The World, Biscuits And Siriu...

By rtotheah

Nellie's life was pretty simple until Izzie threw that quill at Sirius Blacks head. More

Quills Biscuits And Me
Apples, Quidditch, Pans And Me
Talks Detention Marauders And Me
Feelings, Past, Memories And Me
Rain, Food, Songs And Me
Fights, Bonds, Sorry And Me
Moments Jealously Hogsmeade And Me
Names Wishes Hallowe'en And Me
Matches Letters Reunions and Me
Stories, Sarah, Gobstones And Me
Breakables, Revenge, Plans And Me
Showers, Gertrude, Clive And Me

Brothers Duels Arguments And Me

604 14 1
By rtotheah

Ah there you are my lovely quill!

I'd dropped all my stuff after class so here I was collecting it all back up.

I was about to get from under the table when I was startled by the loud slam of the door being opened and closed. Two people were arguing; both male. I heard the mutter of a charm to soundproof the room before the arguments resumed. The amount of noise was coming from them was frightening. I listened intently. I gasped when I realized who the voices were; Sirius and Regulus.

"You're a complete idiot. You disgust me." Sirius snapped. I peered round the corner of the desk. I had a perfect view of them, but I was sure they couldn't see me, they wasn't in the best position to see me. Also, they were too busy in their argument to bother looking at the floor to see my head slightly peeping at them.

"I'm the idiot? Ha!" Regulus laughed bitterly, "This is coming from you! What makes me an idiot that doesn't make you an idiot?"

"You and your stupid views. You adopted them so quickly. What a bunch of crap they are." Sirius hissed.

"Don't you even dare." Regulus threatened. He always was a bit sensitive about his views. Regulus would get mad when I challenged them too. "They're noble. Nothing like the stuff you believe in. It won't get you anywhere."

"Struck a nerve have I?" Sirius teased, " The things I believe in have gotten me pretty far haven't they?" Sirius smirked, he was right. He was one of the most popular boys In the school, it could be argued he was the most popular. Regulus was only respected by his own kind. By his own kind I meant Slytherin's. Which in fact wasn't that many people really.

Regulus gave a sharp glare, "That's only because you're a pretty boy. Without your face, you're nothing. You want to know why? No girl will want to get to know the Black that lurks beneath that stupid façade you put up!"

"That isn't true." Sirius argued, "There is no Black! I'm nothing like the rest of you!" He shouted, it seemed like he was trying to convince himself and not Regulus.

"Least I can be myself," Regulus taunted before Sirius gained his strength again to fight back. "You can't."

"And you wonder why everyone hates you." Sirius laughed, "It's because you are being you."

Regulus growled, "I'd rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I'm not." Regulus quoted like he was reading something off a text book.

"I am what I am." Sirius mused for a moment. "I am a Black, I will always be a Black, but only in the name sense. I am nothing like you. I don't think blood makes you who you are, I mean, we must have had Squibs somewhere in the past right?"

Regulus looked at his cut up hand and cringed. "Our blood is pure."

"Oh but it is really?"

"Toujours pur." Regulus smirked as he stated the Black family motto. The Black family had such a boring motto. Our current one is 'Shiny happy hopeful people are the stars in the night sky.' Least I think that's the most update one, Dad makes up quite a lot of them depending on the situation. Like 'O'Neill's never give up!' He said that one when we tried to beat Mum at Jenga. In the end, we didn't give up (Mum decided she had to start dinner) but we didn't win either. We kept on knocking over the tower with our elbows. My Dad is a little clumsy like me.

"That's the thing they're trying to keep, but it's not really pure. It never is. They've just blasted Squibs off the family tree...or didn't even put them on." Sirius shrugged.

"You're wrong!" Regulus snapped, drumming his fingers across the table.

"I'm not. It just shows how much you know." Sirius gave a little tut. Regulus looked at his feet for a moment, I knew he was thinking about Sirius words. It's obvious, no matter how pure a family tried to say, something has always got to make it murky but everything is murky. Why did the Black family care so much about blood anyway? Blood is blood. Just something that keeps us living. Some blood from a Pureblood is no different from some blood from a Muggle-Born.

That's why I always got so angry at Regulus for calling me disgusting just because my Grandparents were Muggles. Does it really matter? To me it didn't but to Regulus it was everything. A way to keep that Slytherin crown placed firmly on his nicely shaped head.

He's so stupid sometimes. What a flapjack.

Regulus bit his lip, before speaking again. "How can I not accept it's true when I'm told how noble we are, how pure we are. How we are practically royalty!" Regulus laughed. "Being Pureblood is everything to our family. You know that." He looked at his fist, It was scratched up still.

"What happened to your hand?" Sirius inquired, taking notice that it wasn't exactly in perfect condition.

Regulus glanced at him, "Why? Do you care?" He sneered as he rolled his eyes.

Sirius shrugged, avoiding the question, "I just asked why."

"Anger issues." Regulus sighed tiredly. Being angry is one of the most exhausting emotion isn't it? I'm getting tired and I'm just watching.

