Mendacity 「Jimin」

By heartlesseo

❝i can't see his lies. and that's a little bit troublesome❞ Sora, a girl who can see lies, and who has been l... More

He's Lying
It's Impossible
What a Fool
Laugh Out Loud
Melted
Army
"Damn prostitutes"
Broken Home
Affection
Cicatrix
My Name is Yoel
Unpleasantly Bitter
Esctasy
Byunghan District
About You
Fight Me
Blindfolded
Enough
Aishiteru
Hear me Cry
Mental Breakdown
Once again
She Says Goodbye
I'll be Back
Nephew
Help Me
Lie
Remember Me
It's Over
Afterword + Explanations

Dancing Rain

729 43 9
By heartlesseo

①⑧

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Jisoo elegantly pushed back her hair from her shoulder while slurping a drink that Jin brought for her. Jin stared at her with his caring look and I'm just there being a third wheel. I glared at Jin since he only bought a drink for jisoo and himself. Well, he didn't know that I would be coming I guess that's acceptable; but that won't distract me from my main reason for visiting her. Jin is here with us so it's a bit awkward to ask something from a long time ago and plus, it was her fault.

"Whats with this atmosphere? Seo, I'll introduce you to my girlfriend" Jin smiled.

"No thanks" I answered, suddenly stood up from my chair. "I need to talk to her about something. Sorry, Jin hyung, could you excuse us?" I begged. Jisoo moved closer towards Jin as if she wants to whisper something.

"This girl is so rude. I dont want to talk to her, stay with me" jisoo loudly whispered which I could hear it. Jin giggled.

"Dont worry, she'll talk about her bæ" Jin looked at me.

"What?! How do you know?"

"See? I knew it"

"Wait- he's not my bae or anything like that!"

"Anyways I'll leave so- enjoy your time" Jin stood with his drink and walked away. Jisoo being a clingy girlfriend pouted and can't stop staring at his back that's slowly disappearing away. She crossed her leg and laid her back onto the chair.

"So, go on" she said. I nodded and bow my head.

"I was a little rude. My name is Sora, I'm in my second year senior school" I introduced myself.

"Hmm...you will be soon graduating. I'm Jisoo, 23 years old so you better show me some respect" I hate it when she said that with a sweet smile. Why would Jin went for a girl like her? I breathe down, well maybe there's something about her that I'll like. She blinked and made the annoying slurping sound. "Dont just get quiet. Say something" she was pissed. Well, she even lied to me when she said she wasn't Jisoo. Thank goodness I acted dumb pretty well.

"Um..." I clenched my teeth, "Do you know Park Jimin?"

"Of course I know him. He's Jin's friend" she grinned, finishing her drink. I felt nervous about bringing this topic up. I'm not good talking with someone I just met.

"I think you told Namjoon that he's a prostitute even though he's not" I decided to go straight to the point.

"Wasn't that long time ago? And how am I suppose to know? I saw him with girls"

"Then isn't it inappropriate to spread false rumours just by judging?"

"I only told him what I saw. Byunghan District is famous for prostitutes that go wild. How am I not suppose to have a misunderstanding?"

"Jisoo-" I was about to snap when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Jin stood behind me with a faint smile. I understand that he's trying to stop our conversation. I sighed and relieved my shoulders. Jin looked at me with some kind of message and I followed him outside leaving jisoo alone. I have to try to understand Jisoo's and Jin's point of view.

"How are you doing?" Jin asked, laid his back on the window. "You were a stranger to us just about a month ago, and now, I can't treat you like a stranger anymore since you were already involved in us" he explained. Jin, being the oldest assured me in someway. I felt like he can be trusted and he's the only one that will keep my path of understanding going. I don't know about the others but I've always told them to explain to me why Jimin is dangerous. No one treated me seriously that's why they wont tell me anything.

"Thanks...Jin hyung" I mumbled looking at the wet ground. It's pouring hard with a grey and dull blue sky.

"Stop with the hyung. Just call me Jin is fine" he smiled. "So first, you might be shocked about this but I know that you can see people's lies". My face was frozen. I looked at Jin who's enjoying the rain and I know he's not lying.

"So...what's your point?" With my coarse deep voice I asked carefully. Jin looked up to the sky and gently reaching his hand to be embraced by the rain.

"Sora you know, I...can see people's future" by the time, his hand was wet, a small puddle created on the palm of his hand, dripping off from it as if there was no room left. "Ten. Ten minutes into the future. Not more than ten minutes. I could see them. I know you probably already aware of me saying the things that you were about to do. You knew there was something strange about me. It's just ten. Ten" Jin's voice went quieter as he shook off his hand from the water. I have no idea how to respond to Jin's confession, I was too dumbfounded.
"I knew jisoo did wrong that day, spreading rumours about Jimin. But it was partly my fault too. Since I was there with him, and we had a fist fight, jisoo wondered if he was a prostitute and I didn't deny anything. Everyone in my squad was worried and we wanted to know why" he continued. I gave a long sigh and crossed my arm.

