Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

31. Polo match : day one

12.8K 417 114
By GraceAndGlorious

Dedicated to @uFiona for the amazing cover on the side! Thank you! <33

Thanks for the support guys! Love you all! 

  CHAPTER 31 - Polo match : day one

I grabbed my bag and went to the living room. It was five in the morning and we were already ready to leave for the polo match. Both the other families are going to come to our place first and then, we'll leave for the match. And guess who the families are?

Ryan Matthews's and Ashton Mercer's. 

Yay! Lucky me. Note the sarcasm people.

I am telling you, this trip is going to be pain in the ass and that ass will be mine. 

I didn't know my dad's friend with Ashton's dad. I mean, I knew Mr. Mercer before but didn't know he has a rude son named Ashton. And what can I say about the Matthews? I loved the parents and even the sister too but their son, he is an evil master. My dad's been friends with Mr. Mercer for around some months and the same's with Mr. Matthews but why the sons? Why are they coming? 

All thanks to my oh-so friendly dad for  planning this trip.

This polo match is held every year. Only the top businessman and socialites can take part in it or even come to see because of the high cost. Ofcourse, the tickets are super expensive. Which middle class guy will spend so much money to see the polo sport? None. 

We go to thses matches every year to see our dad taking part in it. He is pretty decent player. Shocking for me. But this time, it'll be crazy because of the other two monsters.

I was sitting on the huge couch when I heard the sound of a car's horn. 

Ignore it and sleep Jade, I thought. Come on, who wakes up at five and then go to a four hours drive to see a polo match? Not me but I have to. I love to see the ponies but not the evil boys. Help me God.

Dad came out of his office in a white shirt, brown jeans and a warm black jacket, looking amazing. 

I think I got the good looks from my dad.

I gasped at the sight and stood up,"Wow dad, you look amazing."

He blushed a little,"I know kid. I always look amazing."

"After all, you are my dad." I chuckled.

"Ah huh, you are my daughter first. By the way, I heard the car's horn then why aren't you going inside?" he asked.

"Because I don't want to go dad." I pouted childishly.

"Aw, but you have to kid. I am not going to leave my little princess here alone. Come on, get Sage here too. We'll live in a couple of minutes." he said and then went outside.

I got up and went to Sage's room but she came out before I could knock.

"Good morning Bozohead." she chirped. Okay, is this bubbly girl my sister? No way!!

"Morning. Dad is caliing you downstairs. Let me get that." I said and pulled one of Sage's bag.

We were going for two days. It was Friday today, we'll stay there today and tomorrow and then return back on Sunday morning. And that's the reason why we have to skip school today. Trust me, I can even go to school today instead of that polo match. Yes, it's that serious.

I and Sage came out of the house where our dad was laughing with Mr. Mercer. Someone looks really happy today.

"Good morning." I said softly, grabbing everyone's attention.

Mr and Mrs Mercer turned to me and then smiled. Mrs Mercer had blond hair that reached her shoulder and Mr Mercer had the same colour as well. To be honest, they look more like siblings then a couple. But still beautiful.

"Good morning sweetie. Oh God, you've grown so big Jade. I remember the last time we came to your house, you were really little." Mrs Mercer exclaimed. She came to our house around three months ago. Yes Mrs. Mercer, I've grown so big in three months.(Note the sarcasm)

"Kids grow fast. Look at Ashton too. He has grown so big as well. Such a man now." dad stated. Yeah, such an evil man. Seriously, why haven't I met Ashton before if my dad is friends with his? 

Oh right, they rarely comes to our house.

Then, a gorgeous black hummer entered our driveway and stopped where we were standing.

The door back door opended, revealing a young blond girl with petite figure, wearing a bright yellow top and noen blue jeans. She didn't looked related to the Mercer though but she was still gorgeous. 

"Hey everyone." she chirped.

"Will, this our close friend Frank's daughter. You remember him, right?" Mr. Mercer asked, smiling.

"Yeah, I remember that idiot. Where is he nowadays? He didn't come?" dad asked.

"No, he was a little busy but he send Alice with us. Isn't she pretty?" Mrs. Mercer said.

"She really is. How are you dear?" dad spoke.

"I am extremely fine. How are you?" she chirped. She looks really happy go lucky type. At least, she is not mean, yet!

Then, from the driver's accompanion and driver's seat, came out Ashton and a guy who looked around my age. He had the same brown hair as Ashton. And had a smirking face on. 

Definitely his brother.

