Don't Look Back (Sequel to Th...

By MermaidPearl

The sequel to The Alpha's Mate. You might have to read the first book to really understand, but if you don't... More

Don't Look Back (Sequel to The Alpha's Mate)
Chapter two
Happy Fathers Day!!!!!
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
*Little Rant*
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
not another chapter
Chapter 14!
Chapter 15
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter 18
chapter 19
Christmas
Chapter 21
Obviously, not another chapter.
The Truth

Chapter 20

1.1K 62 0
By MermaidPearl

Hey everyone, ik sorry it took so long. You all notice that the new update stinks??? Okay well, read on!

_________________________________________

"Why, you already have your book." Jasper questioned, pointing to the book under my arm.

"Yeah, well I have a few questions about it. And I have a pretty good feeling she knows the awnsers."

We continued our walk there, with Jasper trying to pry the questions out of me. But, it was a lost cause. Jasper sighed, giving up after ten minutes.

"Hey... um, Saphirre?" He started nervously.

I turned and looked over at him, he looked frightened.

"Yeah?"

"Nevermind, forget it." He sighed.

I shrugged and continued twards the library.

"Hey, I have to go home. I'll see you around." And with that, he ran off before I could say anything.

I starred at his back as he ran off into the newly darkened night in confusion.

"Weirdo ." I mumbled to myself, and then, I arrived.

I stood right out front of the rusty old library. The full moon shone bright in the sky, with very few clouds passing by. The chilly night air nipped at my bare arms. The streets were deserted, and a single streetlight shone in the distance. Now, this I was concerned about. It wasn't the unusually chill air, or the creepyness of the vacant street. It was the feeling I had within me, the feeling that I was being watched. It chilled me to the bone.

I took in a shaky breath, and tried to tell myself it was all my imagination. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get myself to believe it. I started slowly up the stone stairs twards the entrance, fighting the urge to sprint up those stairs, run in, and lock the door behind me.

Step by step I made my way up to the door. I had almost opened the door, when I am shoved into the cement ground. My back landed with a crack, and I groaned in pain. Soon enough my hands are pinned above my head, and a man was sitting on top of me so I couldnt get away.

He had black hair with a red streak, and bright green eyes. His muscles bulged out of his pitch black tee, and his black jeans. He seemed familiar, though I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Do I know you?" I asked cautiously.

He smirked evilly. "Yes, but let me introduce myself again. I'm Antonio, and you are?"

Then I remembered who he was. "Your the one we met that night after the mall."

He nodded, then pushed down on my wrists even harder, making me yelp in pain.

"What do you want?" I asked rudely, not letting him see he was actually hurting me.

He leaned down, his acid breath fanning across my face. "You." He whispered.

My eyes went wide, and I froze in my place. Not that I could go anywhere anyways. Why would he want me? What would he want me for? One thing is for sure, it wouldn't be good.

So without caring, I shifted. Yup, right in his grip. Was it smart, no. Was it dumb, yes. Did it just show him I am part wolf as well as vampire, you bet. Although I don't care, I can not let him have me. Who knows what sick, twisted things he has in mind?

Antonio was startled, and jumped up quickly. I took that time to get myself up, and ready to fight. He was quickly out of his daze, and got into his attack position. His fangs glimmered brightly in the moonlight, hissing at me threateningly.

I growled loudly, warning him to leave. But alas, he did not. Instead, he attacked.

He quickly charged at me, and grabbed me around the neck. I quickly bit his arm, chomping down as hard as I could. He cried out in agony, but only tightened his grip. He spun me around, and flung me into the old library building. My back hit the wall with a loud thud, and I fell to the ground. The pain hurt so much, it was almost unbearable. I couldn't let him win though, I knew that much. So, I slowly pickled myself off of the ground and faced Antonio once again. He smiled at me wickedly, then hissed loudly. His eyes were not the bright green they were before, they were red.

Blood red.

I ignored all the pain, and just focused on him. I heard sirens in the distance, and they seemed to be getting louder. And that's when it hit me, they weren't getting louder. They were getting closer!

'I just want to go back to Scar.' I thought angrily to myself as Antonio jumped at me, to deliver a painful blow.

I closed my eyes quickly and waited for the pain to come, but it never came. I waited and waited, but nothing. I slowly opened my eyes, but I couldn't see anything. Everything was black, pitch black. And the only thing I could hear was a loud ringing in my ears. The only thing I could feel was somebody shaking me.

