Tragic Souls(Damon Salvatore)

By DawnOfCreativity

Story is complete. Gwen Jordan left Mystic Falls with ash on her skin, an ache in her heart and a vow. To def... More

cast/music
Prologue
Return
Visiting the past
Starting Over
Moonstone Hunt
paintings of the past
Slater
memories
I will never let you know
werewolves are so much fun
Hurts like hell
Bonding
Signs of Life
A Doorway
Klaus
Bare our souls
Only you
Flicker
Rough Day
Rough Day(part 2)
Meeting Colton
You are a memory
Elijah's plan
Damon's plan
The ritual
The Aftermath
A New Start
It's not over
book two is out

Time to take her down

3.9K 108 15
By DawnOfCreativity

Gwen can remember every detail about her father. From his gentle green eyes. A red beard they loved to tug on. His deep laugh and voice that brought comfort. To the freckles that decorated his face. Kissed by angels her mother would say.

She remembers spending nights curled up crying. Emotions swaying everywhere over what he did. Once more drowning on the inside. Until Micheal traded kind words for harsh reality.

"Stop sniveling and become numb. That's how you get your family back."

So Gwen did, Michael filled a void from her families death. Him and the others who formed their little group. From family members to other witches and Necromancers he trained. Micheal become a second father figure.

So when Gwen found him in bed dying by some disease. Asking in a voice raspy "please child, kiss of mercy"

Tears falling Gwen pressed her lips to Michael's forehead. Bursting all his organs with a touch, killing him immediately.

Gwen mourned Michael a day then did as he taught her, become numb. Well best as one could get. She never got that close with George. Despite him reminding her of Micheal. Only reason she had agreed to team up with him. After many years of being alone. Denying every offer for a new teacher, guide and partner.

Therefore news of his death didn't bug Gwen. No Its the note he wrote that bothers her. Gwen rereads it multiple times. Ingraining the words in her mind.

Dear Gwen,

I have successfully found someone who knows a witch still knowable in old magic. He is name is Elijah and agreed to help on one condition, we help him first. Stay in Mystic Falls we will find you when it's time.

You're loyal friend, George Williams

Gwen gets up, pushing uneasy down and leaving the letter on her bed. Dress and race downstairs. Where Damon and Stefan stand near Caroline. Who sits on the couch looking unwell. While Damon paces and talks.

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks."

Anger and hate mix into one thought, Gwen announces her presence "It's time we take Katherine out," All eyes land on her "Better to strike first."

Damon agrees "Gwen is right. I'm going to the masquerade and drive a stake through her black heart."

"You mean we."

"I work better alone."

Stefan cuts them both off "You're not gonna kill her. either of you."

Damon scowls "Don't give me that goody-goody crap."

Gwen releases a heavy breath "You got to be kidding," She storms up to Stefan "I didn't spend bitter years learning to accept I missed out on revenge just to be denied again."

"You're not gonna kill her because we will together."

"And how will you three mange that?" Caroline's question sends them into a frenzy of planning.

Within hours Alaric shows up with a duffel bag full of weapons. He empties it on to the coffee table lecturing on how to use each one. A mix of excitement and determination spreads through Gwen.

This time Katherine couldn't escape her fate. Tonight she is going to get payback. Gwen's beeping phone breaks her thoughts, it's a text from Trent.

How are you doing?

Fine.

Can we hang out? If your not busy.

Sorry doing some dress shopping for the masquerade ball.

Okay, talk to you later.

Gwen puts her phone away just as Bonnie arrives. After some persuading words by Stefan Bonnie agrees to help. Back in her room Gwen picks out a black knee length dress. It's see through sleeves ending on the tops of her hands.

A sliver of lace above her knees shows skin. Gwen slips on black ankle boots and curls the end of her blonde hair. In the middle of applying makeup the temperature drops.

Erecting goosebumps across Gwen's skin. Her breath coming out in puffs of white smoke. Frost creeps up the mirror. Gwen jumps back as a bloody hand shoots out grasping for her.

Followed by a man's head with glossy brown eyes and brown hair in a ponytail. Another hand propels the man out. He is dressed in ragged medieval clothing and shoes.

Most disturbing is the jagged diamond hole in his chest, oozing blood. Gwen backs up out of the bathroom into her room. The man slowly inches closer. Damon steps into her room, looking every bit a handsome gentleman in his black tux. His eyes take Gwen's frightened face confused. Not seeing the ghost.

Concern squeezing his heart and clear in his voice "Gwen," The ghost vanishes "Hey are you okay?"

She sits on her bed "Yeah," Gwen takes a second to regain composer "Just had a unpleasant visitor."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Ghost or aka haunting."

"Not that I'm a expert but thought dead visitors were normal for your kind."

Gwen releases a sigh "Yes and no, normally when a Necromancer gets dead visitors we can just forces them to leave but these ghost that haunt me are different."

Damon leans on her all dresser "How?"

Without caring why he wants to know Gwen shares what only Micheal ever knew.

"No one else sees them not even other Necromancers. Which means they are only haunting me. The worst part is the physical contact. Their cold hands on my skin spreading blood mouths moving but no sound coming out. Invading my dreams with visions of body after body bleeding out screams echoing everywhere and people chasing them. Until I'm too afraid to close my eyes." She looks down at hee hands, uncomfortable in admitting her inability to face the dead. "Payed some which to enchant a necklace that blocks ghost, the necklace I lost in the well."

Whatever his thoughts are Damon gives no hint of sharing. Changing the subject with a simple question "Ready for tonight?"

So she gives him a simple reply "Yeah."

Damon pushes off her dresser extending a hand "Good let's go."

Placing her hand in his Damon leads Gwen outside. Where Stefan waits also sporting a black tux. Gwen gets the back while the boys take the front.

Damon making no protest as his brother claims driver seat. At Lockwood manor Stefan picks a red mask while Damon gets a black one.

Gwen chooses a blue one with white gems on the edge. Upstairs they stash the weapons away and leave. Letting Bonnie cast a containment spell o it.

Giving her encouragement they enter the decorated backyard. Parting ways to search for Katherine. Quietly Gwen hums along with the music. Mind focused on finding her target. Eyes scanning faces Gwen slam into a hard back.

The man turns around sporting a blue mask. Athletic body covered by a tan suit and tie. Blonde hair slick back with gel. She quickly utters a apology.

"Sorry wasn't paying attention."

chocolate eyes full of joy meet Hers.

"Don't worry I was hoping to run into you," Trent smiles wide.

Her tone is playful "Oh really?" Eyes playfully look Trent over "I got to admit you do clean up nice."

"It's a talent," this earns a chuckle from Gwen "Sense I got you here about a dance?"

Maybe that is where Katherine is.

With a nod she leads Trent to the dance floor. Placing one hand in his and the other gently on his shoulder.

Trent's free hand goes to her waist. They begin a slow simple dance. Weaving in and out of other couples.

"Did you read the note?" Gwen asks.

"No, but my uncle told me his basic plan. Have some man named Elijah help you."

"Guessing he give you a contact number," Trent's nods yes. Gwen switches directions asking "Do you believe it was just a freak accident?"

"My uncle stopped climbing leaders in his mid fifties due to weak bones. So no I don't believe he in a superb of the moment decided to clean the gutters himself," Trent frowns "I found him in the backyard. Blood flowing from the back of his head and watched the red veins covering his chest disappear."

"A Necromancer killed him," Gwen whispers processing this new information "But why?"

"Honestly not sure but I think it all comes back to the crystal you want," Her eyes drop "Maybe you should stop looking."

"I can't, I don't know how to live knowing my family is gone forever."

"Let me  show you, again."

After pushing Trent away for two years she finally let him in. He sparked her rebellious side. Sneaking off to fairs, movies or just walking a trail. Late nights talking about random things and playing games.

Forced to abandoned all that made her wild and innocent. Under Micheals rigid training and her families death. Gwen for a long time forgot to stop and enjoy life, to be reckless.

A mind set hard to break even years after Michael's death. until Trent came around. With his laid back enjoy life vibe. Trent feelings grew first, but it didn't take long for Gwen to follow.

Trent didn't reject her instead his lips sought hers. Losing themselves in each other in that year, until Gwen woke to reality.

"I missed you," His words chip away any hope that he has moved on.

"Same here," Gwen speaks truthfully and soft "As a friend," Hurt flashes in his eyes "Trent maybe it would be best for you to leave town."

"Last words my uncle told me were Gwen is in danger.Not leaving until I'm sure you are safe."

"I got friends here no reason to worry."

"Hmm like that man who is watching us," Trent nods to his right.

