shine - grayson dolan

By sloppydolan

"She would never admit how frightened she was, never tell me the scary thoughts that filled her head, the fee... More

shine - grayson dolan
0.1 «Emerson Samuels»
0.2 «Grayson Dolan»
0.3 «Emerson Samuels»
0.4 «Grayson Dolan»
0.5 «Emerson Samuels»
0.6 «Grayson Dolan»
0.7 «Emerson Samuels»
0.8 «Grayson Dolan»
0.9 «Emerson Samuels»
0.10 «Grayson Dolan»
0.11 «Emerson Samuels»
0.12 «Ethan Dolan»
0.13 «Addi Peterson»
0.14 «Emerson Samuels»
0.15 «Grayson Dolan»
0.16.1 «Emerson Samuels»
0.16.2 «Emerson Samuels»
0.17 «Grayson Dolan»
0.18 «Emerson Samuels»
0.19 «Grayson Dolan»
0.20 «Emerson Samuels»
0.21 «Grayson Dolan»
0.23 «Grayson Dolan»
0.24 «Emerson Samuels»
0.25 «Grayson Dolan»
0.26 «Emerson Samuels»
0.27 «Grayson Dolan»
0.28 «Emerson Samuels»
0.29 «Grayson Dolan»
0.30 «Emerson Samuels»
0.31.1 «Grayson Dolan»
0.31.2 «Grayson Dolan»
0.32 «Emerson Samuels»
0.33 «Grayson Dolan»
0.34 «Emerson Samuels»
0.35 «Grayson Dolan»
0.36 «Emerson Samuels»
0.37 «Grayson Dolan»
0.38 «Emerson Samuels»
0.39 «Evan Samuels»
0.40 «Emerson Samuels»
0.41 «Grayson Dolan»
0.42 «Emerson Samuels»
0.43 «Grayson Dolan»
0.44 «Emerson Samuels»
0.45 «Grayson Dolan»
0.46 «Elliot and Evan Samuels»
0.47 «Emerson Samuels»
0.48 «Emerson and Grayson»
0.49 «Grayson Dolan»
0.50 «Grayson Dolan»
Epilogue

0.22 «Emerson Samuels»

2.3K 41 2
By sloppydolan

[edited]

I was shaken awake as we arrived back in New Jersey.

Grayson's beautiful brown eyes were staring at me, "Come on, Emmy. We're here."

"Ugh, back in boring old Jersey," I sighed, sitting up and straightening my clothes.

They had already dropped Addi off at her house while I was still asleep, and now we were in the Dolans' driveway, since they had volunteered to take the van back to the rental dealership.

"See ya guys later," we called, dragging our bags across the fifty meters that separated our houses. 

They waved back at us, and we both went inside. We were instantly attacked by our parents, who gave us hugs and welcomed us home.

"MY BABIES!" my mother screeched, wrapping me tightly in her arms. 

"How was New York City, then?"

"It was so fun!" we all exclaimed in agreement.

"Ooh, go upstairs and change, then we want to see pictures."

We do as they say, taking our suitcases up the stairs and into our relative bedrooms. I change and put some stuff away, then head downstairs.

"She and Grayson are now dating or something," I hear Elliot's voice, "He asked her out last night on top of the Empire State Building."

"ELLIOT!" I yell, and they all finally notice me standing in the doorway, "That's not your story to tell!"

"That's not your story to tell!" Evan mocks me in a whiny voice.

"Shut the fuc-"

"Emerson!" my father says sternly, "Stop that sentence right there!"

"Ugh, sorry. But it's really none of his business," I grunt.

"Well, you didn't tell us, Emmy, and this is the kind of thing we need to know. You should be thankful to have such caring brothers," Mum says in a sweet voice.

"What the actual hell? Caring? Please. And second of all, who said I wasn't going to tell you. I just got downstairs! Third of all, may I just remind you that El and Ev weren't even there, they just know what happened from what Grayson and I told them!" I argue, my voice rising.

"Alright, Emerson. Tell us what happened."

So I did. My mother clapped her hands in excitement when she heard the news, "I knew you too would be good together!"

"Hold on a sec. You knew I liked him?"

"Of course, honey. You make it kind of obvious. And besides, you act like I wasn't a teenager once. I know the signs of a crush."

"Mum, may I please stop you right there in your pathetic attempt to be relatable," I say, smiling.

She shoves me playfully, "Ah, that hurt me right here," she feigns hurt, patting her heart.

"Both of you, stop this now!" Evan commands.

We all laugh, and my dad speaks up for the first time since we got back, "Emerson, I just have one question."

"Shoot, dad."

"How far are you planning on taking this?"

"DAD! Really? In front of them?" I ask, gesturing to my brothers, who were snickering and whispering to each other.

"Emerson, it's just a question. How long are you planning to continue this relationship with Grayson?"

"Dad, we literally just got together yesterday. I don't know," I shrug.

My mum puts her hands on my shoulders, "Emmy, sweetie, this is something you need to think about. After all, this is your first relationship."

I roll my eyes, "Thanks for reminding me."

"Hey, it's nothing to be ashamed of! It happens to everyone when they're ready, alright?"

"Alright, Mum, thanks," I agree with a fake smile to make her stop talking so we can finally end this unnecessary long conversation. 

