Sea Serpent

By JustAnAtlantisWriter

"Oh really? How do I know you aren't POISONING HIM?" "Please. If I were poisoning him, I'd do it at the end a... More

Chapter 1- War Medic
Chapter 3- Return Of The Nightmares
Chapter 4- Final Ingredient
Chapter 5- Midnight Stroll
Chapter 6- A Friend In Need
Chapter 7- Crystals
Chapter 8- Tricksters
Chapter 9- Intruder?
Chapter 10- The Gauntlet
Chapter 11- A Lesson In Violence
Chapter 12- Cake-splosion
Chapter 13 Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Chapter 14- Prison Outbreak
Chapter 15- Memories Of The Past
Chapter 16- Closet
Chapter 17- Beach Shenaniganes
Chapter 18- Detective Skills
Chapter 19- Attack Of The Annon
Chapter 20- INVASION
Chapter 21- CONFRONTATION
Chapter 22- Aftermath
Chapter 23- Free Time
Chapter 24- Doubt In Self
Chapter 25- The Strange Doctor
Chapter 26- Heart Vs. Mind
Chapter 27- Insomnia
Chapter 28- Medicine
Chapter 29- Phone A Friend
Chapter 30- Babysitting
Chapter 31- A Day In The Life Of Darrel
Chapter 32- New Beginnings
Chapter 33- A Lesson In Kindess
Chapter 34- Strife
Chapter 35- Disappearece
Chapter 36- Homesick
Chapter 37- Luggage
Chapter 38- Birds Of The Feather
Chapter 39- The Portal
Chapter 40- Willpower
Chapter 41- Shock (APRIL FOOLS)
Chapter 41- Shock
Chapter 42- Glitched
Chapter 43- Lost
Chapter 44- King For A Day
Chapter 46- Dreams
Chapter 46- Conscience
Chapter 47- Recovery
Chapter 48- Love Is Strange
Chapter 49- Texting
Chapter 50- Trapped
Chapter 51- Trail
Chapter 52- Sticky Situation
Chapter 53- Prophetic Dreams
Chapter 54- Traitor
Chapter 55- Conflicted
Chapter 56- Out Of Hand
Chapter 57- Journal Of A Villain
Chapter 58- Rage
Chapter 59- Loss Of Control
Chapter 60- Allies
Chapter 61- Downtime
Chapter 62- Poker
Chapter 63- From The Shadows
Chapter 64- Q.C.
Chapter 65- Promptings
Chapter 66- Paranoia
Chapter 67- Doubt In Others
Chapter 68- Torn
Chapter 69- Dangerous Illusions (Part One)
Chapter 69- Dangerous Illusions (Part 2)
Chapter 70- Ace's Interlude
Chapter 71- Larry's Big Adventure
Chapter 72- Not My Dad
Chapter 73- Weakness
Chapter 74- Where's Endy?
Chapter 75- 2 V 2
Chapter 76- Overloaded
Chapter 77- Forgotten Sins
Chapter 78- Tanith's Promise
Chapter 79- Second Chances
Chapter 80- Choices
Chapter 81- Needed
Chapter 82- Pulse Part One
Chapter 82- Pulse Part Two
Chapter 83- Ace In The Hole
Chapter 84- Training Day
Chapter 85- Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 86- Atychiphobia
Chapter 87- Monophobia
Chapter 88- Just Do It
Chapter 89- Strong Enough
Chapter 90- Final Showdown

Chapter 2- First Battle

243 11 4
By JustAnAtlantisWriter

Cody

About half a week after hiring her, I had visited Tanith a couple of times. Each time, she was doing something new. First she was organizing her new home, and I offered to help out a bit. Honestly, she had some strange books but they looked pretty cool too. Some of them were in a different language though. She always seems to carry around an peculiar silver staff with a snake coiling up it, one purple eye and one blue. A red stone poked out of the head. She never seems to leave home without it and barely puts it down or leaves it laying around.

