Thanatos : The Red Dawn

By Devita33

((A Wattpad featured story)) *COMPLETED* #1 in Fantasy (Book #1 in the DAWN series) #greekmythology The Red... More

Thanatos : The Red Dawn (Book 1) Prologue
(1)Russet Shades
(2)Tuscan Red Rogue
(3)Wine coloured poison
(4)Tinted to Crimson
(5)Flamboyant Flame
(6)Morbid Maroon
(7)The Cardinal Sin
(8)Bloody Truth
(9)Rusted in Resistance
(10)Silhouettes in the Sunset
(11)Rosy Candle Light
(12)Sorrow-filled Vermilion Coast
(13)Scarlett Facades
(14)A Carmine Salute (Part 1)
(14)A Carmine Salute (Part 2)
(15)A Quaking Scarlet
(16)Hell is a Cherry Red
(17)Sour Raspberries
(18)Son of a Burgundy (Part 1)
(18)Son of a Burgundy (Part 2)
(19)Torn up in Red wine
(20)Coquelicot's Demise
(21)Coercing Coral Rivers
(22)Rosso Sognare (Part 1)
(22)Rosso Sognare (Part 2)
(23)Rosey Trance
(24)Ruddy Minds
(25)The lost Scarlet
(26)Cardinal Fix
(27)The Cherry-Sway
(28)A Red hunger
(29)A Dangerous Flame
(30)A Plea in Crimson
(31)Sour Strawberries
(32)Forget the Bad Blood
(33)My Fire, My Fury
(34)Bribes, Burgundy and Bastards
(35)The Blushing Game
(36)Unforgiving Scarlet
(36)Unforgiving Scarlet (Part 2)
(37)Auburn and Outlandish
(39)Ruby Camaraderie
(40)The Sunrise Theory
(41)Garnet Wine and Familiar Yearning
(42)A Carnelian Damsel
(43)Bloody Intrusion (Part 1)
(43)Bloody Intrusion (Part 2)
(44)Sweet Vermilion Dreams
(45)Pomegranate Pips (Part 1)
(45)Pomegranate Pips(Part 2)
Epilogue
Crimson Pieces- The Tales Book
FACTS
SEQUEL
1 Million

(38)Bordeaux Touch

30.4K 1.7K 887
By Devita33

"Why was it that whenever we got too close to each other our brains would switch off?"

Bordeaux Touch

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

I looked up from my thick book. Aurora's face was full of rage and her hands were clenched into fists at her sides.

"Reading..."

"Don't be smart with me, you bastard!"

I sighed loudly as she moved around my brown, leather armchair to glare at me. I slowly put the book down on the dark table next to me and folded my hands across my lap.

"So polite of you to barge into my room..."

"Thanatos, I don't give a flying rat's ass about being 'polite' to you."

"Good. The feeling is mutual."

We glared at each other; neither making a move to blink.

It had been 1 week, 6 days and 18 hours since I last spoke to her and gods- did it feel good to see those blue eyes! Her hair was tied up into a high ponytail and her thin dress was a beautiful teal, it brightened up her eyes and complimented her tanned complexion. I kept my hungry eyes on her face, but it wasn't without difficulty. My hands ached to roam her body once again.

I'd kept my distance these past few days; keeping my eye on her just to ensure her safety and to make sure she had everything she wanted. But my hurt pride and slowly fading anger kept me from keeping her company.

Ever since that night I'd told her to leave I'd felt guilty, and a strange sensation of shame. It was only natural for her to be angry and for her to feel humiliated. After all, I treated her like she meant something to me, and after discovering the painful truth of this place, she reacted like any other women who'd accidently let her guard down when she thought she was safe.

The only problem was- she did mean something to me.

I had no idea what, but she meant something big- and being away from her for the past week, 6 days and 18 hours made my mind foggy and my breathing shallow.

I... missed... her? Is that how you say it? Miss? I'm not entirely sure.

'Longing' sounded better. I longed for her voice, I longed for her succulent scent, and I longed for her presence. I had a craving for her lips and her touches, I wanted to experience her wit, and I couldn't help but yearn for her laughter.

"Why would you humiliate me like this?" Her voice was soft and I could hear the hurt in her voice. My bones ached.

"I'm not sure what I managed to do this time around..."

"You defiled my name, Thanatos! You turned me into a walking target!"

I froze suddenly; her words catching me off guard. I had a feeling I knew exactly what she was talking about- and who to blame for letting that little secret slip.