"Great! You three go unpack and get ready for school tomorrow. Dinner will be ready in about an hour."

Evan and Elliot corner me on our way back up the stairs, "So, Emmy why didn't you just tell Dad about the wonderful sex you had with Grayson last night. Or should we tell him?"

"Shut the fuck up," I say, cussing freely now that my parents aren't within earshot. I push past them and into my room. 

My phone gives a little beep, and I see it's a text from Max. Oh my God, I totally forgot about him. We were supposed to meet up as soon as I got back.

MAX: Hey. You guys back from NYC yet? 

EMMY: Hi! Yeah, we just back about an hour ago. How have you been?

MAX: Great. Kinda bored without you. Can you come over rn?

EMMY: Sure, be over in 10-15 minutes maybe.

MAX: Right. See ya soon.

I quickly got dressed and went back downstairs. 

"Emmy, where are you going?" Dad asks as he sees me putting on my shoes.

Shit. I wasn't planning on sneaking out, I just hadn't exactly wanted them to know I was going out.

"Uh, hi Dad. I was just going to ya know, catch up with Max. I'll be back soon."

He looks to be thinking about it for minute, but then finally nods his head, "Fine, but be back in 2 hours, missy. You have school!"

I roll my eyes when he can't see - because I'm not suicidal -  and simply say, "I know, Dad. Gotcha."

I slip on my shoes and walk to Max's house since it's just a few blocks away.

I ring the doorbell, and little Levi opens it. Levi is Max's adorable eight year old little brother. He's like Max in every way, with the same tall figure, blond curly hair, and green eyes.

"Hey, Levi," I smile.

"Hi, Emmy," he gives me a hug, "Max is in his room upstairs."

"Thanks, buddy."

I make my way into the home and say hi to Mrs. Harper before going to the third floor, and into the room at the very end of the hall.

"What's up, Maxwell?" I say, plopping on his green bean bag in the corner.

"Hey. Jesus, why do you look so exhausted?" he asks, laughing.

"Nice to see you too, " I state flatly, sarcasm echoing in my voice.

"I said hey by the way. I was just wondering why you look so tired."

"We were up late last night, and we had to get up early this morning so we wouldn't get stuck in traffic on the Turnpike. Even though, in the end, we totally did," I explain.

"Oh, that sucks. Well, what about your trip, anything cool happen?"

"YES!" I exclaimed, and proceeded to tell Max everything that happened in the past week, except for the best details of last night.

"That sounds amazing. My Thanksgiving consisted of so many of my cousins coming over. It was just annoying."

"I feel ya, dude. That was usually what happened back in London. Luckily enough, none of our family live here," I chuckle.

"Anything else?"

"Well...,"

"Emmy, spill it. What the hell happened?" Max starts getting extremely excited.

"Uh.... GraysonmayhavekindaaskedmeoutontopoftheEmpireStateBuilding!" I rush out.

"English, please."

"Grayson asked me out on top of the Empire State Building!" I say slower.

He hesitates for a second, but finally realizes what I said, "Oh my God, congrats!"

He lifts me up and spins me around, causing to me give a little shout.

The door suddenly bursts open, and Levi is standing there with a wooden spoon in his hand. I am abruptly set on the ground.

"Levi, what are you doing?" 

"I thought something was wrong, so I came to check it out," he shrugs.

"With a wooden spoon? Did you think our enemy was a cupcake?"

"Ugh, whatever. You two can go back to kissing each other now," he grumbles, walking out of the room.

"Hey, we're not-"

Max interrupts my attempt to correct Levi, "Not even worth it, Emmy. He doesn't care anyway."

I shrug, and Max regains his smile again, "So back to you and Grayson!"

"That's basically what happened. We told our brothers and Addi this morning, and I guess people at school will figure it out tomorrow or soon enough."

"Oh, I'm so excited for you!"

I laugh, "All I'm thinking of is you acting like a gay best friend!"

"Speaking of which..."

"Hold on, Maxwell, are you gay?" I ask suddenly.

"NO! Not there's anything wrong with it, I'm just not gay."

"Ok. I would've been shocked. I would have never expected it."

"Anyway, what I was going to say is that I asked out someone! And she said yes!"

"Really? Who?" I ask as we both sit down.

"Sydney Kellin."

"Sydney Kellin? As in, student council vice president?" I question.

He nods, "Yep. I've been kinda interested in her for a while, and I finally had the courage to ask her at out last meeting."

"Ooh, an office romance! Isn't that a conflict of interest?" I tease.

"Oh, shut up," Max groans, throwing a pillow at me.

"Oh, you know you love me," I grin.

~  ~  ~  ~

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Alarm

ARTIST: Anne-Marie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 4K 48
Isabella has recently just moved to New Jersey and has no clue how much her life will change. She has had trust issues since her last boyfriend and n...
160K 2.6K 48
You and the twins had been best friends ever since high school, when they get bullied, you always stand up for them, you hate seeing them sad. Later...
2.5K 39 11
Hey, I'm Sydney Dolan. I have two older brothers named Ethan and Grayson, they're vine famous. They're funny and they love attention but me...I'm the...
2.5K 42 22
A girl has known Grayson and Ethan Dolan her whole life. They're all best friends. She's especially close with Grayson and has had history with him...