"Will, this is  our younger son Dillan. He turned seventeen this year. Hey, you are going to turn seventeen soon too, right Jade?" Mrs. Mercer asked.

"Yes, in last December." I replied.

"That's amazing. Both our childen are almost of the same age. Sage and Ashton and then Jade and Dillan." she exclaimed happily. Are you trying to be a match-maker woman?

A SUV entered the driveway and I knew who's in it.

The Matthews.

I say it like they are vampires. Yeah, Cullens.

Mr and Mrs. Matthews came out with smily face and then came out their two children, Annabella, the awesome girl and Ryan, the notorious guy.

"Hey, finally. Where were you?" dad asked them.

"Got in some work. Sorry." Allen a.k.a Mr. Matthews said.

All the parents started to talk when Annabella came to me with a gorgeous smile. God, this girl is like a Greek Goddess. Wow, both the siblings look like Greek Gods. That's different.

"Hey Jady. How are you?" she chirped.

"Great. How about you?" I asked, smiling. Always behave nice to the people who are nice to you.

"Amazing. I am so excited for the match. I know, we're not going to play it but we still can have fun, right?" she exclaimed cheerfully.

"True. We'll enjoy with our hearts there." I replied but then I saw Dillan staring at me. Ashton was talking with Ryan and Alice was standing with Mrs. Mercer.

"Yupe. Hey, I'll go talk to your sister. I haven't met her yet. Bye." she said and walked to Sage. Annabella is so friendly. How can it happen that one offspring is so decent and friendly and the another one to be so ....well, self-centered.

Speaking of Ryan, he looks off today. 

I was lost in my thoughts when Dillan came up to me smirking and said,"Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk in again?"

What a flirt?

"No need." I said with a flat voice.

"That means you are already in love with me?" he asked with his right hand on his chest. He was dressed in a hoddie and jeans. But not like Ryan's. Ryan was wearing a black hoddie with loose jeans and his hands inside his jean's pocket. Somebody looks hot!!

"Keep dreaming, brother." I said, pressuring on the brother part.

He gasped and then chuckled,"You broke my heart my heart babe. Whether you call me brother or not, I am so not calling you sister because I am not going to waste such a gorgeous girl by calling her my sister."

God, this trip is going to be HELL!

-

-

'Hit the lights,

Let the music move you,

Lose yourself tonight.

Come alive,

Let the moment take you,

Lose control tonight.'

"Shut up. I can't heard it!" 

"IAre you kidding me Dillan? It's Selena Gomez. She's perfect and I love it."

"Lesbo. Change it bro."

"Gotcha."

'So give me reason,

To prove me wrong.

To wash this memory clean,

Let the thoughts cross.

The distance in your eyes,

Across this new divide.'

"Ewww! Such a pathetic song! Change it!"

"NOO!" everyone shouted in unison except Alice.

So, this thing has been going on since the start. Alice turns the radio to some teen stuff then Dillan screams at her and asks Ashton to change the channel. But when Ashton do that, Alice starts to scream out loud so he is forced to listen to teeny songs.

After a lots of discussions, our parents decided that we'll take only three car because we could only enjoy when we are together. They diveded themselves in the two cars and left Ashton's hummer for us or what the parents calls us,'Kids'. Ashton was driving the car, Ryan was on the accompanion seat, Alice on the middle on with me and Dillan and Sage and Annabella behind us. 

I was exhausted by their shouting. I turned my head to see Sage and she looked pretty happy talking with Anna. Bonding!

"Hey Jade. What happended?" Anna asked.

"Make them stop." I pleaded like a five year old, asking someone to stop her fighting parents.

She nodded and then yelled,"SHUT UP YOU TWO! Jade is getting annoyed because of you!"

This made all of them to sit quietly. I mouthed her 'Thank you' and she gave me her perfect smile.

"Oh, I didn't know you were getting annoyed, sorry babe." Dillan said.

I narrowed my eyes at him but in return he said something really stupid,"I like it when you are angry. You look hot."

"Shut the hell up Dillan. You met her only two hours ago." Ryan stated.

"So, that is enough to like someone." Dillan smirked at me.

"But I don't like you." I replied.

"Oooh, Dilli got burned!" everyone said in unison and then laughed at him.

"Aw, don't say that. I know you like me." he said.

"I really don't."

 Before Dillan could say something, Alice stretched to the music system and pushed the button and a teeny song came out again, making everyone shriek.

'Hey baby you, you got what I need,

But you say you're just a friend,

Yeah you say you're just a friend.'

"Who's this kid now?" Ashton asked with disguist., changing the channel to Linkin Park.

Alice gasped and said,"You don't know? He is Austin Mahone. He is like the next Justin Bieber."

"Like we care about Justin Bieber." Ryan said, making Ashton laugh. The two friends chuckled together, making Alice angry.

She stretched even more and and again pulled that song. And because of the streching, I could see her top getting pulled up upto her bra and I bet Ryan and Ashton can see it too.

Ryan turned to her but when he saw her bare waist or evenback, he said with disguist,"Ash, tell your friend to maintain her clothes. Too much is on display."

I couldn't stop myself from chuckling but then Ryan heard my chuckle and turned his head to me and smiled,"Oh, hey Pumpkin. Very quiet today!"

Before I could say something, he said again,"Oh, I know why you aren't speaking. You must be lost in your wonderland as usual. Right my Alice in wonderland?"

"I wasn't in Wonderland." Alice shrieked.

"I was talking to Pumpkin, not you Miss bare waist." he commented which made me to chuckle again.

Hearing my chuckle, Ryan turned to me again and winked, which made my heart to stop for a second.

-

-

"Room 23." the receptionist gave me the card with a smile.

"Thank you." I replied.

I went to my room and saw the incredible sight in front of me. The big king sized bed with cream sheets and fluffy pillows. A cream couch on the right and shelf on the left. The walls had beautiful paintings on them and the room was perfect. The curtain of the window was flowing with the light breeze.

After a few hours, I dressed in my light blue dress which had a brown belt on the waist and braided my hair in French style and went outside.

It was 11 already and the game was about to start.

I reached the match area and saw that everyone was present there. I smiled at them and went to my VIP seat (which was just near the fenches) where Sage, Annabella, Dillan, Alice, Mrs. Matthews and Mr and Mrs. Mercer were sitting. Dad, Mr. Matthews, Ryan and Ashton are taking part in the match.

Surprise, Ryan knows how to ride a horse!

The commentator announced smething and that's when the players started to come outside.

First, came the blue team which had my dad, Mr. Matthews, one another guy and when I saw the last player, I was shocked...

It was Aiden.

Then, came the red team which had Ryan, Ashton and two unknown men.

The whistle blowed up and the game started. I have no idea about this game so I just watched. The ponies were running here and there and the players looked confident.

After a few minutes, it seemed like team blue will loose and that too terribly. 10-2?? You are going to loose buddy.

"Go dad, go!" I screamed to boost up my losing father's confidence when Ryan's horse came near me. He smirked at me."Your daddy is going to loose, Pumpkin!" and went away.

I swear to God, in that red jersey and that helmet, Ryan looked AMAZING!

Conscience : He looks sexy.

Me : I agree!

-

-

The game ended and so did my dad's energy. He looked so tired like he'll drop any minute.

"Let me take me to your romm, buddy." Mr. Mercer helped my dad and took him to his room. 

There's a match tomorrow as well and Mr. Mercer is going to play in that. And guess what else I discovered? All the dads are great friends with Aiden's dad too!

I was walking to my room when Ryan ran to me, still in his jersey in which he looked inresistible and whispered,"I won Rasberry. Your daddy lost it."

"You are younger than him, ofcourse you'll win." I replied.

"That's not a very good excuse. Age doesn't matter in this game." he teased, smirking. He ran his fingers through his sweaty hair. Ways to kill me Matthews.

*****

So, I decided to divide the polo match into two chapters. Here's one and the another day will be in the next one! :)

Wans't really eventful right? Sorry, I couldn't explain the match well. No idea about polo man! :pp

Hope you liked it! :)

Don't forget:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND ENJOY! :)) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 6.2K 53
❝ Sometimes, life gives us a story we've never been told before. And sometimes, it's a story we don't know how to start and a story that we don't wan...
78.9K 2.4K 31
тнιѕ ιѕ α ѕтσяу ιη ωнι¢н α gιяℓ ηαмє∂ ( у/η) ,ωнσ мσνє∂ ƒяσм σяρнαηαgє тσ σяρнαηαgє ωιтн нєя яι∂є σя ∂ιє ѕιѕтєя αηуα. ƒιηαℓℓу gєт α∂σρтє∂ вυт ησт ву...
286K 3.8K 68
August and Ethan have been bestfriends since the day they met at Ethan's seventh birthday party. And now, twelve years on, their friendship continues...
21.6K 254 21
y/n Gonzalez, the sister of the young football star Pedri, meets his best friend, and let's just say it's not what she would've expected...