The second time, she was working on some kind of potion and asked for my help once again. She needed some kind of plant from the market. After a quick visit, I returned with it and she was able to finish it. Tanith thanked me with a drink. The hybrid told me that she made it herself, and it would act as food, taking care of hunger when it was drunk.

Later when I took it, I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like pie for some reason. I'll have to ask for some more sometime.

Eventually came the latest visit, which was today. Unlike all the others, it was an emergency. I frantically rushed down and pounded on the door. "Cody?" She yawned and rubbed her eyes when the door opened, blue eyes squinting lazily. "What are you doing here at 3 AM in the morning?"

"We need your help. Some crazed Killer Whales are attacking the nearby houses."

With that simple sentence, she was fully awake. "Got it. I need to grab my supplies, you go do what you need to. See you there in a minute." We parted ways and I swam up the the castle gates.

Within the minutes, she was ready. Once I saw her come in, I started to speak to everyone. She swam through the crowd to the front, standing next to the Professor, who acknowledged her with a nod. "Soldiers of Atlantis!" I began by addressing them. "Today, some killer whales are attack innocent citizens! They must be eliminated! Try to stun them! We fight... FOR ATLANTIS!" The last line got them to cheer. If I learned one thing from being a king, it was that if you wanted to inspire the troops, you have to tell speeches like these.

I lead the troops out into the situation, and took it all in myself.

There were four huge killer whales, with one even ENORMOUS one commanding them. Clearly the leader. Splitting off, groups of Atlanteans began to attack. The Professor, Tanith and I all decided to split off and take them all down the best we could. After a while, I struck the final blow on one of the whales with the butt end of my spear, bringing them down, out cold. I scanned around the battlefield to see the situation. The Professor had gone full Hulk mode and was know single handedly taking on a whale, wrestling with it. One group of Atlanteans were almost done with one as well. Tanith and her group of Royal Guards were making great progress with their's. Some sort of rays of light were flowing out of her staff and into the men, their wounds fading by the second.

Magic is so cool.

A loud rumbling came from behind, causing me to whip around.

It was the leader. The biggest one.

"Stupid Atlanteans. You ruin everything." It's black eyes locked onto mine. "Fight me King. Just you and me." I narrowed my eyes, taking a couple of steps forward. "Cody! Wait!" I glanced at the hybrid calling out my name. "You're still hurt from the last fight! Let me heal you!" She insisted. "No!" I hollered back. "I'm fine! Stay with the troops!"

"But Co-"

"Stay with the troops! That is a direct order!"

"Heh." The head Killer whale chuckled. "Such brave words. Well? Let's go."

I charged with my spear in hand, getting the first strike on him. He winced a little bit but retaliated with a harder blow that hit me directly. I shook what I could off and launched myself at him. Though he was inaccurate, his attacks hit much harder than mine. Both of us began to wear out, me more than him. I struck him on his right side but he came back with a blow that sent me flying to the side. I stumbled back. My spear seemed to be much heavier than I remembered.

The Killer Whale came closer, readying himself to strike again. Panting, I tried to raise my weapon to defend myself. Before either could do anything, a dome formed around me, giving off a glow. The both of us did a double take at it. He slammed himself against it but it stayed, protecting me from the blow. Every time he attacked, it sounded like he was hitting glass for some reason.

A warm feeling passed through me. Not an unpleasant heat but something like a hot tub at just the right temperature. Strength and hope returned to my body and I felt better than before. My wounds healed. I whipped around to see if there was anything around.

Tanith was face to face with me.

"Tanith? I though I told you to stay with the troops!"

Her concerned eyes suddenly turned relieved and then something else... Annoyed maybe?

"You needed more help then the troops. Plus, Professor is helping them but Cody. Seriously! You took on the leader of the Killer Whales alone while injured and attacked head on? What kind of idea is that?" I suddenly remember the whale and the bubble. "Wait. What-" I peeked behind her for a crazy scene. Her Staff was in the ground and produced a dome over us, like a protective force field.  "Holy crap man. How are you doing this stuff? Why did I never learn you knew magic like this?"

