dancing. We started cooking.

The other girls start cooking and we even got the coaches to do it with us. Stacy and I are like the powerhouse of the team. 

We get the team hype as fu*k before we start to go over the game plan for tonight.

As I go over the game plan for tonight I can't help but have this feeling that by the end of night I'm going to be really happy.

The game is about to start and we set up for the tip off. Brenda is able to knock the ball our way and I catch it. I start dribble this girl comes up to guard me but I am able to shake her off me leaving me open to make a three. I hear the swish of the net and I get hype. I do this thing that Klay sometimes likes to do when he makes a three.

The ball is now in the other teams possession and this girl goes to lay up the ball and it is blocked by Stacy. Stacy quickly passes the ball to me and I am able to run a fastbreak and dunk the ball over some girl who tries to stop me. After I dunk the ball I am a little shocked at myself. I rarely dunk. As I look to the side I see the bench going crazy.

(I couldn't really find any good bench reactions form the WNBA, so pretend that they are girls.)

I hear the announcers say "Malika is on fire and we're only a minute into the game."

Stacy runs over to me. "That's what the fuck I'm talking about Malika!"

We continue to play the game and I can say we are dominating these girls. Half time approaches and the score is 80-30 with us in the lead by 50 points. I scored 30 of our 80 points and had 17 assists so far.

We go in the locker rocker room hype as ever.

"Ladies we are doing the damn thing tonight." Coach says.

"I don't know what's gotten into you guys but I'm loving it. Especially Malika. A three pointer and a dunk one minute into the game somethings different about you."

"To be honest coach I don't even know what it is. I just feel like it's going to be a good night."

"Well keep that feeling up. You're on fire tonight."

"Thanks coach."

We go over some more game plans for the next half of the game. After we do that we are cooling down and some of us are getting stretched out by the trainers. All of a sudden there's a knock on the door. Coach goes to crack the door to see who it is, she looks back at us and then she opens the door wider. When she opens the door wider I see Klay standing there with a smile and roses.

I jump up from chair and run to jump in his arms.

He is holding me up in his arms and I start to cry.

"Omg it's really you. I've missed you so fucking much."

He sets me down down and kisses me.

"I'm here baby girl."

I keep crying because I can't believe he's here.

"Baby girl stop crying." He says as he wipes my tears.

I smile at him and then I punch him in the arm.

"That's for not texting me before the game."

"I'm sorry baby girl I wanted to surprise you. Am I forgiven?"

"Yes, you are."

"You are on fire out there. And you're dunking now what's that all about?"

"I don't even know where that came from. I was shocked myself."

"My baby girl out here dunking and shooting three's. Scoring 30 points in all. I'm glad I'm here tonight to see this. I even brought Steph and Ayesha with me."

"OMG where are they?"

"They're outside."

"Let me go say hi to them before we have to get ready to go back out for the second half."

We go outside I see Ayesha and Stephen. I run up and hug them.

"I'm so glad you guys are here."

"We're happy to be here too" Ayesha says smiling.

"You were a beast out there. A dunk and three in the first minute of the game and 30 points in the first half. I can't wait to see the second half."

"Thanks baby face." We all laugh at the nickname I had given Steph a couple weeks after being friends with him.

"I gotta get back in there and get ready for the second half. I'll see y'all after the game."

"Later" Steph and Ayesha say.

I give Klay a give kiss.

"Drop 20 more points for me."

"I got you." I say as I put my hand out for our handshake.

After our handshake I go back inside with the rest of the team to get ready to go out for the second half.

"Stacy pick someone who's ankles need snatching."

"Oh number 15 she kept calling me out my name when she was guarding me."

"I got you. I'm feel so much better now that my man is here. We about to have a feast."

I gather all the girls attention. "Girls gather around. I don't know about you guys but I feeling really hungry tonight. So let's go out there and eat. Cougars on 3. 1..2..3."

"COUGARS!"

We go back out for the second half. I am more hype than before.

We soon start the second half of the game and I am on number 15. She get's the ball and goes to take a 3 pointer and I block the sh!t out of her shot to get her rowdy. We keep playing and just as much as I am on this girl she is on me. I get the ball and start dribbling, her and another player are in front of me trying to guard me. I do a crossover making both of them fall

I shoot a three. As it goes in the crowd goes crazy.

"Malika is burning this court up with those moves. She is on fire tonight." I hear the announcers say.

We are coming towards the end of the game and only have 10 seconds left. The ball is in their possession. Felicity steals the ball throws it Stacy who throws it to me and at 2 seconds left I shoot a three from half court to finish the game. After I do this the crowd goes crazy.

We end the game a blowout. 130-50 points and I made 60 of the 130 points.  We go to shake hands with the other team and after that the crowd floods to the court.

"That's my motherfucking baby!!!" I hear Klay yell.

I am so excited that he is here to share this big win with me. I am congratulated by a bunch of different people. As soon as the crowd clears out I go over to Steph, Ayesha, and Klay.

"Damn Malika. You're a savage. I didn't know you could play like that. All those WNBA players are lucky you didn't go professional." Steph says with a laugh.

"Yeah Malika. I'm so glad I got to see you play. You got a wicked crossover."

I laugh at this. "Thanks guys. You guys wanna go out and get some food?"

"Yeah. Sounds good."

"Okay. Give me some time to do this interview, debrief with the team, take a shower and change."

I run over to this reporter for NCAA.

"Malika you were on fire tonight. Congratulations on having a triple-double with 60 points, 15 rebounds, and 25 assist. That last three from half court was beautiful. I don't think any of those guards on the opposing team could have stopped you tonight. Why do you think you played so well tonight?"

I laugh at this. "Thank you. To be honest with you before the game I just had this feeling that tonight was going to be a good night and then during half time my boyfriend and some of my close friends came and surprised me. I haven't seen my boyfriend in about 2 months and he just shows up to my game so seeing him gave me motivation to play harder."

"That's really good. If I may ask who is your boyfriend?"

"He's Klay Thompson from the Golden State Warriors. He used to play here. He actually standing right over there"

"Babe come here!" I yell to him.

Klay walk over to us.

"This is my boyfriend Klay. He is one of my main supporters and even though he is playing basketball himself he still finds ways to make me smile and support me."

"How long have you two been dating"?

"2 years and 3 months."

"Awwww well I wish the best for both of you. Again congratulations on the wonderful game Malika."

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

I wrap up the interview, debriefed with the team and then get ready to go to dinner with Klay, Steph, and Ayesha.

"So where's the best spot for some good food?" Ayesha ask while we're in the car.

"Lola's!!" Klay and I say at the same time.

Lola's was the restaurant we went to for our first date and it became our spot.

We arrive there and the atmosphere is the same as it always is, lively. We eat and enjoy our dinner and dance the night away. Steph can not dance to save his life, seeing him dance is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Tonight was such an amazing night. I had 60 points, 15 rebounds, and 25 assist and on top of that my boyfriend and my closet friends surprised me.

*A/N: Awwww isn't Klay sweet❤️❤️ Thanks for reading. Please vote, comment, and share😁*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4K 48
"You fuck my boyfriend, I fuck your brother. Checkmate bitch" **disclaimer: this book is influenced by the two books Spite; k.t. by chillxklay and Wa...
56.8K 1.3K 26
•"I'm not exactly the best driver" •"I noticed" He thought he would never fall in love again, but instead crashed into love.
71.5K 1.3K 24
We can't always get what we want in life. I found that out when I lost my best friend to the one thing he loved in this world: Basketball. But what I...
78.6K 1.4K 13
A cute short story starring YOU and Golden State Warrior & Splash Brother Klay Thompson.