[ON HOLD] Scarlet Heart Ryeo

By kylee15404

A young K-drama and K-Pop fan, May Robinson, loves watching a new k-drama called Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart R... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Emergency Alert
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter One

9.1K 214 52
By kylee15404

Wang So, the now Emperor of Goryeo, drags his arm across his table, wiping the table clean and pushing all the plates and cups to the ground. The room is filled with the sounds of glass breaking.

Baek Ah, the thirteenth prince of the royal family, flinches at his fourth brother's sharp outbreak.

"It was Wook," So says, looking deep into nothingness with rage in his eyes. "He came up with everything," he continues, his teeth clenched. "He started it all."

Baek Ah tries to speak, but he is silenced with a hiss from So. "How dare he use the throne to try to manipulate me," he takes a deep breath, his face stiffening and his eyes widening with fury.

"Your Majesty," Baek Ah says worriedly as he looked at his brother rot in his anger and worries. "You should investigate."

So raises his left eyebrow at this statement and gives a piercing glare. "Whom do I have left?" he asks. "I only have you and Soo," his voice hardens, and his fists tightened slightly on the small wooden table which once held all his plates and servings. "Because of Wook... Soo thinks I'm a monster. I will make him pay for that," a small little smirk started to tug the corner of his lips.

Click!

"Hey!" May shouted angrily at her mother. "Why did you off the TV? I was at the most exciting part of the latest episode!"

"And I should care because?" she asked. May shrugged. She smiles victoriously. "Go to bed."

"Mom...it's ten. It's ten o'clock and  you say, 'It's so late at night'?" May said.

"Watch the drama tomorrow." Her mother simply said, ignoring her last words. "It's not like Scarlet Heart is going anywhere," she scoffed and pointed to the stairs.

"Fine," May said reluctantly with clenched teeth.

She went upstairs and processed the words in the latest part of the episode. 'Chae Ryung is dead, Eun is dead, Yo is dead, So's mother is dead, Taejo is obviously dead, Moo is dead, Myung is also dead, and Wook might just meet his end, considering the look on So's face... It's so goddamn exciting.'

She reached out to turn her bedroom doorknob, but her eyes instinctively glanced to the balcony. The sky was a beautiful mixture of dark blue and bright dots, like glitter sprinkling on the surface of the sea. She thought she could spare a couple of minutes enjoying the night sky, seeing how early it was to sleep anyway.

She gazed upon the stars, and she envied how beautiful they looked.  She let out a sigh. She wished an eclipse were to happen tomorrow, and she could be in Scarlet Heart too. She wanted to fall in love with one of the princes, she wanted to feel pain, happiness and sadness.

One of the stars that night was glowing so brightly that it outshined others, overpowering the night sky. Its beauty immediately caught May's eyes.

Instinctively, she held her hands together and made a wish. Just as she did, the star glowed brighter, and a piece of it fell, like a shooting star flying past the stationary ones.

'I want to enter the Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo drama. I want to meet Hae Soo, and I want to meet the royals. I want to feel life in the palace a thousand years ago. I want to make memories, no matter happy or sad. I want...'

Her thoughts trailed off, and she sighed once again. She knew it was no use trying to wish for something so unrealistic. She walked into her room stiffly and dropped onto her bed.

She slept. Had she not, she could've witnessed something most abnormal. The star she had just wished upon brightness so many people assumed it exploded in the sky. For a moment, the sky wasn't even dark - it was like the early morning sky. The citizens of Korea were in awe as they watched the overwhelming moment. May was the only person who stayed in her sleep, missing the magical sight.

Her mother rushed upstairs to wake her. But within seconds, the sky returned to its original state, but even if the moment was over, she didn't hesitate to wake her daughter up.

She shook her shoulders and tapped her forehead.

"What now?" May groaned.

"Oh! You missed it, dear!" She said quickly, "It was amazing!"

"What was?" May said, her eyes still closed, and only half-conscious as her mother talked.

"I'll tell you the story tomorrow. You're too tired to hear me talk right now. Even if I scream 'FIRE!' you won't wake up. Even if I say 'BTS members' split ways, you won't even open your eyes," her mother sighed. "Just watch the news tomorrow, it's bound to be all over it."