She just chuckled, swaying just a bit. "I always knew it and you didn't ask. Anyways, I didn't really think this far ahead but I'm going to put the shield down. It's getting hard to maintain and honestly, I'm seeing spots here. Are you ready to defeat this guy?" I nodded, smiling. She picked up the Staff and retracted the bubble, allowing me to attack again.

This time, I was winning, landing blow after blow, barely getting any myself. The thing was, he wasn't stopping. "Come on! Give up already!" I spoke through gritted teeth. "NEVER!" He shouted, even though it was just him and one other follower who was almost out of juice. "FINE THEN!" I gripped my weapon and shoved the end into his head, making him drop. "Stay down!" I ordered him. He growled in response. "You Atlanteans have no respect for us animals! We are Atlanteans too!"

A wave of sympathy passed through me. "I'm sorry man but, you started to attack us. We were just defending. Maybe we can work something out for you guys, make you a nice big place to live?" He didn't respond, looking down. "I'll take that as a yes. Now you just stay here, I'm going to talk to the Professor." I turned for a second and started to walk away.

Shifting occurred from behind, and when I turned my head, the leader was approaching at an alarming rate. I had seconds before he caught up. My mind began to race as he grew ever so closer. His eyes were locked on to me.

When he came near, I jabbed my spear right in his stomach. He paused before crumbling to the ground.

He was dead.

I just stared at what I'd done. Feeling nothing at first, before a wave of emotions came crashing down. "What have I done?" I whispered, horrified. "Cody?" The feminine voice sounded so far away. Bad memories came flooding back like a tidal wave.

It's just like

"You have hurt Atlantis too many times!"

"You took my baby! What do you want from me?"

"Your reign of terror ends here!"

"Oh really? What are you going to do, kill me?"

Last time.

"CODY STAY WITH US!" A voice came out of no where. "CODY SNAP OUT OF IT!" Another voice shook me. No wait. I was LITERALLY being shaken. "Wha-?" I answered half heatedly. Tanith's white face was right in front of me, Pikalus not too far behind. "Whoa! Give a man some space!" I stepped back. Both stepped back, Tanith held her hands up in defense. "Sorry but, you were really out of it. You kinda looked like you were going to pass out. Are you okay?" The hybrid asked. "Yeah, your face went all pale and your eyes were wild. Did you lose a lot of blood or..?" Professor Pikalus examined me closely. I pushed all the thoughts away. Shaking myself, I answered.

"I'm fine."

After everything, we managed to sort it out, creating a new design for a place for the Whales to peacefully live. Guilt still ran through me but for now, I could live with it. Everything was sorted out and everything was fine.

But it still wasn't at the same time.

Could I have solved that more peacefully? The question rang through my head, even as I tried to sleep.

************************

Here's chapter two. Hope you enjoyed it! Tell me what you think.

--JustAnAtlantisWriter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 102 6
Another year at Night Raven College, trying to keep to yourself as to not cause any problems goes horribly wrong when a magicless student shows up. Y...
19.4K 3.1K 49
Atlantis was the first city to sink. Hundreds of cities followed, and millions of people drowned, swallowed by an unforgiving ocean. It seemed as if...
141K 4.7K 46
"Come on, little witch. You're only prolonging the inevitable. We're going to have you one way... or the other..." *** There are some rules you don't...
4.9K 123 13
*ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ɪɴꜱᴛᴀʟʟᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ 'ʙᴜʙʙʟᴇ ɢᴜᴍ' ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ* 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟 ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɴᴀʟᴀ ꜱᴀʏʏᴏʀᴀ, ᴊᴇʀᴇᴍɪᴀʜ'ꜱ ᴄᴏʟʟᴇɢᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ, ꜰɪɴᴅꜱ ʜᴇʀꜱᴇʟꜰ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʜɪᴍ...