Being The Bad Boy's...What?

By EnchantingWords

Six years have gone by for our favorite gang of quirky friends. They've had their ups and downs, even their h... More

Chapter 2- Something Remains
Chapter 3- New Players, Old Game
Chapter 4- Cruel Storms and Jealousy Wars

Chapter 1- We're Grown Ups Now

14.7K 659 189
By EnchantingWords

     Because without you, I wouldn't know the true meaning of heartache. I wouldn't know what it's like to watch the man you love rip your world apart. I wouldn't know how a heart breaks as you watch the other half of your soul walk away from you. I wouldn't know how many tears my eyes would shed until truly exhausting themselves.

                                                                                                                     -Khloe.

     I stare blankly at the papers in front of me, my mind drifting to a different place and a different time, perhaps a different person as well. Memories flit through my head, flashes of a smile I haven't seen in a while, at least one that hasn't been directed at me. How did things get this far?

     "Khloe, are you even listening to me?" My head snaps up and my eyes connect with a pair of brown ones that sit directly across from me. Ruby looks at me expectantly, her brown hair falling over her shoulders and her pretty pink lips pursed to the side. I shake my head to disperse my thoughts before waving my hand dismissively.

     "Sorry, what were you saying?" I straighten up in my chair before letting my eyes fall on the designs in front of me. The whole building has been buzzing with excitement and anticipation as they wait for me to reveal this year's Fall collection. It's been six years since I graduated high school, four since I graduated college with a double major in fashion merchandising and design, and two years since I finally took head position of my late mother's company. It was also around that time that the world I'd come to know began to crumble around me.

     Again.

     "I was reminding you that we have to ensure that all of the designs for the Fall collection are chosen today. We need to begin marketing and send them to production," Ruby replies. She fulfilled her dreams of going to fashion school and is now my right hand woman at Mason Fashion. I nod along as I arrange the fashion catalog for the collection, debating over two designs. Both of them done by Ruby, who is one of my top designers.

     "I can't choose between these two so I'll just extend the collection. Since I chose most of your designs I want you to name the collection, and I want you to be the face for it too." Once upon a time, Ruby would have jumped up and down with glee but it seems life has matured some of us. Well, I'd expect it from her, ever since she got married and settled down she seems to carry an ethereal glow with her. True happiness shines in her brown eyes at the news, the kind of happiness she experiences when someone calls her by her new name.

     Ruby Moreno, the very beautiful and proud wife of my good friend, Lucas Moreno. That nice rock that sits on her finger accompanied by her wedding band isn't just for decorative purposes. They had their ups and downs, but finally tied the knot last year.

     "Thank you, Khloe." I beam at her before glancing at the clock on the wall, muttering a curse under my breath I begin to gather my things. "Ah, you forgot it was your turn to pick up your daughter this time," amusement coats Ruby's voice.

     "I didn't forget, I just thought I had enough time," I groan. "The last time I arrived late Lucy glared at me like there was no tomorrow. You'd be surprised at the things she picks up from her dad." I shake my head, grab my bags and straighten my skirt before crossing over to the door.

     "Speaking of which, how is Drew doing?" I can feel the change in air as my body freezes at the mention of Lucy's father. I swallow the lump that seems to have settled on my throat before responding.

     "Drew's fine."

     "And you?" She retorts back swiftly.

     "I'm late," I mutter before escaping through the door. Once in my car I begin to take deep breaths, apparently Drew still has that effect on me. Only this time it seems to cause me physical pain. I don the calm look I've become quite accustomed to before pulling out of the parking lot and heading to my seven year old daughter's school. I smile at the thought of my little blue eyed angel, the upside to my shitty days.

     Things had been going great for Drew and I, in the beginning. During my time in college we began to see less and less of each other, but we were both still very willing to make it work. We loved each other, they weren't empty words we threw around only to be caught in the breeze. They were words that embedded themselves into every part of my soul, claiming my heart in the process. At least I thought we were both willing to make it work, I was wrong.

     Shortly after I started working at my mother's company Drew finally called it quits. He ended it two years ago and I still have to go through the pain of seeing him everyday, since we decided to continue to live together for Lucy's sake. We couldn't possibly break our little girl's heart by forcing her to be apart from either one of us, but that doesn't make things easier.