I slowly stood up from the chair, careful not to scare her away. Aurora's eyes were wild and they kept darting over the room, only soaking in her surrounding now that the difficult words had fallen from her mouth. Mine were still to come.

"Aurora, I never meant to-... I'm sorry."

Her eyes landed on mine again; a look of incredulous anger on her face. I mentally groaned in frustration- this wasn't the way I'd wanted our first conversation to be like after those two, arduous weeks. I was planning on surprising her with flowers and an offer to go and explore the rest of my land, but unfortunately she beat me to it.

Moreover, I had some interesting news for her, but first I needed her to calm down a bit.

"Sorry? Sorry? That won't fix this shit!"

I attempted to calm her, but she carried on. She began pacing up and down my wide room, her eyes focused on the rich, burgundy carpet.

"I am not about to be a prisoner in my own home! I can't go anywhere, Thanatos! I can't use my own name; I can't say why I'm even here in the first place or why I'm living in the West wing! I'm trapped in that room- and yes, it's huge, but I need more social interaction than a grumpy mage and an old wizard! It's not like you care to visit. And I can't even find my magic, and my friends are half-way across the world busy-"

"Aurora!" My hand grasped her bare shoulder; an excited shiver ran down my spine. It was hard for me to resist my natural instinct to grab her by the waist and swing her over my shoulder, but I barely managed.

For now.

I swiftly turned her around to face me. Her eyes were wet- some tears threatened to spill down her cheeks. I couldn't stop the impulse to crush her body against mine and hold her tightly.

At first, she tried to budge me away, but after some time she realised it was futile. Aurora's arms encircled my waist and she buried her face into the crook of my neck.

She didn't cry- thank the gods for that, because I was very ill experienced with that sort of thing. Instead, she shyly whispered; "Why would you say my name?"

A small smile found its way to my lips as I could feel the heat from her cheek against my neck.

"Isn't it obvious?"

She buried her head deeper. I held onto her more firmly. I pressed my nose up against her thick hair and breathed in the scent I'd been longing for. With one hand I gently stroked her soft, blonde tresses.

Ever since our argument I had Alexus keep a close eye on Aurora- making sure she kept away from the other girls who might harm her if they were ever to put two-and-two together. I remember the first day I'd been so furious with her disrespect towards me the previous night at dinner. I lashed out at some servants, hissed at a girl who had tried to climb into bed with me and I might've broken about three whiskey tumblers.

The days passed, more tumblers fell to my wrath, and any girl that got within ten feet of me was scared off with a menacing glare. I was in no mood to deal with routine and the hankering to see her made my temper grow short.

So many times, late at night as everyone slept, I tried to convince myself that she wouldn't mind if I sneaked into her room and crawled into bed next to her, but every time I got close to her door, a side of me I thought was long dead kept pulling back into the shadows; towards my empty room.

But now she was here; in my arms, and she smelt so good...

She stirred a bit as I carefully parted her hair to the side and my hot breath hit her ear; "I missed you."

Her reaction made the animal in me groan. Aurora shook her head and chuckled; "Stop trying to distract me."

"I have no idea what you're talking about..."

We both stayed quiet for a few seconds; savouring the moment.

"How many?"

"Excuse me?"

"How many girls did you-" She stopped; her cheek glowing with heat. She turned her head away from my neck to gaze absentmindedly at the long bookshelf in the corner.

"How many?" She asked again after I waited for her to continue.

I closed my eyes and pursed my lips. This was not the sort of conversation I wanted to have with the one girl I was so desperately trying to get close to. I licked my lips; "I can't remember."

"Lost count?"

Damn, she was good.

"Aurora, it doesn't matter."

Suddenly, her beautiful face was in front of mine. Her eyes searched mine for a sign of doubt. "It does to me."

I stared at her, unsure of what to say. Either way, this wasn't going to end well for me.

"Well, they don't to me."

She furrowed her brows and a crease formed on her forehead. I attempted to pull her back into me, but she resisted. "Then why do it?"

I sighed and looked up. Aurora gulped subconsciously as my eyes landed on a rare painting above the fireplace behind her. I knew what I wanted to say, but I didn't know if being so direct with her was the way to go.

Sometimes being straight with someone got you closer to where you wanted to be, but was this one of those times?

I'd never let my impulses be controlled- usually I said what I wanted, when I wanted, but with her it was different. With her everything was so annoyingly different. So startlingly different...