"You forgot about the fact that I can see lies?" I glanced at Jin.

"Hm?" Jin smirked faintly.

"You were lying right?"

"About what?"

"That part. That everyone was worried part" Jin burst into laughter. Not sure why, but he will give some explanation.

"Right. That was a lie" Jin wiped his tears from laughing and calmed down. "They were worried? No. As you know we, people are really quick to judge or maybe it's hard to accept the fact of prostitution. The right way to interpret it is---we were disgusted to the point we worried about our bond with Jimin. That's...our friendship"

"Ridiculous" I chuckled. "Is prostitution illegal? I'm not sure. I understand that you guys were disgusted but Jimin, he-- I-- I can't see his lies. I am as clueless as you were back then"

"I can't see Jimin's future either. That's why everything he does surprises me and I'm upset about it. Why cant I use my power on him" I opened my mouth knowing other people can't work their power on Jimin. Something is wrong.

"Did you find something?" I asked.

"Not at the moment" Jin shook his head.

"I guess you will not tell me why Jimin is dangerous" I put my hand out as I realized the rain has died down.

"Nope. Sorry, I may sound like the other but I'm doing this to prevent spoiler. I'm sure Jimin will be the one that will tell you someday" Jin patted my shoulder and went inside the building first. I slide down, hugging my knees from exhaustion. "oh Sora!" Jin's face showed up around the corner. I stood up immediately. "Do you know how to make a tissue dance?"

"What? Huh?" I yelled.

"You put a boogie in" he laughed at the answer, at his own joke to be exact. With Skippy steps, Jin went in and sat beside Jisoo. What? So did I get kicked out? Not that really matters though. As I walked past the main door, Jin turned his head around and waved his hand at me to say goodbye. Okay, so I guess it's not all Jisoo's fault to begin with; mystery solved and now I don't have to include Jisoo in anymore, I thought as I walked to my part-time job place. The rain had died down leaving small puddles that will wet everyone's shoes. I arrived at Big Hit after 15 minutes of walking until I heard a familiar voice from behind me. Jung Hoseok. Stood there with his wet hair that was almost dry accompany by his wet jacket and bag. He breathed carefully but fast, my eyes noticed something different about him. His right eye was covered in a deep purple bruise.

My hand unconsciously came to Hoseok's right eye to touch it but he held it before I get to feel. "Sorry-" I apologized. He shook his head and went ahead of me. Right, he's a dance trainer in this entertainment, I almost forgot. I followed him inside, "Hoseok, are you good? What happen?" I asked in a hurry since he walked with quick steps. Hoseok made a sudden stop and slowly turned around.

"Wait here. I'll change my clothes first" He forced a bright smile on me and went inside the washroom. I think back to the time I thought Hoseok was a scary man. What made me think like that, well, I didn't get to know him at all so I hope he would tell me what had happened. Hoseok went out a couple minutes later while brushing off his hair. "Which floor and room are you in?" He asked.

"Fourth floor, room J43" I answered as we were heading towards the elevator.

"I'm in sixth floor. If you have a break, text or call me and I'll come to your room, okay?" He giggled and pressed our floor buttons.

"uh, I need your number then" I took out my cellphone and so did he. We exchanged phone numbers and I left to the fourth floor. I wondered about what Hoseok will tell me. Perhaps he was involved in a fight, with who, though? I had my thoughts full until i realized it's time for my break. I immediately texted Hoseok to meet up in the small lobby. He came down as fast as he can and we took a seat beside the window.

"Alright, Sora" He sighed and slowly lifted his finger onto his bruise. "Do you know what this means? This is a warning for me, and for you", Hoseok gazed at the window, taking his time to pause. "Yoel-"

"Yoel did that?!" I interrupted him with a shout. Hoseok told me to be quiet.

"How close are you with Yoel? I want you to break ties with him. However nice Yoel is, he is not the man you think he is" Hoseok got serious. This again, first Jimin, and then Yoel. Who else in this world is not what you think they are (?). I nodded steadily. "You may have realized there's something wrong with Yoel; and that is that he could make us do what he wants". I flinched and straightened my back. Does Hoseok has a supernatural power too? No. He's more suspicious of the human nature. Yes, I know Yoel can make our body froze to follow his orders and that's dangerous.

"I won't tell you in details but I got this bruise trying to protect someone from him. My sister. She was with him and so I want them to forget about each other" He worried. I nod to make an agreement. "Sora, please be cautious. I know you lov- you are close with Jimin so please be alert" Hoseok coughed along the way. I chuckled.