And just like that, her mother skipped off excitedly to her bedroom.

May rolled her eyes. "Like BTS would split ways," May scoffed. "And if you did scream 'FIRE!' I would wake up. Not to run away, but to dance 'fire'." She giggled at her own words and started humming to the song. "God, how I love those seven cuties."

***

May yawned and got out of bed. Her eyes twitched to adjust to the brightness of the sun and its rays pouring on her.

'What other troubles could be awaiting me today?' she thought.

But something totally caught her attention. She stood still in her spot. It was only then that she noticed, that was not her bed. More than that, that was not her room. Heck, the positioning of the window was the complete opposite, and her manga drawings, portraits that she herself drew and her guitar was missing!

All that sat there were other paintings and portraits she knew she could draw, but it definitely wasn't hers. 'What is going on?'

She shook her head and closed her eyes. It would all be gone soon, once she opened her eyes, she knew it. But, she was dead wrong.

When she opened her eyes, nothing had changed. She was still in that mysterious room. She soon noticed a nice dress on her. But in her eyes, that dress was not a dress of her time. It was...

She gasped. 'Isn't this... like the clothing Hae Soo and Yeon Hwa always wear? Oh my god... did my wish seriously come true?'

There was a knock on the door. "Lady Seo, may I come in?" said a voice from the other side of the door.

'Stay cool. Stay cool. Just act cool.'

"Yes," she said as normal as she could, but the breaks in her voice made all her efforts worthless.

A young lady, probably her age, came in, with a pair of clothing May often saw the maids wearing in the drama.

"Uh... who are you?" May asked.

The maid stopped in her tracks and looked at her with wide eyes. "Uh... Miss, it is I, Hye In, your servant's head," she said blankly. "Are you ill, Miss? Why ask that question?"

May looked at her. 'Just like Hae Soo. I'll be known to losing my memories...'

"Where am I?" May said, with a bit of fear lingering in her tone.

"You are in your bedroom at the home of your family."

"Who am I? Who is my family?" May continued to ask.

At this, the maid was totally conquered by worry. "Miss! Lady Young Hee! What is wrong?"

"Lady... Young... Hee... am I... a noble?"

A small feeling of relief swept over the maid. "Yes, Miss, you are Young Hee, the youngest of the Seo noble family. The strongest family next to the Hae family," the maid said slowly, but worriedly.

May gulped. 'My wish actually came true.'

She rushed to the big mirror and saw a face. 'Wow, she's so pretty! Her skin is so smooth and so properly taken care of...though I think she is a few years older than me... '

The maid saw her strange act and immediately called for the master, Young Hee's father. "Master!" Hye In called. She bit her lip out of fear. Indeed she was Young Hee's maid, but they were more like sisters. She was assigned to take care of her since she was a toddler, and they were playmates since then. Young Hee was always Hye In's top priority, even though Young Hee was always a very responsible and proper lady. She was already twenty, but Hye In still took care of her as if she couldn't herself.

The old master walked upstairs with a male servant bowing by his side.

Hye In explained the entire abnormal situation, and the master almost fell over.

Young Hee (May), looked at her 'father'. "You are...?" she said bluntly.

The master gripped his chest. It was proven from her words. His daughter suffered a large memory loss. "T-Take her to walk around the h-house. She will remember, I know."

He turned and walked away. He seemed calm, but he was trembling deep down. Young Hee was one of his four children. She was the youngest and the kindest. If anything happened to her, he was going to drop dead. He loved her the most, because of her sweet and loving side. Now that she caught something so odd, something which caused her to forget, he was devastated. He was afraid that she might never remember any of them.

He swore upon something he promised he would never break. He swore for her happiness and safety. He swore because of a secret, only he knew. He, and one other.

Author's note:
Hello, if the chapter is really short, I'm sorry, I'm a little busy at the moment. To all Moon Lovers, hope you enjoy my story! 🙂 I'm still quite new at writing, so it might be a little off here and there.
Hope you like it :D

Also, please please please follow my wattpad profile, and vote each chapter if you like it...
It would really be a big motivation...
Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 19.1K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
139K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
636K 39K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
584K 13.1K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.