"I bet he has me. He's going to torture me!" I said to myself out loud, although I couldn't hear it.

I started freaking out. My heart started racing and my breathing became heavy. I was having a panic attack. Then, my eyes rolled into the back of my head and then everything went still.

Next thing I know, I'm in an all white room. Nothing was there, absolutely nothing.

'I'm dead.' I thought sadly to myself. 'He murdered me! Saphirre, she's all alone. They're gonna find her. She can't die, she doesn't disserve to do!'

I screamed as loud as I could, it was filled with all of the pain and anger I felt.

"I can't believe I let her down.." I whispered to myself.

I sat down on the ground, pulled my knees up to my chest, and cried. I cried my heart out.

I'm dead. I'm really dead.

I thought about my friends, I thought about my dad. My mom. My brothers and sister. Saphirre, and Brandon.

What is Brandon is doing right now. Does he know I'm dead? Would he even care?

"Chris?" Asked a shocked voice.

I looked up and saw Brandon, stand in the middle of this bright white room. He couldn't possibly be here, I'm just hallucinating.

I cried even harder and layed my head back down on my knees. Brandon ran over to me and wrapped me in his arms, but I pushed him away.

"Your not real." I whispered.

"What?" He asked hurt and confused.

"Your not really here, your a hallucination."

He wrapped me back up in his arms once again. I squirmed, but he just held onto me tighter. I gave up and just let the tingles consume me, enjoying it while it lasted. I finally finished crying after a while, and just shook.

"What's wrong?" Brandon asked quietly.

I could just barely get the words out, I said them so quietly I couldn't even believe he heard them. "I'm dead."

"What?" He asked, confusion written across his face. "Why do you think that?"

"Antonio, he, he attached me. And then it all went dark. Somebody was shaking me. And now I'm here."

Brandon growled. "Who's Antonio?"

"He's a vampire." I cried. "I was just going to the library, and then he shoved me down and attacked me. He killed me."

He hugged me tight, and smiled slightly, even under these circumstances. "Your not dead, Chris."

"How do you know!" I screamed, upset he didn't believe me.

"If you were dead, the mate bond would be gone. These sparks you feel, would be gone. He didn't kill you."

Relief washed over me. "So I'm not dead?" I asked happily.

He chuckled. "Your not dead."

"Then, what happened?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know Chris, but where are you? I've had wolves look everywhere for you, nobody can find you! Its like you vanished."

I sighed. "I'm sorry, but why do you keep looking for me? If I wanted to come back I would've already!"

"But we need you back home! It feels like I'm being torn apart. Don't you feel that way too?"

I bit my lip. I didn't feel that way, not at all. It that a bad thing? "I don't."

He stumbled backwards, like he was just kicked in the stomach. "What?"

I could hear all the hurt and sadness in his voice, and I couldn't believe that I was the one who made him feel that way. "I don't feel that way at all. Yes I miss you, but that's all."

"That's not possible." He shook his head in denial.

I knew the only way to show him I still cared, that I'm not faking it at all. "If I show you something, promise you won't come and get me."

"Chris but we need you home!"

I growled ferociously, and he shut up almost automatically. "Promise me, or I'll never talk to you again and forget you ever existed."

He gulped. "Fine, I promise."

"Good." I sighed.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I had to make him see. He doesn't want me, even if I am his mate. Once he sees I'm nothing but a blood sucking monster, he'll leave me and I'll be free. There is one problem, however. I have no idea how to purposely shift. Maybe you just think about it? That's what I'll do.

I closed my eyes and thought about everything. I thought about my black hair with the silver streaks. I thought about my purple eyes with blue specks. And lastly, I thought about my fangs, and those terrible, blood sucking monsters. I knew it worked, when I heard Brandon gasp. I opened my eyes and saw Brandon standing there, rage filled his eyes.

"Who did this to you?" He growled, trying to keep his wolf at bay.

"Nobody Brandon, it's who I am. I'm a monster." I stated.

"No your not, it can't be." He begged.

"Yes, Brandon." I argued, growing impatient. "I'm part vampire. Just accept it."

"No, no maybe there is some way we can fix this!" He yelled pleadingly. "You can't be a vampire!"

"Yes I can!" I hissed at him. "No matter how much you try to deny this or fix it, it won't work! I have vampire inside of me too, not just werewolf! I'm sorry I'm not the perfect mate you've always dreamed of Brandon. I'm sorry I'm not the purebred werewolf you were hoping to get. I'm sorry I'm a vampire, but its who I am. If you can't accept me for who I am, then maybe it is better that I left. Now I can see I made the right decision by leaving you behind."

Brandon just stood there, not saying another word. I mean, what could he say? Nothing he would say or do would change my mind.

"Saph, Saphirre wake up. Come on get up." A voice echoed around the room as silent tears started streaming down my face.

"Goodbye Brandon, forever."

A tear rolled down the side of his face, just as everything slowly faded into black. Then the voice got louder, and clearer.

"Saphirre, please wake up." Kayden pleaded.

I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. There was Kayden and Scarlett, leaning right over me. Confused, I moved my head side to side, trying to figure out where I was. I noticed I was back at the hotel room, which confused me very much. I sat up, and stood up. Dizziness struck, and luckily Kayden was right there to catch me. He layed me down on my bed, which I was glad.

"Woe, thanks." I mumbled groggily, then laughed stupidly. "Guys, my voice sounds funny."

They both looked at me like I had just came out of the looney bin, but then it changed to concern.

"Are you okay?" Kayden asked concerned.

""Yeah, I'm fine. My back and neck just really hurt." I sighed.

Just thinking about what happened, scared me.

"Scarlett, get over here please. Now." I ordered.

She nodded, and came to sit next to me on the bed. I wrapped her in my arms and glared at Kayden. "Did you help him?"

He looked confused. "Help who?"

"Who do you think!" I shouted angrily. "I could've been killed!"

"Saphirre, I promise you I have no idea what your talking about!"

I looked back at Scarlett for some awnsers, she could tell me if he's lying. "Is he lying?"

She shook her head.

"Wait, so you honestly have no idea what happened?"

"No, I don't. But I'd like to know, since you figured I was in on it."

"Yeah, what happened Saph? All I know is I was sitting on the bed watching Spongebob, when you were suddenly on the floor and you had a panic attack. Then you started bawling and mumbling, so I went and got Kayden."

"We'd like an explanation." Piped up Kayden with his arms over his chest.

I sighed, knowing very well I wouldn't be able to get out of this without telling them.

"Okay, so I was on my way to the library and then it all the sudden got dark. It was creepy outside but I was almost there. I thought I felt someone watching me, but didn't believe myself. I walked up the steps and then your friend shoved me to the ground and pinned my arms above my head. He has some serious anger issues." I added in the last part, trying to lighten the mood.

Guess what, it didn't work.

"Which friend." He asked harshly.

"The one we met outside the mall, Antonio."

"Then what happened?"

"Well," I started. "Then he then he said some things and he was gonna take me. So, I shifted and-"

"Shifted?"

"-then he was about to hit me and I wished I was back here with Scarlett. It all went dark after that and I couldn't hear anything but a loud buzz.and someone shaking me. So, I panicked and blacked out." I finished.

"Is that why you kept mumbling?" Scarlet asked.

I nodded. I heard the door slam and I looked over at the door to our room. "Where's Kayden?"

"He just left."

"So why did you keep mumbling Brandon's name?" Scarlett asked curiously, leaning in closer.

I waved off the question, not wanting to explain or discuss the conversation we just had.

I opened my mouth to talk, but closed it when I noticed all the blood was drained from her face. I shook off all the recent thoughts about blood, and focused solely on Scarlett.

"What's wrong?" I asked her softly. "Are you okay?"

She didn't move, didn't even blink. It was like she was frozen, but why?

I shook her gently, but it didn't do any good. Then, I heard them.

Footsteps.

They were running down the hall, fierce. They got closer and closer to the door, and then stopped. They stopped right infront of our door.

"What now?" I groaned.

Who could it be? It couldn't be Kayden, he just left. And it couldn't be Jasper, he had no idea where I lived.

I slowly creeped over to the door, and peeked out the peep hole, only to find no one. My curiosity got the better of me, and I opened the door.

----------------

Ooo, cliffhanger! Sorry guys, but its long tho! So.. yea..k.

~Mermaidpearl~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 4.6K 25
Hey guys this book is now completed and there is a sequel posted. Hope you guys like it!!!! This is about an omega who gets abused and rejected by he...
4.1M 71.5K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...
1.6M 63.2K 48
Book I: Graham Keller ran away from his hometown and never looked back, but with a new death starts a new fate. Keller will soon find out he can't ru...
556K 13.2K 58
This AMAZING cover was made by @Lady-Elizabeth-Hope and she completely surprised me. She is AMAZING! Thank you! I love it so much!!! (( I AM ACCEPTIN...