     I shake my head from such wayward thoughts as I pull up into Lucy's elementary school. I park the car before going inside and walking towards her classroom. As soon as I walk into the classroom with only a minute to spare, Lucy latches her arms around my waist. She pulls away only to make a face at my skirt.

     "I don't like this, mom." I smile at her.

     "Would it have something to do with your dislike for red?" She flashes an all too innocent smile before shrugging and dragging me out of the room by the hand. I barely have time to wave at her teacher, who only smiles at her antics. She sure is strong for a second grader, or I'm still just that weak. I allow my hyperactive, seven year old daughter to drag me away, all the while chattering my ear off about how much of a jerk Parker, a classmate of hers, is. Apparently the boy has a knack for pulling on her ponytail and kicking dirt up at her whenever they go to the playground. I hope Drew doesn't catch wind of this kid, the last time something like this happened he almost murdered someone.

     "Are you excited for Kade's birthday party this weekend?" She immediately perks up at the mention of her younger cousin, instantly distracting her from anything else. Surprisingly, Lucy's very much attached to Kade,who is two years her junior. The little fire ball is an exact replica of his father, my twin brother, Kohl. Even more shocking is the fact that Kohl and Kim are still growing strong after a very tumultuous relationship, especially after she freaked when she found out she was pregnant in college.

       "Mom! Mom!" I blink down at Lucy curiously. "Are you going to open the door? You've been standing there for over two minutes," she explains.

     "Forgive me, darling," I drawl, making her giggle. Shortly after finding out Kim was pregnant, Kohl moved them out to a beautiful house not far from here. Claire and Roger currently reside in the cutest ranch house just outside the town, where they currently take in various foster kids. They really do bring joy to those kids. I push the door open giving Lucy the cue to rush inside the house in search of her father. Her footsteps thunder upstairs as I hang my coat on the rack and dump my bags on a nearby chair.

     Just as I was pulling out some vegetables for dinner, Drew's footsteps bound into the kitchen. I look over to find Lucy in his arms as she begins to tell him about her day. His blue eyes light up with amusement as she recounts the events of today, eyes that mirror hers. The little girl doesn't know that in actuality Drew is her older brother and that I'm not her biological mother, but that doesn't dwindle the love that burns inside of us for her. I'd do anything for my little girl. Damian, her 'grandfather', sends us the occasional letter, letting us know where he is and that he's doing alright. We've kept our promise to him, to raise Lucy as our own and to give her the love he couldn't.

     "Hello Khloe." I look up from my chopping and lock eyes with Drew, who gives me a courteous smile, a million emotions flashing through his eyes. Eyes that have the power to haunt my dreams.

     "Hey," I breathe. I resume my chopping, completely immersing myself into cooking this meal. I know, I know, shouldn't the house be burning at this stage? I actually took some cooking lessons a couple of years ago and found out I'm not totally bad at it. Well, Lucy and Drew haven't complained yet.

     Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Drew place Lucy on her feet. I watch, inconspicuously, as he shrugs out of his suit jacket. After graduating, he took over his father's 'legal' businesses and abuses that fact to dress as he chooses. He drapes his jacket over a chair, rolling up his button down shirt sleeves up to his elbows, his jeans hanging loosely on his hips. Damn bastard is still as gorgeous as ever. His attire leaves one wondering what's under his clothes, not that I need to wonder about what I've already seen. He plops down on a chair and begins to help Lucy with her homework, that is until she rolls her eyes claiming she's a big girl now.

     "Well, do you need any help?" He calls out, making me turn around. He flashes a genuine smile and I almost get lost in his eyes before catching myself.

     "No, thank you." I force a smile his way.

     "You sure?"

     "Yes." I roll my eyes and something in my tone must have caught him off guard because his eyebrows shoot up in surprise. I decide to ignore him and finish preparing our meal. Without prompting, he sets the table and gets Lucy to wash up just as I place the serving dishes on the table. "It's ready," I call out. The both of them come out and take their seats, eagerly getting served and tucking into their meal. Drew tries to make small talk between us and I deflect him as sweetly as possible, especially with Lucy shaking her head from one side to the other, as if watching a tennis match.