"Okay, thanks a lot Hoseok" I patted his back. Well, so I guess everybody knows about my feelings for Jimin now. Except Yoongi. I left to go back to my part time job and decided to call Yoongi to pick me up after.

"What time your shift is done?" Yoongi's voice echoed through my ear.

"Around one more hour"

"Alright. Just wait in front" He hung up. The sky started to rain again, pouring hard; and so, part-timers were dismissed early. Great, I thought. Now I have to wait 45 minutes for Yoongi while doing nothing. I was debating if I should bus or walk or wait for Yoongi. I decided to walk around the area while waiting for Yoongi as I walked out to the main door. The rain couldn't give us a break to even blink. Everybody brought an umbrella with them and some of them ran around to find a shelter. I waited outside the building and I felt a strange aura around me. I looked throughout to see someone suspicious.

There he was. Standing in black rain coat, with a black hat and a black umbrella. His eyes pierced at me and finally gave a smirk as he walked closer toward me. I can't move an inch. He was right in front of me that I could smell his perfume. He was no other than Yoel. "Come with me" he grabbed my hand. I shook him off with a step back and quickly turn to go inside the building. "Searching for the sunny boy?" Yoel's deep voice mumbled; referring to Hoseok. "He left not too long ago". I girt my teeth while sliding my phone into a secret pocket of my bag.

"What- what if I don't want to" I stuttered out of fear. Yoel made a creepy smile, staring soundly to my eyes and made his face way to my ear. "Come with me and I will not harm you" he whispered.

"I will scream" I muttered in horror, unable to move my body. I could hear a chuckle and his breathing in my ear.

"Then I will make you lose your voice". I yelped and Yoel instantly covered my mouth with his hand. That wasn't a lie. He gently wrapped his arm around my head. as he began to walk, my body followed his desire. This is it. This mysterious power of his is troublesome. Like last time, I could not resist out of his reach. What's wrong with this old man? Sharing an umbrella with Yoel, I was suffocating in his arm and staggered my leg with the rain until I could feel that my shoes were wet. Not long after that, I smelled a new different scent. The smell of wood and hints of leather in a candle...HOTEL?! No, an apartment.

"We're in my apartment's elevator now. Don't worry, I do not have any sexual desire of you so just calm down" He whispered again. The elevator door was opened and we walked on the steady carpet with a lavender smell. Some kind of luxury apartment, I'm guessing. We arrived in front of a silver door as Yoel punched in the pass-code of the door, I peeked at it for a second to memorize the numbers. The door was opened with a click and finally Yoel let go of his arm. I breathed heavily and looked at the dark room with window as the only source of light. "This is my home. Come in"

"Weren't you living with Jimin in a house?" I asked. Yoel pushed me in and locked the door.

"This is my secret base, so you better keep this to ourselves" He smirked and turned on the dimmed light. The room was quite empty. All I could see was a TV, sofa, kitchen, and a bed.

"Why do you want me here?" I stood still at the corner.

"You are not trying to run away?", Yoel sat on the sofa.

"No. Because I know you are not going to do me any harm"

"How can you be so sure? Oh...ya, you can see lies"

"What? How?" my heart was beating nervously.

"hmm...someone told me"

"Jin?"

"What?"

"Nothing. What is the reason you brought me here?" Yoel stood up and came to me to grabbed me by the hand and brought me in front of a smaller door in the room. It smelled fishy and I was a little terrified. "Yoel, I-" Yoel opened the door before I could finish my sentence. The smell of rotten iron and carcass hurt my nose. I fell on my knees and coughed with my dry throat. Yoel lifted my chin and helped me up into the room. I tried to struggle but Yoel's grip was too strong. Yoel seized me by my cheeks and moved my head around. There, on the walls, a bunch of pictures that were framed, line up neatly. There were boxes with a dark red stain dripping down to the floor.

"Look at this. Look at that" Yoel said with astonishment. "Are you familiar with these people?" he asked. I widened my eyes to see familiar faces on the frame. I trembled and whimpered from fear as I could felt the salty tear ran down to my cheeks and fell to his hand. "What? You noticed?" He chuckled. "That's right. Some of these people appeared in the news as-" he paused and stared intensely at me as if he wants me to finish the sentence.

I quivered in terror and slowly finished his sentence, "...as...missing people..."

_______________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the long comeback and thanks for waiting! I've been writing a couple of chapters to make updating easier! See you in the next chapter. !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 2.5K 38
"Do that again Park Jimin and I'll end you myself!" "You shouldn't have tried to leave me then..." Leading a normal life can be a little boring but w...
61.2K 4K 32
"You want me to...pick your filter?" Jimin simply nods, sucking his lollypop and taking it out before enclosing it around his plump lips once more. ...
756K 30.6K 20
+ [lowercase intended] ― park jimin decides to steal a laptop from a coffee shop, and look through it only to discover a pretty girl.