Doubled Elements

draninator által

The story of the girl behind it all. Több

1| Doubled Elements
2| Avatar
3| Departure
4| Canoe
5| Attacked
6| Captured
7| Blue Spirit
8| Admiral
9| Saved
10| Scarred
11| Family
12| Agni Kai
13| Flame Change
14| Lightning
15| Teacher
16| Honor
17| We Meet Again
18| Family Reunion
19| Truth
20| Fun
21| Departure
22| Berries
23| Old Secrets
24| Water Tribe
25| Clothes
26| Bloodbending
27| Puppetmaster
28| New Friend
29| Enemy Reunion
30| Freedom Fighters
31| More Friends
32| Exposed
33| Liar
34| Desperate Times
35| Ice Sculptures
36| Ba Sing Se
37| Husbands and Whatnot
38| Xen and Yen
39| Marshmallows
40| Bison
41| Discussions
42| Just Jin
43| Spilled Tea
44| The Kyoshi Warriors
45| The Split
46| The Crystal Catacombs
48| Enemy Territory
49| My Cabbages
50| Messages
51| Meteor Shower
52| The Swordmaster
53| Face to Face
54| Named
55| Decisions
56| Royal Premesis
57| Best Friends For Life I Think
58| Smoothing Stones
59| The Truth Comes Out
60| Twinfuries
61| Karma
62| Decisions
(Important Author's Note)
63| Distraction
64| Crash
65| Doubled Elements
66| Run
67| Bells of Grief
68| Eclipse
69| Baby Shoe
70| Echo, Echo
71| Prisoner
72| Straight In the Eye
73| Spirit World
74| Lost Powers
75| Giant Roots
76| Always
77| The Boiling Rock
78| Escape Plan
79| I'm Letting Go
80| Revenge
81| Lies, Plays, and Promises
82| Beach Parties
83| The Avatar's Place
84| Stop, Drop, and Man Up
85| Ready Or Not
86| Here I Come
87| I Believe
88| Beads On A Necklace
89| Beginning of The End
A/N My Life Is Over
A/N The New Era Link
A/N Ever After Link
Lumos
FANART COMPETITION!

47| The Death

27.3K 901 512
draninator által

I stared at Zuko, tears pooling in my eyes. "This is what you wanted, isn't it? Well you got it. I hope you're happy." 

And he just stood there, staring at me. Just stood there, mocking me, the shadows of the flames flickering on his scarred face. Katara held Aang in her arms, her eyes red and full of disbelief. 

He tried to reach for me, to touch me one last time but I lashed out, a flame wall coming up between us. He backed away as it died down.

And then he scowled, his scar crumpling, his eyebrows coming together. His golden eyes were full of flames even though there wasn't any fire around him. 

"Get lost." The words slipped out of my mouth as I turned away from him.

🔥🔥🔥

Appa flew across the sky as Katara leaned over Aang. She reached out, moving her hands up and down slowly as the spirit water passed through Aang's back and chest. 

As soon as we thought everything was over, Aang's eyes flickered open. Katara burst into tears of joy and hugged Aang tight.

I set my jaw. "I'm so glad you didn't use that on Zuko," I said. "Even if Aang never got hurt."

We were standing on a Fire Nation ship when suddenly, we heard smashing and giant booming sounds.

"I think he's awake," I nudged Katara. She looked over at me.

"And he has no clue where he is." Suddenly, Aang burst out, crying in pain as he slammed onto the floor. "Aang!" Katara yelled, running towards him. He didn't see her, yanking out his staff and opening it up. With a swift movement I had him frozen to the ground, his feet covered in ice.

"Aang," I stumbled towards him, taking off my Fire Nation helmet, "It's me."

We'd taken over a Fire Nation ship while Aang had been out for days. We were all dressed up in fire nation attire and helmeted and all. 

"Aang, you need to go back and rest." Katara soothed, putting a hand on his shoulder. His hair had grown, covering his arrow in black. 

"No," he said. "I have . . . to be here." His chest was wrapped in bandages and he winced every time he spoke or walked.

"No, Aang. You're not well."

"Where are we?"

"On a Fire Nation ship," Katara and Sokka's father, Hakoda, said, appearing in front of us. Bato also stood next to us.

Suddenly, I turned around, hearing a movement in the water. "Oh, God. Guys, hide!"