     "How was work?"

     "Fine."

     "Hm, some guy called the house asking for you. I think his name was Vince, sounded like an ass-" My hands tighten around my fork and I clear my throat, sending a pointed look in our daughter's direction.

     "I hope you were nice to him because he's one of my PR agents, and I kind of need him now that we're about to launch a new collection." I grab my glass of wine and almost down the whole thing.

     "He seemed a little too friendly," he quips innocently. He takes a swig of the beer bottle on his side, his blue eyes giving me a once over.

     "It's called having friends."

     "But Daddy has friends!" Our eyes snap over to the girl sitting at the table with wide, innocent eyes. Of course she'd but in to defend her 'daddy'. Drew smirks at me over his drink, blue eyes full of mirth and a familiar intensity.

     "Not new ones, sweetie." I smirk at him and shake my head at her confused expression. She shrugs before going back to her food, glaring at the peas on her plate she scoops a spoonful and drops it on Drew's while he's busy looking at his phone. Pushing his phone to the side, he resumes eating while glancing in confusion at the mountain of peas on his plate. Hiding a smile, I stuff my face. The phone starts to vibrate on the table and I look up glaring.

     "It's dinner time, Drew, you should make time for family." He crosses his arms before leaning back.

     "That's your phone, cupcake."

     Ignoring the blush and his unnerving smirk, I look at my phone before jumping up with a strained 'hello'.

     "You sound angry," a male voice chuckles down the phone and I roll my eyes. He should be accustomed to me sounding angry around him.

     "Nothing you're not used to, Alexei. What's wrong now?" I clench my fists by my side as he hums in response. I have an inkling of what the problem is, making an apologetic expression at the table I turn from them and walk into the hall.

     "You're not here for my photoshoot, how very rude of you. Shouldn't you monitor your top model's work?" I can hear the exasperated voices in the background and I pinch my the bridge of my nose to hold my frustration. Why does such a bratty man have to be so talented?

     "Alexei, I'm with my family, and for the last time your work revolves around my company not the other way around." The deep voice on the other end merely chuckles in response.

     "Ah, the hubby is there." I can't contain the laugh that escapes my lips, the mocking and accented mockery of the word 'hubby' sounds hilarious coming from Alexei Petrovich.

     "You know we are not married," I scold after a minute. So distracted by the bickering I failed to hear the sound of footsteps approaching, I'm only aware of someone next to me as the phone is snatched from my hand.

     "The hubby would like to have dinner with the wifey, please don't call again. I'd hate to see you be in need of a lesson." Drew hangs up with a blank expression before sliding my phone into his back pocket. With wide eyes, I stare at the idiot in front of me.

     "What the hell did you just do?"

     "Me, what happened to 'it's family time'?" Drew mimics my voice. He backs me into the wall before slamming his hands on the wall around me. I resist the urge to flinch. Those blue eyes stare at me with such intensity they remind me of the boy I met. The boy that knocked every guard down and also made me build them back up again. I don't know if he's noticed that his hands have fallen to my hips, his thumbs drawing circles over my shirt. My breath hitches, something building at the pit of my stomach while my heart beats erratically. His breath fans the side of my neck as he leans in. "Fire him, cupcake."

     I close my eyes as that name brings back so many memories. I gather my strength and look him straight in the eye. "If only I did what you told me, sweetheart." I get out of his clutches and stomp my way back to the dining room, his mocking chuckle following me from behind and ringing in my ears like a haunting melody.

     Just remember who you're doing this for, Khloe, we're grown ups now. 

     My eyes find Lucy as she climbs onto draw demanding he give her dessert. Yeah, do it for the girl that's worth the world. 

Author's Note:

Happy New Year's Day!!!!

Hope you like the first chapter, it's kind of tame but I didn't want to flood it with action so soon. 

Hope you enjoy, please vote and comment. And next chapter will be in Drew's POV. :P

Pic on the side of Khloe. 

Song on the side: Lana Del Rey- Blue Jeans

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 115 13
All the characters are from my imagination and nothing is personal here. For All the photos used the credits qre to their respective owners.
16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
122K 5.8K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
1M 53.6K 34
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...