Her eyes land on Damon who winks "Yes Damon Salvatore," her eyes are back on Trent "Who has a brother that is also my friend," They part "See you don't have to stay."

Gwen turns to leave but Trent grabs her hand. Forcing her to look back at him "For five months one question won't leave my brain."

"What question?"

"Why did you leave?"

She can still hear George's question that brought back reality. Bouncing around her head, Can you give up your family for him? Guilt sweeping into her bones as Gwen realized. Trent couldn't fill the void in her heart.

"Because I can't give you all of my heart and you deserve someone who can," His hand falls releasing hers "If want to stay and help fine but as my friend."

Gwen leaves Trent behind not wanting to see the hurt in his eyes. It wasn't the only thing to see. A determined glint could be found in the brown iris.

Because he wasn't ready to believe their time together didn't mean something. And he was ready to prove it. Meanwhile Gwen stands on the porch silently collecting her thoughts.

Until Damon's voice interrupts "Hey."

"Its rude to spy on people," Opening her eyes Gwen peaks at him "Plus you are supposed to be looking for Katherine."

"I don't trust that guy."

"well I have know Trent for close to four years now besides I trust him and you should trust me."

"I do."

Gwen can't stop her smile at Damon's words. He matches it with his own. Dropping it when his phone rings.

He only stays for a second to reply "On our way." Putting it away he hold out his arm "Come on its show time."

Linking arms they head inside. Upstairs to the room they hid weapons in. It's only occupants furniture and Stefan. He hands Damon a compressed weapon that looks similar to a machine gun. The stakes it shoots surround it in a circle at the tip. I grab a mini crossbow. Stefan takes a stake.

"You boys ready for this?" I ask mind focused on ending Katherine.

"Katherine just killed a innocent girl, her body is in the trunk," Stefan informs them "Maybe we should call it off "

"Hey! Don't do this to us! This woman ruined our lives, she destroyed us! Tonight it ends," Damon reminds his brother "We can do it together. We got your back. All right?"

Stefan nods "All right "

With that Damon hides in a closet. while Stefan conceals himself in behind a plant. Gwen lounges on a white couch in front a corner. Locking away her nerves with one thought, tonight I'm taking Katherine down permanently.

Katherine looks beyond pissed when she sees Gwen's smirking face "What the hell?"

She turns around as Caroline fake sobbing turns into a chuckle " I did it! I really didn't think that I'd be able to fool you but I did it!"

Katherine rushes over only to realize she can't leave the room, Caroline grinning leaves.

"You really shouldn't have pissed so many people off," Gwen points out as Katherine turns to face her.

"You can't take me alone and win."

Gwen stands "Who said I'm alone."

Katherine's eyes narrow as Stefan joins her side. Her eyes land on the stake in his hands "You don't really think that you can kill me with that now, do you?"

Stefan shrugs "No," Damon emerges from the closest behind Katherine, weapon pointed at her "but he can."

Damon shoots getting Katherine in the shoulder blade. Katherine gasps in surprise and stumbles. Stefan bolts for her only for Katherine to send him flying back. Damon pulls the stake out of her the same time Gwen shoots her leg.

Her elbow slams into Damon knocking him into the wall,Katherine speeds for Gwen. Gwen slams shoulder into Katherine's gut. Sending a gust of power at her. Watching with satisfaction as Katherine lands on the floor near a chair.

Katherine stands eyes full of burning rage as Stefan throws the stake. Gwen ducks a second after Katherine. The stake zooms above our heads embedding it self in the wall.

Katherine catches his next one quickly sending it back, Stefan ducks. While Damon engages Katherine Gwen pulls the stake out. Her feet race for Katherine as Stefan arm wraps around her neck.

Inches away from impaling Katherine's heart Jeremy's panicked voice interrupts "Stop everything you're doing to her is hurting Elena!"

Katherine smiles as Stefan releases her "Did you three think you are the only ones with a witch on your side? Wrong and something tells me that my witch is better than your witch," She takes the stake from Gwen's hands.

Stefan address Jeremy "Go check on Elena. Make sure she's okay. Go!" Nodding Jeremy leaves in a rush.

"Okay. So, how about that moonstone?" They remain silent as Katherine sits down "Just like old times the brother who loved me too much and the one who didn't love me enough," her eyes land Gwen "And you the pathetic girl who followed Damon around like a lost puppy."

Her words cause Gwen to lash out with her own "Let's not forget about the pathetic slut vampire who only loved herself."