I looked down to her to tell her some lie, but as soon as my gaze landed on her big eyes, I knew I couldn't just lie. She looked so vulnerable. I could see it there- in her soul- she was hurt by the mere thought of me treating her like all the others, like she was a toy. She had feelings.

My mind suddenly raced.

She had some kind of feelings for me- the reality of the fact made my blood boil and my throat dry. I felt... giddy by the sudden realisation, but suddenly an unfamiliar sense of fear ran up my spine. I had to do right by her.

How? I wasn't sure...

She had feelings for me.

Why did that make me want to dunk my head into the pool on the balcony?

Before I could stop myself, my words came out in a rushed wave, filled to the brink with honesty; "Because I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing you. Because I felt like if I could pretend that they were you, then I could somehow manage to get your face out of my mind for at least a few hours. The only thing I craved was someone like you. I want you."

Oops.

That was subtle.

Aurora just stared at me with big eyes, her mouth slightly parted.

Say something...

The monster in me had its head in its hands and groaned out in horror. I too was close to groaning out in horror as the quiet dragged on.

Why on earth would I say that? That didn't even sound like me? I swear- she was bad for my mental health.

Good lord, she was going to kill me with her silence!

My instant reaction to her shock was to back-track; quickly; "But that obviously doesn't matter anymore, seeing as you're here now and I can have you whenever I want, so..."

Soooo... Say something!

Finally, she nodded her head slowly as her eyes focused on my chin. She looked dazed- drugged even. I think I might've broken her?

"Ah-huh..."

Ah-huh? Ah-fucking-huh?

Say something, woman!

"Okay."

Okay? I give up!

"Okay?"

She nodded. Aurora dodged my eyes as I tried to examine her face. I might've looked a little deranged as I pocked my nose into her personal space just to catch a glimmer of her real reaction.

She suddenly smiled; causing me to be the one to subconsciously gulp this time. "Well, that's not the way you're going to get me."

Wait a minute; is she flirting with me? Is this a trick?

I raised an eyebrow. I could tell my wary expression was deeply amusing for her. I wasn't sure as how to act. For so long I wanted her to give me this kind of attention, but now that she was- I wasn't sure how to respond. But then I remember how much I desired this and how at night I lay awake thinking about this exact scenario and what I would do to her given the chance.

Two weeks were more than enough time for me to realise that I couldn't fuck this up- I wanted her to want me. She might've caught me off guard for a little bit, but I was the professional here.

Steady yourself, angel...

"And exactly how would I be able to 'get you'?" My hand tugged at her waist, pulling her towards me.

Aurora's grin faded slightly as she realised that I was back to be being my normal self. She placed a hand on my chest to stop me from pressing her perfect body against my needy one.

Hmm... Yes, now I remember how to function. She had me at a loss there for a moment. But never fear; just looking at her tender neck made me remember everything I wanted to do and say.

"Fixing this little problem would be one way of getting into my good books..."

"But, angel- don't you like having all those irrelevant girls know that my mind is only focused on you and you alone?"

Aurora's breath hitched at my words. They were true. I had no desire to see any of my girls- they bored me. I only had one thing on my mind- and she was exquisite in teal. I should really tell Opis to add more hues of blue and green to her closet.

"Well, that's beside the point; they'll still want to murder me when they find out I'm the infamous Aurora."

"No one will lay a hand on you, unless they wish to burn in Tartarus for all of eternity."

I was deadly serious as I gazed into her eyes. No one was going to touch her; not over my dead body. Aurora nodded and looked down. My sudden menacing tone seemed to catch her by surprise. At least she could see I was serious about her safety.

I need to prove to her that she wasn't just another harem girl. I'm not entirely sure what she was to me, but all I knew was that I'd never tried this hard to get attention from a woman, and I was enjoying every second of it.

She made me feel... different. Alive.

"No need to send people to perpetual damnation for me, I can protect myself."

"I know- that's one of the reasons why I find you so fucking tantalizing."

She blushed and swiftly tried to avoid my eyes. I could feel myself harden at her discomposure. I wanted to be the only one to see her like this; so flustered.

"Well, I should go, sorry for interrupting your...um- reading."

She turned to leave, but I quickly grabbed her wrist and dragged her with me to the large armchair. I wasn't about to let any opportunity to get close to her pass me again.

Besides, I had two weeks of hanky-panky to catch up on.