I suppose what Regulus said wasn't a lie. It just wasn't specific. That was just Regulus, he expected you to figure everything out a lot of the time.

Sirius stared at Regulus hand for a moment and his eye twitched in anger, but Sirius quickly managed to attach a leash onto his emotions, so it faded. Regulus didn't even notice.

That was one of Regulus problems too. He didn't pick up peoples emotions when they were subtle. He picked them up when they were in war mode. He never got that he was upsetting me until I decided I couldn't take no more for the night and shouted at him or something. Still, he's not a mind reader and he certainly isn't perfect. Not to me anyway.

"When did it come to this?" Sirius asked, his voice almost remorseful.

"When you turned your back on everything you ever knew." Regulus turned away from him.

"Reg, you know I couldn't stay there...not with them..." Sirius mumbled, embarrassed. Regulus had hit a sore spot.

"Couldn't you? You coped sixteen years with them."

"I haven't been accepted in that household since I was eleven. You know that!" Sirius sighed, "At eleven I became different!"

"At age ten I became the prodigy." Regulus laughed, "They failed with you, so they went ten times harder on me! Our parents didn't want another Mudblood lover in the family!"

"Reg, I under-"

"Don't say you understand, because you simply know nothing. You don't know how hard they were on me. You think you're a victim of this whole situation. Perhaps you are, but you certainly are not the only one." Regulus took in a deep breath, Sirius just stood there, shocked by Regulus confessions. "You didn't have to put up with Mother after you left, It was horrible. Want to know something though?" Regulus looked at Sirius.

Sirius nodded.

"I envied you. You were free. Nothing was expected off you anymore...in fact at home, you don't even exist." Sirius winced at his words. "You know when I asked you to take me with you, why didn't you?"

"I couldn't Regulus. You fit better in their world. You were the perfect mould. I just couldn't..."

"I suppose things worked out okay in the end." Regulus mumbled.

"What you mean?"

"Nothing." Regulus shook his head.

"Hmm." Sirius pondered, he didn't believe it was nothing, "How is...mother and father?" Sirius looked around, avoiding Regulus gaze.

"Fine. Fine."

"Are they happy that you have become a Death Eater?"

Regulus cringed, "How did you know?"

"I heard you talking with," Sirius paused, "Snape."

"And you got that from one measly conversation?"

"No, I got the idea that you might be one and the fact that you didn't deny it earlier proves it for me."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh."

"Mother and Father happy? Of course they were." Regulus laughed, "Ecstatic." There was a somewhat bitter note in his tone, "A real Death Eater in the family."

I shuddered, the words reminded me too much of the scene at the Astronomy Tower. Sirius and Regulus didn't notice.

Which is good.

This is almost like a mission.

Nellie O'Neill 003

I chose three because it's a cool number. It's my favourite. I could so be a spy.

I had to stop myself from bursting out laughing at the thought because if I laughed, my cover would definitely be blown.

"Want to know something though?" Regulus asked.

"What?"

"Even though I've become a Death Eater. I still can't measure up to you. I 'm just not Sirius."

"I'm sor-"

"Don't. You get worse every time I see you. You're apologizing. Perhaps you really are a scum bag Muggle loving Gryffindor" Sirius fists were clenched, Regulus really knew how to hit sore spots and I don't think he even realizes it.

"Shut it Regulus."

"But what if I don't want to? Annoying you am I? Well your very existence annoys me!"

Sirius glared. If looks could kill...Regulus would totally be lying on that ground with x's for eyes and everything. "Do you want to know what the funny thing is?" Sirius took a breath as Regulus rolled his eyes, "You insult me but you're worse! You're foul!"

Regulus raised his eyebrow. "I'm foul?" Regulus laughed, his was laugh sadistic.

This was getting a bit frightening now.

They are both getting really angry now.

I'm not liking this at all.

Why can't they talk about their feeling like earlier?

It's nicer.

Perhaps they might make up if they talk everything out.

Am I asking too much?

Probably.

"Stopped understanding English now have we?" Sirius smirked, "Yes. You're foul."

That done it. Regulus was really angry now. His whole body was tense. "I hate you." Regulus seethed, pulling out his wand. Regulus didn't regret his words like he used too when he was with me. In fact I think he really did mean them.

Sirius composure didn't even change. He just stood there like a statue for a moment before his feelings erupted. "The feelings mutual." Sirius snarled as he too pulled out his wand.

Sirius and Regulus started circling each other. Each one waiting for the other to make the first move.

I suppose this would be my queue to jump up, go 'boo', reveal myself and make everything better again.

I would of but...

...I'm scared!

I could feel the hate. I don't have any siblings but I don't think hating each other was right. It's not the way they portray them on TV!

I could tell the hexing was about to begin.

That wasn't going to be good.

"Confringo." Regulus hissed as he pointed his wand at Sirius, but Sirius managed to duck and the spell hit the table behind him causing it to explode.