Katherine rolls her eyes "Where is the moonstone?" No one answers "Does Elena enjoy having the Salvatore brothers worship at her altar?"she smirks "Or how about you Gwen, do you enjoy watching from the sidelines? Watching everyone else be loved but you."

"Sorry but that is your issue not mine."

Stefan stops further banter "You know, this whole Mason thing has me a bit confused. Why a werewolf? The moonstone can break a curse that would help them destroy all vampires so what's in that for you?"

Damon makes a jab "Sorry about your pet wolf, probably should have kept him on a tighter leash".

Katherine shrugs "I'll have to remember that for next time. He's not the only wolf in town,"

Her words worry Gwen. While Damon expresses his annoyance "Damn it! Where is that witch?"

"We could play charades."

Gwen scowls " Think I rather die."

Katherine smiles"Come here and I'll snap that neck for you."

Before Gwen can lash out Stefan shares a thought "You bargained the moonstone when you struck a deal with George Lockwood, to help you fake your death, you told me that you gave George something that he needed. It was the moonstone, wasn't it?"

Katherine claps "Good for you, Stefan. Two plus two...And it would have worked except that people found out I wasn't in the tomb." Her eyes fall on Damon "Thanks to you, by the way. Have I mentioned how inconvenient your obsession with me has been?"

"You and me both honey."

"Why do you want the moonstone?" Gwen asks.

"Shouldn't you be asking why I tried to kill you."

"I already know. Your twisted little mind decided it would be a fun way to get be rid of a threat."

"Halfway right," her fingers lightly touch the stakes tip "Truthfully, I was asked and payed to take out not just you but mother, father and little Beth."

Gwen's mouth drops a little in surprise and confusion. A million questions starting to form in her brain. Along with a debate on who she should believe.

Until Damon is quick to remind her "Don't listen to her, she is a lier."

"Not this time," Katherine stands "Not that it took much convincing. I was happy to take out the trash."

In a blur Damon grabs Katherine and pushes her against the wall. Stake flying for her heart. Stefan speaks in slight panic. His words coming out rushed "No, no! Damon, don't!"

Katherine taunts him "Yes, Damon, please."

Gwen gently reminds Damon "Kill her now and you kill Elena."

Damon eyes blaze with rage, voice dripping with anger "The second the spell is lifted, I'm gonna drive a stake right through your heart," he backs off.

Katherine just smirks unfazed "God, you're hot. When did you get so hot?"

Just as the tension reach its limits a women arrives. Skin dark, long brown hair curled, wearing a grey shirt, dark pants and gray boots. Her dark eyes look to Katherine.

While holding the moonstone in her hand. The women speaks in a rich voice "Katherine, the spell on this room has been broken, you're free to leave."

"Thank God," Katherine walks to the women.

"When I hand this over my debt to you is over and I owe you nothing."

"Done now give it."

Damon advise the women "I wouldn't do that."

Ignoring him she gives Katherine the moonstone. Immediately Katherine claws at her throat struggling to breath. Eyes wide in shock and confusion. Gwen, Damon and Stefan all watch with their own confused eyes.

"You should have told me another witch was involved. She's a Bennett witch, Katherine, but I'm sure you knew that," Katherine falls to the ground as the women address them"Elena's fine the spell is broken. She'll heal quickly, Bonnie's with her. I apologize for my involvement."

Just as quick as she appeared the women leaves Katherine unconscious on the floor. Damon gets the honor of shoving Miss pierce in the tomb. While Stefan drives Gwen back with a frown.

Guessing Elena still needs time.

Exhausted Gwen changes into a blue night gown. Under the heavy blankets she quickly gives into sleep. Pleasant dreams turn into a chilly forest. Where people appear to be caught in a ritual.

Soon they turn into her family. Chest being ripped open, faces distorted. Gwen reaches out only to be pulled to the ground. Her lips bleed as faceless figures sew them shut. Gwen jolts awake, panting and covered in sweat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 25 69
Erica lillys moves to mystic falls after her parents deaths shes hoping for a fresh start to a normal life but what she dosent know to brothers have...
518K 5.5K 42
A Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction Series. Elena Gilbert dated Damon Salvatore, a centuries old vampire for a year until he broke her heart. But now he's...
9.8K 272 51
[1st of the 'Change' books] Ever heard of Mystic Falls? Well, it's my hometown. I've lived there on and off since the time I turned into a vampire, t...