Toph and Sokka jumped, throwing a sheet to cover Appa with who was sitting in a metal  cave type thing on the deck of the ship. I gulped, standing behind Hakoda. A Fire Nation ship was heading our way.

"I can help," Aang said, lifting up his staff.

"No." I pushed him back.

"Why not?"

"Because!" Katara said through clenched teeth. "Because."

"Because what?" Aang yelled.

"Because everyone thinks you're  dead!" Sokka said.

Aang stared at us all, horrified. "Dead?"

"It's to our advantage!" Sokka shrugged, a grin on his face. "Sneak attacks."

"Sorry, Aang," I shrugged.

"C'mon, Aang. Let's go inside." Katara took him by the arm, leading him inside to safety. I took a deep breath and slid into the indent area under Appa's blanket, along with Sokka and Toph. Time to hide.

♋♋♋

Zuko stared at the moon, remembering the time he'd gone to save Ayame from Hama's bloodbending. No, it was actually her who ended up saving him. He was surprised to find himself smiling. 

No. She was gone, and so were everyone else. He'd had his chance but he blew it. He was evil now. Actually, he was right. No, he was wrong. Zuko ran a hand through his hair frustrated. He still had that gut feeling he hadn't done the right thing, but then again, he also felt that he was right to leave her.

Her? No, everyone. He shouldn't think about her. He couldn't.

Suddenly, something brushed against his shoulder. He fought the urge to lunge, and squeezed the rails of the edge of the ship.

"You did the right thing, Zuko," Mai said, standing next to him.

"Did I?" Zuko said in low tone. "I don't even know."

"What's wrong, Zuko? You can tell me."

"I just have mixed feelings about this. I changed, Mai. I'm not that silly kid who was banished three years ago. What if she was right. What if father doesn't take me in again?"

"She?" Mai said, catching his words fast. "Who?"

Zuko turned away. "Nobody."

"What do you think, Zuko? Did you do the right thing?" Mai changed the topic.

"Right now, yes. Later on, I might not be so sure." 

She reached for his hand and he let her take it, finding the strength to smile at her. He did miss her, it was true. But importantly, he was going home.

🔥🔥🔥

They passed right by us. I jumped out, relieved. 

"I'm going to check on Aang," I said as Hakoda and Bato set up people to be on the lookout.

"I died, didn't I?" Aang said as I reache the door. "I didn't just get hurt, did I?"

Katara sighed inside the room as I rested my hand on the door to open it. "I'm sorry, Aang."

I pushed open the door. Katara was healing Aang, water passing through his back and his chest.

"Sorry for intruding," I said, "But I need to talk to Aang."

Katara stood up, nodding. "I finished his healing for right now."

"Thanks, Katara," Aang said, and she left the room, shutting the door behind her. 

"Aang, I know this isn't the right time," I said, a little too hopeful, "But—"

"I didn't, Ayame." Aang looked at his hands in his lap. "I'm sorry."

"The guru didn't say—"

"No. I left before I could ask. Katara was in trouble."

"Oh." I swallowed, turning away from him. I shouldn't have kept my hopes so high.

A lump formed in my throat. "I'll just leave then," I sighed. "Thanks for trying." I managed a smile that he didn't return.

"Wait." he said. "Look. I can tell you this much. Whatever you have, it wasn't an accident." 

I turned around trying to blink back the burning sensation in my eyes.

"Everyone has their own destiny," he said. "You should know that by now." He was implying towards Zuko. "And you have to make the path for yours. You have a purpose, just like every single other one of us."

I smiled. "Thanks, Aang." he did help, but now I really wanted to know why I had dual bending. What really was my purpose?

♋♋♋

"I am proud of you, Zuko," he said in his commanding tone. "You have successfully killed the Avatar, and you are welcome back into the Fire Kingdom," Ozai said. "You have regained your honor, and you will live here as the prince."

"I am honored, father." As soon as the words slipped out, Mei flashed into his head. 

"If he really loved you, he would've let you come back by now."

Zuko shook the idea out of his own head. He let him come back now, remember? 

Mei continued, now a part of his concience, "Yeah, but because he thinks you killed the Avatar."

"I did kill the Avatar," Zuko retorted.

"No," Mei/his conscience rolled her eyes. "You didn't."

"Well I know it was Az—"

"That's not my point." she snapped. "Stop beating around the bush. We both know he can't be dead. Can you guess why?"