"What are-"

"Join me. I was just thinking about you before you stormed in."

"Oh, something the matter?"

I sat down whilst still holding onto her wrist. She gazed down at me like a mouse would at a smiling cat. I purred; "Sit..."

She looked around for a chair, but I quickly tugged her down onto my lap. She tried to escape my grip, but I encircled her in my strong arms and held up the book I was reading on 'Magic transferring' up to her face. She got a small fright from the sudden object in front of her and leaned back into me, allowing me to close my arms more- so as to push her deeper into my chest.

"Thanatos!" Aurora made an attempt to get up from my lap, but all she managed to do was wiggle around- which needless to say, caused the tautness in my pants to swell and harden greatly.

I bit my lip. "Angel, rest assured... I won't eat you up."

"This isn't right."

"And why is that?"

Aurora stayed quiet and the redness of her cheeks only grew in size. I chuckled; "You've been hanging around Alexus too much. She hates me, but I know you don't..."

"What makes you so sure?" She asked in a snarky tone.

I grinned; "Because," I leaned into her and pressed my mouth against her earlobe, causing her to shiver; "I can sense what I do to you. I make you tremble."

Aurora clicked her tongue and turned her head further away from mine. I eyed the back of her head with a sly smile. Oh, she was going to be putty in my hands, just wait.

"You clearly want to show me something in this book so go ahead. I have stuff to do." Her tone was dry and indifferent, but I knew it was all an act.

"Of course," She turned her head slightly towards me again, "But first- do you feel that?"

She paused. A crease formed between her brows and she turned to look at me; her eyes slanted and her mouth drawn into a tempting pout. She raised an eyebrow as I brought my face closer to hers- "That hardness you're sitting on."

She blinked, her innocence preventing her from understanding what I was referring to, but then quickly she realised what I was talking about and she gasped at my crass words. "Thanatos!"

"It's not like you haven't felt it before."

I could hear her heart beat in her eardrums. She made a move to get up, but I swiftly pulled her towards me. Suddenly, her face was held up close to mine as my hand pushed the back of her head towards me.

"I wouldn't move if I were you- unless of course you want me to eat you up?"

Her eyes grew wide and her breathing stopped as if she was scared it might set me off. I chuckled; the vibrations causing her to bump against me- I pressed down a moan.

"You're so... sordid!" I could tell she liked it. Her cheeks were on fire and her pulse was picking up.

I managed to only make out bits and pieces of her thoughts, but they sounded something along the lines of-

'Good gods, he so hard!

Maybe... I should just kiss him? He... but then...Ugh! Why does he have to smile at me like that?

I want to... Should... maybe...But no?

Harem! No, can't! Not...like them...'

Her thoughts were getting more and more jumbled and it was hard to piece them all together, but I could make out the inner torment. Aurora could jump past her moral compass; she just needed a little push in the right direction.

"I haven't seen you for two weeks, Aurora. I'm in need."

"You have plenty of girls to see to that!" I smirked as she folded her arms and puffed herself up like an angry kitten.

"Oh, no- they won't be able to help. You see, I'm in dire need of you..."

I lunged.

She barely had time to process my words before my mouth attacked hers. I could feel the heat inside me boil over with ecstasy as our lips collided.

Dammit, I missed her! How did I manage to keep myself away for so long?

She tasted even better than I remember- like vanilla and brown sugar. I moaned into her mouth and crushed her deeper into me. Aurora's breathing was hard and she automatically opened her legs and placed them on either side of my hips so as to gain better access to my mouth. I growled as I realised that she was straddling me- and this, in my favourite armchair-the day couldn't get any better!

The animal inside me really came to the surface every time she showed me a naughtier side of herself; her innocence was intoxicating, but the mere fact that she wanted to be dirty with me made my body tremble. I could feel my member throb with impatience as she lowered herself onto my lap until the pain of our close proximity became unbearable.

Aurora's hands raked through my hair and she eagerly pulled me closer to her. I knew where I wanted this to lead, but Aurora would never allow it- so I let both the pain and the pleasure of her steel thighs tightening around my hips drag me down into a deep state of rapture.

My hands kept travelling up and down her back as I tried to touch every part of her. Our hungry moans filled the quiet room as a soft breeze blew in from the balcony.

I crushed her waist against my chest as her hands clasped my face in her soft hands. I tried to push her hips into me so I could make her feel what she was doing to me. An impatient hand slid down to her hip bone and proceeded to massage the protruding area; causing her to bite her swollen bottom lip.