" Deprimo." Sirius muttered as he went to take cover behind a table. Regulus only just managed to miss it as he too took cover.

It was like a very dangerous version of hide and seek.

I hope they don't find me.

Regulus pointed his wand to the table that Sirius was hiding behind "Expulso" The table in front of Sirius exploded leaving him vulnerable.

"Furnunculus" Regulus shot.

"Finite" Sirius yelled, as his spell cancelled out Regulus.

Okay, this has to stop now. Someone could really get hurt.

I've got to get up.

Legs get moving now.

Oh, look they're working!

"Stop it!" I shouted but my pleas were falling on deaf ears. So I decided to take action and pull out my wand. I did the first thing that came to my mind "Accio Sirius and Regulus wand!"

Both of them watched as their wands went flying out of their hands and into mine.

"Now watch it." I threatened, "Do anything, both of you, I'll snap them." I threatened holding up their wands.

I was serious.

"Where did you come from?" Regulus asked, his brow knotted in confusion.

"How long have you been in here?" Sirius asked, quite irritated.

"Well, I was here first!" I stuck out my tongue.

"Do you mind giving us our wands back?" Regulus asked, as he impatiently tapped his foot on the ground.

I looked at the three wands. "Only if you promise not to hurt each other."

"Whatever. I suppose." Sirius muttered. I looked at Regulus and he shrugged.

I have the power!

"Good." I smiled. I looked at the wands.

Erm.

I don't know which one belongs to me.

"Erm, which one is yours?" I asked.

Sirius let out a small laugh, "Typical."

"Oh, Lemme try them out."

Regulus eyes widened. "I'd rather you not."

I pouted, "What's wrong with my spell making?"

"Everything."

"Well," I grabbed a wand, "Avis!" A flock of birds came shooting out of my wand.

Pretty.

I wanted some brightly coloured birds but I guess Pigeons would have to do.

"That one isn't mine."

"It's mine." Regulus snapped grumpily. I chucked it at him.

One down. Two to go.

"Aguamenti!" I yelled.

Sirius managed to avoid the spray of water that went everywhere but Regulus wasn't so lucky.

I also managed to soak myself.

I'm cool.

"I think that's yours." I chucked Sirius wand at him and he caught it with ease.

"I'm all wet!" A dripping Regulus fumed, "I'm going!" He turned around and stormed out the room slamming the door behind him.

Someone hasn't had their helping of chocolate for the day.

Or is his time of the month?

Sirius burst out laughing. "Wow, Nellie."

I shrugged, "You okay?"

"I suppose." Sirius shrugged the question off, "It was pretty heavy back there." I nodded agreeing. "I mean can you believe it! He really hates me." Sirius laughter turned bitter.

"Regulus doesn't hate you." I tried to reason, "He just says stupid things."

"You'd know?"

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

"I can't believe it." Sirius sat on the desk, I joined him. Sirius turned and smile at me. I stared at him; his eyes were exactly the same shade as Regulus. "My brother! A Death Eater." Sirius let out a sigh. "Stupid idiot."

"You've got let him go. He's made his decisions."

Sirius rolled his eyes, " A decision that will probably end up with death?" I could tell that Sirius was bothered by this. His body was all tense and I could tell he was nervous.

I shrugged, "His life."

"Indeed. What's left of it mind you."

"Least you've got your feelings out. Don't worry I won't tell anybody."

Sirius gave out a small smile before it faded into a frown. "I didn't know he was so troubled."

I did.

Regulus was one the most troubled boys I'd ever seen...but I wasn't going to admit that to Sirius now was I?

I looked at Sirius, he was staring at the wall, It was then I realized something. Sirius was just as troubled as Regulus in so many ways. Outside, Sirius was perfect, Inside he was a mess.

"He's full of angst." I responded, "Sometimes he's like an overdramatic girl."

Sirius laughed, "You know what Nellie?" Sirius turned to look at me.

I turned to him, "What?"

He took a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. "I like you."

"I like you too Sirius, I'm happy we became friends."

For a moment, Sirius seemed crushed but it only took a blink of my eye for everything to go back to normal.

"Yeah...friends..." Sirius stuttered trying get the words out as he stood up, "I'm going to go. Yeah, I have to go. See you around Nellie." Sirius practically rushed out of the room.

That was odd.

I sat there for a few moments before Regulus walked back in and sat next to me.

"I thought you were leaving?"

"I'll take whatever moments I can get with you."

"Regulus..." I sighed.

"Nellie." He turned to me.

Regulus was getting dangerously close.

Again.

His lips were a centimetre away when I heard Sirius voice.

"Nellie what I meant by like is- oh."

I pulled away and there stood Sirius, looking quite shocked...and hurt? Hurt that soon became anger.

"Oh, what do we have here then?"

...To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 5.8K 57
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
2.2K 60 6
Alina doesn't care much about Percy Jackson. The guy's cool, sure, and he did help her with that pegasus once, which was nice, but it doesn't make th...
237K 11.9K 91
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...