Goodbye, honey :Story of an I...

Door clumsywalker

{Highest ranking :#31 in short story} Priyanka Mehra is a 23 year old girl living in Delhi. She's your typic... Meer

Read before you proceed
#Meeting
#Wedding
#Newlyweds
#In-laws
#Problems
#Freedom
Epilogue
Author's note:

#Defiance

1.7K 82 6
Door clumsywalker

I ended up crashing at a friend's place, Nikita. Still I was worried. What if he called my parents and asked about my whereabouts. I had told my sister not to tell my parents anything and I knew she wouldn't tell them anything, but what if he did.

So I called my parents and told them everything.My mother immediately summoned me home. I told her everything and she told me to stay at home for as long as I liked, even if its for a year. I didn't intend to be there that long.

I trusted him that he loved me enough that if I didn't come home for a night he would call up my parents, my friend's and try to find out that I was safe

I was wrong. He did not try to find me. Without knowing my whereabouts, he slept peacefully. And a week passed by but he did not call nor did he text and neither did I.

I thought that we had a type of arrangement in which we at least tried to keep each other happy but clearly, now things had changed. There was nothing left to save now and I had given up on whatever was even left.

I was tired of compelling to him, of constantly giving in and never receiving anything. All my efforts were futile, he only saw my faults.

I never agreed to somebody so much in my life. And never were my efforts so under appreciated. So it was decided then.

I was built out of defiance and defy I will.

***
Half the battle was won when I decided I wouldn't give in. I still had to fight the other half. That required me meeting him. So I went to meet him three times.

The first time was when, my mother called him. I needed my clothes. So my mother asked him if she could drop by and take them.

That's when he remembered he has a wife.Thank god he did. I guess he was suffering from partial amnesia since last week.

So after his memory was refreshed, he finally messaged me to meet him in a restaurant.

I didn't even want to see him. But my parents really wanted me to work out this marriage, so it was for their sake that I went.

I went there to meet him expecting he'll take two steps towards me .I didn't expect him to agree to my conditions. But I expected him to ask me to come back home. That was the least I expected.

The picture was quite different when I went there. He yelled at me for coming late. He didn't ask me to come back home once. He demanded it. He knew his mother's going to go to a wedding in Mumbai so he'd have to do all the work at home. That's the reason I was asked to come back home.

Basically he wanted a lot of things from me, which I didn't agree to. So he directly told me that we should take a divorce. He said he wasn't strong enough to take such a decision and I should be taking that decision for him.

For once, I wholeheartedly agreed with him. I had no problem obeying his command.

Too easy wasn't it?

Just when I am happy to fulfil his wishes he starts apologizing. He says he didn't mean it. He doesn't want a divorce. I told him to suck it up, because I did.

The next time I met him, he transitioned between being the good guy and the bad guy. He started begging at one point and when that doesn't work, he started blackmailing me.

"You know I have a lot of dirt on you. Things you did before marriage. I know everything. If I tell your parents they'll be so shocked. They'll have to go around hiding their head in shame," he said.

Needless to say, it was a low blow. I definitely wasn't going to negotiate with a man who resorts to blackmail.

Still I didn't want people to say I didn't try. So I kept my own conditions in front of him. It didn't do well with his ego so he himself agreed upon taking a divorce.

And I was finally headed towards my freedom.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

18.8K 1K 25
Possessiveness, jealousy, hatred, pain...these were the things she learned growing up in the infamous Khan Haveli where ego of its residents was even...
2.7M 148K 56
After discovering she's a descendant of Hades, Avery must find a way to escape those hunting her and ultimately choose between her two opposing soulm...
147K 5K 47
It's the story of innocent NRI girl getting into arranged marriage with Country Man in India... Let's see how he gets to live and fall in love...
84K 1.9K 49
Alissa Iris De León the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...