I growled huskily.

Why was it that whenever we got too close to each other our brains would switch off? I can't quite remember why she even came here in the first place or why there's a book lying open on the floor, but I can tell you that Aurora's arm around my neck was more than 'pleasant', and our noses colliding with each others as we tried to dominate was certainly worth the two week wait.

"Thanatos..." Aurora moaned into my demanding mouth.

Enough is enough; patience isn't my thing...

I quickly stood up from the chair while cradling Aurora's body in my arms and trying not to break apart our enthusiastic lips. She protested a bit from the sudden change, but swiftly wrapped her arms around my neck and reattached herself to my mouth. My feet moved with haste to get to my destination.

With care I gently placed her onto the soft sheets of my bed and leaned over her; my red eyes full of lust and wonder. She was beautiful- her eyes filled with desire, her lips swollen and her hair tumbling wildly down her back.

Good gods- what was this sensation in my chest?

"You're never leaving this room, ever."

She chuckled, but I wasn't joking.

I would be a fool to let her leave my sight.

She brought her face to mine. Our foreheads met and she rubbed her face against mine in a tender manner. I closed my eyes and breathed in her scent. I tried to imprint it into my mind.

She smiled brightly; "Unfortunately for you, I have a Swedish massage booked in about five minutes..."

"Cancel. I'll massage you better than they ever could."

The thought of her in a small skimpy towel made my blood race. With considerate force I tugged her towards me; not caring that I might tear her lovely dress. I'd buy her a new one- four even. Screw that; I'll buy her the factory.

Whatever she wanted was hers...

"I have no doubt, but I think you and I both know that's not the best idea."

I tried to capture her lips, but she evaded me with a small smile; "And why would it be such a bad idea? Perhaps it could be the best idea we've ever had..."

Aurora smiled softly and stood up from the bed, her eyes still filled with desire, but she pushed it back so as to steel herself from my advances. I pulled at her wrist and bit my bottom lip in hunger as I stared at her gorgeous body. Aurora blushed and tried to wriggle her wrist from my hold.

My eyes bore into hers, hoping she might return to my arms. I rather liked her lying under me...

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what, angel?" I asked innocently, but my smile was shrewd.

"Like you know my every secret."

"I'd like to think I do..."

She smiled with her eyebrow raised in a sarcastic manner. I was momentarily entranced by the way she pushed a lock of hair from the side of her face. Was there anything I could say at this very moment that would make her stay?

"Perhaps tonight you could tell me what it is that you so eagerly wanted to a few minutes ago?"

I grinned at her sudden bashfulness. She wanted an excuse to see me tonight- the thought of her desiring my company was enough to make me quickly stand up and grab her tanned hand. She attempted to pull it back with a fright, but my grip was strong.

I slowly leaned down and kissed the open palm of her hand as I turned it around. She gulped and her breathing slowed to a halt.

"Unfortunately, I have an important consultation with Hades tonight, but I will find you tomorrow." I promised her while my eyes stayed glued to hers.

She nodded; I could see the small etch of disappointment on her beautiful face. There was nothing I wanted more than to cancel my plans, but unluckily for me, Hades wasn't exactly known for his flexibility.

Aurora turned to leave. I forced myself to stop from running afterwards like a lost dog. As she got to the door she turned her head slightly to glance at me; a small coy smile on her lips that sent shock-waves of need down my back.

"I missed you too."

And cue confetti!! *^*^*^*^*

Aurora finally using some of her amazing flirting skills and Thanatos experiencing some strange new emotions- hmmmm....

Next week- We meet a certain Greek god of the ocean ;D

Leave a vote and a comment! Love you guys xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 1K 53
**SPOILERS** **SPOILERS** **SPOILERS** **SPOILERS** After their defeat by the Collector, and multiple revelations of both family and blood, Jordan is...
601K 17.4K 29
Book 1 of "The Addiction" series. Demons. War. Revenge. Dark pasts that have yet to unfold... Elena's life is turned upside down when she is kidnappe...
12.7K 335 32
Featured on @NA in It's Always the Butler|| Mystery + Thriller + Horror Wattpad's official reading list.✨ Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered on the 04...
249K 10.9K 44
love was never part of the plan. •[A Wattpad Romance, Dangerous Love, Urban Fantasy and YA Fantasy Featured Novel]• COMPLETED Book 1 in the Grey Sa...