"Katara's Spirit Water." Zuko gulped back a pang of fear.

"Oh yeah buddy. Good luck with that. Like I said, if he loved you, he'd taken you in long ago."

Zuko's conscience scowled. "If you loved me, you would've come here with me."

That shut her up. Zuko ran a hand through his hair, surprised at himself for even thinking that. Why would he think that? Mai. He was here now, with Mai. That trip with Ayame was like childsplay. He was home now. 

With Mai.

Zuko tossed bread to the turtle ducks in the pond.

"Zuko, why do you look so worried?" Someone asked from behind him.

"I'm not worried," Zuko replied a little too fast.

As Azula approached, the turtle ducks scattered. "Oh come on Zu-Zu, tell me the problem."

Zuko didn't reply.

"Are you worried the Avatar is alive?" she raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"No. He can't be," Zuko said, looking away. "We both saw him fall."

"You're right. Well, father thinks you killed him. I gave you all the credit."

"What?"

"That's right, Zuko." She smiled. "He should be dead. Because if he's not . . . " she turned and walked away, leaving the image of the Spirit Water floating in Zuko's head. If Aang really wasn't dead . . . 

Her unsaid message was heard.

If the Avatar was alive, Zuko would be blamed. Banished. Tossed out forever.

Katara. Why must you ruin everything?

"No. Azula ruined everything." Mei said in his head.

🔥🔥🔥

 Another ship. And this time it didn't stop. I hid next to Appa under the blanket.

"Hey," a man said, boarding our ship. "Who are you?"

Hakoda explained to him where we were going.

"But there are no ships going that way today." the man raised an eyebrow suspiciously. 

"Mmhm yeah," Bato cleared his throat. "We just got emergency shipments."

"What are your shipments?" the man asked.

"Coal."

"Wood."

They said at the same time.

"Darn." Bato said under his breath. "Okay. Get off our ship."

I jumped out, landing on my palms and pushing myslef into the air feetfirst. My shoes slammed into the first fire nation guard's chest and he flew back, slamming against the edge. The second one reached for my arm, successfully taking hold of it. The next thing I knew, Sokka was there, slamming his boomerang onto the guy's arm as he cried out, jumping back. 

"Thanks, Sokka." I grinned.

He blushed. "It doesn't matter. Behind you!"

I spun around, slamming the base of my fist into another guard's nose. "Bending isn't everything," I smirked as he cried out, falling backward and clutching his bloody nose. "Katara, don't let any more guards on. Move the ship!"

Katara nodded. "I'm on it." She ran to the edge of the boat, taking a deep breath and raising her hands. And then she pushed out. A giant wave appeared, pushing the other ship further and making distance between our two ships.

"Impressive," I grinned. "Let me try." I stood beside her and raised my arms. With a forceful push, the ship was moved farther. "Steam the place." 

She raised her hands again, opening her clenched fists and bringing them down, then up again. Steam began to rise.  "You know," she said, "Your waterbending movements aren't as smooth as waterbenders. It forceful like firebending."

"Is that a compliment?" I asked.

"Well, it means you're strong," she grinned.

"Thank you, Katara." I winked. Then I turned to her father. "Hakoda, get us out of here." I said.

We made it.

♋♋♋

 Zuko walked through a dungeon-like place. A man called out to him, whom he ignored, walking further and faster. He had to do this. If he didn't and the Avatar was really alive . . . he'd never be welcome home again.

"The deal's still on?" he asked as a big, burly man came into view. He didn't reply. "Good. I need you to find the Avatar. Understand?"

The man nodded in the shadows.

"And I need you to kill him."

The man stepped into view. He had one metal arm, elbow down, and one metal leg that clanked as he walked. But wierdest of all, he had this eye shaped as an oval right in the middle of his forehead.

The man smiled.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

146K 3.7K 43
the story of avatar; the last airbender, in motoko's point of view and her involvement in the war. ~zuko fic x
896 37 6
The Hundred Year War is over. Peace rules the world in an unprecedented way. The world is starting to heal from the mistakes of the past. It's been...
1.1K 24 10
Aang fought bravely against the Fire Lord but... It wasn't enough. Azula will face a journey of self discovery to figure out her inner demons and may...
30.2K 1K 86
One day I was on vacation, and the next, my life changed in a way I never thought possible. Zuko x OC